• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros. Brawl Tournament - July 26, Gamestation in Cornwall, NY

iGamestation

Smash Rookie
Gamestation * 263 Main Street * Cornwall, NY 12518 * Tel: 845-534-1375

Date: Saturday, July 26th
Time: Registration from 11 AM - Last Match of First Round is Completed.
Rules= Stock
Stock = 3
Handicap = Off
Damage Ratio = 1.0
Friendly Fire = On
Self-destruct = -1
Items = Off
Best 2/3
Finals best 3/5

Neutrals:
Battlefield
Final Destination
Yoshi's Island
Lylat Cruise
Smashville

Counterpicks:
Pokemon Stadium 1
Luigi's Mansion
Delfino Plaza
Castle Siege
Pirate Ship
Frigate Orpheon
Halberd
Rainbow Cruise
Brinstar

All other stages are banned

DOUBLES First Match: 1PM
COST: $30 Per Team

SINGLES First Matches: 4 PM
Cost: $15 Per Person

PayPal Information : tgrausso@igamestation.com

Prize Distribution SINGLES and DOUBLES:

70% of the cash goes into the Prize Pool
1st Place Prize: 60% of the Prize Pool
2nd Place Prize: 25% of the Prize Pool
3rd Place Prize: 15% of the Prize Pool
Single Elimination Qualifier (subject to change)
Double Elimination to the Finals

GENERAL RULES

1. No stage may be used twice in a single match in a Best-Of-3 or Best-Of-5 Series. Random stages may be used twice in a Best-Of-7 Series
2. Each player can select one level that will not be played during their set of games after the characters have been selected in the first game. Random stages cannot be knocked out.
3. For the first game of a match, the Judge may call for a double-blind pick. This means that all participating players must tell a judge the character they will use for the first game of the match. Each player is required to use that character in the first game of the match.
4. After each game of a match, the player who lost the previous game may choose the stage for the next games match or elect for it to be chosen randomly. After the stage has been selected, the winner of the previous game may change characters, then the losing player(s) may change characters.
-
SINGLES (1v1)
- No items
- Stall tactics banned (DQ inevitable)

DOUBLES (2v2)
- No items
- Stall tactics banned (DQ inevitable)
- Friendly Fire is ON!

Up to Semi-Finals:
- 1v1, 3 stock, 8 Minute Time Limit
- Best of 3 games
- Random Neutral Stage to start

Semi-Finals & Bracket Finals:
- Best of 5 games

Grand Finals:
- Best of 7 games

Semi Finals:

Full Double Elimination: WINNERS and LOSERS brackets. The winners of the LOSERS bracket goes on to challenge the winners of the WINNERS bracket. In order for the winners of the LOSERS bracket to win the tournament(s), they have to defeat the winners of the WINNERS bracket for the duration of 3 FULL MATCHES.

What that means: for the winners of the LOSERS bracket to win the tournament, they will have to defeat the winners of the WINNERS bracket 3 out of 5 and then 3 out of 5 again. Whereas the winners of the WINNERS bracket will only have to defeat the challengers from the LOSERS bracket 3 out of 5.

SEEDING: RANDOM

phish-it

Smash Champion
Hmm this isn't too far away I sould probably make it with a couple people as well. Any reason it doesn't start until 7 pm though?

Also, you might just want to make a list of the viable counterpic stages too.

OFY

Sonic main since 08'
I'll be at this again. I won the last one that was held in June.

phish-it

Smash Champion
What time would be best for everyone? Starting around 4? Just throw out some times that would be ideal for you and we will work it out.
The earlier the better, actually 4 pm would be fine since this is only singles right? Also, how many set-ups does the venue have? If possible we could probably try to bring one.

SLOWBRO

Smash Rookie
yeah ill pull through cornwall is right around the corner from newburgh 4pm sounds good too

can you just put 15 bills down when u get there it would be easier

iGamestation

Smash Rookie
New start time is 4 pm!

Registration and sign in is from 11 AM - Up until the final match of the first round is played.

It is also PREFERRED that you create your user name and sign up for the tournament on our iGames page, the link to the tournament is: http://www.igames.org/PlayerEventLoc...nEventID=54955

We PREFER that you pre-pay through iGames with PayPal but you do not NEED to pre-pay online through the Paypal on that page as we will allow for payments at the door.

If there are any more questions, feel free to give us a call at: 1-845-534-1375 or visit us at: www.iGamestation.com

We also have an mIRC Gamesurge Channel, which is #Gamestation

Thank you,

Gamestation Staff

iGamestation

Smash Rookie
LOL wtf. Cornwall? I had a friend who lived there. I'm surprised theres even a store in cornwall big enough to hold a tourney hahaha
It's near the shed out back next to the outhouse. We should be able to fit 1 in at a time, why do you think we wanted to start after 7pm? We were kind of hoping the the sun would be down. All kidding aside we are in the old firehouse on Main Street. About a 1000 Square ft. of gaming space. Big enough for a modest tournament.

iGamestation

Smash Rookie
If you can show us there is enough interest in doubles, we will seriuosly consider it. We want to make these events all about fun and provide a venue that everyone can enjoy themselves in with a little competition and a good time.

phish-it

Smash Champion
If people say they are coming in this thread, it's pretty safe to assume the majority of them will be attending the tournament anyway. Meh, I'll register on that page if you need us too though.

Patsie

Smash Journeyman
I might go, but 2 hours there and two hours back might stop me from going.

I don't know if you should make people register online. I know it gives a good indication of who's coming, but you'd be surprised at how lazy some Smashers are when it comes to doing extra stuff besides showing up (including myself :laugh: ).

OFY

Sonic main since 08'
Bring Zro if you coming phish-it. And make sure you guys do sign up on igames, I already did :)

Zro

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4356-1415-1117
haha u heard ophelia, bring me over there phish-it. and if there is teams, u should team with me =]

please let there be doubles... i know at least 4 people that want doubles

Patsie

Smash Journeyman
This iGames site kinda sucks a lot, please don't judge whether to hold it off of the amount of people registered. If you don't hold it, can you post here so that I don't make a 3 hour round trip to find out it was canceled?

I'm gonna try to go but it's pretty late-running for me.

OFY

Sonic main since 08'
I just talked to the owner of the LAN center, just PM to confirm you guys are coming since you guys are having problems registering on iGames.

phish-it

Smash Champion
Since the venue is available and registration begins as early as 11 AM, why not have teams at 1 pm and then singles right after? Pretty much everyone who plays singles will enter teams.

Sol

Smash Lord
one time a guy was facing a murt in tourny and he asked me "what do i do if i got hit by an fsmash. i told him"die""

mood4food77

Smash Hero
i'm bringing 2 other friends with me

OMG IS MOOD4FOOD HITTING A TOURNEY!!!!

IT'S TRUE, IT'S TRUE

FOR I AM NOT SCARED OF A MURT MURH!!!!

and yes, if you get hit by a fsmash, you die

Zro

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4356-1415-1117
Since the venue is available and registration begins as early as 11 AM, why not have teams at 1 pm and then singles right after? Pretty much everyone who plays singles will enter teams.
quoted for truth

i can garentee that there will b at LEAST 6 teams there

Pmac

Smash Cadet
hey I think i may try to bring members of my crew to this tournament.

do you all live near cornwall? my friends and I live in Minisink, and we're fairly competitive.

iGamestation

Smash Rookie
If you guys can guaruntee 6 teams we will start get it together and start Teams at 1:00 as requested by so many of you already... I will get back to you on rules and price.

Zro

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4356-1415-1117
so i recommend people saying who they will be teaming with so he can get an idea of who will be atending =]

Top Bottom