• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros. Brawl versus Halo 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Radicalation

Smash Rookie
My wording was poor. I only meant that Super Paper Mario may surprise a lot of people, as it looks to reinvent the series using ideas that haven't really been exploited before, i.e. 2-D <-> 3-D switching, and a score system that doubles as an experience system.
Oh, I see now. I hope if that system works out it won't be copied to death by other franchises. ~.~

HiddenTiger

Smash Lord
In my personal opinion, Smash Bros and Halo are two franchises that are so completely different in every respect, and targetted to and bought by such completely different groups of gamers, that it's not possible nor fair to judge them against each other. They'll each do well in their respective ways, separate from each other. Nobody is going to raise a fuss about Halo 3 vs SSBB unless they happen to get released on the exact same day by way of pure serendipity.

FireBomb

Smash Lord
Well it's quite simple. Wii owners will bask in the speldor of Brawl, and 360 owners will soak in the magnificiance of Halo 3. People who own both systems are just some lucky crackheads who won't be able to decide which game to play.

I'm hoping that Brawl somehow comes out on top. Multiplayer just seems that much more appealing.

Croco

Smash Lord
People who own both systems are just some lucky crackheads who won't be able to decide which game to play.
;) I'm not buying Halo 3.. lol and I have a 360.
I bought a 360 for just online play with my real friends.. Saints Row etc.

El HP

Smash Ace
I dont think is good to compare two completely diferent games as for brawl release my personal guess would be between july-september.

Keige

Smash Journeyman
Turtles in Time is awesome! I like King of Dragons a lot too *runs*

Halo 3 will most likely sell more unless there's some serious advertising for Brawl's online play and other features that will attract the "hardcore" (note the quotes) crowd.

EDIT: Now I realize why my sig is never there. Quick reply unchecks it...

Y34HDUD3!!!

Smash Lord
Bah I doubt they'll compete like that. Anyways I own a Wii and my cousin owns a 360, I will probably play both. Brawl still's at the top op mah list.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
Brawl isn't going to bea Halo killer for one main reason:

It's not FPS.

Yes there might be a little competition but I think more poeple would choose Halo since it's online and it's actually good compared to most FPS' we get now.

Right now no game is a Halo killer, just as there isn't a Smash killer.

EDIT: I'd get 'em both, I love Halo and I love Brawl. I respect the opinions of those who don't feel the same way but I think Halo has raised the bar for FPS', they raised it so high that the only Halo killer I can think of is Halo 2.

SirKibbleX

Smash Cadet
I don't think his argument was purely accurate, but he makes a good point:

Remember when PS3 and Wii came out about the same time? Microsoft had a really good idea to save up what was about to be a mega-hit to parry those releases, so that people with 360s would not think to get a Wii also, or so that people trying to decide which to buy might go for the 360 b/c of one game. That game was Gears of War, and it's one of the most intense, fun, and deep 3PS you'll find anywhere. As a result, the PS3 launch kind of fizzled, and a few people I know who were considering Wii60 decided to become pure 360 fans.

Now, its 2007, the main consoles have already launched, XB360 is in full swing, Wii is just hitting its stride, and PS3 is about to ramp up. Microsoft has another ace-in-the-hole, and thats Halo 3. No party has announced release date of its mega-hits yet: PS3 has Metal Gear Solid, XB360 has Halo3, and Wii has Smash Brawl (and, to a lesser degree, Metroid Corruption).

I've a strong feeling that whoever announces release first is going to become the target date for the other two parties, and that's why I think these games precise releases will be nailed down only near the very end of their respective development cycles.

One thing that frightens me somewhat is the Trial Nintendo may have to go through to get their online system rolling. If any of you owned Xboxes or have friends who do, then you'll possibly recall the issues Microsoft went through to get Halo 2 working properly. They basically redesgned XBL just for that game, and every game released since has benefitted. The trouble is, the number of patches, revisions, and issues XBL went through to get to the current level its at now was quite high, and it turned a lot of people off to online play.

