• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Except when part Poison-type. Maybe they only fought a Toxicroak or Hawlucha? It's really easy to make that mistake if they fight the wrong Pokemon. Simply Confirmation Bias in this regard.
They were confused as to why Lucario was weak to fighting moves, thinking being part fighting type would balance it out.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Excuse me, I meant he thought ghost was IMMUNE to all physical moves.

Which I mean, you can understand why he would come to that conclusion but whatever.

Also Z is basically shorthand at this point for what should be understood to mean "the third game." Whether or not it's actually Z.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
They were confused as to why Lucario was weak to fighting moves, thinking being part fighting type would balance it out.
Ah. Yeah, Pokemon have no "rule of thumb" when it comes to two Types attacking each other. Sometimes they resist, sometimes they do double damage, sometimes they're neutral. I kind of like that, since each one makes some sense.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
since each one makes some sense.
Bugs v. Psychics

Also, for a completely superfluous and complicated new feature, I think it would be neat if they made more of an effort to make each Pokemon feel more like an individual. Really give you a sense that "this is MY Pokemon." I was thinking they could maybe have nature effect animations in some way. Maybe subtle, or maybe each one has its own idle animation, dunno. Then, the IV's could effect its model and texture. For example, something with high HP IV's may appear physically larger? Since it's kind of silly to believe each and every Pokemon is the same height (even though I would love if that were true for my own reasons). IV's could effect the palette of its textures (even if that would mess with some shinies), or cause different patterns. Different parts of the models could be effected, maybe bigger cheeks on a Pikachu or longer horns on a Charizard.

Could wrap up any inconsistencies like that too lol. "Oh, the six fingered Electabuzz from Stadium was just a different allele type." Anyway, just a little something so that even though all Pokemon are basically the same, there'd be little things that maybe only you as its trainer would notice and know that it is yours.

Imagine an Onix with like veins of different ores peeking out from its boulders... so much you could do.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Bugs v. Psychics

Also, for a completely superfluous and complicated new feature, I think it would be neat if they made more of an effort to make each Pokemon feel more like an individual. Really give you a sense that "this is MY Pokemon." I was thinking they could maybe have nature effect animations in some way. Maybe subtle, or maybe each one has its own idle animation, dunno. Then, the IV's could effect its model and texture. For example, something with high HP IV's may appear physically larger? Since it's kind of silly to believe each and every Pokemon is the same height (even though I would love if that were true for my own reasons). IV's could effect the palette of its textures (even if that would mess with some shinies), or cause different patterns. Different parts of the models could be effected, maybe bigger cheeks on a Pikachu or longer horns on a Charizard.

Could wrap up any inconsistencies like that too lol. "Oh, the six fingered Electabuzz from Stadium was just a different allele type." Anyway, just a little something so that even though all Pokemon are basically the same, there'd be little things that maybe only you as its trainer would notice and know that it is yours.

Imagine an Onix with like veins of different ores peeking out from its boulders... so much you could do.
The weaknesses for psychics are 3 common fears

ghosts, bugs, and the dark

You can't tell me that people aren't afraid of bugs

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
I guess I didn't read what you said just like I guess you didn't read what I said because I came up with a really cool new feature that everyone would love and I would get so many pats on the back for. *sibblesobble*

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806

I honestly never thought of it that way, I always thought it had to do with dark forces affecting psychic abilities, but that never explained the weakness to bug.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
One time a Shedinja snuck up on Mewtwo from behind one night and it scared Mewtwo so much he had a heart attack. No fainting. Real death.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043

You can't tell me that people aren't afraid of bugs
Oh please, just as ton of people fear bugs, there are tons of people who absolutely love them and are obsessed with them.

You know, Rule 36 and all that.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Oh please, just as ton of people fear bugs, there are tons of people who absolutely love them and are obsessed with them.

You know, Rule 36 and all that.
It's the primitive fear with in them that stimulates their like of bugs

Like how people like sky diving.

"Shion"

Smash Ace
NNID
Shion_Sensei
How is it? I've seen some people complaining that their PS4s are already experiencing problems. I even heard at a launch event the PS4 wouldn't even turn on.
Mine works perfectly and on all cylinders.

This **** is sweet, son.

Got all my DLed games on it now. Silent as a mouse, too.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Going back to the best song of the Wii generation discussion. This is my vote.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
"This isn't even my FINAL form!"

*Proceeds to Mega-Evolve*

As for best song of the Wii's lifespan? Hoo, that's a tough one. Am I allowed to pick an entire game? :laugh:

Fastblade5035

Smash Master
NNID
gnic2322
3DS FC
0645-6032-2207
My vote would have to be:

The fact that it's also Zelda's Lullaby backwards just demonstrates the sheer musical brilliance of the composers.
I definitely agree. Ballad of the Goddess, to be honest, is the only song from the Wii's lineup that I can remember completely at any given moment.
I also used Ballad of the Goddess in my Zelda arrangement :awesome:

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Gusty Gardens is my first pick. But I still like this:
[collapse=Honorable Mention]
[/collapse]

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
I personally don't like DBZ, but the Abridged series are awesome.

Mostly due to Frieza.

"Well, I can't quite be a racist to a race that doesn't exist. Like the Clawffours! Dirty money grabbing Clawffours, tried to Clawf me of my money. Blew those little b*stards up, that is what I did!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom