• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate: Stage Creation Contest (Complete)

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
Funyarinpa, you're not kiddin'! Who would've thought the guy who gave us a schlocky 90s corporate mascot would've made a career off horror mystery novels with philosophical pretenses & more campy kitsch than a nature conservatory?
He's a strange dude. Something as crazy as Pepsiman, but also random erotic stuff, suspenseful af horror visual novels and a bunch of other stuff in between. He's great. And yet, he's certainly got a style...

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Sarki Soliloquy Sarki Soliloquy : Where'd you get the percentages icons? I can't find them on Google. While I won't be doing the full screen you'd see on the 3DS(with full character portraits), I'd like to at least put the percentage and head icon in.

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
Sarki Soliloquy Sarki Soliloquy : Where'd you get the percentages icons? I can't find them on Google. While I won't be doing the full screen you'd see on the 3DS(with full character portraits), I'd like to at least put the percentage and head icon in.
The icons? Search "smash 4 character portraits" or something similar.

As for the font, make sure its DF Gothic-SU (SSB Wii U uses this font primarily), which should come default in most Photoshop editions. When you have your initial percents typed, Transform > Skew to the diagonal right, then duplicate the layer, Hue/Saturation to switch down to grey via Lightness/change Hue, then Free Transform to scale it until its slightly bigger than the main text, move it to the lower diagonal right to create a drop shadow effect.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
The icons? Search "smash 4 character portraits" or something similar.

As for the font, make sure its DF Gothic-SU (SSB Wii U uses this font primarily), which should come default in most Photoshop editions. When you have your initial percents typed, Transform > Skew to the diagonal right, then duplicate the layer, Hue/Saturation to switch down to grey via Lightness/change Hue, then Free Transform to scale it until its slightly bigger than the main text, move it to the lower diagonal right to create a drop shadow effect.
I don't have photoshop. That said, I have to download it. You don't happen to have a quick image that has 1 through 0 you could upload for me? >.>

D

Deleted member

Sorry for the wait. Fell Asleep sooner than I expected. In any case. Round 14 is now closed. Hopefully grades won't take too long.

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Time for Round 14 grades!

psb123's grades:

The Foundry by GolisoPower GolisoPower

Iconic Status: 5/5

Doom is a notable enough one. It has a decent amount of history with Nintendo and a lot of people really like the new game in the series. Which thankfully received a Switch version.

Originality: 9/10

We've seen destructible bridges a few times before and I don't particularly think it was all that needed here. Everything else is pretty good though. That claw dropping items is a neat little touch.

Playability: 8/10

The bridge being destructible is a bit of a problem since there's a danger zone beneath it. Especially given how soon it breaks. I'm also wondering if the Claw would still drop items if items are turned off. Doesn't sound like it does, but if it does then that's not something I can call myself a fan of.

Fortunately there are enough platforms in the lower part of the stage to make recovery possible from where the bridge would be destroyed. So that helps you out here.

Overall Score: 22/25

Cerberus Coup by Kevandre Kevandre

Was actually thinking of going with a 4 here due to Mass Effect's limited release on Nintendo systems and the series being past it's time. But I think it's too popular to justify that.

Originality: 8/10

It's a good concept for sure. And one that fits Mass Effect quite well. But there are two executions that I have a couple gripes with. The first is that the shuttle seems to travel in a 2d plane exclusively. Remember Lylat Cruise from Brawl? I feel like the shuttle traveling like that would fit the Mass Effect Theme better than it just going from left to right.

I also think that the idea of having to stay at the top of the stage in the areas where the shuttle drops you off because of the battles going on in the bottom is repeated too much.

Playability: 7/10

That last point of having to stay up top to avoid the crossfire is the main reason for you score here. The Shuttle does offer a break from it. But with how much time you spend in the war zones and the potential of getting knocked down there against your will the stage is a little too restrictive on areas to fight comfortably on.

Overall Score: 20/25

Noatun by Jubileus57 Jubileus57

A very notable location from Bayonetta 2 which stars the winner of the Smash Ballot. This is an example of a stage I can see officially being added to Smash.

Originality: 10/10

A stage going through all 3 Trinities of Reality is a darn good idea for a Bayonetta Stage. Normally I would be concerned about the enemies in Paradiso and Inferno for the reasons of too many enemies = too many hazards. But in this case I actually think the enemies help your originality score here. They have the perfect balance of adding some flare to the stage while being a manageable obstacle. Well, mostly.

Unfortunately I do have to take some points off here because of how early the enemies can deal a KO. But their rare-ish appearance combined with the amount of ease there is in avoiding them prevents it from being too big of a problem.

Overall Score: 23/25

Dance Dance Revolution by SquashiniKun SquashiniKun

People know what DDR is. Even if hardly anyone plays it anymore.

It's a fitting concept for DDR that I can understand for the most part. But one part I don't understand is how the arrows capturing fighters is supposed to work. Based on your description I couldn't figure out how one gets captured.

Have to take a point off for that. But only one since I know what happens when one is captured. And the addition of things like freezing and mines is a very nice touch.

Playability: 5/10

Having to move to a rhythm to escape the arrows is, sorry to say, too difficult. Especially with the rhythm changing depending on the song. Credit where it's due, the arrow's can't carry you off the stage. But they can still freeze you and blow you up which lessens the salvation from that.

Overall Score: 19/25

Gamindustri by TheMarioaddict TheMarioaddict

Iconic Status: 1/5

Sorry man. But even as someone who has heard of Hyperdimension Neptunai before this contest I can't deny that it's just too obscure.

The only thing I have to take a point off for is the stage basically being a Neptunia version of Delfino Plaza. Which I only say because they share in common the whole thing of the same travelling method taking you to hazard-free arenas. Everything else works out fine as far as I'm concerned. And the background details do add some appeal.

Playability: 10/10

Not really sure how I can score it anything else since there are no hazards.

Isle of Sky by Verde Coeden Scalesworth Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Iconic Status: 1/5

I loved Quest 64 as a kid, so it hurts to give this stage a score this low here. But I can't deny that this series just didn't catch on.

There is a lot of detail in this stage. And it's got a very unique layout to it as well. I also think the idea of using some enemies as small hazards really works out well in this case, given how you run into said enemies in the source game.

The only things that had me concerned were the enemies and the size of the stage. But I think the size is very manageable even though it is technically a bigger stage, and the enemies just aren't enough of a threat for me to consider them a problem.

Overall Score: 21/25

Capital City by PeridotGX PeridotGX

Iconic Status: 3/5

Scribblenauts is something I'd consider middle ground here. It has it's fanbase. But there are still a fair amount of people who don't pay it much heed.

Originality: 7/10

Personally, I think the adjectives should had done things like spawn platforms and objects from Scribblenauts. Having them essentially perform functions that you can get via the Special Smash mode anyway feels like wasted potential.

Too little footing. That's all I can really say here. The platforms are a little on the small side and the gaps between them are a tad big.

Overall Score: 18/25

Nonary Game by Sarki Soliloquy Sarki Soliloquy

Iconic Status: 2/5

I do think there are just enough fans of this game to prevent a 1. But it is honestly quite obscure.

There are some unique concepts here that mesh well with the source game. And I mean some VERY unique concepts. If properly fleshed out. This could make for a very interesting stage.

Playability: 1/10

Unfortunately. I don't think those concepts were properly fleshed out here. Being exclusive to 8 player smash is the first problem. And a few of the others come in the forms of the boost for Number 9 being permanent once activated, said boost being impossible to get in a standard 2-minute match, the puzzles are too tricky to solve and have punishments that are too strong, and too many KO zones are sealed off.

It's an interesting idea. But it just doesn't function properly.

Overall Score: 13/25

Cosmic77's grades:

"The Foundry" by GolisoPower:

The stage itself looks like a generic factory, but Doom was a notable game that lots of people would likely know about. I think fans would have an idea what this stage is, especially if we got a character from Doom.

The "collapsible bridge" concept is pretty basic, and it's definitely nothing new. Still, I think you did a good job of representing this stage. The claws and the lava pool were nice additions.

I also like the layout of the stage. Very unique.

Playability: 9/10

The only hazard I could find is the lava/torches. Everything else seems OK.

"Cerberus Coup" by Kevandre:

On top of being popular, Mass Effect has its own, very distinct setting. I think people would have a good idea what this is.

Feels like this is a concept (fighting on a moving shuttle) that we've seen a lot from F-Zero. Regardless, the fights were unique, and they definitely represent Mass Effect in a way that people who have played the game would appreciate.

Even though the fighters don't do too much damage. There's a lot going on at once. I think battles could get really hectic and confusing, especially in the second scene.

"Noatun" by Jublieus57:

Lucky for you, Bayo is already in the game. If it weren't for that, there's no way this would've gotten a perfect score.

Really like the creativity in this stage. The transitions were well-executed, and you managed to do a decent job of representing both Bayonetta 2 and the series as a whole.

(The drawings were wonderful by the way.)

Playability: 6/10

Sorry, but this was your weak point. Those enemies being a part of your stage lower your score enough, but KOing fighters at 60%? That's way too early. Might have been better to make somewhere between 80-100%.

"Dance Dance Revolution" by SquashiniKun:

For better or worse, everyone has heard of Dance Dance Revolution.

The concept itself is definitely unique. Avoiding the falling arrows sounds like a very fun yet realistic way DDR would be represented in Smash.

The use of stops and mines was also very creative.

Playability: 5/10

I know this is your first time, but I really would've liked more info on the layout of the stage. I had a hard time picturing what it looked like.

Also, I think you might have gone a little overboard with the hazards. There are so many different things players have to be on the lookout for that I can't imagine a serious battle being able to happen.

"Gameindusti" by TheMarioAddict:

Ehhhh... Don't think many people would recognize this stage. Truth be told, a "3" is probably very generous.

Originality: 6/10

Not quite sure how to grade your stage on originality. Seems like a fairly simple transformation stage, and since I haven't played this game before, I don't know how well the areas represent the game.

I'll just grade it on what I see. Looks visually appealing, but there isn't much going on that would make me want to choose this stage if I were playing Smash.

No hazards. Layout seems fine. Aaaaand... That's pretty much it.

"Isle of Skye" by Metal Tyrannomon X:

Iconic Status: 2/5

I feel bad for the low score, but hardly anyone is going to recognize this game. It didn't exactly sell well or get enough positive reviews for it to be remembered as a classic, and its old age prevents recency from being a factor to raise its score.

Despite, the lack of iconicness, you put a surprising amount of detail into your stage. The stage looks very different from what we've gotten in Smash, and the enemies offer enough variety to keep people interested.

Kudos to showing us the revival platforms. You're one of the few contestants who actually took the time to make them.

Playability: 9/10

Enemies are present, so I can't give you a perfect score. Still, seems like most of them are pretty tame. I can't see them interfering with a battle too much.

"Capital City" by PeridotGX:

Scribblenauts has become a notable franchise. It's artstyle is also pretty easy to spot, so I definitely see people recognizing this stage.

I like where you were headed, but it didn't hit home like it should. Maybe instead of adjectives that effect the players, Maxwell could spawn random items (actual Smash items) and things that could function as additional platforms (If Maxwell writes "gazebo", a gazebo will spawn for players to temporarily fight on).

Had some concerns for Ness players, but as long as that water tower is passable (which I don't think you clarified, so I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt), I think you're good.

"Nonary Game" by Sarki Soliloquy:

Another game that I'm not so sure many people would recognize, especially those in the West.

This is probably one of the most creative stages I've ever seen. I can tell how passionate you are about this stage, and it shows by all the detail you put into it.

Anyway, I really like the gimmick you used. Feels like a weird, warped version of WarioWare, except everyone is working together to avoid getting punished for not solving the puzzle instead of purposely shoving me in front of flying cars, falling arrows, and giant feet.

Playability: 3/10?

Geez, grading your stage on playability is a headache. It's exclusive to 8-player Smash, but it's also so convoluted and complex that there's no way a real Smash battle could take place until the puzzles are solved.

Despite its wonderful creativity, I don't think a stage like this would work very well in Smash. It's just not very practical for having actual fights.

Overall Score: 16/25

Total Scores:

GolisoPower: 43 points

Kevandre: 42 points

Jubileus57: 43 points

Squashinikun: 38 points

TheMarioAddict: 39 points

Metal Tyrannomon X: 42 points

PeridotGX: 40 points

Sarki Soliloquy: 29 points

The Winner is..........
Yellow Team

Red team, Green team, and Sudden Death have already been used and I'm trying to save Blue team in case of a tie on one round in particular. So that leaves Yellow team to be used for this tie. And that tie is of......

The Foundry by GolisoPower

AND
Noatun by Jubileus57

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!

Jubileus57

Smash Ace
Peachy! I'll take the tie with GolisoPower GolisoPower

Congratulations to everyone this was yet another great round.

Cosmic77 Cosmic77 Thanks for the compliment on my drawings I put great love in them. (I have many others but I am not sure of there os a thread to post them somewhere xD)

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Holy cow...Jubileus, we actually won!

I think I need a moment to process this...oh, and nice job on your stages, everyone!

Last edited:

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Adding platforms was part of the original plan, but I second guessed myself and I removed them. Drats...

Good round though. I would say "Looking forward to Xenoblade", but I've never played a game from there, so I'm probably not going to submit a stage for it.

SquashiniKun

Smash Ace
Hey, at least i tried my best, also the way you escape the arrows is similar to that of the actual ddr game, @psb123.

Edit: To elaborate, If you enter the area where the arrows are that's where you will be captured.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Aw man, I think I might be too late for this
That depends on what you mean by too late. If you mean in terms of submitting something for The "Other 3rd Party Games" round, or a previous round like Sonic, then in terms of entering something in the contest, unfortunately it is too late for that but you can always submit any ideas from previous rounds for fun.

Not to mention there are still more rounds to be had in the contest. The Xenoblade Chronicles Round starts tomorrow in fact.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Congrats, guys!

And yeah, I felt like I might've been missing a bit here and there.

As for why Isle of Skye? The Blue Cave area is the most memorable due to it being the hardest area in the game bar none. However, Isle of Skye was the easiest to make into a stage proper. Besides that, Nepty is perhaps the most notable boss in the game due to being severely difficult and how easy it is to get stuck in Isle of Skye and thus have to grind hard just to stand a chance against her. It's really easy to give up on the game at that point. I can't blame anyone for doing so.

Yeah, there's no way it'd get a high iconic score. Even with the game being a cult classic to a vocal minority, that didn't mean much. Other scores made sense to me. Seemed beyond fair considering everything~

I wonder if I might've gotten another point if I included those rest of the User Interface stuff. XD

I do admit my actual explanations could've looked a lot more professional/clear. It seemed a bit too incoherent. Nice information, just not nearly put together enough.

TheMarioaddict

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheMarioaddict
3DS FC
0130-1812-3778
Switch FC
SW-4314-7715-8313
Yeah, that's about what I expected - very few Iconic points, and only decent Originality points. In hindsight, I probably should have tried to spice up the individual areas a bit more, but eh. I'm just happy I got to make a stage based on Neptunia!

Congrats to Goliso and Jubileus!

TheHumanSonikku

Smash Cadet
That depends on what you mean by too late. If you mean in terms of submitting something for The "Other 3rd Party Games" round, or a previous round like Sonic, then in terms of entering something in the contest, unfortunately it is too late for that but you can always submit any ideas from previous rounds for fun.

Not to mention there are still more rounds to be had in the contest. The Xenoblade Chronicles Round starts tomorrow in fact.
Oh, I can still do these?

I wanted to make sure, because I didn't want to accidentally break a rule or something

D

Deleted member

Time for Round 15!

In preparation for E3, Round 15 is..............

Xenoblade Chronicles

Originally part of a a triple threat round with Splatoon and ARMS, it sadly went that entire round without getting a single submission. So before E3 gets here where a reveal of new Xenoblade content in smash is likely, we're giving Operation Rainfall's most successful result another chance in this contest.

