• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
People are double posting a lot lately...

As for that Debu guy, come to think of it. I don't recall seeing any trailer of that Yarn Yoshi game during E3. Is there one?

Mr.Showtime

Smash Ace
2422 VR on Mario Kart 7. I hope to get to 2700 tonight.

If anyone cares. :p

That game is purely balanced on luck....I can't see how it is competitive. There is a mechanic there that slows you down if you are in first place.....eh.....why? lol

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
There are certain days where this GIF is absolutely appropriate in describing this thread. I think today is one of those days.

On a related note, I thought more of you all would be talking about this:

http://www.polygon.com/2013/6/26/44...es-mega-man-smash-bros-s-other-new-characters
Undaunted, Sakurai soldiered on, devoting most of the column to his reasoning for choosing the three new characters revealed at E3: Mega Man, the Animal Crossing villager, and the Wii Fit trainer. "A lot of people understood Mega Man," he wrote, "but they kept asking me 'Why did you go for the villager and the Wii Fit trainer?', Neither of them are fighting characters, certainly. In fact, we had previously removed the villager from Super Smash Bros. Brawl in the planning stages because he wasn't suited for battle."

The director explained the more unlikely choices by discussing the core behind what makes him decide whether a character is suitable for Smash Bros. or not. "Something I think that people noticed in the movies and screenshots released," he wrote, "is that the villager and trainer were not choices we made for the sake of cheap novelty. Each has their own unique attacks and battle strategies, and they make the game more interesting. If I have an image of a character in my mind that dances around and jibes with what I want, then that's the most important thing. On the other hand, even if you have a character suited for a fighting game, if you can't make him stick out from the pack and extract something unique from him, then what can you do?"

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
There are certain days where this GIF is absolutely appropriate in describing this thread. I think today is one of those days.

I recall that guy getting arrested for something a while after that news report. Who's the dumb one, now? XD

I don't think today was as weird as that one night were I was in a discussion about animal penises, though.

D

Deleted member

You must be new. Welcome to Hell, please enjoy your stay!
I know that the Smash community has already turned into hell, but I just got a big reminder that this hell also extends to= this forum.

Also hi AuraSage. Missed having you around.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Ice Climbers cannot play the same way as before because of the 3DS limitations. De-syncing is too complicated. Instead de-syncing will be prevented by having Nana and PoPo don a two-man horse costume. White of course to represent the chilling horror of an ice horse.

D

Deleted member

I love how Sakurai is emphasizing on uniqueness a lot for this game in regards to characters. We can see this as all three newcomers pop to life in the game and it's not just watching a character, but immersing yourself in them.

I absolutely love how Mega Man is turning out. I've said he would be my main if he got in the game and I'm more than confident in that statement. Seriously, he looks and play amazingly.

Mr.Showtime

Smash Ace
You clearly don't play Mario Kart enough.

Lol, Mario Kart was created with a "anyone can win" mindset. You clearly do not understand how game design and immersion work. This is actually pretty relevant to Smash now that I see it. That same idea is being transferred to the Smash series since Brawl. Of course its a lot more difficult to do the same thing to a fighting game unless everyone had a Lucario "aura" ability.

The only thing that I would consider competitive are single player time trails and aiming to get the fastest record on a track. There is too much randomness involved in Mario Kart. Items (which are totally random...oh hey isn't this the same reason we don't like items in Smash?) and the person in first gets a reduced max speed making anyone behind them catch up. (Oh that's why when I'm in first place by 2000 kilometers people catch up to me pretty quickly!?)

As a fun game...sure, its freaking awesome. Competitive....I don't think there is even a point to care. If you do though, I guess you are part of the 1%? Maybe 2?

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
I love how Sakurai is emphasizing on uniqueness a lot for this game in regards to characters. We can see this as all three newcomers pop to life in the game and it's not just watching a character, but immersing yourself in them.

I absolutely love how Mega Man is turning out. I've said he would be my main if he got in the game and I'm more than confident in that statement. Seriously, he looks and play amazingly.
I hope so.
I can't say I'm surprised that he has his NES sound effects, seeing as similar things were done with the Ice Climbers and Sonic.

Jedisupersonic

Eight Leaves One Kame Style
NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566

He looks pretty dang fun thats for sure. I can't wait to try him out. Probably mentioned this before but I love how they took moves from more then just Megaman 2 ^^; I'm an oddball who likes 7 and 8 most of the Classic games [I overall enjoy the X series more] but to see the Slash Claw and Flame Sword among all his more iconic moves was nice

Platsy

Smash Mouth
NNID
Cyani-Oxide
Ice Climbers cannot play the same way as before because of the 3DS limitations. De-syncing is too complicated. Instead de-syncing will be prevented by having Nana and PoPo don a two-man horse costume. White of course to represent the chilling horror of an ice horse.

And they'll still somehow find a way to chaingrab.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465

Yes, Sakurai seems to placing a lot of emphasis on unique characters. Granted, he always has, even though we ended up with characters like Dr. Mario and Toon Link. Somehow I really believe this time around we'll see some pretty fantastic additions. This might bode well for Ridley.

D

Deleted member

Yes, Sakurai seems to placing a lot of emphasis on unique characters. Granted, he always has, even though we ended up with characters like Dr. Mario and Toon Link. Somehow I really believe this time around we'll see some pretty fantastic additions. This might bode well for Ridley.
It seems interesting that he's putting an especially large amount of focus on uniqueness this time when it comes to adding characters. I think King K. Rool will also benefit from the increased focus on uniqueness because of his personality and his huge move set potentials.

Platsy

Smash Mouth
NNID
Cyani-Oxide
I'm hoping for Palutena or Little Mac. They're the only ones that I like that have a high chance of getting in.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Lol, Mario Kart was created with a "anyone can win" mindset. You clearly do not understand how game design and immersion work. This is actually pretty relevant to Smash now that I see it. That same idea is being transferred to the Smash series since Brawl. Of course its a lot more difficult to do the same thing to a fighting game unless everyone had a Lucario "aura" ability.

The only thing that I would consider competitive are single player time trails and aiming to get the fastest record on a track. There is too much randomness involved in Mario Kart. Items (which are totally random...oh hey isn't this the same reason we don't like items in Smash?) and the person in first gets a reduced max speed making anyone behind them catch up.

As a fun game...sure, its freaking awesome. Competitive....I don't think there is even a point to care. If you do though, I guess you are part of the 1%? Maybe 2?
Yes. It takes no skill to stay at first place. It takes no skill to know what bump can stop a red shell. It takes no skill to use drift bashing appropriatly. It's all luck. That was what I was commenting on. Might as well say Meta Knight pros are just lucky. Because they know how to play the character.

I'm not saying Mario Kart was built for competitive play. But it sure as hell ain't running on luck. The item boxes are nerfed at higher positions and the karts themselves must be modified to the users liking. I've played Mario Kart for many years, and I never held a four leaf clover to be good. How Mario Kart was made to play is different from how it is played.

Jedisupersonic

Eight Leaves One Kame Style
NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
Only if you are an Ambassador, mind.

If you have a 3DS you could also go for Fire Emblem Awakening, it was a very enjoyable game. :)
Right forgot that it was Ambassador only. Also yeah Awakening is really good. ^^. I'd recommend all the games in the series but I'd be here all day.

I kind of lost my PIN on my 3DS. :facepalm: Do I need to set up my DS before I can play a GBA game on it? Anything special I need to do?
A DS could just play a GBA game.. I don't recall having to set it specially for it ^^;

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
I've always said that a character should offer something as a way to make them, otherwise a character is not going to be worth the endeavor. It's pretty much common sense, but at the same it's one of those details that still makes you stop and think for a second.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Guys, I just came up with the ULTIMATE newcomer for Smash 4!

Scrapper from Skyward Sword!
There are so many characters he could beat just by calling them Master Shortpants! He'd be broken!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom