• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U / 3DS Info Thread - Risen from the dead by the psychic power of DLC

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
Miiverse post today, totally trolling all the MK fans. I do think however that this just leans more in favor that he'sback. Considering there's a Samus costume in the same picture, and that Samus is confirmed, this just leans in favor of MK, and I'll be happy to see him back, though he will be nerfed. Tomorrow's the day we may get the final roster. Any more ideas on that?
Oh ****, I forgot about the Smash segment on Corocoro. Does anyone know what time it will air?

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
I don't know about you, but the potd might means that he's reaching the last teases he need to do.

This one was so obvious that it could even hint at a reveal soon. For me, it might suggest a direct this week.

Just a weird theory I had that isn't funded, but I want a direct so badly this week because I'm moving this Saturday for at least a year which might means less time to speculate (I hope it's at least before my college class start).

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
I think we'd know sooner if there is a direct this week, but, ya know, with the troll today...

Hey, maybe we got the rest of the roster before you leave! Who knows? We'll just have to wait and see.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
I think we'd know sooner if there is a direct this week, but, ya know, with the troll today...

Hey, maybe we got the rest of the roster before you leave! Who knows? We'll just have to wait and see.
You might be giving nintendo a black eye for this but

I think the next direct might be another hyrule warriors direct.

Source
http://wiiudaily.com/2014/08/another-hyrule-warriors-stream-planned-this-thursday/

It ticks me off why do we need another direct of this when smash bros is a higher tier rank than this game.

Last edited:

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787

Source
http://wiiudaily.com/2014/08/another-hyrule-warriors-stream-planned-this-thursday/

It ticks me off why do we need another direct of this when smash bros is a higher tier rank than this game.
True that. The anticipation for Smash is practically 100x that of Hyrule Warriors. Also, when the CoroCoro "leak" ("leak" because it may not be true) pops up, can somebody please post a link to it? I will have no other way to get to it except in this way. Thanks!
P.S. To whom it may concern, please do not ruin whether or not this leak is fake or real if you post the link, thanks again.

Last edited:

Zwzchow

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Zwzchow8
3DS FC
1805-3193-2658
True that. The anticipation for Smash is practically 100x that of Hyrule Warriors. Also, when the CoroCoro "leak" ("leak" because it may not be true) pops up, can somebody please post a link to it? I will have no other way to get to it except in this way. Thanks!
P.S. To whom it may concern, please do not ruin whether or not this leak is fake or real if you post the link, thanks again.
http://imgur.com/a/2j1No

Nothing new at all -_-
Btw CoroCoro is usually real (eg. Pokemon news)

Last edited:

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342

Source

Smash Brothers doesn't particularly need the extra advertising. At this point as Hyrule Warriors coming out first and is a different take on the Zelda series they probably want to push it as much as physically possible.

And to be real the only we are demanding a direct at this point is because we want more character information, not because someone has to convince us to buy the game.

tippy

Smash Apprentice

Source

That's not an actual direct though, I think. I remember there was a stream just like that around a week before the Hyrule Warriors direct.

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
Meta Knight is confirmed.
Shuttle loop doesn't glide and now hits twice.
Giant battles confirmed.
Kid Icarus style difficulty setting.

ProjectAngel

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-3179-5530-9222
MK's reveal also confirms the Pokemon Axew will appear- either as a Pokeball Pokemon or one of the Kalos Pokemon League's stage elements.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
MK's reveal also confirms the Pokemon Axew will appear- either as a Pokeball Pokemon or one of the Kalos Pokemon League's stage elements.
I just understood now.

You see Axew, Garchomp on the very left of the same screeshot and hydrageon or something (don't remember the exact name).

Since the window is purple, it's the draconic chamber or, the dragon elite 4 room.

Due to their disposition and the circumstances, they wouldn't be pokeballs, but either background or hazard.

Here's the pic for refference:

Can't wait for this stage now.

EDIT: and Drogonite behind Kirby.

Last edited:

Groose

Smash Champion
Swimming confirmed to return; was it just absent in earlier builds?

Source: This was first reported by Totes-My-Boats over at GameFAQs. I'm just spreading the word.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Swimming confirmed to return; was it just absent in earlier builds?

Source: This was first reported by Totes-My-Boats over at GameFAQs. I'm just spreading the word.
Well, I just found out that I already had that info in the OP:

I said:
- Swimming is ambiguously back as the results screen indicates its presence, however characters pass through the water on the Tortimer's Island stage.
Perhaps, the passing through water thing is due to being a demo and the mechanic hadn't been implemented yet.

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
Swimming is back, which is nice to see. Also, nice catch, Groose.

Zwzchow

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Zwzchow8
3DS FC
1805-3193-2658
Here's the thing:
I don't think there are any stages that have water except for say Tortimer Island, Jungle Japes and Balloon Fight (all 3DS stages)
Unless of course more stages are introduced

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
Probably going to have more than that. It said "swim time" on the Wii U version, and all those stages are on 3DS version...I think we're about due for a stage with water for the Wii U version.

ProjectAngel

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-3179-5530-9222
Some changes to MK you might want to put up:

- MK has lost the ability to glide.
- Shuttle Loop no longer goes into a glide, but instead attacks the opponent twice while MK loops.

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
Ya. Too early. Even though I think Snake is gone, we are dealing with Sakurai here...not to mention Kojima is also a troll...Snake still has a chance to return.

ProjectAngel

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-3179-5530-9222
Sakurai's not one to leak info he hasn't revealed yet. Keep in mind hat we still have stuff to be revealed before the Japanese release.

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
Sakurai's not one to leak info he hasn't revealed yet. Keep in mind hat we still have stuff to be revealed before the Japanese release.
Too true. Hopefully we can get a Smash Bros. Direct soon. If so, I'd ike it to reveal the remaining cast of characters, the suspense of my favorite characters not getting in and/or the wait for them to be announced, is KILLING ME! I'm DYING...help...me...

X__X

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Some changes to MK you might want to put up:

- MK has lost the ability to glide.
Can you cite this one? Because we only have on record that Pit's regular gliding is gone, no one else's.

We only know his Shuttle Loop glide doesn't work anymore(via PotD). Where'd the "regular" glide being gone come from? That's a huge change that we need gameplay videos to prove. Or an actual cited text by Sakurai(which is lacking as far as many know).

ProjectAngel

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-3179-5530-9222
Can you cite this one? Because we only have on record that Pit's regular gliding is gone, no one else's.

We only know his Shuttle Loop glide doesn't work anymore(via PotD). Where'd the "regular" glide being gone come from? That's a huge change that we need gameplay videos to prove. Or an actual cited text by Sakurai(which is lacking as far as many know).
It was a major assumption coming from Shuttle Loop's changes. Since Meta Knight cannot go into a glide from the move anymore, it's a safe assumption that he, like Pit, has lost the ability to glide, denying him one of his many recovery methods.

Another note from today's PotD: Brinstar from Melee is confirmed to return, at least on the 3DS version.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
It was a major assumption coming from Shuttle Loop's changes. Since Meta Knight cannot go into a glide from the move anymore, it's a safe assumption that he, like Pit, has lost the ability to glide, denying him one of his many recovery methods.
So it's not confirmed. We don't go with safe assumptions, we go with facts on here only. It's a very important rule here. Same reason we didn't update Luigi's Final Smash till we had cold hard proof, not just a fair assumption from the PotD about it. He didn't actually say it, so we waited for gameplay. He confirmed himself it was a "a move", but that was it. Then a video came up, and voila, we could add it to places. However, unlike that particular move(which was heavily implied by the Pic of the Day itself, like a darkened screen and Luigi glowing, we have zero implications that MK cannot glide anymore).

@ Frostwraith Frostwraith : As noted, we don't know if MK lost the overall ability to Glide, just solely his Shuttle Loop no longer has it and nothing more. As said, no "safe" assumptions are useful. Just like we can't assume anybody other than Pit cannot glide. Wait and see, and all.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
@ Frostwraith Frostwraith : As noted, we don't know if MK lost the overall ability to Glide, just solely his Shuttle Loop no longer has it and nothing more. As said, no "safe" assumptions are useful. Just like we can't assume anybody other than Pit cannot glide. Wait and see, and all.
Exactly as I state in the OP. ;)

Although, it may not be too obvious... =/

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Exactly as I state in the OP. ;)

Although, it may not be too obvious... =/
BTW, should we specify the differences of Master Ball and Poke Ball Pokemon on this thread? I know the Wiki will note it later(since it's a new Item and all), but is it necessary here?

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
BTW, should we specify the differences of Master Ball and Poke Ball Pokemon on this thread? I know the Wiki will note it later(since it's a new Item and all), but is it necessary here?
They're different items in the original game and, despite the similarities in function, they're still different items. One can summon any Pokémon, the other only summons legendary Pokémon.

Unless the game considers the items as one (like how in Brawl, container items were all categorized as one in the item toggle), I'll list them as separate.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
They're different items in the original game and, despite the similarities in function, they're still different items. One can summon any Pokémon, the other only summons legendary Pokémon.

Unless the game considers the items as one (like how in Brawl, container items were all categorized as one in the item toggle), I'll list them as separate.
I mean to list them separately as Items. Oddly enough, Sakurai did say Poke Ball Pokemon when referring to Legendaries too, so who knows. My theory is that they're the same item, they just "change" the palette for the Ball depending upon what comes out.

I don't think anyone can properly confirm if they're unique or not yet, since we don't have an Item Menu.

Also, the Master Ball apparently summons rare and Legendary Pokemon. At least from what I've heard. I don't remember if that was a fact, or not. >_<

Zwzchow

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Zwzchow8
3DS FC
1805-3193-2658
Also, the Master Ball apparently summons rare and Legendary Pokemon. At least from what I've heard. I don't remember if that was a fact, or not. >_<
I think Sakurai said that it does (only?) that (Smash Direct)

It'll be fun to spawn only Master Balls and spam legends tho :3

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I think Sakurai said that it does (only?) that (Smash Direct)

It'll be fun to spawn only Master Balls and spam legends tho :3
Well, might help to just wait and see what it spawns. The official guide might help too. A lot think Zoroark will only show up in the Master Ball. To say the least, if he isn't playable, I just want to see him show up in a Poke Ball/Master Ball already so we can confirm that.(I don't believe he will be playable, but until we see him properly, the guy isn't disconfirmed yet respectively)

Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I mean to list them separately as Items. Oddly enough, Sakurai did say Poke Ball Pokemon when referring to Legendaries too, so who knows. My theory is that they're the same item, they just "change" the palette for the Ball depending upon what comes out.

I don't think anyone can properly confirm if they're unique or not yet, since we don't have an Item Menu.

There have been people noting that legendary Pokémon appeared through normal Poké Balls in the demo, so...

You may even find those on a few videos on YouTube. I'm pretty sure of that.

Last edited:
Top Bottom