Hopefully, Nintendo will release a console-perfect, relatively lag-free (as in no more than a frame or two) version of the game, even though their online system seems relatively unproven.

I'm optimistic though, I think Brawl could give Nintendo a fighting chance at keeping sales up even when Sony's and MS's big-hitting titles start launching.

Neonach

Smash Journeyman
If Brawl has a good online system it'll surely destroy Melee and any chances of me returning to it. I don't really think it's going to hurt Halo 3 at all but to be honest, I am more excited for Brawl when the two are put side by side. It caters more to my inner child. It's like mah mac and cheese with a side of apple sauce. Meh heh. :D

Octillus

Smash Ace
NNID
Octillus
3DS FC
0963-0987-3528
Add Captain N on TV, and then I'm with you all the way, Neonach.

THE PIE

Smash Rookie
Halo 3 is easily going to kill brawl.

if u want multiplayer then halo is the best choice by far. Xboxlive is much better then any other consoles online theres no competition. plus halo is the best multiplayer game ever.

brawl will be fun, halo3 will be ****ing amazing.

GOW is a **** game. no skill involved aiming is piss easy and no weapons take any skill.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
^^ He's right GoW isn't that great, the game glitches like there's no tomorrow [people fall through the stage, walk through boundaries [like mountains]], it's a mess. You get 1 life and once you die you are out.

That is the dumbest thing I've ever heard. Maybe if you had more game variants GoW would be better but it's just another pretty face with no substance.

Back on-topic:

Halo 3 will make waves much like Halo 1 and 2 did, it's up to bungie to make those waves positive or negative.

UNKN{OWN}iXi

Smash Journeyman
You are awesome for posting this, I agree 100% watch out though, calling newbs playing style simple or stupid will get you flamed harsh for your ''elitist'' attitude :laugh:

Meh I don't see how one affects the other, really. Halo is on xbox, Smash bros is on Wii. Personally I like halo and a few xbox games but I will never, ever buy an xbox. I just dont like it as a consol, same goes for a ps3. I like ps2 but the ps3 at the moment is ridiculously expensive.

I will however be getting a wii soon, I have always loved nintendo since childhood so they always hold the #1 spot with me for their sheer focus on gameplay and fun rather than OMFG IT HAZ BETTUR GRAPHICKS!!11ELEVEN

Forget that, games arent about graphics at all. That's why games like Turtles in Time are better than your fancy shmancy gears of war.

/off topic rant about how the video gaming industry is too focused on graphics

I digress though, I don't see how Halo 3 will affect Brawl. EVERY smash player is going to buy or play the game, the super smash bros series is too unique of a franchise to be overlooked especially if you enjoyed the previous titles as heavily as I do.

So yeah halo fans will be halo fans, smash fans will be smash fans and im sure a lot of people will get both games :) .. I dont see either of them having an impact on the other.
LOL this is a very pathetic post, no offense. I 100% disagree with you on the fact that you believe that the other systems focus ONLY on graphics...That being said, that is not why I called your post pathetic.

The reason it's pathetic is simply because you said you will never ever buy an Xbox 360 blah blah, but yet you rant on about how it doesn't focus on gameplay, THEN you have the audacity to mention Gears of War?

LMFAO are you serious? Have you even played Gears of War for more than 5 mins.? The gameplay of this game is just down right ridiculous and AMAZING. One of the best games ever made in many years, except for it's extremely short story. The gameplay is just sick and amazing, as I said before, and anyone who wasn't a complete Nintendo fanboy and has played the game for more than like 2 seconds would realize this.

