• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Blog Updates | NEWEST: Ditto

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
Well folks, think it like this. We have 5 months until smash. Taking that into account, we have seen these characters on the daily blog:
:ultmario::ultridley::ultinkling::ultdaisy::ultlink::ulticeclimbers::ultcorrin::ultsnake::ultdk::ultsonic::ultfalco::ultyounglink::ultpokemontrainer::ultmarth::ultkirby::ultmegaman::ultpit::ultpichu::ultbowserjr::ultmiifighters::ultrob::ultfalcon:

That’s 22 Fighters

We just need:
:ultbayonetta::ultbowser::ultcloud::ultdiddy::ultdoc::ultduckhunt::ultfox::ultganondorf::ultgreninja::ultike::ultjigglypuff::ultkingdedede::ultlittlemac::ultlucario::ultlucas::ultluigi::ultlucina::ultmetaknight::ultmewtwo::ultgnw::ultness::ultolimar::ultpacman::ultpalutena::ultpeach::ultpikachu::ultsheik::ultdarkpit::ultrobin:ultrosalina::ultroy::ultsamus::ultshulk::ulttoonlink::ultvillager::ultwario::ultwiifittrainer::ultwolf::ultyoshi::ultzelda::ultzss:

Just 41 more characters to go. Where we slowly chilling them away one by one! Also, Falco doesn’t have “20: FALCO” or “Fighter” tag.
Make it 40 now. We've gotten 14 characters so far this month (Sonic to Jigglypuff) so I can see them easily pick this up faster before December with a few newcomers thrown in

Fell God

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4200-0492-3739
I'm still holding out for an end of the month reveal. We haven't learned anything new so far except that custom moves are probably gone, so maybe they'll be giving us one big reveal each month?

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
I'm still holding out for an end of the month reveal. We haven't learned anything new so far except that custom moves are probably gone, so maybe they'll be giving us one big reveal each month?
Unless they throw it on the site outta nowhere like they did for Brawl, I'm not sure if they will. Directs seems to help spark interest into Nintendo games though so I feel a direct will easily reveal some new stuff

Fell God

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4200-0492-3739
Unless they throw it on the site outta nowhere like they did for Brawl, I'm not sure if they will. Directs seems to help spark interest into Nintendo games though so I feel a direct will easily reveal some new stuff

You're probably right, I'm just hoping against all odds at this point

SSBBDaisy

Smash Lord
I wonder if he's going to put the rest of the Pokemon up on the blog in August and reveal a new character to be Pokemon. Or he might just wait until the release of go Eevee and go Pikachu

AIM0001

Smash Lord
With EVO this week, I wonder if we’ll finally get something new? HMMM

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
With EVO this week, I wonder if we’ll finally get something new? HMMM
It's possible, but I wouldn't get your hopes up high. Let's save that for the end of the month when it comes to the possibility of another Direct

Apollo500

Smash Journeyman
I love how the leak was proven fake with the Fake Smash Ball of all things.

Fell God

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4200-0492-3739
Some "leak" said G&W would be on the site today, and that a bunch of popular characters would be revealed as assist trophies at a later date. Kind of a weird fake leak, but obviously just meant as bait.

John Dylan Smith

Banned via Warnings
West Chester Township, Butler County, Ohio
Some "leak" said G&W would be on the site today, and that a bunch of popular characters would be revealed as assist trophies at a later date. Kind of a weird fake leak, but obviously just meant as bait.
I do hope this is completely 100 percent fake like all the other pretentious bullpiss leaks/pathetic lies that were made in July!

For If K. Rool is revealed to be a ******** Assist Trophy and not included as a Fighter (After months/a full year of making generous request for such a fighter)! I'm going to be pissed as **** and I will be more than happy as to not buy the game when it comes out (Or give Nintendo anymore Satan-damned support for ignoring a request I've been kindly making since Smash 4 FOR ****S WONDERFUL SAKE!

Also! This more or less feels as if this leaker is just piggypack riding on both loz18 and dasverbagens's leak for Smash Ultimate (Much like every other leak that clearly said that Simon Belmont was going to be playable just because Verbagen said something about Simon being playable in his leak)!

If you ask me! These stupid leakers need to get themselves a ****ing legit job/hobby and stop creating these ******** leaks that spread false hope or tell us bull feces lies that aren't in anyway true!

Last edited:

Fell God

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4200-0492-3739
Oh...okay.

Watch them put G&W up later today.
Even so, it's an extremely safe guess that doesn't really prove much. I feel bad for those gamefaqs users though, can't be too fun being so gullible that you instantly believe every supposed leak you see.

mygamecube

Smash Lord
NNID
mygamecube
3DS FC
4596-9526-5701
I'm fairly confident we aren't getting any new information on the website. It's going to all be stuff from e3 until the next direct happens.

From there, it's going to be that information revealed from the direct and that takes over the blog until the next direct. So on and so forth.

Music previews are really the only new content that will be on the site, imo.

AIM0001

Smash Lord
Not in a million years, he has to be a fighter, there's no way he isn't.
Exactly! Why even have a Smash Ballot and completely ignore the results? If anything that Smash Ballot should be used as a center piece for planning newcomers and DLC for Ultimate. The truth is, those opinions and fan demands still stand even today. People still want the same characters they asked for a few years ago. Anyways atleast it became instantly Deconfirmed all in one day.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
I'm fairly confident we aren't getting any new information on the website. It's going to all be stuff from e3 until the next direct happens.

From there, it's going to be that information revealed from the direct and that takes over the blog until the next direct. So on and so forth.

Music previews are really the only new content that will be on the site, imo.
Holy hell Coop, you're still around lol

osby

Smash Obsessed
Yeah everyone assumes he's in when in reality we don't have any solid evidence to say that he will be. I'm terrified of the outrage that might happen if he isn't...
I'm still having nightmares because of ballot period and after.
Half-joking aside, only reason I want him is it's going to get extremely ugly otherwise.

Cap'n Jack

Smash Lord
Where are folks seeing this mythical fake smash ball blog update because if yo say the official site I say neigh neigh

PlayerOneTyler

Sr. Community Manager, Smashboards Editor / Social
Where are folks seeing this mythical fake smash ball blog update because if yo say the official site I say neigh neigh
For whatever reason it was taken down on the US site. It was still posted to the NintendoVS twitter account, though.

Last edited:

AIM0001

Smash Lord
Hope it gets fixed. But as long as it doesn’t affect the song of the day update tonight then we goooood.

SSBBDaisy

Smash Lord
I don't know if there's something wrong with my cookies or whatever but has the United States portion of the website updated on the blog for anyone?

PlayerOneTyler

Sr. Community Manager, Smashboards Editor / Social
Funnily enough, I have the page still open on my work computer, so I was able to grab screenshots from when it was still live, lol.
Screen Shot 2018-07-31 at 12.43.54 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-07-31 at 12.43.44 PM.png

Cap'n Jack

Smash Lord
Hmmmm I don’t notice any differences between the screenshots posted here pre takedown vs the screenshots post their return so nothing was accidentally leaked

Top Bottom