• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Terrazi Terrajin

Smash Ace
My mine gripe with the N64 is the controller as well.
I got one second hand off my friend, my god games were unplayable to me at the time. The sticks ate away at themselves.

volbound1700

Smash Master
With the N64 though it is hard to argue against its library of software between the Rare games (Goldeneye, Diddy Kong Racing, DK 64, Banjo-Kazooie, Conker, Perfect Dark), the two Legend of Zelda classics, Mario 64, Mario Kart 64, Star Fox 64, and the original Smash.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Xbox One (stupid name) isn't backwards compatible and requires fees for used games? As someone who bought Zelda: Wind Waker (with Ocarina) and Zelda: Collector's Edition used, I give Xbox One a Frostwraith Seal of Disapproval.

On previous posts/subjects:

Kid Icarus: Uprising is one of the best games I've played and the soundtrack is godly. (Pun intended or whatever)

Ridley should be in Smash 4 or everyone sane will go bananas.

I agree with Manly on the difficulty of making retro-compatible hardware. There's a reason why the most recent Wiis don't have GameCube compatibility.

That ZSS concept art translation posted by Horsetail was funny.

...And that's all. Tune in next time for more crazy talk only on SmashBoards!

volbound1700

Smash Master
One thing that sold me on the Wii was the fact we could play Gamecube games on it. I already had a Gamecube I bought for its cheap price and at the time wanted to play NCAA football (I was strictly a PC gamer in HS and early college). I didn't get back into console gaming (I did grow up on a NES and SEGA Genesis), until I played Smash 64 with a friends up in Maine all weekend. When I got back home, I went out and got Melee for the Gamecube and then started getting Mario/Zelda games and got back into Nintendo again.

Before I was about Civilization, Age of Empires, Total War, Blizzard games, etc.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
Ok the controller imo was perfect! Loved it! It was like made for FPS's also Mario Kart was no problem...dunno thats just me...also i kinds hate Sony...well used to alot no so much anymore but serious talk who needs 3rd party support when it had.

Super Mario 64
Mario Part 1-3
Mario Kart
Mario Tennis
Smash 64
Paper Mario
Ocarina of Time
Majora's Mask
WWF No Mercy 64

And..i havent even mentioned Rare ayet...

Diddy Kong Racing 64
Conker's Bad Fur Day
Donkey Kong 64
Banjo Kazooie
Banjo Tooie
Perfect Dark
Golden Eye
Get Force Gemini

My dayzzz all masterpieces and i know im still missing a few...they were just from the top of my head...the games i got and played to death as a kid and i am indeed a Nostalga freak or the N64 it was like a second mother to me...

But im not so Nostalga tarded to be blind biased....the N64 was beyond words to describe a gaming masterpiece system!

#Realtalk

Cant believe some PeePz think that...its in-humain....

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
One thing I hated about the Wii, and hope to mighty Arceus that the WiiU doesn't follow suit, is the library of peripherals. Vitality-Sensor anyone?

They had so many peripherals, dongles and accessories that it's no wonder why people were confused about the WiiU gamepad for being another Wii peripheral.

I just want Nintendo to focus on making games, rather than different pieces of plastic.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Speaking of Metroid... just noticed this after finding this translated concept art for ZSS from this site:

Looks like Ninja Theory didn't get the memo on the boots. Have you seen her heels in Other M, how do they even fit in the Varia suit?

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
I've seen more people opposed to the idea than I can count.
They were in the smash 4 topic on 3DSforums.com.
Congratulations you've reached the promise land where people can use their head. For the most part. At least everyone accepts he's a good choice and is more than likely going to happen, even if they don't necessarily care for him.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
One thing I hated about the Wii, and hope to mighty Arceus that the WiiU doesn't follow suit, is the library of peripherals.
They had so many peripherals, dongles and accessories it's no wonder why people confused the WiiU gamepad for being another Wii peripheral.
You mean you hope to Mew..or what ever..**** Arceus legend gaylord ***-bag

Genwunnersssss>Gen4 xD
You know what i mean...garrd hated the legends in Gen4....the most...

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Reminds me of people thinking 3DS was just another DS edition. It also doesn't help that in some stores they mix up 3DS games with DS ones.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
They had so many peripherals, dongles and accessories that it's no wonder why people confused the WiiU gamepad for being another Wii peripheral.
Hehe....dongle....

But seriously, yeah I'd like there to be less useless plastic crap for the Wii U.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
You mean you hope to Mew..or what ever..**** Arceus legend gaylord ***-bag

Genwunnersssss>Gen4 xD
You know what i mean...garrd hated the legends in Gen4....the most...
I hated Gen4 period. I just know that Arceus is the equivalent to PokeJesus who fainted for our sins.

But any who I've never been so scared about the future of gaming.
We might go into the week of E3 hoping for F-Zero/Starfox/New IP and get Nintendo Land 2 or worse WiiU Music

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I actually really liked Gen 4. It introduced a lot of pokemon and mechanics I like.

I hated Gen 5

D

Deleted member

Congratulations you've reached the promise land where people can use their head. For the most part. At least everyone accepts he's a good choice and is more than likely going to happen, even if they don't necessarily care for him.
Oasis_S just contradicted himself. He said earlier that pretty much everyone supported Ridley, yet now mentions some people don't necessarily care for him.

Vote: Oasis_S

Take him to the gallow.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
I didn't like Gen 4, but it was mostly because of how slow the games felt to me. Especially surfing in Diamond/Pearl. HNNNNNNNNNNNG WHY WON'T YOU GO FASTER.

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
Gen 5 did so many things right. Unlimited TMs are a godsend.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Oasis_S just contradicted himself. He said earlier that pretty much everyone supported Ridley, yet now mentions some people don't necessarily care for him.

Take him to the gallow.
Wow, I haven't played a Mafia game since my days on Bulbagarden...that brings me back...

When we get the groups back, I'm totally starting a Backroom Mafia...

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
That being said I'm really look forward to X/Y it will be the first time playing a Pokemon game since HeartGold.
Still waiting on Ruby/Saphire remake

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
GUYS THIS IS THE GENERATION OF BAD CONSOLE NAMES.

Come on, Wii U? Xbox One? PS4?
Two confusing, one plain, all lame.

D

Deleted member

Wow, I haven't played a Mafia game since my days on Bulbagarden...that brings me back...

When we get the groups back, I'm totally starting a Backroom Mafia...
I remember Mafia. Played it a lot back from March to October of 2010. Was really bad at first, but got decent at it. Definitely /in when it comes back.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630

Take him to the gallow.
I don't know what you're talking about, but the better question is...

Don't you know you? I'M THE STRONGEST IN THE WHOLE WORLD! JUST TRY TO TAKE ME.

Terrazi Terrajin

Smash Ace
They should have /less/ pokemon reps in smash 4 than brawl, free up some space for other franchises.
The mario and pokémon series have too many reps in smash as it is.

Mario, Luigi and Bowser would have cut it. Peach and Yoshi.. meh, un-tasteful imo.(even though yoshi is technically part of his own little side series)
Pikachu and Jiggly puff were fine as series staples, Mewtwo was a nice touch in melee. But Lucario and the trainer on top of those 2 staples was too much in my eyes. I would like to see them maybe keep pokemon trainer and just give him 3 different pokemon compared to the 3 in brawl.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I remember Mafia. Played it a lot back from March to October of 2010. Was really bad at first, but got decent at it. Definitely /in when it comes back.
Same. I remember back at Bulbagarden, we used to have all these mafia games with crazy themes. Like, anything you can imagine. Since all the good ones were taken, I had to get a bit...creative...when my turn came to host one. And thus, Lawn Mafia was born.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
Hold the **** up... that whole used game rumor for the new Xbox is true?! WTF?!

Yeah, **** Microsoft for real, used games are the reason my bum ass was able to experience as many great games as I did

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
My interest in Microsoft died instantly when I found out you have to pay 50 just to play their games online. Just like Apple, Microsoft drains money from consumers any way they can.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom