• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Mario Sunshine: The Guide to Using FLUDD and Cape

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
Very nice Hero. Between the 3 guides we have stickied, Mario's pretty much covered.

Matt07

Smash Master
Wow awesome work on the section,HeroMystic. Hopefully this will surely stop 'What can FLUUD do?' threads.

Edit: I would help with videos, but making a guide like this with a digital camera sucks.

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
Wow awesome work on the section,HeroMystic. Hopefully this will surely stop 'What can FLUUD do?' threads.

Edit: I would help with videos, but making a guide like this with a digital camera sucks.
Sad thing is that this guide was up before that guy made the thread. He had to scroll pass this thread to click *New Post* at the top.

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
^There'll always be dumb people.

I added the Cape Teleport in the section, but I still need those videos, people!

Matt07

Smash Master
Umm...since I saw a thread recently about 'hidden' things Mario can cape you think you can make a list? Like such as Zelda's Din's Fire, Snake's up smash, Pikachu's Thunder, and Peach's Toad, and Mario's Cape (seriously you both turn each other around, quite amusing I think.)

I honestly didn't know you could cape Pikachu's Thunder, until I read about it a while ago :urg:.

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
People has been asking me about this for awhile. I'll get on it in a bit, promise. I'm just in the middle of recording.

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
Add Reverse Damage to the list, but I bet I missed some stuff. My mind went blank in the middle of it.

Judge Judy

Smash Lord
Ok, I found this out not long ago but the cape amplifies knockback of a person hit. Say Snake hits someone with an Fsmash and you cape them almost immediately while they're still flying; the cape will not only reverse the direction of the knockback but also increase it.

PS: I've done a reverse cape glide on accident a few times but I'm still figuring out how to do it. I think it has something to do with the craq walk.

Genos

Smash Apprentice
Oh, that's cool. In that case, what if you B-stick one direction while craq walking another? Would that work?

mikybee93

Smash Rookie
I haven't tested this fully, but I don't believe that Mario's cape does anything about Lucas or Ness when they hit themselves with a PK thunder (towards you of course). The same goes for Luigi's side-b.
Is this true? Because if there is some way to do it then that would be INCREDIBLY helpful.

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
You can cape it.

In any case, I updated the reverse damage section. Apparently you can cape Charizard's Rock Smash.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
That's why I love having a PT in my city. I've only done this once on him though, because he uses rock smash sparingly.

Fire!

Smash Champion
NNID
Fire149
3DS FC
2809-9924-8928
Peach's Up-B is also really affected by FIHL

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Did I tell anyone that I got ultra gayed on Delphino by a Mario that spammed FLUDD?

I was using Ganondorf against a guy named Rabspat, who was using Mario. I picked Delphino.

He knocks me off stage into the water and starts spamming FLUDD. He ends up 3stocking me because I couldn't get back up from the water with the FLUDD stalling my momentum.

I doubt this works on all characters (y'know, Ganon has an ultra ****ty recovery), but it's something that's probably worth keeping handy.

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
Wow... that's a very good tactic. I'll have to test it out against my friends and see how it works out.

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
I think we need to start seriously looking into using Fludd as a defensive/campy tool. If any of you have ever played BigB online or otherwise, you know EXACTLY what I'm talking about. He's only dipped in how gay Fludd can be for someone trying to approach.

The Trump Card

Smash Cadet
I think we need to start seriously looking into using Fludd as a defensive/campy tool. If any of you have ever played BigB online or otherwise, you know EXACTLY what I'm talking about. He's only dipped in how gay Fludd can be for someone trying to approach.
I do that to Vato all the time when I play him, I think he hates me for it. He tells me that I spam F.L.U.D.D.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
The FLUDD is a ***** when it comes to approaching. Screws up characters known for trying to CG left and right pretty badly.

FLUDD is your best friend when it comes to Dedede and Falco.

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
I left my Wiimote at the last tournament I was in, so I can't do this testing myself, but...

Can someone go to training mode and use Mario to cape Metaknight's Tornado? The idea has been running through my head and it's killing me because I can't test it on my own, and all my Brawl buddies are taking a break since we just got done with our first tourney.

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
Is it just a regular momentum shift or does it do anything special? *crosses fingers for reverse damage*

BoTastic!

Smash Master
NNID
BoScotty
You can cape his Tornado. you have to either be below him or above him i think. You also have to space ur self correctly.

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
Fludd works too if you hit him right...

Not completely sure what "right" is, but I've seen it done and done it myself. I've just been doing upB OOS lately tho.

Judge Judy

Smash Lord
I want to see some vids of people abusing FIHL in some actual matches and I'm not talking about that poor quality vid from a while ago.

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
^I'll see what I can do. I've recently been able to play Brawl again after a week-long break from it.

Matt07

Smash Master
Yea hopefully we can get a better video, someone with a Dazzle, or etc should record it, that way quality isn't crap.

But...it does get the point across slightly.

Dominic718

Smash Rookie
Cool guide until I read this I rarely used FLUDD I always thought I was worthless but now I see that it can be very useful

Top Bottom