• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros. Crusade v.0.9.1 Showcase Stream Announced

felipe_9595

Smash Lord
LoL at people comparing both games. Crusade might have some horrid sprites (Samus...), but the problems are not as much as previous versions. Crusade engine is vastly superior, gameplay wise.

Dustination

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Dustination
3DS FC
5215-1019-9015
We are two separate games with separate content and you are free to enjoy whichever game it is you like more. People will always continue to pit us against each other but know that the we are friends with the SSF2 team and do not wish to compete. (:

Last edited:

sWiTcHeRoO [疾~斬]

The Visionary
NNID
Yuchkins
3DS FC
0130-2970-6312
We are two separate games with separate content and you are free to enjoy whichever game it is you like more. People will always continue to pit us against each other but know that the we are friends with the SSF2 team and do not wish to compete. (:
It's more that they're both the most relatively well known sprite-based Smash fan games out there, so comparisons are bound to happen.

Crusade is "notorious" for its massive roster yet lack of quality in some areas, while SSF2 is notorious for taking years to finish even though it started well before Brawl came out lol. It's also the more "polished" of the two as far as gameplay goes but they're still far from feeling just like Smash if you ask me.

They're both Smash in gameplay but not in how they feel, if that makes sense.

felipe_9595

Smash Lord
It's more that they're both the most relatively well known sprite-based Smash fan games out there, so comparisons are bound to happen.

Crusade is "notorious" for its massive roster yet lack of quality in some areas, while SSF2 is notorious for taking years to finish even though it started well before Brawl came out lol. It's also the more "polished" of the two as far as gameplay goes but they're still far from feeling just like Smash if you ask me.

They're both Smash in gameplay but not in how they feel, if that makes sense.
SSF 2 is infinitely more polished graphics wise, in that aspects Crusade blows out of the water Flash 2.

But well, i enjoy both :3

Camc10

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Cam10_84
3DS FC
3625-9535-8650
That does explain why the SSF2 YouTube channel commented on Muah's video.

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
LoL at people comparing both games. Crusade might have some horrid sprites (Samus...), but the problems are not as much as previous versions. Crusade engine is vastly superior, gameplay wise.
I might be the minority here but I prefer Crusade's sprites. SSF2's look like if Sakurai took Brawl's art direction and regurgitated it to the smash community.

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
this entire thread is a disaster i have not seen such a concentration of terrible posts in one place since that whole APEX i-know-how-to-read-but-i-choose-not-to debacle with the SSF2 booth article

why are other games relevant in an article about the hard work crusade devs have put in - a news post exclusively about crusade progress

@ felipe_9595 felipe_9595 why did you literally say "LoL at people comparing both games" and then compare both games

why is no one discussing what the direct could actually contain

im speakless

sWiTcHeRoO [疾~斬]

The Visionary
NNID
Yuchkins
3DS FC
0130-2970-6312
this entire thread is a disaster i have not seen such a concentration of terrible posts in one place since that whole APEX i-know-how-to-read-but-i-choose-not-to debacle with the SSF2 booth article

why are other games relevant in an article about the hard work crusade devs have put in - a news post exclusively about crusade progress

@ felipe_9595 felipe_9595 why did you literally say "LoL at people comparing both games" and then compare both games

im speakless
You know what else makes me "speakless"?
Your blind bias towards SSF2 and ignorance when it comes to taking legit and constructive criticism to help your game improve. I've seen a handful of threads linked to me by some people and it's amazing how none of the extensive suggestions get taken into consideration at all.

Last edited:

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
You know what else makes me "speakless"?
Your blind bias towards SSF2 and ignorance when it comes to taking legit and constructive criticism to help your game improve. I've seen a handful of threads linked to me by some people and it's amazing how none of the extensive suggestions get taken into consideration at all.
Feel free to PM me about this and we can have a conversation about that, but I refuse to allow you to derail this thread about Crusade's announcements any further esp. not with your misconceptions of an unrelated game lol

Last edited:

sWiTcHeRoO [疾~斬]

The Visionary
NNID
Yuchkins
3DS FC
0130-2970-6312
Feel free to PM me about this and we can have a conversation about that, but I refuse to allow you to derail this thread about Crusade's announcements any further esp. not with your misconceptions of an unrelated game lol
Nah, I know it'd be a waste of time to try. Some friends of mine already have and I'm well aware of how that's turned out every single time.
Besides, I already took my actual serious opinions and thoughts on their v0.9.1 trailer to the official thread, so I'm kinda done with this one.

Last edited:

sWiTcHeRoO [疾~斬]

The Visionary
NNID
Yuchkins
3DS FC
0130-2970-6312
Crusade should be a browser flash game Like ssf2
I don't think the engine they're using for Crusade allows for browser support. It's not like SSF2, which is made in Flash, so you can have it embedded and also downloadable.

Crusade uses a different client (Game Maker I believe), not Flash.

Last edited:

felipe_9595

Smash Lord

im speakless
Because we both know what each game has and is pointless to compare them both. I don't know if you guys still hold grudges against me but i really, really enjoy Flash 2, i wouldn't have made multiple combo videos or played Break The Targets for over 3 years if it weren't for it lol (the only reason i stopped playing was because i couldnt play online after a certain patch, and that i got booted from the Backroom for no apparent reason :c).

Which reminds me, do you need any musicians ;) ? i am open :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_c_z_kUcz2E

Top Bottom