• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U / 3DS Info Thread - Risen from the dead by the psychic power of DLC

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
I think that might actually just a be a close-up of a trophy because of the way the camera rotates and the background. Still nice to have confirmation, though. I too am surprised that this wasn't posted until now.
Yeh, I agree. You never know, though. We saw Tortimer Island stage as a trophy a while ago in "Pic of the Day", so who's to say we won't get a Steel Diver stage?

I wouldn't be surprised. Nintendo has a lot of faith in the series since they made a multiplayer sequel, not to mention a Steel Diver weapon item is available.

Last edited:

Levy22

Smash Cadet
After watching again, indeed it looks more like a trophy. Sorry for the false alarm. :grin:

epicgordan

Smash Ace
I found this Japanese blog, and using Google Translate, it appears that Jigglypuff may have been confirmed as a playable character last night (Japanese time) during the fair. Here's the source to the leak here (and no, I am not talking about the picture with Ganondorf or Jigglypuff; that's just an image from Brawl):

http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=ja&tl=en&u=http://jbbs.sh*taraba.net/game/53158/

Replace the * with an "i". Thanks, Moderator for catching that. Surprised that we could even say Assist Trophy without getting censored.

Last edited:

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Yeah, that's probably just a trophy. Though given Stage Trophies were confirmed, it wouldn't surprise me if it was representing one.

I found this Japanese blog, and using Google Translate, it appears that Jigglypuff may have been confirmed as a playable character last night (Japanese time) during the fair. Here's the source to the leak here (and no, I am not talking about the picture with Ganondorf or Jigglypuff; that's just an image from Brawl):

http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=ja&tl=en&u=http://jbbs.****araba.net/game/53158/
I would suggest reposting that link as it seems the site's censored part of the link.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
The Steel Diver thing is actually quite unclear if it's a stage or not, because the background seems to match the same as the trophy gallery.

Aurora Jenny

Smash Lord
NNID
Dart_Rodales
Yeah, that's probably just a trophy. Though given Stage Trophies were confirmed, it wouldn't surprise me if it was representing one.

I would suggest reposting that link as it seems the site's censored part of the link.
Even better, getting @Venus of the Desert Bloom to have a look at the page untranslated. At first glance it seems to be a discussion on a Smash wikia page.

splat

Smash Lord
The first post doesn't give any specifics on the Living Room stage, but it has several layouts it cycles through, not unlike Arena Ferox that is below it in the list:

Blocks fall down from the top and hurt the player and disappear after a while to make room for a new layout.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
So, I decided to give the thread a new title. What do you think of it?

Anyway, today's daily picture was awesome. They're really going all-out with costumes.

@ splat splat I've added that info on the Nintendogs stage.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
I've gone back and looked at it a lot, and I've been convinced it's a trophy. Sorry for the misinformation.

And I think the new title is nice, but doesn't need new title in the title xD.

Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I've gone back and looked at it a lot, and I've been convinced it's a trophy. Sorry for the misinformation.

And I think the new title is nice, but doesn't need new title in the title xD.
New title saying it has a new title. New title-ception. :troll:

To be honest, the Steel Diver trophy was shown so fast and the trophy gallery's background almost could pass as an underwater scenario, it's easy to mistake it for a stage at first.

dimensionsword64

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3609-1605-6649
So, I decided to give the thread a new title. What do you think of it?
Well, it's certainly not bad, but the old title was more specific on what the thread was- a list of everything confirmed for the new Smash Bros, while the new title could make the thread be mistaken as "just some more info on the new Smash games", if you hadn't seen the thread before.
But it really doesn't matter that much.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
New title saying it has a new title. New title-ception. :troll:

To be honest, the Steel Diver trophy was shown so fast and the trophy gallery's background almost could pass as an underwater scenario, it's easy to mistake it for a stage at first.
It's a titautleogy

I apologize FOR NOTHING

Ryan.

Smash Lord
Oh hey I like the new title.

Maybe for Diddy Kong in Veteran Changes we can add about the more horizontal trajectory of his up special, shown in a pic of the day in February.

2/24

The twin rocketbarrels are back, now with the ability to launch along more horizontal trajectories. They can also come off when opponents hit them mid-boost.

Last edited:

andalsoandy

Smash Lord
You should put the three unnamed songs that play during the Mii reveal trailer in the OP.

Last edited:
Equipment|Description|Attack method|Uses|Weight
Beam Sword|||4|4
Bullet Guidance|||2|4
Heavenly Light|Surrounds you in a pillar of light, damaging nearby enemies.|Direct Attack|2|4
Homing Missiles|Fires two homing missiles at enemies.|Direct Attack|8|4
Ray Gun|||4|4
Shocking Taunt||||4
Strong Throw||||4

I did a couple searches and couldn't find these brought up. This is info on some of the Smash Run equipment items seen in the E3 3DS trailer. There have probably been other such power-ups shown in the Smash Direct but I can't go looking at the moment.

There are probably so many of these that it's pointless to try to list them all before the game is out, but here it is to whoever's interested.

andalsoandy

Smash Lord
Hmm... isn't that song list for stage music? Those songs seem to be trailer music custom-tailored for that trailer.
True... but you never know. The second song (when Iwata and Reggie's Miis fight) sounds like it could be the customization menu theme.

Last edited:

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
We've received new info. on the Pac-Maze stage.
  • It's exclusive to the 3DS version.
  • You can eat the Pac-Dots like in the original. If you collect 100, a power pellet will appear in your colour.
  • Eating the power pellet will turn the ghosts blue and vulnerable, akin to the original. This will only happen on YOUR screen only, meaning the ghosts can still damage other players.

KERO

Smash Journeyman
In the Smash Invitational Smash Run demonstration, Yoshi has a "Heavy Egg Roll" as a down special variation: 3:48

_Sheik

Smash Lord
So a French pal of mine has got the chance to try out pretty much everything that was announced at E3, and revealed that Galleon from the SSE is a boss in Smash Run. Also, two bosses - if not more, can appear before you at the same time.

EDIT: Also, customization isn't only exclusive to the Mii Fighters. That is to be added to the costumes/skins part of the thread. ;)

Last edited:

TitanTeaTime

Smash Lord
NNID
TitanTeaTime
3DS FC
2165-6601-4781
So a French pal of mine has got the chance to try out pretty much everything that was announced at E3, and revealed that Galleon from the SSE is a boss in Smash Run. Also, two bosses - if not more, can appear before you at the same time.

EDIT: Also, customization isn't only exclusive to the Mii Fighters. That is to be added to the costumes/skins part of the thread. ;)
I'm not seeing any direct evidence (Chunky Kong situation again) but Galleom returning would make me pretty happy. I actually liked him, fingers crossed for Duon too. (Assuming they're right)

liets

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2852-9552-5494

http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=ja&tl=en&u=http://jbbs.sh*taraba.net/game/53158/

Replace the * with an "i". Thanks, Moderator for catching that. Surprised that we could even say Assist Trophy without getting censored.
Did anybody else notice the mention of "the jump-free fruit juice God"?

GunBlaze

Smash Lord
Slippi.gg
GBLZ#778

I can't see it.

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
Never mind I misread in so many ways.

Last edited:

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
I've come across this video of the Mega Man music playing on Smash Run at a demo event.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GjD9atkEo70

It's directly from the Mega Man reveal trailer from E3 2013. BUT; I believe this is confirmed to be one song medley all together from Mega Man 2;
  1. Stage Select
  2. Intro Theme
  3. Dr. Wily Stage 1/2
Whether or not this is played on the Wily Castle stage, I don't know.

bentendo222

Smash Apprentice
I've come across this video of the Mega Man music playing on Smash Run at a demo event.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GjD9atkEo70

It's directly from the Mega Man reveal trailer from E3 2013. BUT; I believe this is confirmed to be one song medley all together from Mega Man 2;
  1. Stage Select
  2. Intro Theme
  3. Dr. Wily Stage 1/2
Whether or not this is played on the Wily Castle stage, I don't know.
It does

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Captain Falcon, Lucina and Robin join the battle!

Robin can be of either gender, like the Villager and Wii Fit Trainer. More Fire Emblem music was heard on the trailer. The newly revealed characters have the same voice actors as their previous games.

What a trailer!

Zeallyx

Fox mains get all the girlz
Amazing trailer. I thought Chrom was playable too though, so that made it a tad bit disappointing though.

But regardless, it was awesome. And we finally saw our first HD Falcon Punch!

Top Bottom