• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros. Brawl Tournament - July 26, Gamestation in Cornwall, NY

mood4food77

Smash Hero
i might be able to have one team added in there

i dunno though

as long as someone does it with me, it'll be fine, and my other 2 buddies can be a team

iGamestation

Smash Rookie
DUE TO ALL OF YOUR REQUESTS WE HAVE NOW INCLUDED DOUBLES STARTING AT 1:00 P.M.
Please make sure you review the original post for any changes and get your teams together... See you Saturday!

mood4food77

Smash Hero
click on the link that's given, it'll give you the place

also, if someone is looking for a partner, i'll do it with them

why not pictochat, no jungle japes, no GHZ?

nothing is broken about them and they're fun to play on

phish-it

Smash Champion
click on the link that's given, it'll give you the place

also, if someone is looking for a partner, i'll do it with them

why not pictochat, no jungle japes, no GHZ?

nothing is broken about them and they're fun to play on
Pictochat is perfectly fine and should be a counterpick, the water in Jungle Japes really can **** you up, especially if you touch it at the left side, and Green Hill Zone has Walk off edges the which pretty much beg for Dedede to abuse.

mood4food77

Smash Hero
there are many stages taht d3 can abuse, GHZ is one of the lesser ones, d3 cannot CG on slopes

iGamestation

Smash Rookie
ADDRESS IS NOW IN THE TOPIC... Sorry everyone, this is our first time arranging one of these using smashboards/forums. Usually we just put it in the local paper, flyers and word of mouth. Also, Originally our rules stated which maps were banned and not counterpicks. Face it I know we are not going to please everyone but we are going to strive to make it a fun experience for all and we will consider any reasonable suggestions and comments for change in future tournaments. It is now getting to close to change any rules, so at this point what has been posted will carry forward for this tournament and we hope to make future tournamente even better.

mood4food77

Smash Hero
i mean, you could just add at least pictochat to make us happy

it's one itty bitty stage just getting added

Zro

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4356-1415-1117
ADDRESS IS NOW IN THE TOPIC... Sorry everyone, this is our first time arranging one of these using smashboards/forums. Usually we just put it in the local paper, flyers and word of mouth. Also, Originally our rules stated which maps were banned and not counterpicks. Face it I know we are not going to please everyone but we are going to strive to make it a fun experience for all and we will consider any reasonable suggestions and comments for change in future tournaments. It is now getting to close to change any rules, so at this point what has been posted will carry forward for this tournament and we hope to make future tournamente even better.
well if you need help running the brackets and stuff ill be willing to help cus i help run tournaments in NYC

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
well if you need help running the brackets and stuff ill be willing to help cus i help run tournaments in NYC
zro u know i'll help do it cause im pro at it...besides hit me up on aim/text so we can plan this i wanna go

OFY

Sonic main since 08'
Oh btw, is it safe to ban MK's Infinite Cape, I'm also one of the judges this Saturday at this tournament.

mood4food77

Smash Hero
pictochat is not as bad as rainbow cruise who completely screws over like half the cast and gimps everyone

pictochat has things that hurt, but they're easily avoidable (you can make a case for the pirahna plant...but that's not even that bad), basically you have to be hit into them for them to work, it's like teh same at halberd's lazer, also pirate ships bombs are FAR worse than anything pictochat throws at you

but it's you guys running the tournament, so it's your rules

N.OW

Smash Journeyman
I won't be able to stay for singles most likely but i want to go for the teams tournament at least.

Patsie you want to team with me? I am pretty good :).

OFY

Sonic main since 08'
Last post until I go there tommorow, good luck to everyone there!

Pce sleep then this at 1pm

mood4food77

Smash Hero
i might be able to get you one, i'm pretty sure he'd be willing to team up with you

he's not bad, but he's better in teams than in 1 vs. 1s...so he'll be fine

n00b ADAM!

Smash Cadet
**** yo i wish i knew about dis tourney. i heard the pizza up in cornwall is mad good, 40$ a pie ups delivery

Patsie

Smash Journeyman
**** yo i wish i knew about dis tourney. i heard the pizza up in cornwall is mad good, 40$ a pie ups delivery
Yea the place they had there was pretty good, surprising for a town of like 30.

I'm gonna ask for full results today.

Good **** Waltz and Zro, good set.

Thanks for the friendlies, Ophelia, good stuff.

N.OW - Thanks for carrying me in doubles, f'ing amazing Ness. Shoulda stayed for singles.

Fish-it - Intense GW dittos

BlackWaltzX

Smash Lord
Fun games. Sad it was on two consoles. Worse that it was on projector screens.
Kind of ruined my eyes. Also, it puts everyone to sleep. zzz

Fun games. Is there a result page coming up, or no? It's easier to do shout outs with names.

Sol

Smash Lord
not eating all day plus the lighting in that room made me so tired towards teh end

Patsie

Smash Journeyman
Just some suggestions for the next one if you guys are holding it-

more setups = quicker tournament. People will bring their Wiis if you ask, and while the huge screens were awesome, only two made it go kind of slow. Another thing is that it was kind of hard to spectate and not get in the way of the screens.

Also, its not so big of a deal, but generally it's accepted that two stage bans are allowed (one counterpick and one neutral or two counterpicks), i know you said you copied FAST1 but I'm pretty sure they did it that way.

anyway thanks for running it.

n00b ADAM!

Smash Cadet
YO YO YO Stealing isnt all that bad when ur broke and need some weed or maybe a slice of pizza

BlackWaltzX

Smash Lord
YO YO YO Stealing isnt all that bad when ur broke and need some weed or maybe a slice of pizza
Is that Hey Arnold! in your signature?
Also results?

EDIT:: They posted you can ban a stage, however, the older man said we couldn't ban the stage.
If that confused you, the powdered toast man is Ophilia AND the older man. (The guy must have not communicated properly?)

Top Bottom