• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros Headcanons

Luigi#1

Smash Champion
:4luigi::4lucina:

Luigi and Lucina are seen developing a slow but steady friendship: even if bumping in terms that might have driven each other aside. Luigi isn't too fond of swordswoman's formality and stoic demeanor, but can relate to her when coming to pessimism and cynical/negative outlook on many things. He also looks up to Lucina with huge respect and not only wishes, but works on being a strong and unwinded person like her.

Lucina again, finds Luigi pretty cowardly and uncapable of taking in negative feedback and more importantly, hardships towards himself dignifiedly- but she appreciates green understudy's big heart and devotion to his loved ones, and is easily entertained, even fascinated by Luigi's quirky and eccentric way of doing certain things.

Both can be seen together sometimes, whether it's Lucina trying to teach Luigi her self-taught determination and tenacity on fighting, while Luigi provides her his instinctual comfort through little joys or help, and might remind her when she worries or works too hard before Smash Fights. Still, both things have tendency to fail because each other's flaws, either Lucina's stubborness if being worried for and Luigi's clumsiness or soft heart, but as said above, slow and steady.
This was either made from random icon picking, or the fact that they start with Lu.
He could be like the Captain Jack Harkness of smash

Imagine that guy with blue hair.
Holy crap that works.

IronFish

Smash Ace
This was either made from random icon picking, or the fact that they start with Lu.

Holy crap that works.
"Ladies am I naked in front of millions if live viewers?"
Fashion Robots:"absolutely"
"Ladies, your ratings just went up!"
The more I keep thinking about it the more I keep thinking about it the more I realize it totally works.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
The Smashers have a beach resort as a summer vacation spot, and some lodges for a winter vacation spot. Often, at the winter getaway, a lot of snowball fights ensue.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
It's more the fact that everyone seems to ship them than anything to do with you're post, honestly. I'm just a little tired of the whole Awakening shipping wars.
It's fine. I'm not the shipping war kind of person. There's like two ship I don't like.

Forget everything we've since come to know about the Subspace Emissary and just revisit the This World post. The story it seems to be setting up is far removed from what it turned out being.

Here, it looks like the Halberd/Primid siege is punishment for Mario breaking the "rules" and reviving his opponent.

Headcanon alert!

Mario pulls a Jack Skellington and grows tired of what he's great at (fighting) and decides to revive Kirby to be his friend. Master Hand, the enforcer of his world's rules, swiftly retaliates.

Also, all the characters are just living figurines suffering from Buzz Lightyear complexes. They are not who they think they are; just toys.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Just as Zelda and Sheik now have separate bodies, so do Samus and Zero Suit Samus.

Being as small-chested as she is, Lucina is jealous of the other girls who have bigger chests. Even Sheik, who binds herself up, has an ample chest when the bindings are off.

It's also in part because of this that she and Zamus fight and call each other out a lot.

Shulk distrusts Palutena and, to a lesser extent, Rosalina. The reason is unknown...

Last edited:

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
:4metaknight: has a crush on :4lucina:, but only when she's wearing her mask.
Shulk, Bowser Jr., Pittoo, the Dunk Hunt Dog, Doc Mario, and Mewtwo all entered the mansion early by breaking in.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
:4metaknight: has a crush on :4lucina:, but only when she's wearing her mask.
Shulk, Bowser Jr., Pittoo, the Dunk Hunt Dog, Doc Mario, and Mewtwo all entered the mansion early by breaking in.
Eww, interspecies romance.

They dug in the mansion with spoons and weapons from below. Right now they hide in the closet until they hear their names spoken to them by God :p

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
Eww, interspecies romance.

They dug in the mansion with spoons and weapons from below. Right now they hide in the closet until they hear their names spoken to them by God :p
It's one sided. Also, :4robinm: hates :4metaknight: because of his crush on his wife. Also, :4tlink: and :4link: have some weird... thing going on.
Oh, and Reggie is hunting down the leaked ones. With intent to kill.

Last edited:

Oz37

Smash Journeyman
NNID
smozzy
So, I don't even care that he's not 100% official, I've gotta do some Bowser Jr. headcanons.

- Bowser dotes on his son, and it's one of those things that momentarily makes you forget he's a bad guy. However, they have a very friendly father/son rivalry while in battle.
- The Koopalings pick on Bowser Jr. and steal his Junior Clown Car all the time. BJ doesn't complain to his dad because he doesn't want to look weak, even though Bowser would kick the crap out of the Koopalings if he knew.
- Peach is uncharacteristically cold toward BJ, mainly because she doesn't feel old enough to be mistaken for his "mother." However, Rosalina has an affection for him, and she is kind to him even when he's bratty.
- Because Rosalina has begun to keep BJ close and treat him like a child of her own, the Lumas have also taken to him. Thus begins various antics involving BJ leading a small Luma army against the Koopalings whenever they try to pick on him. Of course, he also teaches the Lumas all kinds of bad habits.
- Bowser and Rosalina have developed a very odd relationship because of BJ. Bowser usually steered clear of Rosalina, secretly fearing her, but seeing her care for his son has him feeling... differently. And oddly enough, Rosalina is aware of his change in feelings and doesn't mind...? (not so far as RosiexBowser, but a kinda cute affection)

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
:4peach: is Bowser Jr.'s mother.
She hesitated before saying she wasn't in Sunshine, therefore she is a lier!

Phantom High

Smash Apprentice
i got a few more.

There are two people that Marth always dreads fighting: Peach and Jigglypuff. Jiggs, because of her Wall of Pain plus her Rest Kills, and Peach for making it difficult you actually land a hit on her. He even developed resentment to turnips.

Mario, Luigi, and Bowser actually get along quite well when they're not on adventures. Luigi actually babysits the Koopalings when Bowser has to do business..Heck part of the reason why wii fit is here is because Mario hired the trainer because he's worried about his frenemy's health.

Sometime during Brawl, Marth and Ceada have a baby girl named Eliza. Marth actually made Captain Falcon her godfather, all series boundaries be screwed.

Despite popular belief, Megaman doesn't hate the Street Fighter series. In fact, he's glad that they ushered in a new era of fighting games. He even asked Ryu to put in his bad box art version in sfxt.

For some reason, all the females tend to get pms at the same time, so all the guys either get out of dodge or band together and use one if them like bait ala five nights at freddy's.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
i got a few more.

There are two people that Marth always dreads fighting: Peach and Jigglypuff. Jiggs, because of her Wall of Pain plus her Rest Kills, and Peach for making it difficult you actually land a hit on her. He even developed resentment to turnips.

Mario, Luigi, and Bowser actually get along quite well when they're not on adventures. Luigi actually babysits the Koopalings when Bowser has to do business..Heck part of the reason why wii fit is here is because Mario hired the trainer because he's worried about his frenemy's health.

Sometime during Brawl, Marth and Ceada have a baby girl named Eliza. Marth actually made Captain Falcon her godfather, all series boundaries be screwed.

Despite popular belief, Megaman doesn't hate the Street Fighter series. In fact, he's glad that they ushered in a new era of fighting games. He even asked Ryu to put in his bad box art version in sfxt.

For some reason, all the females tend to get pms at the same time, so all the guys either get out of dodge or band together and use one if them like bait ala five nights at freddy's.
I would not like to see :4lucina:, :4palutena:, or :4zss: PMSing. That would be horrifying.

Lautsuu~

Smash Journeyman
-Lucas is afraid of the dark.
-Master Hand and Crazy Hand dote on the Smashers. Master Hand can't even properly punish them if they do something wrong.
-Mario and Luigi are professional hairdressers.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Wolf, Ice Climbers, and Lucas have recently been evicted from their apartments. They are now struggling to get back in.

Snake left of his own accord, and ended his friendships with Captain Falcon and Zamus, which really depressed the former since he's a softy deep down and really did appreciate his friendship with Snake, however short it was. (For a bit of reference for their personalities/signs see my zodiac head canon post on page 4.)

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
So, I don't even care that he's not 100% official, I've gotta do some Bowser Jr. headcanons.

- Bowser dotes on his son, and it's one of those things that momentarily makes you forget he's a bad guy. However, they have a very friendly father/son rivalry while in battle.
- The Koopalings pick on Bowser Jr. and steal his Junior Clown Car all the time. BJ doesn't complain to his dad because he doesn't want to look weak, even though Bowser would kick the crap out of the Koopalings if he knew.
- Peach is uncharacteristically cold toward BJ, mainly because she doesn't feel old enough to be mistaken for his "mother." However, Rosalina has an affection for him, and she is kind to him even when he's bratty.
- Because Rosalina has begun to keep BJ close and treat him like a child of her own, the Lumas have also taken to him. Thus begins various antics involving BJ leading a small Luma army against the Koopalings whenever they try to pick on him. Of course, he also teaches the Lumas all kinds of bad habits.
- Bowser and Rosalina have developed a very odd relationship because of BJ. Bowser usually steered clear of Rosalina, secretly fearing her, but seeing her care for his son has him feeling... differently. And oddly enough, Rosalina is aware of his change in feelings and doesn't mind...? (not so far as RosiexBowser, but a kinda cute affection)
You're reminding me of how I've been wanting to write a Bowser Jr/Rosalina fan fiction since the Bowser Jr leak.

ugh i have so many ideas and headcanons in relation to Rosalina and other cast members that it hurts my soul

Ignoth

Smash Cadet
A recent new head-canon just occurred to me:

All the veterans cut in Smash 4? They died in the Subspace emissary storyline. Or more accurately, their trophies were never recovered and were forever lost during the destruction of the subspace.

(Srsly though, I really don't want the rumors about cut characters to be true.)

Aureola

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Queenrider

All the veterans cut in Smash 4? They died in the Subspace emissary storyline. Or more accurately, their trophies were never recovered and were forever lost during the destruction of the subspace.

Well I just got really depressed.

Wait. How would that work for Wolf if he gets cut?

Anyway:
- :4robinm: jokingly ships everyone together. It's starting to get on everyone's nerves.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157

But Wolf was recruied after.

Anyway:
- jokingly ships everyone together. It's starting to get on everyone's nerves.
YES! Even better if he's a total nut about it.

Last edited:

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Got some really dark ones here.

- The reason Nana dies too if Popo does in Melee and Brawl, is because Nana commits suicide over the loss of her love.
- The whole Smash universe is created in a mentally disabled child's imagination. Having no friends, he pretends his toys are alive and playing with eachother. The combat is a representation of his abusive parents who are always fighting and forget their child even exists. As he gets older, he starts to feel a sense of power over his universe of toys. He pictures himself as the powerful Hands and Tabuu. His toys overcoming Tabuu is a representation of how his childlike ignorance overcomes his adult feelings.
- Mario is a plumber.

Here are some explanations on why certain characters are cut.

- Nana feels bad about hurting innocent children, like Young/Toon Link, Ness, and Red. She only did this because her abusive boyfriend made her. She finally stands up for herself, and leaves Popo. Popo becomes depressed and resorts to drugs.
- Snake was tragically killed while on a mission. He was killed almost immediately after Brawl, which is why he wasn't in Playstation All-Stars, and why MGS5 and Phantom Pain will be the last games in the series.
- Wolf was arrested for his crimes, was sentenced to death, and was killed.
- Charizard started to dislike the idea of a 10 year old kid bossing him around, so he rebelled. He ate Red, burned Ivysaur to Ashes (buddum tssssss), and only Squirtle escaped with an inch of his life and ran far away from Smash.
- Lucas is too scared to fight in Smash. Brawl traumatized him even more than he already was, and he had to see therapy.

Here is some newcomer stuff
- The Dog vs. Duck conflict was a real war, and a treaty was signed very recently. To celebrate this newfound peace, the Dog and Duck will be teaming up in combat.
- Dark Pit was only included to avoid controversy that Pit was racist by being all white.
- Bowser Jr. planned to join Smash with his handy Paintbrush, but E. Gadd tracked him down and took it back, so Jr. had to use his dad's toys instead.
- Dr. Mario a younger Mario from before he got flushed down a toilet and went to the Mushroom Kingdom. This was before he went into the plumbing business. He was a normal doctor and ran his own clinic in Brooklyn. Having a younger incarnation of Mario in Smash would make sense, as we have been shown to have past and present versions of characters before (Link and Young/Toon Link).
- Ridley is too big. He is literally too big. He can't fit his hand in the mailbox to receive his invitation.

I have another theory on Dr. Mario which I'll post later. It explains how Dr. Mario could be a past Mario living in Brooklyn, while Baby Mario can exist in the Mushroom Kingdom.

Last edited:

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157

Anyway:
- :4robinm: jokingly ships everyone together. It's starting to get on everyone's nerves.
Got some really dark ones here.

- The reason Nana dies too if Popo does in Melee and Brawl, is because Nana commits suicide over the loss of her love.
- The whole Smash universe is created in a mentally disabled child's imagination. Having no friends, he pretends his toys are alive and playing with eachother. The combat is a representation of his abusive parents who are always fighting and forget their child even exists. As he gets older, he starts to feel a sense of power over his universe of toys. He pictures himself as the powerful Hands and Tabuu. His toys overcoming Tabuu is a representation of how his childlike ignorance overcomes his adult feelings.
- Mario is a plumber.

Here are some explanations on why certain characters are cut.

- Nana feels bad about hurting innocent children, like Young/Toon Link, Ness, and Red. She only did this because her abusive boyfriend made her. She finally stands up for herself, and leaves Popo. Popo becomes depressed and resorts to drugs.
- Snake was tragically killed while on a mission. He was killed almost immediately after Brawl, which is why he wasn't in Playstation All-Stars, and why MGS5 and Phantom Pain will be the last games in the series.
- Wolf was arrested for his crimes, was sentenced to death, and was killed.
- Charizard started to dislike the idea of a 10 year old kid bossing him around, so he rebelled. He ate Red, burned Ivysaur to Ashes (buddum tssssss), and only Squirtle escaped with an inch of his life and ran far away from Smash.
- Lucas is too scared to fight in Smash. Brawl traumatized him even more than he already was, and he had to see therapy.

Here is some newcomer stuff
- The Dog vs. Duck conflict was a real war, and a treaty was signed very recently. To celebrate this newfound peace, the Dog and Duck will be teaming up in combat.
- Dark Pit was only included to avoid controversy that Pit was racist by being all white.
- Bowser Jr. planned to join Smash with his handy Paintbrush, but E. Gadd tracked him down and took it back, so Jr. had to use his dad's toys instead.
- Dr. Mario a younger Mario from before he got flushed down a toilet and went to the Mushroom Kingdom. This was before he went into the plumbing business. He was a normal doctor and ran his own clinic in Brooklyn. Having a younger incarnation of Mario in Smash would make sense, as we have been shown to have past and present versions of characters before (Link and Young/Toon Link).
- Ridley is too big. He is literally too big. He can't fit his hand in the mailbox to receive his invitation.

I have another theory on Dr. Mario which I'll post later. It explains how Dr. Mario could be a past Mario living in Brooklyn, while Baby Mario can exist in the Mushroom Kingdom.
Hasn't Kojima said that insert Metal Gear here will be the last one ten times now?

Triblaze

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Triblaze0
Link has way too much fun with the Ocarina of Time, and he feels about the pranks he pulls, thus delegates himself to the lower tiers of the tournament. Some characters though with psychic abilities can sense the disturbances in the time continuum, but don't bother messing with Link, but rather give him a couple 'assignments' yielding a very curious series of events such as Epona haunting the villagers house and the Zora queen living in the pond from Mario 64.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Ness is usually an emotionally resilient person, but he did not take Lucas's departure well at all.

.....help this is reminding me of my own personal experience how my friend stopped being such...she even was a Lucas main ;A;

Last edited:

MajorMajora

Smash Ace
Ness is usually an emotionally resilient person, but he did not take Lucas's departure well at all.

.....help this is reminding me of my own personal experience how my friend stopped being such...she even was a Lucas main ;A;
Why would you even do that to me???

Triblaze

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Triblaze0

Very well done. Now I can only hope September makes it obsolete

Andyjoe522

Smash Ace
NNID
Andyjoe522
Despite popular belief, Shulk actually has nothing against Palutena and Rosalina.

They remind him more of Lady Meyneth than they do of Lord Zanza.
He's actually on rather friendly terms with the both of them.

Viridi and Hades on the other hand...

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
Despite popular belief, Shulk actually has nothing against Palutena and Rosalina.

They remind him more of Lady Meyneth than they do of Lord Zanza.
He's actually on rather friendly terms with the both of them.

Viridi and Hades on the other hand...
What about
:4robinm:/:4robinf:
and :4ridley:?

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
It was all fun and well until Waluigi's kamikaze attack.
7 dead, 22 in critical condition.
Lucario is the only one who recovered 100%. It was not very effective.
Smash 5 will suffer e a great deal of cuts.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
What about
I don't think Ridley counts as a "god" though...

The reason Charizard is all alone this time is because of an incident with the Pokemon Trainer that happened before Smash 4. PT was training his Pokemon one day near a canyon for some reason when Charizard decided PT didn't have enough badges to train him and broke free.
Coincidentally at the same time Charizard flew away, PT, Squirtle and Ivysaur fell into the ravine below. Now on his own, Charizard became self-sufficient and returned to the Mansion or whatever after finding some Charizardite X. Upon returning and shaking his head when asked if PT and the other two were ok, the other Smashers held a vigil for PT, whose body was never found... Rumor however has it that Ivysaur escaped using Vine Whip and retreated to be with his fellow Bulba/Ivy/Venusaur brethren.

Another reason Lucina and Zamus fight a lot is because Zamus found out about Lucina doing the hate-frick with Zamus's man, the Captain. Lucina and Zamus often sling insults at each other like the following:
"I could iron my Zero Suit on that flat-*** chest of yours, you ratchet ho!"
"Who you callin' a ratchet ho, you big-boobed b****?"

Dark Pit, Duck Hunt Dog (who I will refer to from now on as "Mr. Peepers" since that's his rumored name) and Bowser Jr. are looking on at the Mansion from afar, awaiting their inevitable entry into the next tournament...

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
I don't think Ridley counts as a "god" though...

The reason Charizard is all alone this time is because of an incident with the Pokemon Trainer that happened before Smash 4. PT was training his Pokemon one day near a canyon for some reason when Charizard decided PT didn't have enough badges to train him and broke free.
Coincidentally at the same time Charizard flew away, PT, Squirtle and Ivysaur fell into the ravine below. Now on his own, Charizard became self-sufficient and returned to the Mansion or whatever after finding some Charizardite X. Upon returning and shaking his head when asked if PT and the other two were ok, the other Smashers held a vigil for PT, whose body was never found... Rumor however has it that Ivysaur escaped using Vine Whip and retreated to be with his fellow Bulba/Ivy/Venusaur brethren.

Another reason Lucina and Zamus fight a lot is because Zamus found out about Lucina doing the hate-frick with Zamus's man, the Captain. Lucina and Zamus often sling insults at each other like the following:
"I could iron my Zero Suit on that flat-*** chest of yours, you ratchet ho!"
"Who you callin' a ratchet ho, you big-boobed b****?"

Dark Pit, Duck Hunt Dog (who I will refer to from now on as "Mr. Peepers" since that's his rumored name) and Bowser Jr. are looking on at the Mansion from afar, awaiting their inevitable entry into the next tournament...
Ridley is called a cunning god of death. He's one of the biggest gods!
Edit: :4robinm: and :4lucina: hired :4falcon: to defeat Chrom so they got instead of Chrom. :4robinm: and :4lucina: hired :4falcon: because :4robinm: is HUGE fan of :4falcon:, to the point of letting him join for threesomes. The fight between :4lucina: and :4falcon: was completely staged. Also, :4marth: hates :4lucina: and :4robinm:. He hates:4lucina: for jacking on his style, and:4robinm: for marrying :4lucina:.
:4myfriends:, :4littlemac:, :4robinm:, :4link:, :4falcon:, :4shulk:, :4pit:, :4pittoo:,:4fox: and :4falco: are all total bros.
And everyone hates :4sonic: for no reason.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Bowser's guilty pleasure is watching cat videos on the Internet (which may or may not explain Cat Bowser in SM3DW).

Rosalina's favorite song is the theme to Space Jam. There. I said it. :troll:

Last edited:

Andyjoe522

Smash Ace
NNID
Andyjoe522
What about
He's pretty much best friends with the Robins, considering they were in the same boat when it comes to the whole "Being host to a mad god who wants to destroy the world" thing. Also, their similar personalities let them get along rather well. The combination of Robin's tactical knowledge and Shulk's visions make the two nearly unbeatable in a team match.

Last edited:

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
Bowser's guilty pleasure is watching cat videos on the Internet (which may or may not explain Cat Bowser in SM3DW).

Rosalina's favorite song is the theme to Space Jam. There. I said it. :troll:
Edit: :4marth: used to hang out with the guys, but left when they let :4robinm: join.

Last edited:
Top Bottom