• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Having huge doubts on this. For starters, while Kid Icarus: Uprising's AR Card feature was very neat, the Wii U has no AR feature (or even a back camera on the GamePad) so Super Smash Bros. AR cards would have significantly less value than what we got from KI:U. And second, Sakurai said that customizable characters won't have costumes (I know Sakurai does changes his mind often but this don't think this will change.)

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
I have heard of that program Autodesk BLENDER. Too bad at my college we stick to 3DS Max and Maya.
I laughed.

Blender is a free program that is made by the Blender Foundation, not Autodesk. :laugh:

Despite being free software, it's actually quite complex and useful. Blender has pretty much everything the other major programs have, but it lacks some various tiny little things, like the ability to edit vertex normals manually.

It works differently from Max, though.

I'm not really used to Max yet. Blender's interface and controls are more familiar to me.

Oh, and to make this related to Smash, .dae files exported from Blender won't work in BrawlBox (for me at least)
You need to export them as .fbx, import into Max, then export from Max as a .dae.

------

TheWhiteBowser

Smash Ace
I laughed.

Blender is a free program that is made by the Blender Foundation, not Autodesk. :laugh:

Despite being free software, it's actually quite complex and useful. Blender has pretty much everything the other major programs have, but it lacks some various tiny little things, like the ability to edit vertex normals manually.

It works differently from Max, though.

I'm not really used to Max yet. Blender's interface and controls are more familiar to me.

Oh, and to make this related to Smash, .dae files exported from Blender won't work in BrawlBox (for me at least)
You need to export them as .fbx, import into Max, then export from Max as a .dae.

------
... My mistake... Now I hope your happy :p
Do you know where I can download Blender?

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
This "leak" is from some user called "Smash_Fan" that joined the site the same day he posted the "leak and got the info from one of his friends.

Combine all that with the fact that he said Miis would different moves that could be customized (AFTER Sakurai said only directionality of the attacks could be customized, something along those lines) I think it's safe to say this "leak" is false. (although nothing can prove anything regarding the Stage Builder to be true or false)

D

Deleted member

On a side note, Sony has sold 1 million of PS4 in the US within 24 hours.

Even if the Wii U doesn't play in the same category, I feel really bad for it and for the few third-party support it remains for it...

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
People will still treat it legit, like that one guy who took a guess at 6 characters and everyone is treating is as legit leak.

But don't worry guys, we'll get Wonder Red, Tharja, and Debu.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
YESS THARKA CONFIRMED!!!!

AND DEPOO!

AND WANDER BREAD!!!!

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Rosalina is playable in SM3DW?

God Daisy is ****ting herself.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
We haven't gotten any info regarding Yarn Yoshi since the first footage of the game was shown.

Btw, I've been checking out a couple of the old pre-Brawl character threads.

Out of all the random characters to choose for a joke thread, someone decided to choose Captain Crunch.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Hmm... I wonder if we will be hearing more about it in next years direct.... Or if it has been cancelled.... :T
I'm pretty sure we will hear about it in the Direct that details the 2014 line-up. I think Xenoblaze mentioned the Direct would be coming in either December or January.
But which ever months it airs, I think it is safe to say that that Yarn Yoshi will be there.

Yarn Yoshi, DKC: TF and Smash4 are my most anticipated games for 2014.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
I'm pretty sure we will hear about it in the Direct that details the 2014 line-up. I think Xenoblaze mentioned the Direct would be coming in either December or January.
But which ever months it airs, I think it is safe to say that that Yarn Yoshi will be there.

Yarn Yoshi, DKC: TF and Smash4 are my most anticipated games for 2014.
That makes sense yes. Hopefully we will be hearing and seeing more about these games and more in the next Nintendo Direct then. ^^

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
On a side note, Sony has sold 1 million of PS4 in the US within 24 hours.

Even if the Wii U doesn't play in the same category, I feel really bad for it and for the few third-party support it remains for it...
Approximately how much has the Wii U sold as of now.

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
I really hope the yarn thing doesn't become a trend.
I mean, The Legend of Zelda: Yarn of Destiny?
Fire Emblem: Yarn Ball?
Donkey Kong's Epic Yarn?

Was it just a coincidence that Kirby and Yoshi both got yarn games, or were they made by the same team?

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Ball of Yarn is in Kirby's Epic Yarn, Yarn Yoshi, and Nintencats. It's relevant, and thus a shoo-in up there with Mewtwo, Little Mac and Fire Emblem: Awakening Box.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
~ Double Post. Might as well fill it up with something ~
Most expensive paper weight I've ever bought.

Seriously disappointed in this console. It's like Nintendo TRIES to have a poor launch.
Same. I bought the Wii U pretty much with the intention of spending $200+ just to play Smash4 in the future.
Everything else is a bonus, but I expected a lot more.

This is the first time I have ever been disappointed with a Nintendo console launch.
I fell for the promise of better 3rd party support and upcoming games that would be released in "Launch Window."
At least the Wii had a TP port that was decent at the time.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
At least the Wii U worked on launch. :troll:

But seriously, yeah, Nintendo kinda blew it with the Wii U's launch. They should have waited until they had more games worth buying before launching.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom