• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U / 3DS Info Thread - Risen from the dead by the psychic power of DLC

_Sheik

Smash Lord
Has anyone reported that a new FE stage (seemingly Walhart's castle) appears twice in Robin's gallery on the official site?

God Robert's Cousin

Smash Hero
NNID
RepaignPalsims
3DS FC
4339-2483-2603
Has anyone reported that a new FE stage (seemingly Walhart's castle) appears twice in Robin's gallery on the official site?

This is the Kalos Pokemon League stage we were shown in Greninja's trailer. You can clearly see Drasna's dragon head statue and the Pokeball icons.

_Sheik

Smash Lord
My bad! The throne in the background of the second pic, as well as the stairs leading to it and their colors are very reminiscent of Walhart's Castle.

dimensionsword64

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3609-1605-6649
I'd need to add a post between the OP and the first reply, which I'm not sure if I can do it.

If it were that simple, I'd have done.
You can. Just do a blank post, then keep using the arrows to push it up until it's the second post in the thread, then split the info between the two posts. Although, I'm not sure if you can push it that far.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
You can. Just do a blank post, then keep using the arrows to push it up until it's the second post in the thread, then split the info between the two posts. Although, I'm not sure if you can push it that far.
What? o_O

Posts are ordered by posting date, so how am I supposed to insert a new post between two old posts? What arrows are you talking about?

You're confusing me a lot.

dimensionsword64

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3609-1605-6649
What? o_O

Posts are ordered by posting date, so how am I supposed to insert a new post between two old posts? What arrows are you talking about?

You're confusing me a lot.
Unless it's different for social group mods, when you check the post, two arrows (an up and down) appear. Unless I'm mistaken, those are for switching post order. Although, I haven't actually ever used it, so I'm probably wrong.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Unless it's different for social group mods, when you check the post, two arrows (an up and down) appear. Unless I'm mistaken, those are for switching post order. Although, I haven't actually ever used it, so I'm probably wrong.
Nope, those aren't to move the post order. Just to scroll through the page post by post.

The mod features for social group mods and staff members are the same.

Xigger

Smash Lord
May I make a request for missing E3 2014 sources and content? Specifically, the full-audio for Sakurai at the Roundtable seems hard to come by.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Just something I've now noticed based on this Video, but the song "Wrath of the Reset Bombs" is actually an arrangement.

After about a minute (when the stage turns pink), the song changes into something original that's inspired by the songs from both Chapter 11 & 12.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Just something I've now noticed based on this Video, but the song "Wrath of the Reset Bombs" is actually an arrangement.

After about a minute (when the stage turns pink), the song changes into something original that's inspired by the songs from both Chapter 11 & 12.
Thanks for the info!

I've watched a video with direct audio and indeed it is a new arrangement that, much like the Ice Climber song in Brawl, it is arranged to fit the stage's changes, which is pretty neat considering several songs for the aerial sections in Kid Icarus: Uprising had this sort of technique.

It almost could pass as part of KIU's soundtrack, because it really sounds like the original. Maybe they brought back the same composer(s) from Uprising to do the song? KIU's composers have worked in Brawl as well and some of them have also previously worked in some Bandai Namco games... This game being made by Sakurai and Bandai Namco, it wouldn't surprise me if that was the case. Not that would be a bad thing, though.

Last edited:

PSIguy89

Smash Ace
NNID
PSIguy89
3DS FC
3222-5969-7044
Has anyone noted the voice actor for Robin? i know in Awakening there was three possible voices, hard to tell if its the same person as one of those

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Has anyone noted the voice actor for Robin? i know in Awakening there was three possible voices, hard to tell if its the same person as one of those
In Awakening, each voice option is done by a different voice actor, so there are three voice actors for Robin/the Avatar.

In Smash 4, Robin has the same voice actor as the default voice option (Voice 1) in Awakening. It's very recognizable in the trailer, especially the "Time to tip the scales!" line.

Also, the OP of this thread has an incomplete list of the voice cast for the game.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392

Green Hill Zone is confirmed to appear as a familar stage in the 3DS version.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357

Green Hill Zone is confirmed to appear as a familar stage in the 3DS version.
Where are all those new screens coming from? I've seen people on the Robin boards posting new pics too...

Anyway, it's interesting that we will see Melee and Brawl stages on a single version... People have been theorizing that 3DS would get Melee stages, while Wii U would get Brawl stages. Anyway, I'm glad it's not like that. Or maybe all past stages will be shared by both versions? It would be an interesting possibility... Also, should we expect stages from the N64 game too?

With the 3DS version only having two songs per stage, I assume only two of the songs that were part of the stage's My Music playlist will be selected. Or maybe another curve ball will be thrown at us and new music will be produced for those stages like what happened with Temple (Melee) in Brawl? Well, I'm not making predictions about this game anymore! :laugh:

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
Darkrai is a PokeBall Pokemon that I just saw in the Comic Con stream. Attacks using Dark Void.

Clipse

Smash Cadet
I only seen a gif of Zapdos, it doesnt even look real :| Hopefully they have to do the animations still.....
I guess its a Poké Ball, because in that stage there is not Hazard, right? i havent seen that match, so I dont know where Zapdos is comming from.

TLIEOIK.gif

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
I only seen a gif of Zapdos, it doesnt even look real :| Hopefully they have to do the animations still.....
I guess its a Poké Ball, because in that stage there is not Hazard, right? i havent seen that match, so I dont know where Zapdos is comming from.

View attachment 19458
I don't remember a pokeball being released at the time, and Zapdos didn't even do anything to affect the match, so I think he's part of the stage as a rare occurence (since the legendary birds roam around in X/Y).

(But it looks hilarious that he pops in out of nowhere, and just leaves. :laugh:)

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
The Metroid is an AT in the 3DS version, if that hasn't been checked already. I got it while playing on Tortimer's Island at SDCC.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
So was Chunky officially confirmed to be an AT or not?

CrossoverMan

Smash Ace
I don't know about Chunky, but Takamaru was revealed as an assist trophy, and throws these weird miniature scythes as one of his attacks.

I know next to nothing about the character but I was aware of him before, and I must say I think he would make for a pretty cool playable character. We don't have a samurai in Smash Bros yet, after all.

CrossoverMan

Smash Ace
Another awesome reveal! An unnamed Paper Mario stage that takes you to different areas from all the Paper Mario games, and it's 3DS exclusive. Could Paper Mario be the sixth Mario representative? I hope so, because five isn't an even number (damned OCD).

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Another awesome reveal! An unnamed Paper Mario stage that takes you to different areas from all the Paper Mario games, and it's 3DS exclusive. Could Paper Mario be the sixth Mario representative? I hope so, because five isn't an even number (damned OCD).
Dunno, I figure he'd represent the "Paper Mario" series, like how Yoshi and Wario have their own series.
Though, it is still Mario, I just don't like thinking of them being the same thing because I've had a lot more fun with Paper Mario than main-series Mario games. :p

CrossoverMan

Smash Ace
The Boss Galaga bug has been revealed to be an item, not an assist trophy. A questionable choice, but considering many other sentient beings are classed as items, so it's not that surprising.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
The Boss Galaga bug has been revealed to be an item, not an assist trophy. A questionable choice, but considering many other sentient beings are classed as items, so it's not that surprising.
Yeah, it's not that surprising considering you have Bob-ombs or Mr. Saturns as items.

That means we have two items from Bandai Namco games, being the first third party items as well. I wonder what will the S-Flag do... It seems characters do the same animation as an Assist Trophy, but, as seen on the Pac-Man trailer, they hold it upwards for a longer time than an Assist Trophy...

κomıc

Highly Offensive
NNID
komicturtle

View attachment 19458
What the hell? It looks like that Zapdos is suffering from a hernia.

Wonks

Smash Journeyman
Does anyone know how long the chord is for the GameCube adapter? I've got my Wii U high on my entertainment stand, which hasn't been a problem since everything is wireless. If I could angle it in a way where the adapter chord hangs down and then have the GameCube wires come out normally, that would be ideal.

LoboRundas

Smash Apprentice
NNID
LoboRundas
3DS FC
4098-3496-0921
Switch FC
SW 6696 1795 2392
Does anyone know how long the chord is for the GameCube adapter? I've got my Wii U high on my entertainment stand, which hasn't been a problem since everything is wireless. If I could angle it in a way where the adapter chord hangs down and then have the GameCube wires come out normally, that would be ideal.
At the very least should be 1.8 metres like the original GC controller, but there hasn't been any info regarding that, and nothing can be seen in the pics Nintendo has shared.

Top Bottom