• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U / 3DS Info Thread - Risen from the dead by the psychic power of DLC

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
I think they are separate items. However, a Master Ball only spawns rare and Legendary Pokémon, as Sakurai said in the Smash Direct.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I think they are separate items. However, a Master Ball only spawns rare and Legendary Pokémon, as Sakurai said in the Smash Direct.
Ah, got it.

@ Frostwraith Frostwraith : Then I think I got it. All Pokemon can come from a Poke Ball, but only certain(rare) ones from a Master Ball. Legendaries aside, we'd just have to note which ones also come from a Master Ball. I think that makes sense, then. I can't wait to find out the exact details~ I have my theories for rare Pokemon, but theories aren't facts. XD

Zwzchow

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Zwzchow8
3DS FC
1805-3193-2658
Well, might help to just wait and see what it spawns. The official guide might help too. A lot think Zoroark will only show up in the Master Ball. To say the least, if he isn't playable, I just want to see him show up in a Poke Ball/Master Ball already so we can confirm that.(I don't believe he will be playable, but until we see him properly, the guy isn't disconfirmed yet respectively)
I believe he got shown already?

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I believe he got shown already?
Somebody is claiming video evidence, but has yet to show it. So apparently not. Was asked for, never shown.

Kind of like with the Ridley thing, I really don't ultimately care if they're playable or not(I do want Ridley in, but bear with me), but knowing the facts would be nice and all, you know?

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
Somebody is claiming video evidence, but has yet to show it. So apparently not. Was asked for, never shown.

Kind of like with the Ridley thing, I really don't ultimately care if they're playable or not(I do want Ridley in, but bear with me), but knowing the facts would be nice and all, you know?
Well he was shown in the Greninja reveal trailer with the rest of the pokeball pokemon, so it's safe to say he will be too. We just have no in-game footage of what he does.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Well he was shown in the Greninja reveal trailer with the rest of the pokeball pokemon, so it's safe to say he will be too. We just have no in-game footage of what he does.
It's not safe to say anything.

Otherwise, we should 100% assume Mr. Game & Watch isn't playable because he wasn't announced in the trailer he showed up in(it does not matter if he was playable before, it's the exact same situation in every way).

Transformation characters were safe to assume back. Same with Mewtwo in Brawl. Neither happened. Sakurai's decisions are very unsafe to assume outside of... Palutena being playable at best. It was beyond safe because of his obsession with Uprising.

TJ-Works

Smash Hero

Otherwise, we should 100% assume Mr. Game & Watch isn't playable because he wasn't announced in the trailer he showed up in(it does not matter if he was playable before, it's the exact same situation in every way).

Transformation characters were safe to assume back. Same with Mewtwo in Brawl. Neither happened. Sakurai's decisions are very unsafe to assume outside of... Palutena being playable at best. It was beyond safe because of his obsession with Uprising.
Think back to when the Greninja trailer first premiered. Even though the direct itself revealed a few pokemon, both new and returning, there was still a handful of other pokemon in the trailer not seen in Smash yet, and weren't sure if they would.

Then once E3 came along and all the Smash demo matches rolled out, a lot of new content was unveiled, including the majority of mysterious Pokemon in the Greninja trailer. (Inkay, Giratina, Darkrai, Snivy, Oshawott, Fletchling, and maybe others.) Hell, we even saw Abomasnow released in a couple of demo matches, and he wasn't in the direct at all.

From this, I don't think there's a big chance of Zoroark NOT appearing, and if so, why would Sakurai put him in the trailer at all if he wasn't convinced he will be ready in the final build?

Last edited:

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend

WHAT?!?!? IS THIS A JOKE THE PAC-MAN TRAILER PRACTICALLY CONFIRMS HIM, besides all that shows is G&W is unlockable again.

Please note i may have not read it right. Of what you mean't

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Think back to when the Greninja trailer first premiered. Even though the direct itself revealed a few pokemon, both new and returning, there was still a handful of other pokemon in the trailer not seen in Smash yet, and weren't sure if they would.

Then once E3 came along and all the Smash demo matches rolled out, a lot of new content was unveiled, including the majority of mysterious Pokemon in the Greninja trailer. (Inkay, Giratina, Darkrai, Snivy, Oshawott, Fletchling, and maybe others.) Hell, we even saw Abomasnow released in a couple of demo matches, and he wasn't in the direct at all.

