• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros. Sterilized aka "The End of Smash" "Wii Sports: SSB" "SSB goes Pop"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael Blaine

Smash Apprentice
Auto edge grabbing
Walking off edge and push back to grab...wow intense.
Auto lag cancel
Everyone floating like Jigglypuff
Wiimote
The general appearance of the characters and stages
The music, specifically the Snake track lifted directly from that pirate movie
Awkward subspace Emissary vids
The abomination that is Sonic
The pimping of Snake

These are just some of the things that set off red flags for me. Everything about this game reeks with the stench of a Star Wars prequel. The music is phony, the marketing of this game is phony, the nintendo reps and their cheerleaders are phony. CO-OP mode in SE looks extremely awkward with the other player being left off the screen constantly, the pathetic minions just begging to get killed. It's over. A critical and financial success, a casual phenomenon, but a competitive failure. That's how this game will be described two years from now. Promise.

Proceed.

Chidosengan

Smash Lord
Auto edge grabbing
Auto lag cancel
Wiimote
The pimping of Snake

These are just some of the things that set off red flags for me. Everything about this game reeks with the stench of a Star Wars prequel. The music is phony, the marketing of this game is phony, the nintendo reps and their cheerleaders are phony. CO-OP mode in SE looks extremely awkward with the other player being left off the screen constantly, the pathetic minions just begging to get killed. It's over. A critical and financial success, a casual phenomenon, but a competitive failure. That's how this game will be described two years from now. Promise.

Proceed to flame.
I bet you're going to be loving it once it comes out.

Kittah4

Smash Ace
Imagine if in SSB64 all attacks coudl be L-cancelled. Then, in Melee, they removed this feature, making only aerials L-cancellable, and then only half lag at that (like they are)? Would you be complaining then? Yeah. But Melee was still a great and deep game.

Ekaru

Smash Apprentice
What's a 'lag cancel'? There's no such thing as a 'lag cancel'. Where are people getting that from?

Oh yeah, and L-canceling could've been disabled from the demo for show purposes, seriously.

The things you mentioned either speed up gameplay or promote ariel combat, we have other techniques to make up for wavedashing, and also wavedashing could've been too many options, and put some people on auto and they went backwards and forwards wavedashing to try and avoid attacks a lot, and...

Basically, you're spamming, trolling, and acting like an idiot. Basically...

*points to the gif in falco's post*

EDIT: Wow, you didn't mention wavedashing at all! Oops. Oh, and you don't have to use the Wiimote, and most of us are jsut gonna use the GC controller, so...

EDIT2: We also never got to sit down on final version with the GC controller with 4 stocks, no items, FD, so we can't properly judge the game yet! How do you think we can judge the game without FD? HUH? HUH?

9bit

BRoomer
BRoomer
So basically... you're saying that Brawl isn't Melee?

ASTOUNDING REVELATION!

I reserve judgment for when the game is actually out and I play it.

The Mark

Smash Apprentice
Hmm...

In an alternate reality trolls would learn their place under their bridge... In an alternate reality...

Gilgamesh

BRoomer
BRoomer
Sterilization huh?

So you mean as in it can't reproduce now, or that it hasn't any microbiological organisms?

'Cause i don't want any of these in my Game Disc.

Magic

Smash Apprentice
Sterilization huh?

So you mean as in it can't reproduce now, or that it hasn't any microbiological organisms?

Hah, I can so easily say the guy in your avatar saying that. <_<

Lightsaberboy

Smash Champion

what are you talking about? Anyone who's played Metal Gear Solid can recognize that snake's music comes straight out of his games. I recognized it immediately in that vid with him and mario, and his games came out before POTC.

burrito

Smash Lord
You obviously have no understanding of what defines Super Smash Bros. Oh well, I guess you can just keep thinking that, while I will be enjoying this awesome game. Please, though, don't act so high and mighty like you know everything.

Now, please don't feed the troll. I mean, really. Yes, I realize that I'm being a hypocrite.

Michael Blaine

Smash Apprentice
Sterilization huh?

Well aren't we Mr. Wittywitmeisterwitchowski?

Let's keep this topic civil. I thought SWF was better than this. Look, I'm not trolling, I'm just sad that Sakurai and co has taken this series in this direction, even though I expected they would all along.

And no, I didn't want Melee 2.0. E for All and these vids are painting a very disturbing picture of this game. Seriously I can't be the only one that felt wierd watching some of those co op vid. It did not look fun AT ALL. It looked awkward and...abrupt. I am going to play it though. I'll make it a Blockbuster night, just to confirm my suspicions.

So many times it happens too fast
You trade your passion for glory
don't lose your grip on the dreams of the Smash
Brawl must fight just to keep them alive

It's the eye of the Smasher
it's the thrill of the fight
Rising up to the challenge of our rivals
and the five stock survivor taunts his prey in the night
and hes watching us all with the eye...OF THE SMASHER.

Don't lose your grip Sakurai. There's still time to turn back.

Rash

Smash Ace
Maybe I shouldn't even be here at Smashboards. I mean, before the idea of being part of the Smash community seemed pretty cool. Smash Brothers is a fantastic series. The games are well-constructed, fun, and memorable. Being part of a dedicated community that appreciates the game seemed refreshing.

However, if people are going to be this serious and critical about a ****ing video game, what's the point? This kind of attitude just sucks the fun out of Smash as a whole. It's sickening. I'm just trying to look forward to playing this excellent looking sequel and I have to listen to sh*t like this being tossed around constantly.

If it weren't for the "positive Smash Brothers thread" I think I'd be too sickened to post here anymore.

Michael Blaine

Smash Apprentice
(That Gif)Tell me about it. I just so happen to be listening to Dragonforce at the moment (Think the 300, if Spartans did power metal.), and it just. . .Clicked.

Someone get that cross-dressing elf a guitar. :chuckle:
Exactly what I'm thinking

GreenKirby

Smash Master
NNID
NoName9999
Auto edge grabbing

So. You're still blocking the person. So what?

>_>
Auto lag cancel

Hey, it makes this so called 'slow' game faster

Umm hello. When you first played Melee not everything was blazing fast and fell like a brick. They probably didn't press down when they fell

Wiimote

Idiot. You can still use the Gamecube Controller

Looks better in Brawl then they did Melee. Idiot still

Since when is having orchestric music = stealing songs from Pirates of the Caribbean

Again, you're an idiot. Those were filmed on cameras that held by people

Sonic is more worthy than some Nintendo characters people suggested. You PHAIL

The pimping of Snake

How dare they keep him in character. How dare they.
10 characters

Rash

Smash Ace
The administration here should create a "negative nancies" subforum. Seriously. There's certainly enough negative energy being passed around in here to sufficiently fill it.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
Maybe I shouldn't even be here at Smashboards. I mean, before the idea of being part of the Smash community seemed pretty cool. Smash Brothers is a fantastic series. The games are well-constructed, fun, and memorable. Being part of a dedicated community that appreciates the game seemed refreshing.

However, if people are going to be this serious and critical about a ****ing video game, what's the point? This kind of attitude just sucks the fun out of Smash as a whole. It's sickening. I'm just trying to look forward to playing this excellent looking sequel and I have to listen to sh*t like this being tossed around constantly.

If it weren't for the "positive Smash Brothers thread" I think I'd be too sickened to post here anymore.

You mean you've never experienced this before? All you need to do is not be a Nintendo fanboy and breathe a word about a game not made by Nintendo and you get the same results.

Welcome to my world.

Rash

Smash Ace
I'm part of the administration of another videogame forum. I've seen stuff similar to this, and it really peeves me. But, the attitudes I've noticed being tossed around on Smashboards are far more disturbing than anything I've seen before.

Jumpluff

Smash Rookie
The rage this has caused me can scarcly be formed into words.
So, lemme try anyway.

You're crying over add-ons. Worse off, you're crying over GOOD add-ons.
The truth here is that you're afraid of what else is to be included in the game, and that you'll never use any of the extra additions, and probably not even PLAY THE GAME because you think that making it easier for people to pick up and play is a bad thing, and seeing other people who got good overnight kicking your FAT PIMPLE-RIDDEN *** in a tournament.

Also, why do you think having a co-op story mode is such a problem?
I admit, the co-op part looks a bit... awkward at best, but single player story mode would be amazing. You get a story to behind WHY they came together and WHY they're fighting. I think that you need to get a grip on life.

Start by putting your ***** in the thickest book you have, hopefully a Bible or Dictionary (However, I don't suspect you are intelligent OR religious enough to have either OR both), and slam it shut as hard and as fast as you possibly can. I hope that this causes the blood vessels in your ***** to rupture and cause you to urinate blood unendingly until you die in extreme pain.

PLEASE DIE, YOU ******** SACK OF CRAP. YOU CANNOT KNOCK DOWN A GAME YOU HAVEN'T PLAYED. I HOPE THAT WHATEVER ETHEREAL BEING REALLY EXISTS SMITES YOU IN THE MOST BIZZARE AND PAINFULWAY POSSIBLE.

NintendoWarrior

Smash Lord
Auto edge grabbing
Auto lag cancel
Wiimote
The pimping of Snake

Proceed to flame.
I do agree w/themarketing being phony. Ex: being guaranteed a false release date.

burrito

Smash Lord
Let's keep this topic civil. I thought SWF was better than this. Look, I'm not trolling, I'm just sad that Sakurai and co has taken this series in this direction, even though I expected they would all along.
Oh, you say you're not trolling, huh? Lets check Wikipedia's definition of a troll:
An Internet troll, or simply troll in Internet slang, is someone who intentionally posts controversial or contrary messages in an on-line community such as an on-line discussion forum with the intention of baiting users into an argumentative response.
You're on a Smash Bros. forum, if you come and say "Smash Bros. Brawl will suck" people are going to take offense. Obviously, you know this, or else you wouldn't have said "proceed to flame". As in, you intentionally posted this knowing that you would create an argumentative response.

I'm not saying that you can't express your opinions or worries. There are much more intelligent ways to do that, for example, you could say, "I'm worried that Brawl might ruin the series forever" or " from what I've seen so far, I think that Brawl might end up ruining the series forever". The way you said it, you basically put down a whole fan community and that should not be tolerated.

Michael Blaine

Smash Apprentice
The rage this has caused me can scarcly be formed into words.
So, lemme try anyway.

You're crying over add-ons. Worse off, you're crying over GOOD add-ons.
The truth here is that you're afraid of what else is to be included in the game, and that you'll never use any of the extra additions, and probably not even PLAY THE GAME because you think that making it easier for people to pick up and play is a bad thing, and seeing other people who got good overnight kicking your FAT PIMPLE-RIDDEN *** in a tournament.

Also, why do you think having a co-op story mode is such a problem?
I admit, the co-op part looks a bit... awkward at best, but single player story mode would be amazing. You get a story to behind WHY they came together and WHY they're fighting. I think that you need to get a grip on life.

Start by putting your ***** in the thickest book you have, hopefully a Bible or Dictionary (However, I don't suspect you are intelligent OR religious enough to have either OR both), and slam it shut as hard and as fast as you possibly can. I hope that this causes the blood vessels in your ***** to rupture and cause you to urinate blood unendingly until you die in extreme pain.

PLEASE DIE, YOU ******** SACK OF CRAP. YOU CANNOT KNOCK DOWN A GAME YOU HAVEN'T PLAYED. I HOPE THAT WHATEVER ETHEREAL BEING REALLY EXISTS SMITES YOU IN THE MOST BIZZARE AND PAINFULWAY POSSIBLE.
U ok?

Anyway. I'm glad you agree with me about the SE co op stuff. Really that's a big one. The other stuff I mentioned might be useful to digest before going cuckoo like that, though. Did you read the whole post?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom