• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS/WiiU - Stage Contest - Round 14 - Kid Icarus

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
It was confirmed that the second part of the leak included Ridley, so I politely disagree.
I'm not going to trust that until I see it. Unless there were screenshots or video that I missed.

Still. I'm missing Ivysaur and Lucas both, who were my Brawl mains. It hurts after losing Roy, my Melee main. Sakurai hates me, personally.

TechPowah

Smash Ace
Switch FC
1951-3245-1423
What are you talking about, we ARE getting Roy

as a Bowser Jr. alt. :p

<I'm so sorry if this seemed mean, I just did it because I love all the jokes you can make about FE!Roy and Mario!Roy.>

Last edited:

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
What are you talking about, we ARE getting Roy

as a Bowser Jr. alt. :p

<I'm so sorry if this seemed mean, I just did it because I love all the jokes you can make about FE!Roy and Mario!Roy.>
Morton 4 lyf

Jords2Good

Smash Journeyman
I wonder if each skin for BJr has a different voice.
That's most definitely going to happen. We got proof of alts getting voices from Female Robin I'd think they are getting their own voice.
Because it will sound weird hearing Jr's voice with the other koopalings

Last edited:

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
That's most definitely going to happen. We got proof of alts getting voices from Female Robin I'd think they are getting their own voice.
In that case, people can't complain about the lack of villains in this game, lol

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
I wonder if each skin for BJr has a different voice.
Weird how the koopalings still manage to get in smash. First Mario Kart 8 and now this. At least their gameplay looks decent.
Wendy and Roy are some of my favorite designs in the Mario series, I never thought I'd get to play them in Smash :3

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
Wendy and Roy are some of my favorite designs in the Mario series, I never thought I'd get to play them in Smash :3
I'm not so much a Wendy fan, but I sure do say "If you pinch Wendy's pennies, they pinch back" a lot, as I work with someone with that name.

I like Morton and Ludwig mostly. They were my MK8 replacements for my missing Dry Bowser.

I really miss MKWii's roster. Dry Bowser and Funky Kong were the best.

Last edited:

Jords2Good

Smash Journeyman
Ludwig is my favorite.

Oh jeez can the next Stage be a bowser castle one for Wii U?
I had one idea of a castle from the final level of new super Mario bros 2 were the koopalings try to turn Mario into stone but hr had to hide behind the wall to avoid it.
Buuuuut koopalings are characters XD.

ryuu seika

Smash Master
I'm highly sceptical about the leak. It looks bad, doesn't impress me character-wise, cuts atleast one good and unique character, uses Dr. Mario (why is he even in it?) fan art and has zero naming ability for the duck hunt dog. Calling him "Duck Hunt" only works in german.

TheMarioaddict

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheMarioaddict
3DS FC
0130-1812-3778
Switch FC
SW-4314-7715-8313
I'm highly sceptical about the leak. It looks bad, doesn't impress me character-wise, cuts atleast one good and unique character, uses Dr. Mario (why is he even in it?) fan art and has zero naming ability for the duck hunt dog. Calling him "Duck Hunt" only works in german.
I was skeptical too, back when it was just the one pic of the roster, and a few select pics other things.

But then I saw all the other pictures.

And the videos.

And I slowly began to realize that this wasn't your average everyday "fake leak". This was either real, or something that one guy would have had to spend hundreds of hours making, to the point of practically building his own copy of Smash 4 from scratch.

Now I don't know what to think

Last edited:

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
I don't want the leak to be real.

But I doubt Nintendo would be taking down the videos if it were fake.

TheMarioaddict

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheMarioaddict
3DS FC
0130-1812-3778
Switch FC
SW-4314-7715-8313

I mean, on the one hand, I'd prefer we get different characters than the ones shown in the leak (Dr. Mario? Really? And Dark Pit?).

But on the other hand, I'm not going to be horribly upset if this IS the final roster. It's pretty good.

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
I mean, on the one hand, I'd prefer we get different characters than the ones shown in the leak (Dr. Mario? Really? And Dark Pit?).

But on the other hand, I'm not going to be horribly upset if this IS the final roster. It's pretty good.
I will just have to get used to it. I'm not anti-clone at all. Dr. Mario does, if nothing else, confirm that previously cut veterans have a chance to return later, which is at least something good. And with MK8 releasing characters new and previously-cut through DLC, Smash also gives me that feeling.

But. the hype level is just too damn low.

Pre-Brawl I was stoked for so much. Pokemon Trainer! Sonic! Olimar! Meta Knight! Wario! Snake!
So many awesome characters!

This time around... the only newcomer that's been officially revealed thus far that I care about is Robin. Within this leak's newcomers, honestly only Bowser Jr interests me. Ridley, Dixie, K Rool, etc haven't been seen/confirmed aside from rumor. That coupled with my two favorite characters from Brawl being cut just... kills it for me, kind of. Which really sucks because I had been so damn hyped. But now it's deflating. I'm still getting the games. But I'm just not as interested.

The game will still be great. It'll probably be a better game than Brawl is. But the roster just blergh. Up until DLC, at least. We shall see.

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622

Kevandre, look, I know Ivysaur's a terrible loss, but if we get Ridley, then all the sacrificed veterans served a greater purpose.
And C'mon! Rosalina, Palutena, Pac-Man, Megaman, Little Mac, Greninja, Robin and Villager are all amazing, very deserving additions! (Well, except Greninja maybe).

Last edited:

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
Kevandre, look, I know Ivysaur's a terrible loss, but if we get Ridley, then all the sacrificed veterans served a greater purpose.
And C'mon! Rosalina, Palutena, Pac-Man, Megaman, Little Mac, Greninja, Robin and Villager are all amazing, very deserving additions! (Well, except Greninja maybe).
Robin for sure. Others are fine but none give me hype enough to be okay with the cuts of my favorite Brawl characters.

I just really hope there's character DLC for them. If so, then I'll be super fine with it.

As it is I feel like I'm going to be cheated out of an Ivysaur Amiibo.

Jords2Good

Smash Journeyman
To me, Robin Lucina and now Dark pit, shulk and Duck hunt all seem uninteresting to me. The rest is just great even though I never played their games like uprising and punch, they all seem very fresh and new other than swords. Swords don't impress me much. Ike Is my favorite swordsmen though but he was really too slow.

I'm mostly looking forward to the rest of the newcomers other than the ones I listed.

For vets, definitely can't wait to main Sonic again, looks better, plays better and he's stronger. Same with Kirby and peach.

Also, when does the next round start? Is there a date?

Last edited:

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
To me, Robin Lucina and now Dark pit, shulk and Duck hunt all seem uninteresting to me. The rest is just great even though I never played their games like uprising and punch, they all seem very fresh and new other than swords. Swords don't impress me much. Ike Is my favorite swordsmen though but he was really too slow.

I'm mostly looking forward to the rest of the newcomers other than the ones I listed.

For vets, definitely can't wait to main Sonic again, looks better, plays better and he's stronger. Same with Kirby and peach.

Also, when does the next round start? Is there a date?
Usually the day after results are posted. It's hard to tell when the results will be in since, well, the judges have real lives and don't necessarily have the time to get to it quickly. But we've got at least 1/4 of results in now as far as I remember.

Jords2Good

Smash Journeyman
Usually the day after results are posted. It's hard to tell when the results will be in since, well, the judges have real lives and don't necessarily have the time to get to it quickly. But we've got at least 1/4 of results in now as far as I remember.
OK cool, no rush though,

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
So hey judges, just wanted to check in and see. I've got a fever of a hundred and three. Come on baby do you do more than dance? I'm hot blooded. Hot blooded.

...Got off track. This actually really happens a lot. My coworkers are careful not to set me up to break out into song.

So anyhoo! Checking status on eta of grades. :)

BridgesWithTurtles

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3523-2059-7939
I apologize for not having grades done yet. Was kinda busy today with stuff around the house. I'll try and get those grades done before this time tomorrow. Should be done soon. I just ask everyone to be patient. Sometimes grading stages is a more time-consuming process than it seems.

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
Oh no problem broseph. Just was doing the thing out of interest not impatience

Jords2Good

Smash Journeyman
I just realized that from my earlier post I mention having a bowser castle round but seems like you guys already done it lol.
My idea was pretty much the same as the winner with the koopalings in their clown kart from the final level of New super Mario bros 2

Maybe if a Mario kart round is possible I'll try make up one for that round.

Last edited:

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
I just realized that from my earlier post I mention having a bowser castle round but seems like you guys already done it lol.
My idea was pretty much the same as the winner with the koopalings in their clown kart from the final level of New super Mario bros 2

Maybe if a Mario kart round is possible I'll try make up one for that round.
Mario Kart Round is one that I totes want. Even though I already did a Mario Kart stage for the Wario round, lol.

Still. Would rather see a Yoshi Round or Zelda 3DS round first.

TheMarioaddict

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheMarioaddict
3DS FC
0130-1812-3778
Switch FC
SW-4314-7715-8313
Mario Kart Round is one that I totes want. Even though I already did a Mario Kart stage for the Wario round, lol.

Still. Would rather see a Yoshi Round or Zelda 3DS round first.
Seconded. Would love for there to be a Zelda 3DS round soon.

Also, pretty sure it's been mentioned before that they plan on doing a "Mario Spin-off" round, which includes everything from Mario Kart to Mario Party. So have hope!

ryuu seika

Smash Master
I don't even want to talk about my entry. Lets just say it scrolls upwards, infinite loops, features Neko Bowser far more than any game ever should, has an overabundance of stupid pointless gimmicks and forces every player into a cat suit matching the colour of their player number (AI ICs get pastel shades), regardless of the costume chosen on the character select screen. Be grateful there are no transforming characters in Smash 4 'cause these suits make it super hard to tell who's playing as whom.
In other words, it's a perfect representation of Super Mario 3D World's last level.
My bad stage contest entry that you all glossed over. Figured it might give people a laugh and ease the wait.

TheMarioaddict

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheMarioaddict
3DS FC
0130-1812-3778
Switch FC
SW-4314-7715-8313
My bad stage contest entry that you all glossed over. Figured it might give people a laugh and ease the wait.
Hmmm... I give it a 6/10, because it introduces mechanics that straight up don't work in smash brothers (like cat suits). Taking points away, though, because I actually liked 3d world's last level.

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
As I feel like we can't get too off topic in this thread while waiting for grades/between rounds and this is where I hang out most, I'll share this here like I did in the Robin social thread

I'm so excited you guys.

BridgesWithTurtles

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3523-2059-7939
More grades are done. Waiting on others, now. I can't say this was my favorite set of stages. It's not a gems collection by any means, but there are some really good stages in there nonetheless. What do you other users think? Any stages that stand out to you guys in particular?

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
More grades are done. Waiting on others, now. I can't say this was my favorite set of stages. It's not a gems collection by any means, but there are some really good stages in there nonetheless. What do you other users think? Any stages that stand out to you guys in particular?
I'm very cautiously optimistic about my own entry in this round. I think it turned out well... But it wouldn't shock me if I didn't win either. (I'll probably EAT THOSE WORDS)

I actually liked @ TheMarioaddict TheMarioaddict stage a lot. City Escape has a lot of nostalgia tied to it and the stage design was solid

Jords2Good

Smash Journeyman
As I feel like we can't get too off topic in this thread while waiting for grades/between rounds and this is where I hang out most, I'll share this here like I did in the Robin social thread

I'm so excited you guys.

There selling posters???

What website is that?

I so want a mega man, pacman, greninja and this one. Are they there too?

When ever you get it, think you can post a of it? I wanna see how big it looks.

Last edited:

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
There selling posters???

What website is that?

I so want a mega man, pacman, greninja and this one. Are they there too?

When ever you get it, think you can post a of it? I wanna see how big it looks.
I'm just using vistaprint. So you can use whatever pic you want

Top Bottom