• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Why don't we call him a prophet like the good 'ol days.

Everything seemed so much grander with our mystical titles

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
The AT thing gives it away completely (:charizard:), anyway like I've said in the past, the speculators here could come up with a much better rumor/"leak" than these other sites.

vicgur

Smash Ace
It's simply terrible.
I didn't like anything in that.
Seriously. Not a single thing in it.
Not even playable Bowser Jr. made this enjoyable.
It completely rules out the "too good to be true" rule.

Guys... It may be real.

EDIT: It's also funny how the guy got fired and said "**** that ****, I'm gonna tell everything I know to my friend even though I'll probably get beat up by the Nintendo Ninjas for it! I don't care, I was fired for the wrong reasons or whatever!"

EDIT_2: I'm imagining Sakurai and some guys talking about the roster:
Guy: "We should put Isaac."
Sakurai: "NO!"
Guy: "Why not?"
Sakurai: "It's a very important rule I made up and we all should follow it. We SHALL NOT make any of Brawl's NPCs playable in this one. Even if they're the fans' favorites."
Guy: "Makes perfect sense, milord."

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I thought they were saying either demanding gods or abandon gods or something.

Apparently the song also says "Santa Claus"

Kirbunny431

Smash Journeyman
That rumor is terrible. The true agony about it is that the good rumors never turn out true, but knowing my luck this one awful rumor will be the real one.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
I've still seen people who think that Sakurai claiming Assist Trophy characters "couldn't quite cut it" for Brawl's roster means they have no shot this time around as well...

Funnily enough, one of the forum regulars made a joke thread about him interning at Sora Ltd. a few days ago, so it seems as though this "prophet" just couldn't help himself from taking the idea and running with it.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Oh my goodness I'm glad the social groups are gone for now so Toise never has to see that nickname I should have never thought up.

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
Lol I love how to make these news look real they always put a character nobody expected because it's mysteriously non-existent for now. First Debu, now this new Pokémon...

Mypantisgone

Smash Lord
We got a new Haliburton, lol.
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/633202-super-smash-bros-wii-u/65519577

GameFaqs seems to be wisening up, as barely anyone believes it, and are instead challenging it.

Unlike Haliburton, this guy didn't set up a timeframe that would kill it outright. However, he DID give mention of a character that supposedly exists outside of fan knowledge. With Haliburton, it was "Debu", with this guy, it's a new 6th Gen Pokemon called "Centuriake".
This is so terrible.I need to make a list.

• Characters cut for no reasons in beggining of development,no one to replace them.
  • Charizard was a Pokeball as stated before.
  • Sakurai is not taking much care of the roster even right now.
  • The E3 trailer is done pretty early to me.

Correct me if I'm wrong but was Namco joining at the time?

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
This AshtonAaron guy posted yesterday on his topic trying to "prove" his "information". First the usual sorry for being AFK for a while and LITERALLY posts the exact same stuff from his first post with absolutely nothing new or different. He is aware of people pointing out Charizard and claims it doesn't count due to being a moveset of the Pokémon Trainer rather than a full character.

Bull. Crap!

EDIT: Plus a large number of the Brawl newcomers appeared in Melee in the form of Trophies (plus King Dedede flying in the background of the Dream Land stage) making his arguments even more invalid. It's best to ignore this guy.

RomanceDawn

Smash Lord
NNID
Romancedawn
3DS FC
0044-2811-9045
This is so terrible.I need to make a list.

• Characters cut for no reasons in beggining of development,no one to replace them.
  • Charizard was a Pokeball as stated before.
  • Sakurai is not taking much care of the roster even right now.
  • The E3 trailer is done pretty early to me.

Correct me if I'm wrong but was Namco joining at the time?
Just jumping in, not sure what context this question was asked. But for a general answer to your question, logic would say Namco was on board creating their prototype before or right around Uprisings release. Of course I remember Sakurai's words about no work being done on the game until Uprisings completed but just judging by the partnership and prototype announcement, corporate nonsense including development was going on in the back ground for a while.

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
so he defended something sent to him via e-mail in an attempt to validate the charizard pokeball thing by claiming charizard is a moveset in and of himself? sounds to me like a closed minded person who doesn't want his "friend" to be wrong despite admitting he could be wrong.

Ultra_(MQJ3)

Smash Cadet
NNID
WALI78
3DS FC
3368-2165-5005
As basic as a statement as this sounds, I'd just hate to see Charizard locked back up in a pokeball. I suppose they could at least throw him in a great ball or somethin..

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
dude, this guy is definitely legit. He knows that the roster is finalized. Only someone deeply nested within the studio could know something like that.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
- He knows the roster was made around the following idea: If a character was represented in a past game as anything other than a playable character (assist trophy, boss, poke ball), then they weren't considered to be playable characters. This debunks characters like Ridley, Isaac, Waluigi, and, most unfortunately, Little Mac
So basically the roster revolves around characters that aren't playable

seemslegit.jpg

D

Deleted member

While I'm not believing an ounce of this rumor (too early for a legit leak), people are misunderstanding the Charizard argumentation.
The rumor is saying that this roster excludes characters that have never been playable at all, but have been in the game as a summon or boss. It seems to have been worded incorrectly though, as the way it is said makes it seem like Trophies are included.
It's NOT saying that every roster was made with that mentality; meaning the Charizard example doesn't exactly work just because he made the jump to playable character from Poke Ball.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Yeah, it doesn't say Sakurai had this mentality for every game, JUST this game.

Saying "Charizard" isn't proof, because Charizard wasn't added in THIS game

It's still fake though

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom