• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros. Crusade Fan Game - Ideas Anyone?

chaosscizzors

Smash Journeyman
"final smash = barrel roll"
i lol'd irl just now xD

well i'd say shadow but who needs that with a fixed sonic? so i'm going with knuckles, i mean c'mon, it's knucles ffs.

screw raphiel, i want to see nightmare and all his bad ***ness in a smash bros game.

putting in another vote for geno. i'd love to see that wooden SOB shooting up metaknight with his arm cannon whachyacallit.

goku? just no, please for the love of satan, no.

no more starfox characters, nuff said.

nother vote for isaac from golden sun. final smash = ragnorok = *****in'.

and the best assist trophy of all, my condisending mother.

FB Dj_Iskascribble

Frostbitten
fail.
hard core.
explain? SOTN was one of if not THE best castlevania game, and being it was ps1 it used sprites so they would be compatable for use in the crusade engine. Also SOTN was made be konami which is also the same compant that made metal gear. Snake got into brawl didn't he? Castlevania also orginated on the nintendo, in the game simon's quest where alucard first appeared.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
It doesn't matter, because honestly, Sonic and Megaman **** everything. Lulz at game bugs.

Man of Popsicle

Smash Lord
explain? SOTN was one of if not THE best castlevania game, and being it was ps1 it used sprites so they would be compatable for use in the crusade engine. Also SOTN was made be konami which is also the same compant that made metal gear. Snake got into brawl didn't he? Castlevania also orginated on the nintendo, in the game simon's quest where alucard first appeared.
Because of what he said.
ps1.

At least the metal gear series had an installment on a nintendo system.

Mikau1

Smash Rookie
this is weird but how bout ditto and as he uses attacks, he transform into a pokemon and attack and for his final smash, he turns into the character who is closest to him within limit of time or turn into a legendary pokemon and unleash a powerful attack

edit: put epona or malon from zelda and kanden from metroid as assist trophies

Ryusuta

Smash Master
3DS FC
5000-3249-3643
So, I finally put this game through its paces, ad although it's loaded with problematic glitches, I'm quite impressed with it so far. Here's a few of the issues I wanted to bring up:

VOICE ACTING. The announcer/Knuckles voices are pitiful. I'd be happy to help out in this regard (since I do voice work as a profession) if you'd like. Either way, ditch both of these voice schemes, because they're really bad. They seem comatose.

SPECIAL MOVE SLIDE This was the biggest glitch I found in the game. Essentially, you can do a really powerful special and move at the same time with the special move slide. In essence, Goku's Kamehameha is the most lethal of these. Not ALL of the specials do this, but you've got to make sure that specials cause your characters to stay stationary or move in a set path. Essentially, I could just move around with a Kamehameha wave of death wherever I go.

THE CONTROL SCHEME. Very iffy, and should allow for in-game customization.

STAGE GLITCHES. In particular, I found it very difficult to see what place in Corneria were solid ground, and the platforms seemed really out of place.

CHARACTER SIZES. Should Goku really be twice Snake's size?

Overall, it's still a very fun flash game. I'd like to offer any help I can to this project, and wish you the best with it.

Cruncher93

Smash Cadet
Geno, Bowser Jr, Banjo from Banjo Kazooie and Amaterasu from Okami should be in.

E: Sorry, my English isnt perfect.

Dr.MarioX

Smash Apprentice
Overall, it's still a very fun flash game. I'd like to offer any help I can to this project, and wish you the best with it.
I'm glad you like it, but are you playing the wrong version of the game?
The latest version doesn't have Corneria as a stage and I only recall Knuckles's voice being pathetic in an old version. If you'd like to contribute, you may. Any sprites, songs, sounds, etc. is accepted.

EDIT: Sorry I double posted. Here's an apology cookie:

D

Deleted member

1. Try not to include characters from Sony or Microsoft. Sony and Microsoft sue-happy fanboys might go nuts if they find out there particular favorite Sony or Microsoft character is on a Nintendo-related game and sue either you, or worse, Nintendo or both.

2. The game should be balanced. We don't want a game where you can beat the game in one try on Impossible Mode or a character that dominates all.

3. You should not be intended to make money out of this, understand that. No one is allowed to use copyright characters to make money off of.

4. Try making a forum dedicated to the game and a site if you can afford it. One of the reasons why he's so popular is because he has a site dedicated to the game and other things he makes.

5. Try adding some new mechanics not present in any Super Smash Bros. games. For example, multiple Final Smashes, new feature no one has thought up, anything new to the franchise.

6. Try adversiting the game. Now this isn't me being a hypocrite, since you should still avoid money. But what you should go after is amount of people who downloaded your game. Set up a Youtube channel dedicated to it and let someone do the adversiting.

7. When adding in new characters, you need to be able to make sure it fits the characters naturally. Don't let it feel force or out of touch.

8. NO CLONES. People went in frenzy with clones in Super Smash Bros. Melee and Super Smash Bros. Brawl. If you are going to put a character in, please make sure it can be original and not just repeating other characters movement.

I'll say more once I gather thoughts about this.

zergvsgenin

Smash Rookie
If we're going to see Shonen JUMP involvement here (if you look closely at Mach Rider and Link, you can see Kenshiro and Allen Walker, respectively...), I may as well say the following:
Eve and Naruto for Crusade!

[Eve]
Standard - Golden Four Hand Performance
Side - Feather Bullets
Down - Shield and Hammer
Up - Nanoslicer
Final - Transformation: Vortex Lancer (pseudo co-op between her and Naruto)

[Naruto]
Standard - Rasengan
Side - Shuriken
Down - Shadow Clone
Up - Rising Kunai Slash
Final - Harem Jutsu (deals extra damage to male characters)

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
I thought Goku was going to be the only anime character in the game... I'll admit I haven't been following it much lately due to a lot of **** going on, but... why???

jakeroo123

Smash Rookie
Luigi's moveset

Luigi... Well, some of his moves are changed from smash bros, but not all of the ones that should have. Particularly, the green fireball. Luigi only really uses this move in the smash bros series, while he is shown to more often use electricity outside of Smash bros. It has to be used more strategically, which is what you're supposed to do with Luigi, use strategy and timing to win, rather than raw power. Anyway, he's got fire with the poltergust, so shouldn't his normal attack be different?
It makes sense to me...
Also, what about the other Super Mario RPG hero, Mallow, as a playable? Or maybe some of the Paper Mario partners? I'm not really familiar with the other series used in this, so I only really have suggestions from Mario games.
Oh... I just had an idea. Banjo-Kazooie as a character. They certainly have enough abilities to be in it. Maybe Mumbo Jumbo as well. From Banjo-Tooie, I mean, not Nuts and Bolts.
If this is no good... I'm sorry for being a bother.

Top Bottom