• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros. Turbo [Trailer is out!]

Ghost392

Smash Cadet

What is Super Smash Bros. Turbo?

Turbo is a mod built to transform Brawl into a high speed game with deep competitive focus. Brawl+ gave a decent effort with this, but I, along with many others, find that the game is still quite slow and floaty. Turbo will be twice as fast as Brawl+.

Aside from speed, Turbo will correct the other flaws in Brawl. Characters will be balanced at the high tier, there will never be a Hylian tier again. New moves will be added to characters to maximize their potential and keep the movesets faithful to the character.

A demo build with 14 characters, including favorites such as Fox, Captain Falcon, and Mario, will be released to the public in August.​

Staff:
Ghost392 - Head programmer/Director
Eternal Equinox - Graphic Designer/Playtester
Deon - Playtester
Zef - Playtester

Zef

Smash Ace
If you need playtesters or someone to upload videos, I'll probably do it if I like it enough. No high hopes atm, since I haven't seen anything.

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
The only bad thing about using MAD for this game, is that the current public MAD code sucks and the MAD code that you would want, is in Project M. And the Project M Codes will not be released anytime soon.

I think you should at least use BAD for now imo.

Ghost392

Smash Cadet
To be honest, while I also love melee air dodging, I am aware that Project M has that market covered. Rather than directly competing with them, I feel it would be better for everybody if I create a unique experience that can coexist with P:M. Rest assured, though, brawl air dodge doesn't take away from the experience.

:phone:

Ghost392

Smash Cadet
Thanks. I'm having some people come to try it Wednesday, so if all goes well, there should be one or two matches put on youtube.

Hopefully I'll get enough footage this week to start editing for a trailer as well :p

Ghost392

Smash Cadet
While playtesting today, something pretty awesome happened, so I thought I'd share it with you.

EDIT: Video taken off of youtube and put in the trailer.

Mr.Jackpot

Smash Lord
The only bad thing about using MAD for this game, is that the current public MAD code sucks and the MAD code that you would want, is in Project M. And the Project M Codes will not be released anytime soon.
Why isn't PM releasing their codes? This is like the third time I've heard a PMBR member talk about how the current code for something is flawed and the PM code is much better, but won't be released.

To be honest, while I also love melee air dodging, I am aware that Project M has that market covered. Rather than directly competing with them, I feel it would be better for everybody if I create a unique experience that can coexist with P:M. Rest assured, though, brawl air dodge doesn't take away from the experience.

Melee Air Dodge =/= Competing with Project M IMO and I'm a little bit disappointed, but I'm still really looking forward to this.

Ghost392

Smash Cadet
Melee Air Dodge =/= Competing with Project M IMO and I'm a little bit disappointed, but I'm still really looking forward to this.
Maybe. I'll consider it.

It won't be implemented at the start, I can say that. I need to be unique to capture an audience first, then I could possibly add MAD.

Sidenote: I don't think I have any Smashboards playtesters, just a bunch of my friends. I think I'll open some spots once I'm done with ganondorf (He has an entirely new utilt, get hyped?).

Ghost392

Smash Cadet
Alright, I'm pretty happy with ganon so far. And on that note, I'm now accepting playtesters.

If you're interested, post a reply with how often you play offline, who your best characters are, and a video of you playing, if there are any.

Rikana

Smash Champion
Looks too floaty. There are some other things that I can see that will cause problems but you probably know cause it was in brawl+ as well.

Octorox

Smash Apprentice
Writing Team
This looks really cool. How much are you going to change character movesets? I've been looking for a mod (besides Project M) that isn't afraid to change some characters movesets but isnt as crazy as Brawl-

Ghost392

Smash Cadet
I've changed the function of at least one move per character, but as for new moves entirely, I'm only going to add those if there's a horrible move that needs changing, like ganon's old utilt.

felipe_9595

Smash Lord
Mmm i will try this later (i have a wii now XDDD)

Are you going to use MAD or BAD at the end?? if you want to use mad pm me.

Top Bottom