• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Demna

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1478-4225-1103
I'm not sure if this has been brought up before, but what items would you guys like to see added/removed/return?
Hey McDuckletts, and welcome to Smashboards. There are other topics that discuss items in general for Smash 4.

In this thread we only talk about Smash4-related topics only.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I agree 100%.
If the Smoke Ball isn't the most useless item ever in Smash history, then I just don't know what is.
The Cloaking Device was a rather annoying one.

Hardly works right, glitches up when you attack, revealing your location. While it may prevent damage, knockback is not affected. Also, CPUs can still tell where you are, but it's hard to tell where they are when they use it.

IT's only truly useful in Multi-player.

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
Thanks for the birthday comments, guys.

I'm not sure if this has been brought up before, but what items would you guys like to see added/removed/return?
Return?
ALL OF THEM.

Truth is, the only thing I really want is Bowser's Castle. I just thought it would be funny to mention how every villain has his own castle[and then there's Wolf, who couldn't even afford his own Final Smash]
Wario had enough money to afford his own planet. (although that isn't the canon ending)

BOWSER'S CASTLE, ****ING FUND IT!
Bowser needs both a castle stage and an airship stage.
Bowser's Castle needs to be as large as Temple, possibly larger, while Airship Armada should be a side-scrolling stage and act like the airships in the original SMB3.

And have these as music tracks for Bowser's Castle:

Castle/Boss Fortress (SSBB)
Mario & Luigi 2: Bowser Battle

Bowser Battle Medley (mashup of Super Mario All-Stars, Super Mario Bros 3, Super Mario World, and New Super Mario Bros.)

Mario Kart 64: Bowser's Castle
Super Mario 64: Koopa's Road
Super Mario Galaxy 2: Bowser's Galaxy Generator
Super Mario Galaxy 2: Final Bowser Battle
Possibly some tracks from Bowser's Inside Story, and a mashup of Bowletta's battle theme and The Last Cackletta from Superstar Saga, if there isn't a Mario & Luigi stage.
---

As for Airship Armada: (if Bowser Jr. got in, this would be his home stage)

Airship Theme (SSBB)
Super Mario Sunshine: Corona Mountain
Mario Kart DS: Airship Fortress
New Super Mario Bros: Tower

Both Bowser stages should be unlockable, because that much awesomeness needs to be earned.
That is the only true justice.

---

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Thanks for the birthday comments, guys.

(videos chopped to shorten the quote length)

Both Bowser stages should be unlockable, because that much awesomeness needs to be earned.
That is the only true justice.

---
I'd kind of like a medley of several Bowser's Castle themes from Mario Kart. (64, GC, and Wii)

All of these tracks are excellent choices.

Everytime I would pick a Bowser's Castle stage, I would always choose Bowser. Same goes for the Airship and Bowser Jr.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Add the Kid Icarus Smart Bomb, improved compared to Starfox's, where it lasts a bit longer, and you can't DI out of it. In turn, it will stop expanding after like 1.5 seconds, but the explosion still lasts for another 1.5 seconds. It's a purplish pink explosion btw.

Maybe the Boom Spear. It acts like a slow-moving homing projectile that pierces through targets before exploding to do great damage. The projectile itself will explode if it's been out (after being thrown) for too long, or if it takes damage.
Honestly, Uprising has a lot of nice potential items.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
I agree with getting rid of the smoke ball and cloaking device, (or at least change them). Never saw a use for them, (though the smoke ball was admittedly pretty).

It will be interesting to see what new pokemon they decide to use for the pokeball items in this smash game. I wonder if people were to react negatively if they included the vanilitie line as a random pokemon to appear...I myself would be happy.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I agree with getting rid of the smoke ball and cloaking device, (or at least change them). Never saw a use for them, (though the smoke ball was admittedly pretty).

It will be interesting to see what new pokemon they decide to use for the pokeball items in this smash game. I wonder if people were to react negatively if they included the vanilitie line as a random pokemon to appear...I myself would be happy.
Another newcomer. Welcome! :grin:

I'd personally like to see Luxray or Empoleon. (that's just because those are my favorite Pokemon in Pearl though)

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
Another newcomer. Welcome! :grin:

I'd personally like to see Luxray or Empoleon. (that's just because those are my favorite Pokemon in Pearl though)
Thank you! :D

Those would be some pretty cool Pokemon.

In the gen 5 department, Whimiscott would be pretty cool. So would Cofagrigus. <3

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
View attachment 1577
Sea bass would be interesting. Can't say I wouldn't be surprised. I would like more items other than the pitfall seed from the animal crossing series. It does have some potential for sure.
If it works. Honestly, I can't think of a better choice than everybody's least favorite fish.(okay, most)

I'm now convinced the Sea Bass is what drove the Villager to his muderous intentions.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
What about a Tanuki leaf item from animal crossing

You throw it and it turns into a random piece of furniture, that have different effects

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
What about a Tanuki leaf item from animal crossing

You throw it and it turns into a random piece of furniture, that have different effects
Like maybe a chair might get in the way, a lamp could shine a light that deflect projectiles and other items, and maybe a music item could cause damage. Yeah, that sounds awesome actually.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Like maybe a chair might get in the way, a lamp could shine a light that deflect projectiles and other items, and maybe a music item could cause damage. Yeah, that sounds awesome actually.
What if a storage item would capture any items close to it or thrown at it, and will release them in a pile when it despawns?

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
What if a storage item would capture any items close to it or thrown at it, and will release them in a pile when it despawns?
So it's an Empty Pokeball? :troll:

But what item, though? I can't think of many that has a single drawer(which is what I'd use). Wasn't there a Safe?

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
That also sounds pretty good. It would also be cool if, after a certain amount of items, it just overflows and despawns automatically.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
So it's an Empty Pokeball? :troll:

But what item, though? I can't think of many that has a single drawer(which is what I'd use). Wasn't there a Safe?
Anything works that'd stick out among others.

I own a Golden Closet (someting like that) in City Folk, that's the only container item I know about, though obviously theres more.

Also, there should be a rare chance for a retro item, like a Bullet Bill Cannon.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
After searching EVERY house in the HHA, I FINALLY found one that had a phonograph.

Fastblade5035

Smash Master
NNID
gnic2322
3DS FC
0645-6032-2207
@ Psycho
That's funny, Knox offered it to me for like... 1,250 bells, and I refused. Lol.

Also, MNU is gonna be AFTER the Daily pic today. Just a notice, as it hasn't been posted yet.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Anything works that'd stick out among others.

I own a Golden Closet (someting like that) in City Folk, that's the only container item I know about, though obviously theres more.

Also, there should be a rare chance for a retro item, like a Bullet Bill Cannon.
Anything could work. A safe is funnier, imo.

Also, maybe the items should be specific to AC only? Bullet Bill would be too much of a Mario reference. Or maybe it could work for series repped in AC but not Smash. Then again, I could see picking up a Locker, opening it, and watching something happen. One of the Dragonflies could knock over a person. A Shark could bite someone. A Bee could sting, and so on. Or it could be a regular Container like the box and you could pull out any random regular item(that is, a holdable one).

Fastblade5035

Smash Master
NNID
gnic2322
3DS FC
0645-6032-2207
I hope we get an Arena Ferox pic today. I'm in love with that stage.

Nope, Olimar closeup. Eh.

SAKURAAAAAAIIII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom