• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros. Advance

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
I have Experience and Skill,your the one who needs to get a warning for being an ***.
I was talking about experience and skill with Game Maker, genius.

i dont care,and pokelover980,you werent nice at all at first,everyone went ape**** just becuz i said i would make it with scratch,so everyone,instead of going ape**** about what im gonna use to make the game,why cant we just discuss and all about the game?thats all i wanted at the start.
No one went ape****, we were just telling you that you CAN'T make a decent Smash Bros. game with Scratch. Why should we discuss a game that is never going to be released?

Firt of all,I DID know,and read the posts again,they said stuff like I have no skill or experience,or I couldnt use scratch to use the game,even though i can.
People were telling you how you can't make a game with GAME MAKER. No one said anything about your ability to use Scratch.

like i said all i want is to just discuss the game and all,but everyones going ape****
Don't double post, the edit button is there for a reason.
No one is going ape****. I think you are the only person on this thread who has even sworn. There is no point discussing a game that you will never finish.

Get over your ego for a second and look at the replies in this thread. Notice how NO ONE (except you) thinks that you can pull this off? Notice how NO ONE (again, except you) thinks that Scratch can be used to make half decent games?

It's not a coincidence, you have no idea how many times I have seen threads like these appear on forums. If you want people to take you seriously, you NEED to give people an example of your dedication/skill/experience/etc...

If you look at the link to "Deviant" in my signature (shameless plug), notice how much information I have about the game? And how people ARE discussing it? Take notes.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Ok really, there's absolutely nothing up displaying your work besides a website and there isn't even a decision as to whether or not you'll switch to GM, something that's at least fairly reliable and will actually get you somewhere with this already doomed project.

Honestly, I'd lock it by this point until you get things settled out.

Smash0holic

Smash Apprentice
I was talking about experience and skill with Game Maker, genius.

No one went ape****, we were just telling you that you CAN'T make a decent Smash Bros. game with Scratch. Why should we discuss a game that is never going to be released?

People were telling you how you can't make a game with GAME MAKER. No one said anything about your ability to use Scratch.

Don't double post, the edit button is there for a reason.
No one is going ape****. I think you are the only person on this thread who has even sworn. There is no point discussing a game that you will never finish.

Get over your ego for a second and look at the replies in this thread. Notice how NO ONE (except you) thinks that you can pull this off? Notice how NO ONE (again, except you) thinks that Scratch can be used to make half decent games?

It's not a coincidence, you have no idea how many times I have seen threads like these appear on forums. If you want people to take you seriously, you NEED to give people an example of your dedication/skill/experience/etc...

If you look at the link to "Deviant" in my signature (shameless plug), notice how much information I have about the game? And how people ARE discussing it? Take notes.
I will finish,It WILL BE MADE!!!!!Shut the **** up!Stop ranting me you mother ****er!I'm sick of you doubting me!Go **** someone else's topic.

The only reason people are discussing you game is because your not trying to make it look bad.

dirtboy345

Smash Ace
I will finish,It WILL BE MADE!!!!!Shut the **** up!Stop ranting me you mother ****er!I'm sick of you doubting me!Go **** someone else's topic.
dude you need to calm down first off it's a game second off you can't blame people for doubting this project

Smash0holic

Smash Apprentice
dude you need to calm down first off it's a game second off you can't blame people for doubting this project
Yes yes i can,the only reason i cant calm down is cuz everyone is doubting this project.you don't see all this ranting on other fan game topics do you?why me?cuz almost everyone in this topic is a jerk.(except 4nace)

dirtboy345

Smash Ace
this is like the 100th time we have all seen this and the more people try to explain the angrier you get about it

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
Calm down. It's only a game. It doesn't matter. It has no bearing in real life. Take two deep breaths.

Cool?

Yes yes i can,the only reason i cant calm down is cuz everyone is doubting this project.you don't see all this ranting on other fan game topics do you?why me?cuz almost everyone in this topic is a jerk.(except 4nace)
The reason you don't see people doubting other fan-game topics is because they have something to show. My project, Deviant, has truck-loads of information in the OP, and a alpha on the way. All of the other SSB projects have large teams working on them, and demos.

You have NO idea how many projects that start like this never get off their feet, for example:
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=47981

And that was just ONE result on the FIRST PAGE of googling "SSB fangame"

So, your check-list should be:
• Get over yourself. People are doubting you with reason, we aren't all jerks.
• Don't be such an *** about it, seriously, insulting me on my profile? This ties in with the first point.
• Give us something to actually discuss. Whether it be a more detailed description, or even better, an actual demo/in-game screenshots/etc...

Smash0holic

Smash Apprentice
Give us something to actually discuss. Whether it be a more detailed description, or even better, an actual demo/in-game screenshots/etc...
I will soon,but for now I just wanna talk about the roster before I get some things together like pics and rosters.

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
I will soon,but for now I just wanna talk about the roster before I get some things together like pics and rosters.
You just need to understand that with no guarantee this project will be finished, and considering all the similar projects that were never finished, no one will use up their time discussing an aspect of a game they know nothing about and have no guarantee will actually exist.

With that said though, I look forward to seeing any updates on this.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Then it's official. You have nothing to display of your game and this thread needs to be locked in that case.

Tinnitus

Smash Apprentice
im making a demo soon.leave me alone for now.
you should have made a demo then made the thread with a download link, then you would have gotten all the discussion you wanted because you would have had proven progress.

Stop being angry at everyone.

I hope the demo is fun and I look forward to it.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
I'm finding it very hard to take him seriously seeing how he's stated himself to be 12 years old.

Sorry to sound rude, but I still have no idea why this topic is still open. There have been numerous warning signs that this will never reach completion.

SolidSnake141

Smash Cadet
One word sums up my thoughts for this thread. Wow.

SmashOholic, you are just getting way too angry over help and comments that weren't intentionally angry messages. No one was trying to make you mad, they were just telling you advice and tips, but you took it way way wrong and decided to, like Gamedominator06 said, act like a 12 year old child (or younger). Even if they were being *******s, which they aren't, you are no better to act how you are. It makes you look really childish is all. :|

Personally, I say if this thread has no real progress in a page or two from now, it should be closed because if it's not had any development by then, it's more then likely gonna go nowhere. Just saying.

Smash0holic

Smash Apprentice
One word sums up my thoughts for this thread. Wow.

SmashOholic, you are just getting way too angry over help and comments that weren't intentionally angry messages. No one was trying to make you mad, they were just telling you advice and tips, but you took it way way wrong and decided to, like Gamedominator06 said, act like a 12 year old child (or younger). Even if they were being *******s, which they aren't, you are no better to act how you are. It makes you look really childish is all. :|

Personally, I say if this thread has no real progress in a page or two from now, it should be closed because if it's not had any development by then, it's more then likely gonna go nowhere. Just saying.
I was getting mad at them for doubting me.

Life

Smash Hero
^Everyone gets doubted. That's life. Just gotta shake it off, it's your reaction that's getting all the hate. (And lots of projects have similar starts to yours and go nowhere, that doesn't help.)

Anyway, I look forward to a demo/alpha. Once that comes out we'll be much more convinced of your drive to complete the game.

Smash0holic

Smash Apprentice
I'm gonna make a Demo soon,but not now.I'll make a Demo once I finish this other Smash Game I'm making called Smash Bros. Atari,and to show you I'm actually making progress with this other Game(I'm working on it right now)here's a Screen Shot I took.

JediKnightTemplar

Smash Lord
Why are you starting a new game when you've made little to no progress on this one? Choose a project and stick with it, doing multiple games at once will only make completion an even more Herculean task.

Smash0holic

Smash Apprentice
This game doesn't work at all!

I pushed literally every button on the computer and can't get past the title screen!
You have to download it and open it with Scratch.

And Konstar Girl,theres a Download button at the Top Right of the Screen.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
A few tips.

People mentioned Game Maker here. It can work very well and make some good games if your dedicated. Just remember that it can only do 2 players are far as I understand.

The other is a design thing. Please, for the love of God, think hard about roster choices. Too often I see horrible rosters coming out for these games (the king of course is Smash Flash). Smash Brothers works because Sakurai takes careful consideration with the characters. This is why Brawl never went overboard with third party characters. I can tell you now that if your roster includes Pac-Man and Spiderman, it isn't going to work.

Jaklub

Smash Journeyman
People mentioned Game Maker here. It can work very well and make some good games if your dedicated. Just remember that it can only do 2 players are far as I understand.
Not really right, it natively supports 2 pads, but it allows user to use custom dlls. You could write custom pad input in C++ and smack it into GM as well.

Anyway, why are people still posting here. The project hasn't been updated in long time.

Alonguy

Smash Rookie
If I may add my advice,
I think it's better to start with original ideas, then move on to fangames.
Original games aren't for the experience, it's more of a motivation thing.
It gives me more motivation to learn when I'm doing my own stuff.
I had to learn the hard way. (Check out my Youtube channel:
It's full of failed fangames.)
But that's just me.

dirtboy345

Smash Ace
lol why did you bump this? just to say that i didn't get any farther than anyone expected? lol

Top Bottom