• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros. Crusade v.0.9.1 Showcase Stream Announced

Xermo

Smash Champion
NNID
SSBFC-Xerom
3DS FC
4425-1998-0670
Yes, unfortunately the old developers have left us with this stigma of finding any old sprite sheet online and adding it in without any apparent thought. I can speak confidently when I say this is no longer the case and we are working our hardest to remedy it.
Ah, a dev member. It's been a while since I last checked up on Crusade, so I wasn't aware of if there were any significant changes in sprite quality control. Sounds great.

Last edited:

sWiTcHeRoO [疾~斬]

The Visionary
NNID
Yuchkins
3DS FC
0130-2970-6312
Ugh. This game is the perfect example of quality over quantity. I mean seriously. I honestly don't think this is a good game. Does it have a lot of effort put to it? Yes. Does that make it good? No.

The roster is just really odd (IMO). I feels like the just try to cram every character they could into the game. The physics are very poor, and the most unsettling thing are the sprites. Most of them look like they were pulled from MS Paint. I understand if this was an earlier build of the game, but this game has just been adding more and more content.

Perhaps the direct will change my outlook on the game.
You mean quantity over quality. They have a ton of crap but it's all incredibly hard to look at and a chore to play. Quantity isn't bad if there's a good amount of quality to it. If they didn't just rip sprites and plaster them right on the game and made stages that didn't look like blocks with atrocious textures maybe the game would be acceptable at best.

Dustination

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Dustination
3DS FC
5215-1019-9015
You mean quantity over quality. They have a ton of crap but it's all incredibly hard to look at and a chore to play. Quantity isn't bad if there's a good amount of quality to it. If they didn't just rip sprites and plaster them right on the game and made stages that didn't look like blocks with atrocious textures maybe the game would be acceptable at best.
Hi! Looks like you missed my post on the other page. I suggest you go read it. I also suggest trying the newest demo before forming such an opinion, those psuedo-3D stages haven't seen the light of day in quite a while. It's also quite obvious from the rest of his post that ThyShallBeDone had made a typo. Thanks for commenting!

Last edited:

sWiTcHeRoO [疾~斬]

The Visionary
NNID
Yuchkins
3DS FC
0130-2970-6312
Hi! Looks like you missed my post on the other page. I suggest you go read it. I also suggest trying the newest demo before forming such an opinion, those psuedo-3D stages haven't seen the light of day in quite a while. Thanks for commenting!
Hi! I didn't miss your post. Also, I'll pass. Thanks for replying!

Red(SP)

Smash Journeyman
I think y'all should improve the game engine before even fixing the sprites.

Or like, find some sort of design preference. I think Crusade is like some tumblrina that can't identify herself. Are you guys hardcore? Are you guys softcore? Asexual? Hetero? Like, the last time I played this game, it was a huge mess.

Removing l-canceling and somehow maintaining wavedashes, and pretty much having everything that someone would identify in a fighter (which is why Xerom called it a mugen fighter lmao).

L-canceling in Crusade was like 0-endlag and a faster way to ending my Smash career than playing Fox in Melee.

Dustination

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Dustination
3DS FC
5215-1019-9015
Hi! I didn't miss your post. Also, I'll pass. Thanks for replying!
How can you form a proper opinion without knowing what you're talking about? You're running off of outdated information here! We know this game is a direct determinant of your personal well-being and we only wish to please people. (:

StayPuft

Smash Rookie
NNID
cellularsp
wow this game is garbage I hope the devteam gets chicken pox for making this terrible game

sWiTcHeRoO [疾~斬]

The Visionary
NNID
Yuchkins
3DS FC
0130-2970-6312
How can you form a proper opinion without knowing what you're talking about? You're running off of outdated information here! We know this game is a direct determinant of your personal well-being and we only wish to please people. (:
Oh, but you misunderstand. I don't really care. I have actual Smash Bros games to choose from and play, so I'll stick to my Wii Us and thems.

Dustination

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Dustination
3DS FC
5215-1019-9015
Oh, but you misunderstand. I don't really care. I have actual Smash Bros games to choose from and play, so I'll stick to my Wii Us and thems.
That's great, have fun! I don't see the point in censuring something you don't care about, but to each their own.

sWiTcHeRoO [疾~斬]

The Visionary
NNID
Yuchkins
3DS FC
0130-2970-6312
I'm Slissith, your best friend from the Crusade forums and Ginger's Retreat :)

You're still wonderful in your own unique way Yuch. Love you :)
Yeah, no dice. I guess you weren't important enough :).
That's great, have fun! I don't see the point in censuring something you don't care about, but to each their own.
I'm glad you understand. You at least express yourself nicely enough, I'll give you that much.

RadicalMongoose

Smash Apprentice
Yes, unfortunately the old developers have left us with this stigma of finding any old sprite sheet online and adding it in without any apparent thought. I can speak confidently when I say this is no longer the case and we are working our hardest to remedy it.
wow this game is garbage I hope the devteam gets chicken pox for making this terrible game
well **** you too.

RadicalMongoose

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, no dice. I guess you weren't important enough :).

I'm glad you understand. You at least express yourself nicely enough, I'll give you that much.
You are a bit rude sir or madam.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I didn't know Yuchi had an account here.
Bet he doesn't remember me, either.

D

Deleted member

I've had one for a few years now, and I still remember you, Mr. Gold Entei recolor man that used to make Smash roster wishlists.
Not wishlists, but I guess you do remember me.

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
The amount of ****posting here is embarrassing.

gyasim

Smash Cadet
NNID
gyasim
I could never stand playing Crusade. I find the sprites terribly done and taken from other sources, the menu is weird, and SSF2 is just so much better
Signed in just to like this comment.

gyasim

Smash Cadet
NNID
gyasim
Hopefully this direct will showcase the game turning good. Doubt it though.

sWiTcHeRoO [疾~斬]

The Visionary
NNID
Yuchkins
3DS FC
0130-2970-6312
I cant believe I saw Yuchi here of all places. Hasn't changed a bit, sad really.
looooool
Because what you see on the surface is totally accurate. I'll leave you to keep thinking you're right. In reality I don't really care about this game, I just make fun of it and you guys because reasons. I have better things to do than hold pointless grudges towards people that don't matter.

Learn to not take me so seriously : )

Last edited:

RadicalMongoose

Smash Apprentice
looooool
Because what you see on the surface is totally accurate. I'll leave you to keep thinking you're right. In reality I don't really care about this game, I just make fun of it and you guys because reasons. I have better things to do than hold pointless grudges towards people that don't matter.

Learn to go where your wanted.

Dark_Pit

Smash Cadet
looooool

Learn to be a good person

Given your response I must have made you slightly defensive, like I said if you dont care then dont waste your time here, but hey it seems like you do. So go ahead and give the the easy "i'll let you win" copout, you know youre contradicting yourself here.

Last edited:

sWiTcHeRoO [疾~斬]

The Visionary
NNID
Yuchkins
3DS FC
0130-2970-6312
Learn to go where your wanted.
Ehh, I dunno. I don't think it's a good idea to take advice from a complete random that's butthurt because of me, especially when they're not smart enough to be able to tell the difference between "your" and "you're". I don't think advice from you is going to be any better than your writing skills.

Now calm down buddy, nothing that's going on here even involves you.

Last edited:

sWiTcHeRoO [疾~斬]

The Visionary
NNID
Yuchkins
3DS FC
0130-2970-6312
Learn to be a good person

Given your response I must have made you slightly defensive, like I said if you dont care then dont waste your time here, but hey it seems like you do.
Well I was kinda implying that while I don't really care in the end, I'm only messing with you guys for the fun of it.

This already got kinda boring though, so I'll step out now. GL with your game y'all. No hard feelings and all that. I'm interested in seeing if the game can actually get polished enough to shut me up.

Also, I'm legit curious as to who you are but if you're not telling me then that's k too.

Last edited:

Dark_Pit

Smash Cadet
Well I was kinda implying that while I don't really care in the end, I'm only messing with you guys for the fun of it.

This already got kinda boring though, so I'll step out now. GL with your game y'all. No hard feelings and all that. I'm interested in seeing if the game can actually get polished enough to shut me up.
Alright that was better than what i usually saw from you, GL on whatever youre doing man, was cool seeing an oldie user lol. (I still remember the golden walls of texts...miss that)

Last edited:

sWiTcHeRoO [疾~斬]

The Visionary
NNID
Yuchkins
3DS FC
0130-2970-6312
Alright that was better than what i usually saw from you, GL on whatever youre doing man, was cool seeing an oldie user lol. (I still remember the golden walls of texts...miss that)
You're probably way too used to me blindly hating everything all the time. I don't do that anymore unless it's legit warranted.

Really though this game has some serious issues (or at least it used to) right along with SSF2 and some actual care and polish wouldn't hurt.
The devs kinda need to get their act together too, I at least know the SSF2 people are far too biased and ignorant of criticism and suggestions. Can't remember anything on the Crusade people though other than Dettadeus is a furry, kappa.

Also I do not know what walls of texts you're talking about. I don't even know who you are.

Dark_Pit

Smash Cadet
You're probably way too used to me blindly hating everything all the time. I don't do that anymore unless it's legit warranted.

Really though this game has some serious issues (or at least it used to) right along with SSF2 and some actual care and polish wouldn't hurt.
The devs kinda need to get their act together too, I at least know the SSF2 people are far too biased and ignorant of criticism and suggestions. Can't remember anything on the Crusade people though other than Dettadeus is a furry, kappa.

Also I do not know what walls of texts you're talking about. I don't even know who you are.
So you dont remember golden then? :p he was right there. That's what i was referring to.

This is an alt account, and like i said before, I know most of you but you do not know me, da power of lurking! :evil:

sWiTcHeRoO [疾~斬]

The Visionary
NNID
Yuchkins
3DS FC
0130-2970-6312
So you dont remember golden then? :p he was right there. That's what i was referring to.

This is an alt account, and like i said before, I know most of you but you do not know me, da power of lurking! :evil:
Oh, Golden Yuiitusin. Yes I do remember him, it doesn't help that you completely missed the capital G so I just thought you meant "golden walls of text" as in, amazing and glorious walls of text. Y'know, that kinda golden.

And oh well. I think I know who you are but your username escapes me. GigaPichu or something?

Last edited:

Dark_Pit

Smash Cadet
Oh, Golden Yuiitusin. Yes I do remember him, it doesn't help that you completely missed the capital G so I just thought you meant "golden walls of text" as in, amazing and glorious walls of text. Y'know, that kinda golden.

And oh well. I think I know who you are but your username escapes me. GigaPichu or something?
I'll leave you wondering :evil:

Top Bottom