All 3 Xenoblade games are eligible. Whether it be the original, Xenoblade Chronicles X, or Xenoblade Chronicles 2. But any other Xeno games, such as Xenogears and Xenosaga, are sadly not allowed since we don't know yet what's going on with those series now that Monolith is a Nintendo Subsidiary. Besides, Xenoblade is the main heavy hitter that Monolith is putting out under Nintendo's ownership anyway.

The last bit to go over isn't a rule, but a request. Regardless of which of the 3 games you submit a stage for, please, PLEASE keep spoilers as low as possible. Despite it's rising popularity there are still enough people out there who are trying to avoid spoilers because they haven't had the opportunity to be exposed to these games yet. Heck, even I haven't finished Xenoblade Chronicles 2. So please, keep the spoilers under wraps as much as possible.

And with that, on May 21st 2018, Round 15 has begun. You have until Friday May 25th to submit entries.

Good Luck!

Last edited by a moderator:

TheMarioaddict

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheMarioaddict
3DS FC
0130-1812-3778
Switch FC
SW-4314-7715-8313
...I completely forgot that we were doing the Xenoblade round this week.

I might need a few days to get a stage together.

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Alrighty then, let's do this!

Stage Name:
Garfont Village

Origin:
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Gimmicks and Hazards:
Common Blades

Description:
upload_2018-5-21_9-27-34.jpeg

(Indicated from left to right are Bayonetta, Little Mac, Buzzwole and Samus)

"Welcome to Garfont. It ain't much, but it's home."

Home to one of Uraya's many mercenary groups, Garfont is a cozy village lead by the proud Driver Vandham. To the left of the stage is a gate that normally acts as a wall, but get launched into them hard enough and the gates will open and you will be KO'd. To the right is a Saffronia tree that blocks the way to the blast line. You must launch opponents just above it to KO them.

The main gimmick of this stage is simple: a random Common Blade will come out of the smaller building of the village every two minutes. When a player touches that Blade, they will become their Driver for 30 seconds. Each one is different based on three factors:
  1. Element: There are seven different elements that Common Blades have access to: Fire and Water, Wind and Ice, Earth and Lightning; and Dark. Fire deals fire damage, Water deals water damage, Wind gives attacks a windbox, Ice freezes, Earth buries, Lightning stuns and Dark deals shadow damage. The first three pairs are weak to each other, Fire to Water, Ice to Wind, Lightning to Earth and Dark to Light (FYI, Light is the only element the Common Blades can't access). For example, if the Driver of a Water Blade is hit with Roy's Flare Blade, they will take 1.25x the damage and knockback. Another example would be that Drivers of Dark Blades will take more damage from attacks from characters with magic attacks like Zelda or Palutena.
  2. Physique: There are four kinds of Common Blades: Male, Female, Brute and Animal. Male Blades in this stage have access to only the Chroma Katana, Bitball and Megalance. Females in this stage have access to the Ether Cannon and Knuckle Claws. Brutes have access to Shield Hammers and Greataxes. Finally, Animals have exclusive rights to the Twin Rings.
  3. Weapon: Each weapon is unique.
    1. The Ether Cannon can be shot similarly to a Ray Gun, but charging it will treat it as if it were a 4x weaker version of the Daybreak.
    2. The Greataxe is slow, but has immense damage output at 15% damage and as much knockback as Ike's Aether.
    3. The Megalance does only 8% damage and as much knockback as Pikachu's half-charged Skull Bash, but has immense range.
    4. The Chroma Katana acts as if it were a slightly more powerful version of the Beam Sword, dealing 1.25x the damage and knockback.
    5. The Shield Hammer is the slowest weapon, but is like a cross between Dedede's hammer and the Ore Club, at 17% damage and as much knockback as Corrin's Dragon Fang Shot's half-charged bite.
    6. The Bitball floats next to the Driver and acts like a Soccer Ball, dealing 8% damage and about as much knockback as Marth's Dolphin Slash.
    7. The Knuckle Claws do 4% damage per hit with hitstun, but they hit as fast as Little Mac's ground normals.
    8. The Twin Rings are balanced between damage (at 7%), knockback (about as much as Lucario's Aura Sphere at minimal aura) and speed (Comes out about as quickly as Mario's Fireball).
Another Blade will not appear until after the active Blade disappears. If the Driver is KO'd, the Blade will immediately disappear. And as a bonus, if a character wins the match while they have a Blade, a special victory screen with that very Blade will play. For example: a Female Blade spinning around joyfully in victory while holding Pikachu up in her hands before cuddling it, Bowser and a Brute Blade fist-bumping or Toon Link riding on an Animal Blade before striking a pose on it not unlike what you'd see in old west movies.

Unlockable:
No.

Music:
You Will Recall Our Names (XC2)
Beyond Hope and Despair (XC2)
Torna Boss Theme (XC2)
Garfont Village Remix
Counterattack (XC2)
Battle!! (XC2)
Those Who Stand Against Our Path (XC2)
Alba Cavanich Remix

EDIT: I REALLY hope my Common Blade gimmick doesn't make a dent in my Playability score or anything...

Last edited:

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
Gramps’ Back

(Xenoblade Chronicles II)

First off, I apologize for my art here… It’s not amazing lol.

Anyhoo, one of the most memorable parts of the beginning of Xenoblade Chronicles 2 is riding around on the back of a titan which Rex refers to as “Gramps.” Rex is a salvager and he likes to spend his days with Gramps, fly-swimming through the Cloud Sea, searching for salvage.

The stage is relatively simple, with an incline to the left side going up Gramps’ neck, as well as an additional platform as Rex’s little wooden house on the back. On the right side is a crane that extends over the cloud sea. The crane’s neck is drop-thruable. The crane holds a platform as well that you can stand on! But… Campers beware, for tactically-minded folks might notice a big box with a large red button on it near the crane…

Robin drops the crane into the cloud sea to look for salvage! And Shulk is gone with it, getting KO’d! Generally, the cloud sea is something you can swim in, but with the velocity the crane goes down with, it just carries you to the depths.

Quick thinkers can jump into the sea before the crane goes down though , but they’re gonna want to get back into position when the crane comes back up or they might drown.

When the crane comes back up, it’ll turn around and dump all cargo into the middle of the stage.

“You’re mine now, Shulk!”​

And then the crane moves back around to the backside, leaving the treasure behind.

There’s not a lot else of import here, it’s but a simple salvaging area for Rex and his Gramps!

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
Thanks guys for proposing to help me but it isn't necessary, I just am not into Xenoblade AT ALL so I won't get anything valuable out of it ^^'
I don't care for the gameplay, myself. I watched all the cutscenes of the first game on youtube and was blown away, and X2 my roommate/cohost has been playing a lot of so I know some stuff

GolisoPower

Smash Master
...Hot dang. Still only two stages so far in this round. I'm surprised at there are no participants besides me and Kevandre so far.

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
I figured this round would be less populated, but I didn't think it'd be this anemic

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Don't want to spoil anything for this round, but I've narrowed down the potential winning stage to just GolisoPower and Kevandre.

It's close guys. :p

D

Deleted member

Well MarioAddict did say that if given a few days he might have a submission of his own. Still, I guess my fears that this would be a more stagnant round were accurate. Oh well.

BTW I have a question for everyone. As of right now I'm planning to have one of the rounds going during the week of E3. Does that sound good to you guys or do you think we should take E3 week off?

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Well MarioAddict did say that if given a few days he might have a submission of his own. Still, I guess my fears that this would be a more stagnant round were accurate. Oh well.

BTW I have a question for everyone. As of right now I'm planning to have one of the rounds going during the week of E3. Does that sound good to you guys or do you think we should take E3 week off?
I was thinking we should do something special for E3 week. Maybe something a little different, or maybe an extra little thing in addition to our typical rounds.

But I'm not a contestant, so I'll leave it up to everyone else.

GolisoPower

Smash Master
I was thinking we should do something special for E3 week. Maybe something a little different, or maybe an extra little thing in addition to our typical rounds.

But I'm not a contestant, so I'll leave it up to everyone else.
Whatever that special thing is, I'd be up for that! :)

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
How about an "anything goes" round? Including things that have already had a round, and stuff for future rounds (but you'd have to do a different stage then?)

I really liked our third party round with the wide array of variance and passion

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280

I was thinking a free round. All of us probably have had an idea that never made it (I have an Exitebike idea I've passed up twice, as well as another Mario and Kirby stage). Plus, a swarm of new people will be coming once we get news on Smash 5, and a free round would probably attract way more people then a 1 series round.

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
Or crossover stages like PSASBR had. It was the only good bit of that game. That could be a lot of fun

D

Deleted member

Okay. So based on feedback here I think I've got a plan figured out. Once Round 15 ends that will leave 2 weeks left until E3. For the first of those weeks, we'll just have regular old Round 16.

However on the 2nd of those weeks, which is the week before E3, we're going to roll with a suggestion made by Cosmic77 Cosmic77 in the judges PM thread. And that is that whoever wishes to do so will tally up the Top 5 stages from previous rounds that they think are most likely to be featured at E3. With shoutouts being given after E3 to those who came close. Originally Cosmic suggested it be 3 stages instead of 5 but there are two particular entries this contest has had that, frankly, stomp all of the others in terms of likeliness. So I'm upping the ante to 5.

Will there still be a regular round going that week? Well, I don't know yet. That depends on feedback I get from you guys.

Finally during the week of E3 we will be going with that idea of an "Anything Goes" Round. Well, sort of anything goes. Entries in past rounds won't be allowed and the rules of has to have originated from a Video Game and has to have appeared on a Nintendo Platform will still be in effect. I will however allow crossover stages like what Playstation All Stars did. This will probably be the only round to feature those though.

Do bear in mind though that while you can submit stage ideas for future rounds in this Anything goes round. Once you do that idea will no longer be eligible for that future round once it begins.

That's the plan I think we're going to roll with here. Your guys thoughts?

TheMarioaddict

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheMarioaddict
3DS FC
0130-1812-3778
Switch FC
SW-4314-7715-8313
...Hot dang. Still only two stages so far in this round. I'm surprised at there are no participants besides me and Kevandre so far.
Don't want to spoil anything for this round, but I've narrowed down the potential winning stage to just GolisoPower and Kevandre.

It's close guys. :p
Well MarioAddict did say that if given a few days he might have a submission of his own.
So what you're saying is I'm guaranteed at least 3rd place? :p

Yeah though, I did manage to come up with an idea for a stage. I just have to finish putting it together, and then I'll go ahead and post it.

---insert psb123's plan here---

That's the plan I think we're going to roll with here. Your guys thoughts?
Sounds good to me, man.

Last edited:

TheMarioaddict

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheMarioaddict
3DS FC
0130-1812-3778
Switch FC
SW-4314-7715-8313
[Light Spoilers for the late-game of Xenoblade Chronicles]

Sorry for the wait, folks! I had some trouble this time around, seeing as I’ve barely played any Xenoblade 2 and am working from a Lets Play memory of Xenoblade Chronicles. Fortunately, the first game gave me a perfect area to turn into a stage! It’s a later area in the game, but it’s pretty significant to the story overall. You might say it’s a bit of a deus ex machina… literally!

Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to the Fallen Arm!

That's right, you all know this place... the place with the fat robot guy! ...oh, and I think you get a party member here or something? What was her name again… eh, it’s probably not important.

Name of Stage:
Fallen Arm

Game of Origin:
Xenoblade Chronicles

Description of Stage:
Ok, so technically it might be more accurate to name this stage “Junks”, since this stage takes place almost entirely on the ship of the same name. But since Smash 4 called Bionis Leg “Gaur Plains” (even though Gaur Plains is just a small area, and it's on the COMPLETE OPPOSITE END OF THE BIONIS LEG I swear to god Sakurai), I’m sticking true to that spirit and calling this stage Fallen Arm.

...but yeah, as I said, the stage mainly takes place on Junks, a ship floating in the Hidden Machina Village of the Fallen Arm. Junks makes up the base of the stage, with a grabbable ledge on the left, a non-grabbable ledge on the right, and a tall spire separating the two sides of the ship. 3 passable platforms give the stage some variety (and avoid the problem Corneria/Sector Z has where it can be really hard to get over the spire), and some swimmable water flanks the ship on either side. Visually, you’ll see some Machina walking around in the background and foreground (foreground not pictured, but it’s basically the part that’s actually a town).

Gimmicks and Hazards of the Stage:
This stage has one major gimmick to it. For the most part, the stage will remain as it is in the image above. But, after around 15 - 25 seconds, the ship will spring to life, engines whirring and wings lifting up slightly. Then, the ship will begin to rise out of the water, and a moment later…

...Junks will fly around the Fallen Arm! Junks will stay in flight for a solid 45 seconds, during which time the area below the stage becomes regular air (like any other stage), and the area to the right of the spire will have a wind effect that pushes players towards the left (the flat back part of the ship is unaffected by the wind). Once the flight time is up, the wind effect will stop, and Junks will land back in the Machina Village, restarting the cycle.

Music:
On the Fallen Arm (Xenoblade Chronicles)
Engage the Enemy (Xenoblade Chronicles)
An Obstacle in our Path (Xenoblade Chronicles)
Mechanical Rhythm (Xenoblade Chronicles)
You Will Know our Names (Xenoblade Chronicles)
Xenoblade Medley (Smash Bros for Wii U)
Beyond the Sky (Xenoblade Chronicles)
Zanza (Xenoblade Chronicles)

And there you have it! Hopefully this was worth the wait, so please enjoy!

Last edited:

GolisoPower

Smash Master
[Light Spoilers for the late-game of Xenoblade Chronicles]

Sorry for the wait, folks! I had some trouble this time around, seeing as I’ve barely played any Xenoblade 2 and am working from a Lets Play memory of Xenoblade Chronicles. Fortunately, the first game gave me a perfect area to turn into a stage! It’s a later area in the game, but it’s pretty significant to the story overall. You might say it’s a bit of a deus ex machina… literally!

Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to the Fallen Arm!

That's right, you all know this place... the place with the fat robot guy! ...oh, and I think you get a party member here or something? What was her name again… eh, it’s probably not important.

Name of Stage:
Fallen Arm

Game of Origin:
Xenoblade Chronicles

Description of Stage:
Ok, so technically it might be more accurate to name this stage “Junks”, since this stage takes place almost entirely on the ship of the same name. But since Smash 4 called Bionis Leg “Gaur Plains” (even though Gaur Plains is just a small area, and it's on the COMPLETE OPPOSITE END OF THE BIONIS LEG I swear to god Sakurai), I’m sticking true to that spirit and calling this stage Fallen Arm.

...but yeah, as I said, the stage mainly takes place on Junks, a ship floating in the Hidden Machina Village of the Fallen Arm. Junks makes up the base of the stage, with a grabbable ledge on the left, a non-grabbable ledge on the right, and a tall spire separating the two sides of the ship. 3 passable platforms give the stage some variety (and avoid the problem Corneria/Sector Z has where it can be really hard to get over the spire), and some swimmable water flanks the ship on either side. Visually, you’ll see some Machina walking around in the background and foreground (foreground not pictured, but it’s basically the part that’s actually a town).

Gimmicks and Hazards of the Stage:
This stage has one major gimmick to it. For the most part, the stage will remain as it is in the image above. But, after around 15 - 25 seconds, the ship will spring to life, engines whirring and wings lifting up slightly. Then, the ship will begin to rise out of the water, and a moment later…

...Junks will fly around the Fallen Arm! Junks will stay in flight for a solid 45 seconds, during which time the area below the stage becomes regular air (like any other stage), and the area to the right of the spire will have a wind effect that pushes players towards the left (the flat back part of the ship is unaffected by the wind). Once the flight time is up, the wind effect will stop, and Junks will land back in the Machina Village, restarting the cycle.

Music:
[I’m pressed for time so I’m gonna update this later. I doubt music choices will affect my score all that much anyways.]

And there you have it! Hopefully this was worth the wait, so please enjoy!
He-HEY, Kevandre Kevandre , looks like we have ourselves a new challenger! Granted we already knew he was going to make a stage this round, it's still good to see new competition!

Last edited:
Top Bottom