• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Mario Bros. Characters Discussion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

SmasherMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
TelevisionGamer
No Inmeant when another Mario Kart/ Party/ Sport game happens? Who besides Mario, Luigi, Peach, Wario and Yoshi do you expect to be in.

:phone:

Jhonnykiller45

Smash Journeyman
No Inmeant when another Mario Kart/ Party/ Sport game happens? Who besides Mario, Luigi, Peach, Wario and Yoshi do you expect to be in.

Donkey Kong, Bowser and Toad to complete the Big 8.
Other characters which at this point are pretty much essential to a Mario spin-off are Waluigi, Daisy, Diddy Kong and to a lesser extent Bowser Jr., Birdo and a 'Baby' character.

jigglover

Smash Lord
Donkey Kong, Bowser and Toad to complete the Big 8.
Other characters which at this point are pretty much essential to a Mario spin-off are Waluigi, Daisy, Diddy Kong and to a lesser extent Bowser Jr., Birdo and a 'Baby' character.
There has never been a baby character in a mario party game.Same with Diddy.

D

Deleted member

But he was not playable in them, which is the point at hand.

Propeller Toad

Smash Journeyman
No, I mean I wouldn't expect Toad to be playable in every Mario spin-off like the others SmasherMaster listed.

Afterall, he has been absent from the Tennis games after the first one, so that's one spin-off I wouldn't expect him to be in, he's never been playable in the Golf games, he's been excluded from quite a few Parties, and without Toadette staying, he could easily be excluded from a Mario Party 10 if there is one, etc.
Not to be nitpicky; however, there does seem to be a pattern with Toad's absences as a playable character in the spin-offs produced by Camelot. The Mario Golf games show high evidence of this while the Mario Tennis games seem to have kept him out as a playable character (also he was playable in two of the Tennis games). Instead Toad appears as the referee/guide character. The Mario & Sonic series is also another series that he seems to be kept as a non player.

Otherwise, Toad is pretty healthy in terms of the amount of playable appearances he has in the other spin-offs produced by Nintendo themselves, Square-Enix, and etc. The early Mario Party titles had him with an important role as the guide, but otherwise it looks like he'll be staying as a veteran along with the other seven characters since then (having been included even in the MPDS title along with them too while many other characters were axed). I doubt Toadette is his saving grace. Either way, he seems to make a major appearance in any Mario spin-off either playable or as the main guide (I can barely recall any spin-offs in which Toad was excluded from as a whole).

jigglover

Smash Lord
I muct say, my first mario game was party 4, and I prefered all of the other stage hosts over Toad, despite knowing next-to-nothing about him. Toad was beating by a Goomba in terms of mine, and many other people's, preference. (Shy guy is definintely my favourite though!)

Diddy Kong was in Mario Party 9 and DS.
I own and still play those two games, you think I wouldn't have noticed?

SmasherMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
TelevisionGamer
But Bowser and DK are never seen in Mario Party as playable characters anymore. Toad is thought.

Madame puff

Smash Journeyman
I'd like Rosalina to be in... But her moveset potential is sort of meh.

Same goes for Toad.

But knowing Nintendo, they could probably come up with 5 movesets for both of them. :p

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I just thought of something.... when people say that Toad isn't important because we could play the whole game without ever seeing a Toad - since Toads are always found inside Toad Houses and they are optional. One could argue that Luigi isn't important because we could play the whole game without ever seeing Luigi.

He's a 2P character in SMB1, SMB3, SMW, NSMBW, and NSMBU.
He's an optional (selectable or unlockable) character in SMB:TLL, SMB2, SM64DS, NSMB, SMG1, NSMBW, SMG2, SM3DL, NSMB2, and NSMBU.

SmasherMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
TelevisionGamer
Maybe Mario should have its own Smash Bros styled game.
Imagine you plaing as Mario, Luigi, Peach, Bowser, Wario, Yoshi, DK, Toad, Daisy, Waluigi, Bowser Jr, Lugwig, Lemmy, Larry, Roy, Wendy, Morton, Iggy, Birdo, Kamek, Wart, Fawful, King Boo, Toadsworth, Rosalina, Diddy, Baby Mario, Baby Luigi, Baby Peach, Baby Bowser, Baby DK, Baby Wario, Baby Yoshi, Baby Daisy, Goomba, Shy Guy, Koopa, Lakitu, Hammerhead, Piranha Plant, Wiggler, Bullet Bill, Boo, Bob-omb, or Dry Bones as you beat everybody else up?

jigglover

Smash Lord
Maybe Mario should have its own Smash Bros styled game.
Imagine you plaing as Mario, Luigi, Peach, Bowser, Wario, Yoshi, DK, Toad, Daisy, Waluigi, Bowser Jr, Lugwig, Lemmy, Larry, Roy, Wendy, Morton, Iggy, Birdo, Kamek, Wart, Fawful, King Boo, Toadsworth, Rosalina, Diddy, Baby Mario, Baby Luigi, Baby Peach, Baby Bowser, Baby DK, Baby Wario, Baby Yoshi, Baby Daisy, Goomba, Shy Guy, Koopa, Lakitu, Hammerhead, Piranha Plant, Wiggler, Bullet Bill, Boo, Bob-omb, or Dry Bones as you beat everybody else up?
No love for Petey?

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
If Dry bowser was in the game, the other characters would get too jealous over their lack of being played

SmasherMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
TelevisionGamer
I forgot about Blooper, Dry Bowser and Petey. Cheep Cheeps only jump out of water and land on you. At least Goomba was playable in Mario Super Sluggers.

SmasherMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
TelevisionGamer
Well, he does have a big head. Frankly, I don't see Petey getting any further than either a boss role, or an Assist Trophy.
You do know that we were talking about a NMario version of Smash Bros, right?

Anyway, back to Super Smash Bros 4, I think that if Bowser Jr or Kamek make it in, their final smash should be Koopa Troop. Mario enemies will either fly across the screen. Jump and run on the platform, or if the stage has water surrounding it, jump out of the water top the other side.

Air Minions: Magikoopa, Parartroopa, Paragoomba, Bullet Bill
Land Minions: Shy Guy, Koopa, Goomba,
Water Minion: Blooper, Cheep Cheep

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
Mario smash bros game would be amazing.

Character Idea: King Bob-Omb

Stages:
Dalfino Plaza (Brawl version)
Wrecking Crew stage
Rainbow Road

jigglover

Smash Lord
Well, he does have a big head. Frankly, I don't see Petey getting any further than either a boss role, or an Assist Trophy.
That was the most annoying part of MK:DD I love Petey, but you can't see the track if he's the item guy because of his head... :/ I've just remembered hammer bro! He had a model in MKW you know!

Propeller Toad

Smash Journeyman
I forgot about Blooper, Dry Bowser and Petey. Cheep Cheeps only jump out of water and land on you. At least Goomba was playable in Mario Super Sluggers.
It's kind of ironic that a Goomba was playable in Mario Super Sluggers; yet, it didn't have arms of any sort.

To be honest, one would have thought that the Goombas were better suited to the Mario Strikers games (with their feet and heads of course).:awesome:

SmasherMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
TelevisionGamer
Does anybody think the Koopalings have a chance? Besides being a part of Bowser Jr's/ Bowser's/ Kamek's moveset?

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
For me the perfect Mario roster would be: Mario, Luigi, Peach, Bowser, Yoshi, Wario, Donkey Kong, Diddy Kong, King K. Rool and Paper Mario.
If there's space for one more, then Bowser Jr.

SmasherMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
TelevisionGamer
That wouldn't be a Mario roster. It would be a Mario and spinoff roster parts of the roster. But I think Toad deserves the spot more. I wouldn't mind Paper Mario or Bowser Jr. Any other character is alright but one of the three needs to be put in as well.

SmasherMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
TelevisionGamer
Or a character sized boss. I'm hoping for where Lugwig switches his siblings like an Olimar/ Ice Climber/ Pokemon Trainer styled character.

SmasherMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
TelevisionGamer
Out of all the Mario characters, I wonder why hammer bro was the chosen AT

That's because Koopa shells were already an item, Goomba do nothing, bullet billslook cooler when from out of the screen and no other NPC Mario character was in the story mode. The better question, why Waluigi?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom