• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
What I found disappointing in Brawl's Classic mode was the lack of more Mini-games. (I don't see too much of a point in having Target Test done twice either) and Metal Battles were kind of a let down too. No kick*** theme music, taking place on the character's homestage instead of battlefield, and how it's possible for you to end up doing two metal battles in one run.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Am I the only one that liked the SSE? Even the great maze was fun for me, although, Tabuu boss battle was kinda a let down. Even on intense mode! I feel really bored, so I am gonna like every single post on this thread starting from #1. Okay, maybe not all the posts, but I will do a lot.
...That's a lot of posts.

Anyway, it was somewhat fun, but it could've been a lot better. I didn't like the enemies that much. The bosses were pretty cool, though.

Jedisupersonic

Eight Leaves One Kame Style
NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
...That's a lot of posts.

Anyway, it was somewhat fun, but it could've been a lot better. I didn't like the enemies that much. The bosses were pretty cool, though.
I'd have loved more Nintendo based enemies and even more bosses. Like a boss per series at the very least etc

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
What I found disappointing in Brawl's Classic mode was the lack of more Mini-games. (I don't see too much of a point in having Target Test done twice either) and Metal Battles were kind of a let down too. No kick*** theme music, taking place on the character's homestage instead of battlefield, and how it's possible for you to end up doing two metal battles in one run.
Developer #1: Should we follow the same format as Melee in terms of Metal Battles? Just to see if it's alright with you.

Developer #2: No, because people would view it as repetitive and annoying. We should try something different for once and not waste too much development time.

Developer #1: **** it! We might as well do this for the sake of consistency. After all, no one cares for kickass music in a fighting game sub-boss fight anymore.

TheDivineDeity

Banned via Administration
That reminds me of when butthurt (the butt-hurt over Trayvon is DELICIOUS :smirk:) black people and politically correct liberals hypocritically say Zimmerman is Mexican when he's Peruvian... that's the same as saying "all Latino cultures are pretty much the same" or "all Latinos look the same".
LOL :lol: I know, right? Like the liberal media, the Smashboards has become so damn politically-correct within their slanted views and left-wing ideaology, that even reasonable conservatives like myself can't even form opinions on anything (homosexuality, groupthinking)..... unless of course it conforms to the lame-stream ideals of the left-wing machine. :rolleyes:

Meanwhile, whenever I even state my slightest political opinions about anything, the liberal lame-stream jumps at me for not agreeing with their mindset. Instead, anytime I state an opinion contrary to theirs, I either get temporarily BANNED for it (like TumblrFamous reporting me for not sharing the same idealogy as the homosexual agenda) or I get everybody to attack me personally, either through false accusations pressed against me or just petty little insults thrown at me. :rolleyes: Meanwhile, guys like JohnKnight :demon: and GoldenYu :evil: constantly mock, desecrate, and humiliate religions as much as they like, making fun of psalms and acting like an Anti-Christ. :rolleyes: There's a double standard to how Smashboards sees offensive material - basically, conservative thinking is outlawed, and liberal thinking is the law. It's hypocrasy at it's finest. Hypocrasy at it's finest. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Seriously, I agree. There is so much politcal correctness in this forum, that it ruins any potential conversation or discussion. In order for us to seriously talk about today's issues at hand, with our own voices and not just by whoever tells us what our voices are, we need to stop being emotional or illogical, and start using reasoning and logic. With arguments that are well-evidenced, not just mere speculation, but arguments that are well-put together and make sense. We need to discuss terms like we can discuss terms by ourselves. Don't let the lamestream media dictate our political mindsets. Instead, let's have common sense. :smash:

Common sense, folks, common sense. :)

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Having an original Smash character that no one liked at all and can defy gravity at all times as a fighter?

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
The SSE is fun if you play the whole thing on Intense. Then it actually becomes a challenge.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
I've always enjoyed Classic Mode in both Brawl and Melee.

Only reason I played it in Brawl though was probably because I decided to try it before anything else, (Marth was unlocked for me at the end, the only character other than Toon Link, Wolf and the Jiggs that I unlocked outside the SSE) and also I found out about Crazy Hand and wanted to try and fight him as well.
I always do run throughs of Classic mode to unlock characters.After i found out that i can unlock most of the roster fairly early on through SSE, i quickly abandoned Classic mode. I do like the variety Brawl's Classic mode brings.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
When I posted that gif I was listening to the Hidden Village theme from Twilight Princess.

Jigglypuff cries while I play unfitting music-

Seriously, this music and the part of the game where it plays are awesome. Sheriff Link for Sm4sh.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Seriously, I agree. There is so much politcal correctness in this forum, that it ruins any potential conversation or discussion. In order for us to seriously talk about today's issues at hand, with our own voices and not just by whoever tells us what our voices are, we need to stop being emotional or illogical, and start using reasoning and logic. With arguments that are well-evidenced, not just mere speculation, but arguments that are well-put together and make sense. We need to discuss terms like we can discuss terms by ourselves.
Okay!

Don't say that Mother and Fire Emblem are worthless without evidence to support that statement then.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I'd have loved more Nintendo based enemies and even more bosses. Like a boss per series at the very least etc
I'm okay with having a smaller boss list. If every series had a boss, Boss Mode would give you lives. Plus, SSE was pretty long already. And other than Sonic, since he was added last minute, who could we have had?

We already have Porky/Pokey, Ridley, Meta Ridley(they probably don't need to be separate), Petey Piranha, and Rayquaza. There's Tabuu, Master Hand, and Crazy Hand for SSB itself.

What's next, then? King Boo, Black Knight, King Bulbin, um, let's see...

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
LOL :lol: I know, right? Like the liberal media, the Smashboards has become so damn politically-correct within their slanted views and left-wing ideaology, that even reasonable conservatives like myself can't even form opinions on anything (homosexuality, groupthinking)..... unless of course it conforms to the lame-stream ideals of the left-wing machine. :rolleyes:

Meanwhile, whenever I even state my slightest political opinions about anything, the liberal lame-stream jumps at me for not agreeing with their mindset. Instead, anytime I state an opinion contrary to theirs, I either get temporarily BANNED for it (like TumblrFamous reporting me for not sharing the same idealogy as the homosexual agenda) or I get everybody to attack me personally, either through false accusations pressed against me or just petty little insults thrown at me. :rolleyes: Meanwhile, guys like JohnKnight :demon: and GoldenYu :evil: constantly mock, desecrate, and humiliate religions as much as they like, making fun of psalms and acting like an Anti-Christ. :rolleyes: There's a double standard to how Smashboards sees offensive material - basically, conservative thinking is outlawed, and liberal thinking is the law. It's hypocrasy at it's finest. Hypocrasy at it's finest. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Seriously, I agree. There is so much politcal correctness in this forum, that it ruins any potential conversation or discussion. In order for us to seriously talk about today's issues at hand, with our own voices and not just by whoever tells us what our voices are, we need to stop being emotional or illogical, and start using reasoning and logic. With arguments that are well-evidenced, not just mere speculation, but arguments that are well-put together and make sense. We need to discuss terms like we can discuss terms by ourselves. Don't let the lamestream media dictate our political mindsets. Instead, let's have common sense. :smash:

Common sense, folks, common sense. :)
You spelled hypocrisy wrong. Just sayin'.

But yeah, most people here have left-wing/manstream views. That much I'll agree with.

You also aren't afraid to not follow the crowd and not be a "sheep". I like that, too.

But seriously, you're pretty whiny sometimes. I admit that. And you removed both Mother characters from your first roster simply because you didn't care for the series.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I always do run throughs of Classic mode to unlock characters.After i found out that i can unlock most of the roster fairly early on through SSE, i quickly abandoned Classic mode. I do like the variety Brawl's Classic mode brings.
...What variety?

Jedisupersonic

Eight Leaves One Kame Style
NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
I'm okay with having a smaller boss list. If every series had a boss, Boss Mode would give you lives. Plus, SSE was pretty long already. And other than Sonic, since he was added last minute, who could we have had?

We already have Porky/Pokey, Ridley, Meta Ridley(they probably don't need to be separate), Petey Piranha, and Rayquaza. There's Tabuu, Master Hand, and Crazy Hand for SSB itself.

What's next, then? King Boo, Black Knight, King Bulbin, um, let's see...
Hmm, maybe it would have been a tad much. Although I always did like the thought of The Masked Man and the Black Knight fighting Ike and Lucas.

TheDivineDeity

Honestly, I had a lot of fun playing SSE, especially on harder modes. But that's just me. :) It's too bad Sakurai is too sensitive about videos being posted online, as well as the 3DS' sever technological limitations, otherwise it would of been AWESOME to have SSE again. Oh well... :ohwell:

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
...What variety?
Like the way they randomize which character you fight for the series. You know every time you start Classic mode you are going to fight a Legend of Zelda character, but you don't know who. Sometimes it's you vs Link sometimes you vs. Ganondorf or sometimes You and Zelda vs Toon Link and Link.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Aw man, seeing Wily and Eggman in the same game as antagonists would have been epic! Damn you, internet spoilers!

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Like the way they randomize which character you fight for the series. You know every time you start Classic mode you are going to fight a Legend of Zelda character, but you don't know who. Sometimes it's you vs Link sometimes you vs. Ganondorf or sometimes You and Zelda vs Toon Link and Link.
Melee did the same thing, though. Except you could get any combination(minus a very select few characters). Brawl could've kept it the same. There's a really tiny selection of possibilities in Brawl. Plus, let's be honest, the mini-games in Classic was mediocre.

Aw man, seeing Wily and Eggman in the same game as antagonists would have been epic! Damn you, internet spoilers!
Not impossible.

TheDivineDeity

Okay!

Don't say that Mother and Fire Emblem are worthless without evidence to support that statement then.
Except that I have already showcased my strong evidence of irrefutable points, consistent logic, and reasonable arguments that couldn't be countered... way before I was even on this thread. It's just that nobody ever responded to them..... unless of course, they just couldn't. I wouldn't blame them in that case. :smirk: Oh well.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Except that I have already showcased my strong evidence of irrefutable points, consistent logic, and reasonable arguments that couldn't be countered... way before I was even on this thread. It's just that nobody ever responded to them..... unless of course, they just couldn't. I wouldn't blame them in that case. :smirk: Oh well.
List them here.

I'll take a crack at it.

wait so
how exactly is the concept of many people sharing a view a bad thing
Nothing really. If you view all options and think its the best idea then that's great.

However blindly following the crowd is stupid. Likewise, blindly going against the crowd is equally stupid.

It's all about viewing all sides and THEN deciding.

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
Honestly, I had a lot of fun playing SSE, especially on harder modes. But that's just me. :) It's too bad Sakurai is too sensitive about videos being posted online, as well as the 3DS' sever technological limitations, otherwise it would of been AWESOME to have SSE again. Oh well... :ohwell:
The setting was bland sometimes and there weren't many Nintendo related things, but I thought the SSE was decent.

----

Khoru

Smash Champion
reasonable arguments like "i'm right because i said so"?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom