• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U / 3DS Info Thread - Risen from the dead by the psychic power of DLC

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
The 3DS version trailer from the E3 Digital Event briefly shows the spectator mode heading to a For Glory match on the Spirit Train.
Whoa, well good eye Frost (or whoever noticed that), I didn't even catch that. Well I'm now pretty interested to see how Spirit Train's Final Destination will look like. :p

Last edited:

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
Whoa, well good eye Frost (or whoever noticed that), I didn't even catch that. Well I'm now pretty interested to see how Spirit Trains Final Destination will look like. :p
I'll be sad if the FD stage takes place at a train station.

"Because moving backgrounds would be too distracting for tournament play." - Anonymous whiner.

skcye

Smash Rookie
What are all the AT's old/new confirmed for smash 4 so far? Not sure if the title page is up to date or not.

Last edited:

Aurora Jenny

Smash Lord
NNID
Dart_Rodales
Out of E3? Shadow and Tingle were confirmed returnees, Magnus is a new AT. Chunky Kong is a rare sighting all over the Best Buy locations, but no one's brought out video evidence.

LeeYawshee

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2621-3044-6895
"Home-Run Contest returns from Melee and Brawl on the 3DS version at least. Like before, the objective is to launch Sandbag as far as possible. Appears unchanged from Brawl."

Sakurai said that the glass is thicker so more combos can be done.

GunBlaze

Smash Lord
Slippi.gg
GBLZ#778

Pic of the day. Here's Link in an outfit based on his ordinary clothes in Skyward Sword! The art style looks a little different, but the actual clothing model is still his usual tunic."

Last edited:

ItsRainingGravy

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-5960-2538-9300
How do we know that's not just Vs. Team Mii in classic mode or some type of event.
Simple: We don't.

However, every Multi-Man Battle has taken place on Battlefield, ever since the original 64 game (Fighting Polygons). While that technically wasn't officially known as Multi-Man Battle back then, it was still pretty much the same thing. In the video, we see the Miis being fought on Battlefield.

The rest is up to speculation.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Simple: We don't.

However, every Multi-Man Battle has taken place on Battlefield, ever since the original 64 game (Fighting Polygons). While that technically wasn't officially known as Multi-Man Battle back then, it was still pretty much the same thing. In the video, we see the Miis being fought on Battlefield.

The rest is up to speculation.
...Then we need a bit more clarification first. Interesting, but a bit too vague to add.

BADGRAPHICS

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2406-5113-4228
I'll be sad if the FD stage takes place at a train station.

"Because moving backgrounds would be too distracting for tournament play." - Anonymous whiner.
Could be on a bridge, that you just fall through. It would end up feeling like a really long bridge, though.

Iron Angel

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Iron_Angel_X
I always thought the Wii Fit people would be the multi-man melee, they have the same body build. Guess I was wrong

epicgordan

Smash Ace
I'm still wondering; does anybody know anything about Mechon trophies that apparently can be won in Smash Run? Because while there are a number of people claiming that they won a Mechon trophy from that mode, no video or picture evidence has yet to be provided...at least from what I found.

Silvera

Jammin' Jammies
3DS FC
4914-7114-2601
Switch FC
SW-2130-5650-7930
Ali Hillis confirmed that she isn't the voice of Palutena in Smash 4.

Luigi7337

Smash Rookie
NNID
Luigi7337
Can I have a link to the Samus Melee Charge Shot evidence? Also, I found a little error. Under the Samus change log you listed the Melee Charge Shot as an Up Special instead of Neutral.

epicgordan

Smash Ace
Guys, are we starting to think that Chunky Kong may be fake yet?
Beats me. I'm still trying to figure out if this the whole mechon m60's trophy thing from Smash Run is at all legit. I think I may have found a lead that could give him answers here:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/633202-super-smash-bros-for-wii-u/69482910

His name is SenselessBreak. He is a level 31 veteran on the gamefaqs boards, has about 218 karma, and has been around since 2008. He has no FAQs or reviews published whatsoever, and tracking him is nearly impossible. From the little that I gathered, he comes across as a bit jokey at some times, while scathingly critical and blunt at others. As a result, it is difficult to properly determine the validity of what this poster has said, especially since there is still no picture or video evidence of any mechon trophies (I'm assuming that most people that played the Smash Run demo considered these trophies to being mere afterthoughts since, apparently, someone else also claimed to have found a trophy of Cranky Kong through Smash Run without any evidence to back it up).

I will say this much, however. A day before posting this thread, SenselessBreak left a comment on another thread on the same website bringing up the mechon trophy yet again. I'll post the link here as well:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/633202-super-smash-bros-for-wii-u/69470422

My only gripe is the fact that it is very difficult to take anything from gamefaqs boards seriously sometimes. Especially since once it was found out that the Petilil leak was fake, they started making their own series of gag leaks, especially those revolving around Falco and other MIA Brawl veterans. However, these two were posted well before the Petilil leak ever got out, and have since been archived a week and a half ago.

But I wouldn't mind some clarification regarding mechon trophies. Because especially if it is based on the M60 series, that is most certainly a major red flag in the favor of major Xenoblade Chronicles representation coming, with the likely outcome resulting in Shulk becoming a playable character.

Oh, and please don't go into depth regarding the Sal Romano leak! We already have a thread for this. I'm just trying to cross-reference my one source regarding mechon trophies being found in Smash Run.

4cast

Smash Ace
NNID
luma77
3DS FC
4511-0457-7629
Hey I know it is not related but 2 things 1 Which Amiibo will you get? and 2 watch this Video!

dimensionsword64

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3609-1605-6649
Hey I know it is not related but 2 things 1 Which Amiibo will you get? and 2 watch this Video!
Um... If it's not related, why'd you post it here? We have a topic asking which Amiibos you'll get, and videos like that are better off in the social thread.

Last edited:

Levy22

Smash Cadet
New 3DS Trailer. Steel Diver stage confirmed at 1:05?

/watch?v=LDvq_7olx3o#t=20

(Can't post links because I still don't have 10 posts. lol)

splat

Smash Lord
It appears like it, indeed.

It also shows the Living Room with a different layout that we have seen before (which may have been known already, but isn't listed in the OP).

GrapeEscape

Smash Apprentice
I think that might actually just a be a close-up of a trophy because of the way the camera rotates and the background. Still nice to have confirmation, though. I too am surprised that this wasn't posted until now.

relaxedexcorcist

Smash Ace
NNID
relaxed
3DS FC
4167-4486-3541
Looks like a trophy to me (which you can actually see in the e3 3ds trailer). It's possible one of those stage diorama trophy though.

Last edited:
Top Bottom