From this, I don't think there's a big chance of Zoroark NOT appearing, and if so, why would Sakurai put him in the trailer at all if he wasn't convinced he will be ready in the final build?
It doesn't matter how he shows up in some trailer. He could be a secret newcomer. He could have his own trailer. All that matters is what we see in the actual gameplay and nothing more.

WHAT?!?!? IS THIS A JOKE THE PAC-MAN TRAILER PRACTICALLY CONFIRMS HIM, besides all that shows is G&W is unlockable again.

Please note i may have not read it right. Of what you mean't
No, it really doesn't. What confirms him is either a Pic of the Day or his profile on the site, or Sakurai outright saying "he's playable". No gameplay footage or official pictures = Not confirmed. We know he's somewhere in the game, obviously, but that's it.

They aren't confirmed without actual gameplay footage or official pictures. There's a reason we don't list him as a Vet who has returned, because we actually don't officially know yet. If he had an actual page on the official site, sure, that wouldn't be a problem. Yet it doesn't exist. Saying it confirms him is ridiculous. We don't have anything concrete at this time, just a silly joke that means nothing for the actual information. More of a tease than anything.

I still stand by what I said; If I'm going to assume Zoroark isn't playable(with no official footage, just a trailer that he cameos in), I should assume the same thing with Mr. Game & Watch for the exact same reason. There is zero difference between what happened with them in every single way. Same reason if Mewtwo was in the Trailer I would assume nothing of it until gameplay/Pic of the Day/Site Updates proved otherwise. Yes, it is possible for that Pokemon to be a Poke Ball too. It's called "Not assuming a single thing without cold hard proof on a thread that requires it." This is exactly why that stuff is not updated on the thread, because it's assumptions that are useless when only facts are allowed. Never mind it's not worth assuming with someone like Sakurai at this point. I don't doubt Mr. Game & Watch coming back, fyi. But if he doesn't? Well, I won't act like he was 100% guaranteed or confirmed currently either(since both are definitely not true). I'd expect R.O.B. back first anyway.

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
Interesting ideas. I do think that the Pac-Man trailer confirms G&W, but HyperFalcon IS right. We don't have anything solid. I'm not trying to go against G&W, because, as you can tell probably by just my username, I'm a MAJOR G&W supporter. I do think Zoroark will be in the game in some way. I'm thinking as a Poke Ball, but who knows? He may be just a trophy.

I never saw these demos, what did the mentioned Pokémon do?

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
I never saw these demos, what did the mentioned Pokémon do?
Lemme think:
  • Inkay trips anyone that walks over it.
  • Fletchling's power is being adorable by hopping around the stage, doing absolutely nothing.
  • Giratina uses Ominious Wind, in which it blows a powerful whirlwind in its direction, racking up damage on anyone caught in it.
  • Oshawott acts the same as Piplup in Brawl, where it surfs across the stage, pushing anyone in its way.
  • Snivy hops around and shoots Razor Leaf at opponents.
  • Darkrai uses Dark Void, putting anyone asleep around it. Same as Bellosom, though it might be stronger in some way.
  • Abomasnow moves around the stage by using Ice Punch, which will knockback and freeze opponents. It can also use what looks like Blizzard, shooting an icy whirlwind above its head. I assume it freezes people too, but I don't remember seeing anyone getting caught in it.

Last edited:

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
Lemme think:
  • Fletchling's power is being adorable by hopping around the stage, doing absolutely nothing.
  • Giratina uses Ominious Wind, in which it blows a powerful whirlwind in its direction, racking up damage on anyone caught in it.
  • Oshawott acts the same as Piplup in Brawl, where it surfs across the stage, pushing anyone in its way.
  • Darkrai uses Dark Void, putting anyone asleep around it. Same as Bellosom, though it might be stronger in some way.
  • Abomasnow moves around the stage by using Ice Punch, which will knockback and freeze opponents. It can also use what looks like Blizzard, shooting an icy whirlwind above its head. I assume it freezes people too, but I don't remember seeing anyone getting caught in it.
Thanks for that, TJ.

ShredPix

Smash Cadet
Lemme think:
Actually, Fletchling does pursue and attack opponents, but it does little knockback and is mostly there to be a nuisance

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
Actually, Fletchling does pursue and attack opponents, but it does little knockback and is mostly there to be a nuisance
Huh, really? I couldn't see it doing anything to the characters. Maybe it was too adorable for me to care. :3

CrossoverMan

Smash Ace
Ghirahim from Skyward Sword revealed!... As an assist trophy. No clues on what he does though. Kinda lame if you ask me.

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
Well, the only other main villain in the Legend of Zelda series is Ganondorf, so I'm pretty sure he's a safe bet to come back now that Ghiraham won't be playable.

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
That's quite the hefty information for PotD, but I'm finally glad he's revealed new information, in this case, the Music. One of the most important things to me in Smash. <3

Btw, the Gear Getaway music is from Donkey Kong Country Returns, FYI.

Last edited:

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
Ya, the music is important. I can't be battling on a stage with horrible music, hence, I never play the Hanenbow stage. I fit the music to my likings, and get the better battle music (Meta Knight's Revenge, Shin Onigashima, Live and Learn etc.). I would also like to add, look at the composers for the Nintendo 3DS music, and look at the games next to them. One of them worked on Metal Gear Solid 4. So...does this lean towards Snake's return?

Last edited:

Zwzchow

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Zwzchow8
3DS FC
1805-3193-2658
Ya, the music is important. I can't be battling on a stage with horrible music, hence, I never play the Hanenbow stage. I fit the music to my likings, and get the better battle music (Meta Knight's Revenge, Shin Onigashima, Live and Learn etc.). I would also like to add, look at the composers for the Nintendo 3DS music, and look at the games next to them. One of them worked on Metal Gear Solid 4. So...does this lean towards Snake's return?
No this does not say anything although there's a blatantly obvious Xenoblade composer
since this just shows their previous work. I highly doubt we will get something like a tekken or IDOLM@STER rep

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
Let's just say I am shocked and astounded at the inclusion of Kumi Tanioka on the musicians list. Crystal Chronicles has what I consider to be a top 5 video game soundtrack, so I really can't wait to hear what she's done for Smash.

Also, if we're only going off the musicians list as a source for leaks, there are a HECK of a lot of series' to confirm here. I think the only thing this truly says is that Sakurai has MAD hookups with other development teams.

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
Ya, but I was only implying those who have worked on series that have already had reps in Smash (make sense?).

andalsoandy

Smash Lord
Kirby has a Meta Knight alternate color (black with yellow eyes and purple shoes) and Pac-Land scrolls through the water section of the game.

Also Pac-Man can throw the key. Wasn't shown until now.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Kirby has a Meta Knight alternate color (black with yellow eyes and purple shoes) and Pac-Land scrolls through the water section of the game.

Also Pac-Man can throw the key. Wasn't shown until now.
Where did you find that info? Famitsu?

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
As real as the leak is, I won't be posting any information pertaining it on this thread.

My policy regarding the information on the OP is that it must come from official sources or the media. Leaks are excluded.

I'm sure you will find this understandable.

Zwzchow

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Zwzchow8
3DS FC
1805-3193-2658
Really disappointed sigh :(
Ice Climbers gets the axe (possibly due to 3DS limitations)
And two more clones get in (I hope they can change something up with Dark Pit and Uprising weapons)

And of all Melee vets the Doc (Even if I am not a mewtwo supporter)

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
This leak flipping SUCKS! EVEN IF I GET R.O.B. BACK! I lose the Ice Climbers (one of my personal favorites), Lucas, and Wolf! And then of all the newcomers, the only one I give a care for is Shulk. Well, I guess I can use the Doc, Bowser Jr., Duck Hunt Dog, and Dark Pit as my punching bags...

But there's still that little chance that the next reveal debunks this leak...right?

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
This leak flipping SUCKS! EVEN IF I GET R.O.B. BACK! I lose the Ice Climbers (one of my personal favorites), Lucas, and Wolf! And then of all the newcomers, the only one I give a care for is Shulk. Well, I guess I can use the Doc, Bowser Jr., Duck Hunt Dog, and Dark Pit as my punching bags...

But there's still that little chance that the next reveal debunks this leak...right?
If ridley and mewtwo are 2 of the missing

Would you still hate the leak?

Top Bottom