Also, I completely disagree with the fact that you said Nintendo produces more games with better gameplay. In my opinion, as well as many opinions of respected gaming communities/informers, Gamecube was by far Nintendo's most pathetic excuse of a "next-gen" console. The Wii, sadly, may seem like it might be going down that path too if Nintendo doesn't shapen up and broaden its range with the online community. Come on, this is pathetic that Nintendo hasn't picked up on the new revolutionary technologies that the other systems are obviously picking up on. Ok cool, the wiimote is innovative and fun, but seriously, it's no competition to EVERYTHING Xbox Live has to offer or even the hardware of PS3.

BTW, I love Nintendo and always have, but I'm just being honest. The only games I will ever buy for my Wii are huge Nintendo titles such as Super Mario Galaxy, Super Smash Bros. Brawl, etc., and if there are any other games that will be multi-platformed, such as Spider-Man 3, I will DEFINITELY buy it for Xbox 360 because it offers SOO much more. Nintendo seriously has to make drastic steps to even compete with other killer apps such as Halo 3, etc..

Amaggad

Smash Apprentice
i REALLY REALLY REALLY hope that brawl is the Halo Killer, probably 60% of the reason Xbox and 360 are so big is because of halo and i hope when brawl does kill it, that it will be the end of microsoft producing consoles because they really are pathetic. they wanted GTA vice city stories for 360 launch could get it so a few months later they make their own copy cat game called "Saints Row" wow how original and that goes for resident evil 4 aswell.

CMON BRAWL KILL HALO ! ! ! ! !

LOL this is a very pathetic post, no offense. I 100% disagree with you on the fact that you believe that the other systems focus ONLY on graphics...That being said, that is not why I called your post pathetic.

The reason it's pathetic is simply because you said you will never ever buy an Xbox 360 blah blah, but yet you rant on about how it doesn't focus on gameplay, THEN you have the audacity to mention Gears of War?
I don't see anything wrong with him personally not wanting a system.It is his opinion.

Even though he may mention Gears of War,it doesn't contradict him in anyway.

LMFAO are you serious? Have you even played Gears of War for more than 5 mins.? The gameplay of this game is just down right ridiculous and AMAZING. One of the best games ever made in many years, except for it's extremely short story. The gameplay is just sick and amazing, as I said before, and anyone who wasn't a complete Nintendo fanboy and has played the game for more than like 2 seconds would realize this.
Sir...I own Gears of War,and I must say that the game play was exagerated to the point in which it becomes are farce.During the last 2 E3 conventions that I attened,Gears of Was was a head light title,and at E3 06 is became playable.It was at that point that I began to be sceptical on the initial build of the game engine.Even though play was smooth,it was not practical.But i decided just to wait for the final version of the game.

Upon playing the game,the technical controls,and grapchics engine were improved,and the game was preety enjoyable for a moment.But contrary to popular belief,Gears of War isn't amazing gameplay wise(Not saying that Gears doesn't have a good gameplay engine,just not as revolutionary as Halo's Multiplayer functionality)...only graphically,what was ridiculous was how much hype the game recieved.

Besides the cover and fire tactics and active reload system,everything else isn't as revolutionary.Sure..it's preety fun,but after a while..it gets boring,just as Halo does(Even though for some strange reason,I'm attracted to it again).

Then again..everyone has their own opinions. =D

Also, I completely disagree with the fact that you said Nintendo produces more games with better gameplay. In my opinion, as well as many opinions of respected gaming communities/informers, Gamecube was by far Nintendo's most pathetic excuse of a "next-gen" console. The Wii, sadly, may seem like it might be going down that path too if Nintendo doesn't shapen up and broaden its range with the online community. Come on, this is pathetic that Nintendo hasn't picked up on the new revolutionary technologies that the other systems are obviously picking up on. Ok cool, the wiimote is innovative and fun, but seriously, it's no competition to EVERYTHING Xbox Live has to offer or even the hardware of PS3.
It seems that you are only taking the united states into consideration,and your rant on revolutionary technology is unjustified at best.

Revolutionary-Refers to something that has a major, sudden impact on society or on some aspect of human endeavor.

As far as I am concerned,online gaming is NOT Revolutionary.

If anything is close to revolutionary,it is the Wiimote.I find its ability to pick up signals and various motions from 3rd dimensional space is amazing.

You must even understand that gaming technology has diffirent opinions in other contries; as in japan,the XBOX 360 and PS3 are failures as systems.Technology has diffirent appeals to everyone,not just one category of people.

Don't think of the Wii as a failure because it doesn't appeal to the general public in america.Nintendo is trying to appeal to everyone,and it isn't a difficult task.Sony,on the other hand,has an eye for the marketing demographic for hardware fiends.

BTW, I love Nintendo and always have, but I'm just being honest. The only games I will ever buy for my Wii are huge Nintendo titles such as Super Mario Galaxy, Super Smash Bros. Brawl, etc., and if there are any other games that will be multi-platformed, such as Spider-Man 3, I will DEFINITELY buy it for Xbox 360 because it offers SOO much more. Nintendo seriously has to make drastic steps to even compete with other killer apps such as Halo 3, etc..
What is wrong for buying a system for a Major game?Don't you purchase them to play games?So what is wrong with buying a system for specific games?

Just let me ask you,when the 360 was on the horizon....if Halo was not announced,would there have been anything worth purchasing at the time?Probably not because the system was not at its full roots.So lets just wait until we see what Nintendo can do.

BTW,is it me,or is every good game for the 360 a shooter?(Or atleast alot of them),I need to add more variety to my library.>_>

Tera253

Smash Ace
EDIT: this is an answer to the question at the end of phoenix's post.
yep. computer code time.
if (you hate first person shooters) {
don't get an XBOX or XOBX 360
System.out.print("XBOX sux.")
return XBOX }
else {
get XBOX
System.out.print("ZOMG!!!111oneoneoneeleven XBOX PWNZZZZ") }

Smash will be better since FPS's suck.
that's beside the point though.
wasn't Halo 3 announced for September?
oh, and if Wii sales have already hit 5M, in only 5 months, there's no telling how much longer it will be until Nintendo wipes it's feet on the XBOX mat.
~Tera253~

Tera253

Smash Ace
exactly. Zelda TP was supposed to be out in like july 2005 as opposed to November 2006.
SSBB was supposed to be a launch title.
~Tera253~

IM_A_HUSTLA

Smash Journeyman
i think brawl >>>>> halo 3.

simply because it will be a new game compared to melee. Halo 3 will still be halo
but w/ better graphics, new guns and levels(oooo WOW[/sarcasm])

and it was said earlier that melee is only played by hardcore melee players,

SO NOT TRUE!!!!

i recently went to the bowling alley and the guy at the front desk was messing around and he falcon punched some guy and i laughed and he asked if i played and he sadi yea and so did the other ppl working there

we threw a tourney expecting no more than 20 ppl and we couldnt have the tourney at that time cus of so many ppl , we ended up w/ like 46 or something like that, it turns out more ppl play than expected

oh and gears of war is a good game but the single player is way too easy, and the only multiplayer is on xbox live(which is full of chainsaws and shotguns) and isnt really fun at all after u get the hang of it because its the same stuff over and over and over

now brawl on the other hand will be full of new characters and levels to explore meaning itll take another 5 to 6 years to now everything there is to know about the game while halo3 will most likely be filled w/ hackers and ppl glitching, sniping, and who knows wtf else there will be to mess up the game,

What gameplay glitch ruined smash????!!!(theres plenty of them for halo and gears!!!! )

Zink

Smash Champion
Hrmm... the problem here is that an FPS game appeals to pretty much the entire video game market, and a fighter does not. They are probably going to be the respective bests of their genre, but there are simply more FPS fans than fighter fans.
And don't sell Halo itself short. In addidtion to great graphics and physics, it has good maps, decent gameplay and weapon variety, an actually playable campaign, and top of the list it has a legacy of incredible online. It essentially set the bar for the online FPS.

Shai Hulud

Smash Lord
This thread is hilarious.

Halo 3 is going to sell 10 million copies in like three minutes. Seriously. Brawl is going to sell a lot too, but it will take longer. I waited in line when Halo 2 came out--there were several hundred other people in line with me, in a parking lot at midnight. For Halo 3 it's going to be even more ridiculous.

Smash players just aren't that hardcore. The competitive community is very small. The competitive Halo community is also small, but there is a substantial difference--at least half the people who play Halo think they are extremely good and would consider themselves hardcore Halo fans, even though they run around dual-wielding SMGs or camping the sword spawn. So with Halo, you have the competitive community camping on launch day, as well as the drunken dual-wielding frat boys, whereas with Smash, I can only see the competitive community camping.

Halo 3 is going to sell more copies, regardless of how good Brawl is. It doesn't matter if Halo 3 sucks and Brawl is amazing. They're going to move several million units in preorders alone for Halo 3, because the fans take it on faith that the game will be good. Personally I'm waiting, because I was very disappointed in Halo 2, but I might change my mind depending on impressions from the competitive community regarding the Beta.

Besides, as has been mentioned multiple times already, the games are two completely different genres. A fighter cannot kill an FPS. They have vastly different audiences, and although there is crossover, buying one does not preclude buying the other. Most gamers are not poor. If you can afford next-gen consoles, you can afford to buy both Brawl and Halo 3. If Brawl becomes the "killer app" for Wii, and Halo 3 the "killer app" for the 360, then it could affect system sales during the holiday season--but for those who already own the systems, forking out an extra $50 - $60 for a game isn't going to be a problem.

Furthermore, this entire concept of "Halo killer" is laughable. No game can kill another game. Even if another excellent FPS came out on the 360, it would not kill Halo. Even if it were better--because the FPS fans will just buy both games.

And Goldeneye sucks. Yeah, it was fun when it came out because I was 12 or so, but if you've tried playing it lately you won't be able to reconcile how much you loved the game with how much it sucks. The controls are clanky, the aiming imprecise, the weapons horribly unbalanced, and THERE IS NO JUMP. And the game is very noob-friendly. It has something like 30 degrees of magnetism. It's ****ing ridiculous.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
Guys, get off your high horse as if Smash players are angels and Halo players are Devils. Yes some of you don't like Halo, that's your opinion, I respect that, but it's just ridiculous how you bash other gamers.

Seriously, this is how the end of entertainment comes about, when people like Jack Thompson and his crew of anti-gaming morons try to restrict content they'll look at how gamers react to each other, which is one thing that will be a crippling blow if seriously examined. You can go ahead and bash everything you don't like, but all if does is show how pathetic you can get.

It's no better some of the morons in the Halo community.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
*sigh* I guess now would be as good a time as any to show this comic.

http://fc01.deviantart.com/fs13/f/2007/078/f/9/Halo_3_VS_Wii__s_3_by_Aye_Oasis.png
(Just a joke...don't pester me about it. I like Xbox 360 too.)

But, to be on topic; I believe that Brawl will not be a Halo 3 killer. I'm quite sure that history will repeat itself and both Halo 3 and Brawl will be best sellers for their respective consoles but, Halo 3 will probably still sell more. Just like Halo 2 did 'against' Melee.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
If Xbox has anything over Wii it's third party support. We can bash Xbox till the cows come home but at the end of the day we WILL have less games worth buying and playing than Xbox owners. Not to mention our online sucks [if it even exists yet], oh yeah, and we are still sitting on the kiddy image crap.

I'd like to see you guys name 15 3rd party games for Wii/ GC that are worth playing. I had to buy a PS2 because GC died since last year [oddly enough my GC stopped working too], no good RPGs were coming out, no good FPS', no good racing games. It was pathetic.

Yay 1k posts.

AxemRed

Smash Journeyman
If Xbox has anything over Wii it's third party support. We can bash Xbox till the cows come home but at the end of the day we WILL have less games worth buying and playing than Xbox owners. Not to mention our online sucks [if it even exists yet], oh yeah, and we are still sitting on the kiddy image crap.

I'd like to see you guys name 15 3rd party games for Wii/ GC that are worth playing. I had to buy a PS2 because GC died since last year [oddly enough my GC stopped working too], no good RPGs were coming out, no good FPS', no good racing games. It was pathetic.

Yay 1k posts.
Agreed. I got a PS2 for the same reasons. Almost every good game for the GC was first-party. I don't completely agree with the "less titles" thing- I think the gap is becoming a little smaller- but yeah, there's no reason to bash the xbox like some people are doing here. Hopefully the online will be playable and enjoyable, but to be honest, I'm not expecting anything near as robust as xbl.

EnFerris

Smash Journeyman
This thread is hilarious.

Halo 3 is going to sell 10 million copies in like three minutes. Seriously. Brawl is going to sell a lot too, but it will take longer. I waited in line when Halo 2 came out--there were several hundred other people in line with me, in a parking lot at midnight. For Halo 3 it's going to be even more ridiculous.

Smash players just aren't that hardcore. The competitive community is very small. The competitive Halo community is also small, but there is a substantial difference--at least half the people who play Halo think they are extremely good and would consider themselves hardcore Halo fans, even though they run around dual-wielding SMGs or camping the sword spawn. So with Halo, you have the competitive community camping on launch day, as well as the drunken dual-wielding frat boys, whereas with Smash, I can only see the competitive community camping.

Halo 3 is going to sell more copies, regardless of how good Brawl is. It doesn't matter if Halo 3 sucks and Brawl is amazing. They're going to move several million units in preorders alone for Halo 3, because the fans take it on faith that the game will be good. Personally I'm waiting, because I was very disappointed in Halo 2, but I might change my mind depending on impressions from the competitive community regarding the Beta.

Besides, as has been mentioned multiple times already, the games are two completely different genres. A fighter cannot kill an FPS. They have vastly different audiences, and although there is crossover, buying one does not preclude buying the other. Most gamers are not poor. If you can afford next-gen consoles, you can afford to buy both Brawl and Halo 3. If Brawl becomes the "killer app" for Wii, and Halo 3 the "killer app" for the 360, then it could affect system sales during the holiday season--but for those who already own the systems, forking out an extra $50 - $60 for a game isn't going to be a problem.

Furthermore, this entire concept of "Halo killer" is laughable. No game can kill another game. Even if another excellent FPS came out on the 360, it would not kill Halo. Even if it were better--because the FPS fans will just buy both games.

And Goldeneye sucks. Yeah, it was fun when it came out because I was 12 or so, but if you've tried playing it lately you won't be able to reconcile how much you loved the game with how much it sucks. The controls are clanky, the aiming imprecise, the weapons horribly unbalanced, and THERE IS NO JUMP. And the game is very noob-friendly. It has something like 30 degrees of magnetism. It's ****ing ridiculous.
Pfft. I'm camping, most gamers can't afford both consoles, and I have been a poor gamer most of my life, and I'm about to be one again as I'll be in college. One of my best friends is a poor gamer.

Anyway, I used the term Halo-killer because it's a fairly common thing for FPS makers to brag about. BUT my point was that NIntendo migh want Brawl to compete with Halo, or might not depending onw how strong the game is. And claiming that two Killer-apps won't compete demonstrates a laughable lack of understanding of any kind of market.

If they come out near the same time, they will be competing for attention, mone, and gamers. They will also be selling the consoles to gamers who were waiting for a killer multi-player app. Therefore, many gamers will be laying down 350-450 or 300 dollars for Halo and Brawl, respectively.

They are going to compete. Playing an FPS doesn't preclude playing a fighter, especially when the social experience is so similar. The question is, does Nintendo have the balls to go head-to-head with Microsoft and release BRawl within days of Halo. I don't really think so, but I do think it would be awesome.

Sensai

Smash Master
Nice comic. I like the fact that it was drawn on notebook paper, haha.

As I just got back and don't know where this thread stands, I'm going to repost my position.

I don't think they'll have that much affect on each other. Assuming people have both consoles, they're not going to spare one in favor of the other; they're going to pick up both.

Halo 3 will probably spur sales of the 360 a bit (although most people who enjoy FPSs already have one now), while Brawl will certainly create waves for the Wii. In that respect, Brawl will win. It's going to increase the Wii fanbase more then Halo 3...unless there's a 360 price drop.

On the other hand, due to the fact that there are (and probably will be at this point, too) more 360 owners, Halo 3 will probably sell more.

Burning Lava

Smash Journeyman
Brawl will release this holiday season, meaning November or December, regardless of when Halo 3 launches.

No, I don't know this, per se, but trust me. I've been a Nintendo fan long enough to know this kind of thing. Or at least be able to make an educated guess about it.
Yes, and that's if we're lucky.

(Of course the case could be made that we would be lucky if the game is delayed into 2008 to be made more perfect.)

EDIT: KalimariDark, freakin' awesome sig. FLCL rocks.

Linkster47

Smash Apprentice
:(... Why are you bashing Goldeneye? It's a great game and got FPS's to where they are today. It was the first FPS to feature zoomable weapons, one of the first to feature location damage, and Stealth was an important factor to take in if you wanted to unlock the coolest features (invincibility and invisibility cheats and 007 mode).The level designs and sound are good too. It also has fun multiplayer and is one of the best games of all time on many lists including GameInformer (16th in a list of the top 100 games of all time), GameFAQs (best games of all-time poll placed GoldenEye at 7th), and IGN (In 2005 it was ranked 29th while the Reader's Choice placed it at 7th). The point is, Goldeneye is a great game and is not ****ing ridiculous. I usually don't flame people, but Goldeneye 007 is one of my favorite games of all time and I disagree with what you said about it.

Now that that's out of the way, I don't think there will be much competition between these two games. They are from differant consoles and are differant genres. The people with Wiis will get SSBB, the people with Xboxs will get Halo3, and the people with both will get which ever genre they like, or they will get both eventually if they like both FPS and fighting games. Since I'm a poor gamer and only have a Wii, I'll get Brawl and I'll play Halo3 at my friend's houses.

Burning Lava

Smash Journeyman
Nintendo themselves have said (though somewhat mysteriously) that Brawl comes out after Galaxy.

Also, many people think Nintendo will be releasing one powerhouse per season in the Wii's first year: winter = TLoZ:TP, spring = MP3:C, summer = SMGxy, fall = SSB:B.
What, seriously? Source that, please.
I can't remember the source, but i do remember an interview in which someone said that MP3:C is the appetizer, SMGxy is the main course, and SSB:B is the dessert.

I suppose you could Google "dessert is Super Smash Bros. Brawl" or something.

Apparently BRAWL IS COMING OUT LAST, it's right here if anyone wants a read, though I don't know that anyone was/is/will be terribly surprised.

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6162027.html

One thing to remember though, is let's say we get a mid-fall release date for Mario Galaxy, (assuming MP3 is already out by then) well then that pretty much guarantees Brawl to have a late November to mid-December release. (Unless it turns out to be 2008, which would suck marketing-wise, unless it's pushed back all the way to the holiday season '08.)

Basically, as soon as one (and even more with two) of these big hitters gets a release date, we'll be able to judge much more accurately when we'll be playing Brawl, so release date discussion will be more relevant after any of these other release dates are given. Well, I think I've explained myself enough for one post. :laugh:

EDIT: post script: I love Goldeneye too. Can't say I've really ever been into any other FPS though.

Lit

Smash Ace
um smash is the best game ever.. i mean they only sold the most mutiplayer game in the world so on that note it just explains its self...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom