• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oddyesy

Smash Ace
NNID
Oddyesy
When I was living at my dad's house at a busy intersection, the mailman knocked on the door. He told me there was a hornet nest under the mailbox (which was up against the outside house wall) and that I had to get rid of it or he would refuse further delivery.

There was no spray, so I improvised. A big rain storm was coming. I grabbed a flyswatter and figured the heavy rain drops would slow the hornets down enough for me to whack them out of the sky. I wore only boxers so I would be able to feel any hornets that decided to land on me.

Prepared with my boxers and flyswatter, I marched into the rain and swatted the hive. About five came out. The rain did not slow them down at all. But I was managing to hit a few. Suddenly, a guy in a business suit safely in his car at the intersection leaned out of his window, and with a big smile shouted," Your DANCING in the rain!"

I looked at him, perplexed and soaked. That is when I felt the spreading heat of the hornet sting entering the top of my head. He distracted me from my battle and I had to retreat with a lump on the skull.
Oh, that was you?

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
srsly am i the only one who prefers death over getting stung by a wasp
I'm pretty Scared of Stinging insects myself...

When I was little I quickly learned how to swim underwater for the first time as a means to escape from all the wasps that lived at that pool.

@Kuma: No items, Palawan Titan Stag only, Final Stumpination.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
srsly am i the only one who prefers death over getting stung by a wasp
I have an allergic reaction to Bee(and similar related strings of the overall same Insect family, so Horseflies and Mosquitoes don't cause it).

Anyway, Villager should fire off Bees for his Neutral B attack.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
I have an allergic reaction to Bee(and similar related strings of the overall same Insect family, so Horseflies and Mosquitoes don't cause it).

Anyway, Villager should fire off Bees for his Neutral B attack.
NOT THE BEES! AAAAAAAAH! :chuckle:

Deathconsciousness

Banned via Administration
so i had a dream an hour ago (my sleep schedule is very messed up) and arguably the hottest girl in my school called me a "sex goddess" (im not even a girl lol????) and i remember in my dream i was like

idk just wanted to share my story with you guys (:

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Oh, stop making such a buzz. :p

I could see him taking out his Megaphone and speaking, firing off a Bee for it.(this actually is the closest I could think of to a gun)

:beezo: :beezo: :beezo: :beezo: :beezo: :beezo: :beezo: :beezo: :beezo: :beezo: :beezo: :beezo: :beezo: :beezo: :beezo: :beezo: :beezo: :beezo: :beezo:

I can't help how much of a buzz I make.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
:beezo: :beezo: :beezo: :beezo: :beezo: :beezo: :beezo: :beezo: :beezo: :beezo: :beezo: :beezo: :beezo: :beezo: :beezo: :beezo: :beezo: :beezo: :beezo:

I can't help how much of a buzz I make.
Remind me to keep a Bug Zapper near you. :p

I think his Slingshot might be his Air Back A, which leaves open his B move. I'm guessing his Shovel is Down B, his Up B is probably Balloon Fight(or Flight), Forward B is Bug-Catching Net.

Also, clearly his throw should be similar to Link/Samus' with the Fishing Rod.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
What's wrong with his UP B? It's one of the most unique Up B's in the game, it suits his character well, it's not useless but not overpowered, and it's fun to just mess around with sometimes.
Because Pit's Up B accomplishes nothing, it is slow as heck (which in a moderately fast game means instant death), and because it is worthless for Pit, especially since Pit can fly.
Also I'm not sure if it's gone or it just has a lift off from the ground now. I really hope they didn't replace it with a generic diagonal raising recovery.
That's a heck of a lot better than just flying and doing nothing but flying at a slower speed than freaking Bowser walks, despite having super fast flying.

That is why Pit's Up B was changed in Project M (which is an actual attack that does damage, and more importantly, isn't super slow) into something that is actually useful, and why Brawl will likely follow suite (in fact, I think a new Up B for Pit might have actually been confirmed).

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Remind me to keep a Bug Zapper near you. :p

I think his Slingshot might be his Air Back A, which leaves open his B move. I'm guessing his Shovel is Down B, his Up B is probably Balloon Fight(or Flight), Forward B is Bug-Catching Net.

Also, clearly his throw should be similar to Link/Samus' with the Fishing Rod.
I figured the Shovel thing in the trailer was a Down Smash. Then I remembered the burying effect.

Unrelated, but I love this so much for some reason.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Toon Link, to shut up the haters. Then Ike, just for convenience.
This. I'm still rubbing salt in the wounds of Toon Link haters from the pre-Brawl days, and I plan on continuing to do so. I also still need to remind a few of them why they should never breed (poor logic, low IQ, just plain stupidity and lack of real motivation to do anything meaningful in the world).

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I figured the Shovel thing in the trailer was a Down Smash. Then I remembered the burying effect.

Unrelated, but I love this so much for some reason.

I know he does use the shovel for something else, like some Tree being grown, but I have no idea what the heck that is. First he buries the seed, grows the tree with a can, and then chops it down. Forward Smash, maybe? Could be a Final Smash as well(it fits, and is pretty powerful and long).

Also, nice video.

Fastblade5035

Smash Master
NNID
gnic2322
3DS FC
0645-6032-2207
I know he does use the shovel for something else, like some Tree being grown, but I have no idea what the heck that is. First he buries the seed, grows the tree with a can, and then chops it down. Forward Smash, maybe? Could be a Final Smash as well(it fits, and is pretty powerful and long).

Also, nice video.
Its not a final Smash.
I will bet money that it's Down Smash. Bowling Ball is Down Special.

Fastblade5035

Smash Master
NNID
gnic2322
3DS FC
0645-6032-2207
I finally got Go K.K. Rider and DJ K.K.
My house is officially epic.

Kamikazek

Smash Lord
Because Pit's Up B accomplishes nothing, it is slow as heck (which in a moderately fast game means instant death), and because it is worthless for Pit, especially since Pit can fly.

That's a heck of a lot better than just flying and doing nothing but flying at a slower speed than freaking Bowser walks, despite having super fast flying.

That is why Pit's Up B was changed in Project M (which is an actual attack that does damage, and more importantly, isn't super slow) into something that is actually useful, and why Brawl will likely follow suite (in fact, I think a new Up B for Pit might have actually been confirmed).
It may be useless competitively(I wouldn't know since I don't play competitively), but at low level play it certainly has uses. It can be used for recovery when the jumps and the glide aren't enough, it can be used for dodging or avoiding things, for maneuverability, for avoiding edgegaurding, and it's properties are different enough from the multi-jump and the glide that it's useful in different circumstances, and you can use them in conjunction. And like I said it's fun to mess around with, like on custom stages and stuff. And it's not all that slow if you use your momentum right.
Honestly I'd rather a character have a unique attack that's mostly useless than one that's boring/similar to other attacks, though that's just my personal taste. And I thought Pit's up B in project M was exceptionally boring.
Like I said his up B was shown being used from the ground in the trailer, and it's a fast diagonal rise through the air, but we don't know if it's like that when used in the air or not and we don't get to see the end of the attack during the videos, so he might lift off into air and THEN go into his normal flight animation, or maybe into an attack or something.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
@ Kamikazek
At "low level play" just about anything is useful, and Pit's Up B is among the least likely useful things, if it is even useful then. Heck, Pit's Up B is probably more useless as said level than PK Flash or Ganondorf's Up Tilt! :chuckle:

For dodging and maneuvering just jumping (Pit has like 3 or 4 jumps total) or gliding is a much more viable option, and much better. Those techniques and moves are so easy that there is no reason to use the Up B unless you are recovering a long distance.

But still, you are right in that it could have been improved. As long as the move is largely altered, it will forever be a nearly worthless move.

Oh, and while we are at it, can we make Ness' PK Flash like it is in Project M=??? I just figured out that thing can kill in 2.6 the other day, and HOLY FREAKING CRAP I LOVE IT!!! :)

Kamikazek

Smash Lord
@John
I still think it's more useful than you're giving it credit for but I won't argue the point. It's certainly more useful than PK flash though(unless you're playing free for all and your opponents completely forget you exist).

But I do agree it could be buffed. Namely let pit use his aerials in the flying state without loosing his wings and speed it up. So basically like flying in Marvel vs. Capcom. Or something. I'm always for buffing moves rather than straight up removing them, especially one as unique as Pit's up B.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Blue is for veterans.

Green is for newcomers. (ignore the blue on Bubbles)

Red is for unlockable veterans.

Yellow is for unlockable newcomers. (ignore the yellow on Wolf)
Should we ignore the yellow on Snake, too? :chuckle:

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
We jumping spiders now.
You should see Peacock Spiders...
Still not sure sometimes if they are real or just realistic 3D models.

So I decided to make my own roster finally. (I made the color outlines for Bubbles and Wolf wrong, just ignore it, and don't ask about Chrom, not familiar with FE and just decided to add him)

Come on, please work for once, please display properly...

Haven't seen a roster with Birdo and Bubbles yet, that's for sure.

...Where are the Mother/Earthbound characters?

----

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453

----
I knew I forgot someone...

Probably because I rarely use that series set of characters, compared to others. Also, I was trying to squeez in what I could and try and make it look as nice as possible.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715

----
It's missing Legend of Zelda (minus Link), too. And Olimar.

Fastblade5035

Smash Master
NNID
gnic2322
3DS FC
0645-6032-2207
^^^ that roster is pro
Anyways, I just realized how amazing this song is and how it needs to be in Smash.
Seriously, if that doesn't pump you up for a fight then I don't know what will.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom