• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Blog Updates | NEWEST: Ditto

Apollo500

Smash Journeyman
I like how the Great Plateau Tower description confirms without a doubt that they added it precisely because it's the one part of Breath of the Wild that every player is guaranteed to experience. I've seen a bit of complaining from people asking why they chose such a 'boring' place to represent BotW, and I figured that was probably why. Anyway, I really like the look of the stage and I'm really excited to play on it! Especially with that BotW Main Theme Remix playing :love:

Arthur97

Smash Master
I would say maybe that...odd remix that plays in Lucina's trailer for FE music, but as far as I know, none of the music tracks have been from the trailers.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
I don't think we're getting anything that plays in the character videos anytime soon. And I think we're gonna stick with the trend of one song per series.

My bets are on a previously unknown third party (Sonic, Bayo, FF or Pac-Man) remix this week, with Mario/DK/Pokemon/KI/AC remixes in the coming weeks.

Wario/Star Fox/Xenoblade/Fire Emblem/Earthbound/F-Zero/Punch-Out I can see them saving for closer to launch (if not revealing music alongside potential reveal)

AIM0001

Smash Lord
I got one would love to see New WarioWare music or something from DKC2 mix.

Luigi player

Smash Master
So they've shown 20 characters in about 5 weeks for the blog. If they keep this up every char will be shown in ~September.
But I guess it makes more sense to mix it up with new ones than to keep all of them until the end..

Last edited:

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
This thread isn't as wild as the old PotD thread, probably because there doesn't really seem to be any designated time or message. Still, it's exciting that Sakurai is updating the blog multiple times a day.
Remember the times when we would usually stay up until around 3-5am just for an update on the weekdays? Good times

Arthur97

Smash Master
Eh. Not the best.

Also, can we get lyrics and translations if needed cause I'm not sure what language they're singing in other than the F-Zero bit.

Last edited:

PlayerOneTyler

Sr. Community Manager, Smashboards Editor / Social
Eh. Not the best.

Also, can we get lyrics and translations if needed cause I'm not sure what language they're singing in other than the F-Zero bit.
It's funny because I feel like I hear English words, but I can't make anything out. It's almost like Simlish lol.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I can't wait to stomp people who stop playing for a moment when they hear the lyrics cause they're trying to figure it out

Mr Gentleman

Smash Journeyman
I LOVE! this new F Zero music!! the singing feels like just the right amount of absurd and epic for F zero! :D
any F Zero stage that has this song on it I will only have this song selected for a long while!

Nap_

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, lyrics are in english but it's hard to understand some parts. Seems a good remix, like a cheap anime intro. A good remix for F-Zero at last.

AIM0001

Smash Lord
Stage for today is Peach’s Castle. I can’t believe it hasn’t been in Smash since Melee. I’m actually really exciting about this stage and it will probabaly be one of the first stages I pick. I hope they have some awesome new mixes for this stage since this stage has never had more than one song before. HYPED.

Arthur97

Smash Master
Noticed that the water in the waterfall doesn't seem to move. Don't know if that was just because of the trailer (Peach) or if that's a normal thing.

Apollo500

Smash Journeyman
I know we've known about it for a while, but I'm so happy to see Princess Peach's Castle come back. I have so much nostalgia for Melee stages.

PlayerOneTyler

Sr. Community Manager, Smashboards Editor / Social
First post updated! I feel like we have enough content to warrant a Stages Page on the official website. I wonder what's holding them up from opening it?

Also, I am glad we got Princess Peach's Castle. It is the obvious superior Melee stage for Mario. Rainbow Cruise was just awful, in my opinion.

Arthur97

Smash Master
I wouldn't mind Rainbow Cruise. Of course, I kind of want most stages. I know we're not getting them all, but I want most at least. Still want 64 Mushroom Kingdom. Working pipes!

VillagerX3

Smash Cadet
R.O.B., in my opinion, is a very creative and fun addition to the roster! He is one of the many fighters I play.

Do you prefer the Light Gray colors or the Red and White?

AIM0001

Smash Lord
Wait maybe I forgot but what stage has a giant R.O.B in the background?

DutchPichu

Smash Journeyman
I really want a ROB stage this time around! ROB is the only character who doesn’t have a stage background on the website, which makes me sad...

AIM0001

Smash Lord
I really want a ROB stage this time around! ROB is the only character who doesn’t have a stage background on the website, which makes me sad...
About 5 leaks ago there was a guy who claimed he was going to have a stage. The stage was supposbaly a giant ROB and everyone would be fighting on top of him. The stage idea itself seems practical but it was just another false leak.

AIM0001

Smash Lord
We had one dry July guys. I’m just waiting for August to shed some light on the new stuff. We need it. Gotta keep the hype train alive. We got 3 “leaks this week”. We need to get these dumb leaks debunked!

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Well folks, think it like this. We have 5 months until smash. Taking that into account, we have seen these characters on the daily blog:
:ultmario::ultridley::ultinkling::ultdaisy::ultlink::ulticeclimbers::ultcorrin::ultsnake::ultdk::ultsonic::ultfalco::ultyounglink::ultpokemontrainer::ultmarth::ultkirby::ultmegaman::ultpit::ultpichu::ultbowserjr::ultmiifighters::ultrob::ultfalcon:

That’s 22 Fighters

We just need:
:ultbayonetta::ultbowser::ultcloud::ultdiddy::ultdoc::ultduckhunt::ultfox::ultganondorf::ultgreninja::ultike::ultjigglypuff::ultkingdedede::ultlittlemac::ultlucario::ultlucas::ultluigi::ultlucina::ultmetaknight::ultmewtwo::ultgnw::ultness::ultolimar::ultpacman::ultpalutena::ultpeach::ultpikachu::ultsheik::ultdarkpit::ultrobin:ultrosalina::ultroy::ultsamus::ultshulk::ulttoonlink::ultvillager::ultwario::ultwiifittrainer::ultwolf::ultyoshi::ultzelda::ultzss:

Just 41 more characters to go. Where we slowly chilling them away one by one! Also, Falco doesn’t have “20: FALCO” or “Fighter” tag.

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
I hope they reveal more info about non-demo characters, more specifically former clones like Roy and Dr. Mario. I really want to see what other unique quirks they gave them to further separate them from their base characters.

osby

Smash Obsessed
I hope they reveal more info about non-demo characters, more specifically former clones like Roy and Dr. Mario. I really want to see what other unique quirks they gave them to further separate them from their base characters.
None? Dr. Mario has a new down air and Roy can reverse his neutral B but I don't think they keep changing characters non-stop just because they are clones.

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
None? Dr. Mario has a new down air and Roy can reverse his neutral B but I don't think they keep changing characters non-stop just because they are clones.
Well, you aren’t Sakurai, so I suppose we’ll find out when he wants us to know.

Top Bottom