• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros Headcanons

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
:4robinm::4littlemac:&:4shulk: decided to hangout with each other every Friday. Usually watching old movies, play video games and talk about their adventures. They actually visit each other's worlds, meet their friends and family.

There is some key notes
Robin is married but his daughter is never around and everytime someone mentions his wife, there's always something distracting him or it never mentions it. Only Lucina and Chrom know Robin's wife is.

Shulk had Mac and Robin help out in his lab and it didn't go so well.

Mac have the Shulk and Robin see his matches. They even help his training and Shulk is the reason :4wiremac:exist. He made it with leftovers from the Melee Wireframes

WhiteCane

Smash Apprentice
NNID
3DisBlind-Man
3DS FC
5172-2293-0234
Every other week the Smashers put on a Wrestling Show in the Boxing Ring called Super Smash Wrestling, where they spread the ropes out more and replace the more chaotic weapons with less insane stuff like: tables, ladders, chairs, trash cans, guitars, barbed line, thumb tacks, a stop sign and more.

They don't replace the rigged lights it adds to the matches, and the Smashers can free form their style here and fight anywhere in the building, this helps everyone be good at one point or another and every Smasher tries to show up for one show or the other. this also helps them connect to the audience or trash talk everybody, something the Smashers wouldn't be able to do before.

Since Duck fights together they offered doing the commentary Boomer the Dog is sarcastic rooting for his favorites and getting into arguments over them he often calls the gunmen to shot the lights to aid them, Crackle the Duck is more serious calling the matches and Boomer on all his bullcrap he also gives insight on the Smashers' storylines and backgrounds.

Kirby R.O.B. and Jigglypuff act as the Ring Announcer, Time Keeper, and third commentator they switch every show. Kirby adds what he would do in the ring while siding with Boomer. R.O.B. breaks down the moves going on in the ring and adds a the psychological side of action while siding Crackle. Jigglypuff tells tales of what the Smashers think of each other behind the scenes and sides with whoever butters her up the most.
-------
Add the Champions later if people care its just getting too long had a hard time naming Duck Hunt.

Last edited:

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
Dr. Mario is Mario from the future, where Bowser is defeated and he needs to have another job, but he can't be a plumber for whatever reason and decides to be a doctor.

A new challenger can't get in when they aren't unique enough, with Captain Falcon being the judge. ("Show me ya moves!")
The clones just had a very good reason to join.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Time for another part:
:4lucina: and :4duckhunt: eventually found their way home. While there, :4lucina: apologized to :4robinf: for running away. The Punishment: listen to :4jigglypuff: singing for one hour without falling asleep. :4duckhunt: didn't last 2 seconds against it.

:4link: joined :4luigi:, :4villager:, :4rob:, and :4alph: in their staring contest.

Phantom High

Smash Apprentice
watching the chaotic episode "Perithion", I am disappointed there is no racing mini game. I meanhere are the racers.
:4mario: in the traditional go cart
:4link: riding on Epona
:4pikachu: riding on :4charizard:(got that from the oneold Pokemon episode)
:4fox: in a Landmaster
:4sonic: in a car and drives it Flintstones style.
:4pit: in the Lightning Chariot
:4bowser: with his Koopa Klown
:4littlemac:: with Doc Louis's bike
:4diddy: in an Arwing purposed for racing
:4kirby: with his Wheel Power.
:4robinm: is using Sully's horse, but he ends up carrying the horse.
Ceada, who is representing her husband :4marth:, rides in a F Zero car. Really it's her way to feed her speed demon nature.
:4luigi: made the Poltergust into a vehicle
:4megaman: combined both Rush and ROB to create the ultimate vehicle...except he has to hold on to it.

...i think this went on too long though.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
Dr. Mario is Mario from the future, where Bowser is defeated and he needs to have another job, but he can't be a plumber for whatever reason and decides to be a doctor.

A new challenger can't get in when they aren't unique enough, with Captain Falcon being the judge. ("Show me ya moves!")
The clones just had a very good reason to join.
Robin bribed Falcon so his waifu could get in. Doc used the threat of the daily dose. But what about Pittoo?

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
Robin bribed Falcon so his waifu could get in. Doc used the threat of the daily dose. But what about Pittoo?
Robin was unique so Falcon wanted him so bad he did a two in one deal with Robin and Lucina.
(Chrom attacked Falcon before after Falcon said Chrom wasn't unique enough. (Ike Carbon Copy blablabla)

Dr. Mario is based on one of the Original 12, and since they vote over who comes in he came through.

Pittoo.... I dunno.
I would like to think he came in based on his theme song.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
P
Robin was unique so Falcon wanted him so bad he did a two in one deal with Robin and Lucina.
(Chrom attacked Falcon before after Falcon said Chrom wasn't unique enough. (Ike Carbon Copy blablabla)

Dr. Mario is based on one of the Original 12, and since they vote over who comes in he came through.

Pittoo.... I dunno.
I would like to think he came in based on his theme song.
I bet he just showed up one day.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Random headcanon:
After unleashing Master Core, all the fighters perished. Each tried to hold them back and call :mewtwopm: for assistance, but he/she/it was undergoing tests. (BTW, smashers don't die, they become trophies.) One fighter escaped (:4tlink:) snuck into the real world and found the amiibo. Using them, Master Core was defeated, but waiting to revive everyone else is now a challenge.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
Random headcanon:
After unleashing Master Core, all the fighters perished. Each tried to hold them back and call :mewtwopm: for assistance, but he/she/it was undergoing tests. (BTW, smashers don't die, they become trophies.) One fighter escaped (:4tlink:) snuck into the real world and found the amiibo. Using them, Master Core was defeated, but waiting to revive everyone else is now a challenge.
So.... Basically Skylanders' story?

Azew

Smash Lord
Actual fact: Wii Fit Trainer's Sun Salute is one of the ways the Aztecs worshipped the sun gods.
New Headcanon: WFT is an Aztec and warrior of sunlight.

Shaymikyu

Destruction in Hedgehog Form
Not my headcanon, but I support it nonetheless.

The Guidance for Mario mentions Pit allying with him in SSE, too, so SSE is indeed "canon."
He has odd sense of humor if you can call it that.

Not really picky when it comes to movie effects but that thing freaks me out nice quote tho.
I thought it was "Destroyer of Worlds."

If we're going by abilities that activate a lot, mine must either be Ignis or Lethality. Morgan Lethality Chrom'slastname. Or, if we're going by inherited abilities, it's Morgan Rightful King Chrom'slastname.
New Headcanon:
:4robinf: married Chrom, making :4lucina: their daughter.

One day :4lucina: wanted a pet. She tried various options out.
:4pikachu: shocked her.
:4charizard: was too hot to handle.
:4yoshi: left eggs everywhere.
:4lucario: created too many Aura spheres.
:4jigglypuff: made them sleepy... again.
In the end, :4lucina: went with :4duckhunt: because it was a dog, and she thought it was cute.

Also: :4luigi: is trying to beat :4villager: in a staring contest.
I love that first one so much, though I picture she tried to get Meta Knight as well, much to his annoyance.
His last name is actually Validar (which makes Validar's name Validar Validar).
:L......
I'll sit down now...
Validar and Mario must come from the same land. I'm so sorry.

*There has never been a Hoenn stage because the land wasn't as well known or considered during the first two tournaments, they were still recovering from all the damage Groudon and Kyogre did in Brawl, and now they're fighting off Team Magma and Aqua again in this round.
*:mewtwopm: can't join the tournament until Spring because he's so powerful that he wanted to give the other fighters time to prepare for him.
*:4robinf: can get overprotective of :4lucina: at times, especially after Future's Past. :4lucina: sometimes gets annoyed by it, but is just happy to have her mother back. Chrom also sometimes brings baby :4lucina: to visit :4robinf:.
*While he never appears in the game, Morgan lives with :4robinf: and helps her make strategies because he's still recovering from
having to see her sacrifice herself and being worried for her fate for a few months, and he doesn't want to lose her again.
:4robinf: insists he spend time with Chrom though to help the poor guy watch after baby :4lucina: while she's fighting. Baby :4lucina: is more mischievous and hyperactive than :4lucina:.

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
Let's join this lovely thread.

For me :4drmario: is :4mario: in the future where the Mushroom Kingdom is in peace and Mario goes back to the real to become a doctor. But in case his help is needed, he still trains himself to gain more power physically, by using electricity and using pressure points has his advantage for more power. But, being a doctor ain't easy and takes a lot of time, so Dr.Mario can't train his speed and agility properly, those making him slower. Since Mario left the Fludd in the mushroom kingdom, he uses his tornado.
This is also in this periode that he meets :4littlemac: and meets again:4dk:. He also meets the owner of the :4duckhunt: from Duck Hunt in this.

LF2K

Floor Diver
My theory on Dr. Mario.

:4drmario: hails from an alternate universe; another version of the Mushroom Kingdom. In :4drmario:'s universe, :4bowser: never rose to power and never kidnapped :4peach:. Since :4mario: never had to go and rescue :4peach:, :4mario: discovered there was more in life than working with pipes. Saving people's lives was more important. So, :4mario: decided to study medicine, got his PhD, and became :4drmario:. Ever notice that :4bowser: has yet to appear in any of :4drmario:'s games?

Last edited:

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
Duck Hunt Dog in Smash is the puppy of the original Duck Hunt Dog.
The Duck is the duckling of a Duck from Duck Hunt
The Smash Hunter is the son of The Hunter from Duck Hunt.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Headcanon on why Robin has the Nosferatu move, even though he can't originally use it as a Tactician.

Robin sacrificed himself to kill Grima, but was reborn, as revealed post-ending when Chrom and Lissa find him the same way they did at the beginning.

He may not have the mark of Grima anymore, but he somehow got the Shadowgift skill when he was reborn. Just like how Aversa's Shadowgift skill is actually something she was born with.

Last edited:

DunnoBro

The Free-est
NNID
DunnoBro
Oh, I didn't know headcanons were their own thing. I thought it was about how huge the heads are on some nintendo characters.

IvanQuote

Smash Ace
NNID
ivanquote
3DS FC
1693-3075-2999
I have. He's cute. He's just not as cute as Pika Pika. :p

That's a different kind of cute.
image.jpg

I'd say Lucina can fit the winsome kind of cute too...

---

Event matches in sequential order tell the storyline of smash bros games (ex. Mario and Bowser when abducted land on Battlefield where Bowser starts a fight, DK lands on Kongo Waterfall where he fights a mini clone made by Master Hand, etc.) The event 51 ended Melee with G&W, Ice Climbers, Jigglypuff, and Pichu (evolved) remaining behind in the world of trophys. The FINAL final battle ended Brawl, with G&W, ROB, Pikachu, Jigglypuff, and Lucario remaining behind.

warriorman222

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3866-8698-4754
  • Fan projects like Flash 2 and Crusade are side events with less strict regulations than the main events. Just some fun outside the tournaments and giving a chance for anyone capable to fight. Some participants, like :4megaman::4duckhunt:, were invited to the real event after Master Hand watched their performance there.
  • Project M is different; it was illegally organized by :mewtwopm: to judge whether or not the fighters' abilities are capable of satisfying his bloodlust now so he didn't have to hold back anymore. He's judged them to be worthy opponents now, and he's decided to return to the main event because of that.
Makes no sense why Mega Man's in Smash 4, he sucked in Flash 2, like unarguably bottom tier(until he got buffed). DHD was never good in Crusade, ever. Maybe Master Hand felt bad for him? If that was the case, Goku and Chibi-Robo would be in Smash 4. They were literally the worst, Goku was nerfed into oblivion in Crusade(He was fine in Flash 2), and Chibi-Robo, despite his game-breaking glitches was just THAT bad that even glitches that let him absorb Final Smashes like Giga Robo and Mario Finale couldn't save him. He was literally the only character with a tier spot agreed on: K(irby) tier.

Ok too confusing I'm out.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Little Mac occasionally has nightmares about that time he was in Fight Night Round 2 for Gamecube. (Look it up at the risk of you not sleeping tonight. Ugh. >< )

WhiteCane

Smash Apprentice
NNID
3DisBlind-Man
3DS FC
5172-2293-0234
:4duckhunt::4gaw::4pacman::4rob: Have learned about Youtube:4rob: Uses it to learn, :4gaw: chats in the comments, :4pacman: wastes time and have fun, :4duckhunt: trolls people to let out anger. :4sonic: Says Youtube is no good but they aren't listening.

:4duckhunt: feels bad holding a gun so throw them away, they also don't like fighting :4fox::4falco: they don't look up to them or that they shoot people with lasers.

:4shulk:Wants to learn to fly a Arwing for he fears he might need that skill one day, he did some work around the Great Fox to help convince them and learn about their galaxy too.

murdokdracul

"What do you mean you support Yoshimitsu?!"
NNID
murdokdracul
3DS FC
2836-0188-2561
Switch FC
SW-5151-9208-7814
(Why are people throwing Xenoblade spoilers around? Stop it, please.)

I have a new TL;DR crossover headcanon:
There is a third Mario Brother, whom :4mario: and :4luigi: refrain from talking about. He was never recovered, or even known, by the :4yoshi: clan; he was raised by Kamek the Magikoopa as an adoptive brother to :4bowser:, and joined him in his first attempt to take over the Mushroom Kingdom.
He was never much of a fighter. :4bowser: was the dominant figure in their relationship, and was so physically overpowering that his younger brother never gained any confidence in his own strength. He was, however, far more studious, and, inspired by his own genetic disconnection from his 'family', pursued an understanding of biology by experimenting on captured Toads (thereby creating the first Goombas).

Shortly before the events of the first Super Mario Bros. game, he was defeated and knocked down an inter-world warp pipe by :4mario:. He ended up in another universe, but he swore he would find a way back to his world to get revenge on his biological brothers.

However, bereft of all money, power and influence in this new world, Giovanni Mario had to rebuild his reputation as a Prince of Villainy from the ground up. Aiming for interplanetary travel to get back to his home world, he formed a gang of like-minded criminals, named them Team Rocket and took to capturing as many of this new world's monstrous inhabitants as possible. He would train the strongest of them - those hardy Pokémon classified within the Ground type and the Monster egg group, as his personal bodyguards, and sell the rarest to the highest bidders. All the while, he listened for rumours and researched legends of the most powerful monsters: those who could travel through space and between worlds. He sent groups from his base in Celadon City to the Sinnoh region of Japan to learn the story of the Spatial Pokémon, Palkia, and to South America to find clues to the location of the mythical 'mirage', Mew, said to possess the DNA and abilities of every other Pokémon, potentially including Palkia.

In Sinnoh, Giovanni's men encountered competition in a rival gang, Team Galactic, and were unable to establish a presence there. In South America, however, they were more fortunate. They captured a Mew, brought it back to Kanto and kept it in an abandoned mansion on Cinnabar Island. Unfortunately, Giovanni's attempts to discover any space-bending or -travelling powers in Mew came to nothing.

It was then that he thought back to his old experiments in the Koopa Kingdom. He had already created an entirely new species through genetic modification; perhaps, with enough experimentation, he could create the monster he was looking for, and Mew, possessing the genes of all Pokémon, was a brilliant starting point. First, though, he tested his methods by creating a rapidly-aged clone of himself: a being genetically identical to him, and therefore to his triplet brothers. Knowing that it had the potential to become just as intelligent as him, he took the clone on as an apprentice biologist, and named it after the highest mountain in the country: Fuji.

Together, Mr Fuji and Giovanni Mario conducted experiments on Mew until they managed to successfully create a clone: :mewtwopm:... But it was too vicious. It killed several of Team Rocket's scientists, burned down the mansion and fled, allowing its mother, Mew, to escape as well. Frustrated and disillusioned, Giovanni decided the only way to proceed was by building Team Rocket into such a superpower that it could wrest control of the Sinnoh region from Team Galactic and summon the Spatial Pokémon. Little did he know that in a few years, his plans would be thwarted again by a certain young Pokémon Trainer, :pt:, with :4pikachu:, :squirtle:, :ivysaur: and :4charizard:.

Mr Fuji, with Giovanni's approval, decided to carve his own path in life. Remorseful over his role in the deaths of his colleagues, he moved to Lavender Town and dedicated his life to the care of Pokémon, but maintained contact with a few other ex-Rocket scientists who remained on Cinnabar Island.

So... "Dr Fuji" looks like this: :4drmario:. In the year 2001, he, :mewtwopm: and Red's :4pikachu: were summoned by Master Hand to the World of Trophies to participate, alongside Fuji's uncles,:4mario:, :4luigi: and :4bowser:, in the Super Smash Bros. Melee Tournament. Fuji was nicknamed 'Dr Mario' due to his status as a scientist and a clone of the Mario triplets. In 2008, they were invited again, but :mewtwopm: did not respond, and at the last moment, Fuji gave up his place in the tournament to search for his creation. By 2014, Fuji had given up on his search and accepted his next invitation.

But it seems they're destined to run into each other again. And my Doctor Mario origin story seems to be the most unnecessarily long-winded one yet. Go me!

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Link and Peach were just as appalled over their Amiibos as Marth was.

They even said they'd rather have said Amiibos look like Lonk from Pennsylvania and Petch from Texas. :troll:

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
After the Master Core left, :4jigglypuff: re-unleashed it with a new form (Master Fortress). To this day, no one has forgiven her (except :4duckhunt: for some reason).

:4lucina: likes to be near anything cute. Whenever :4lucina: is in the room, all the cute smashers flee in terror lest they see what happens to :popo: and :lucas: (trust me: you don't want to know).

Top Bottom