• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Heroes

W

White Paw

Frankly, I think this pact is a little silly. First of all, it's possible for another superhero to be blocking one of us from reaching our objective. If I am in that situation, even if it is not my objective to kill that superhero, I will kill him to achieve whatever objective he is preventing me from achieving. I will also kill another hero if I think they are somehow putting me in danger, even if I think they are not endangering me intentionally.

Also, there is no compelling reason to adhere to this pact. The idea of a bunch of other superheros targeting you would certainly disincline you from committing thoughtless murders of other players. But why would those other players actually come after the killer? First of all, many of them may be on the same side of the conflict. I'm not going to hunt down one of my allies just because they broke some arbitrary pact. In fact, it seems like far too much bother to even go out of my way to kill one of my enemies who killed someone. I could probably be doing other things to get closer to whatever my goal in the game is. Hunting down one particular superhero doesn't help me at all.

If someone is killed for a dumb reason, and it bothers you, then go and take revenge. A pact like this isn't going to accomplish anything, in my view.
The goal of the pact is to promote sense of security and friendliness, and also so that you do not have to worry that the game will end for you if another superhero gets the jump on you. I am sorry to see that you will kill me if I am foiling the bank heist of you have a jewel in the safe that you need to get as an objective -- in this scenario, you could help me save the bank and then just take the jewel -- because I do believe that in a situation that you described, there will almost always be a way to accomplish your objective without ending the game for someone else.

But, if you disagree with me and anyone else who signs the pact, then you do not have to sign it. If someone other than yourself kills someone, and you are not involved, then you will not be asked to help avenge the fallen hero. If you are the one who kills someone, everyone who signed the pact with have an advantage over you (numbers) and will end the game for you, for ending the game for someone else. You do not have to sign the pact, but simply because you disagree with it is not going to make it go away. It may be a little silly, but in the end, we are all playing super hero -- unless we decide to play as a villain, there is no reason we can't be honorable.

Mediocre

Ziz
BRoomer
This is not going to be a game where we all just run around playing superhero.

This is a game in which at least some players will be directly pitted against others, and have opposing goals. In these sorts of games, I always do what I can to avoid killing. In the situation you described, I do not see your character as blocking my objective. You would simply be another player in the same area. Unless your objectives and mine were contradictory, or unless I felt it would be dangerous to let you live, I would not kill you.

So, although I don't plan on becoming some kind of superhero serial killer, I also do not plan on limiting my options by signing a pact that I do not intend to fully abide by.

A

Arawn

Could we please debate under our fake names? It makes it easier/better

Mediocre

Ziz
BRoomer
Could we please debate under our fake names? It makes it easier/better
Frankly, I don't think we should even be talking to each other under our fake names. We don't even know if we'll be able to communicate with each other.

Anyway, changing to my fake name at this point in the debate would make it rather obvious what it was. So it's not really an option.

Virgilijus

Nonnulli Laskowski praestant
BRoomer
As of now (with not everyone's account up and running) fake name talking is fine as long as you don't mention your power...since so far that is the only thing you know. Might actually get you in character. But that's your choice.

Marsh: I know AIM is sucking it up right now but some people have told me they happened to get it to work so just keep trying. The game will somewhat start even if there is a little delay in that (the real delay now is to get everyone's alt accounts working).

Once all of those accounts are fully operational, I will send out PM's to everyone explaining the game, their role and their objective and then after the introduction post, the game will begin. In the meantime, please feel free to catch me on AIM and ask me any questions (or send me a PM).

Also, NO EDITING POSTS. Just a warning to let you guys know, especially when the game really starts.

D

Death Boy

Signatures:
1. White Paw
2. Eor
3. Death Boy

I got the AIM working no problem. Though, I was surprised to see many variations of "death boy" already taken.
Creepy......

F

Fine China

Hi again, guys.

I think people are still having problems creating AIM accounts. If you are, I found a way to do it with no trouble.

If you make an AOL email account, which should be free, that name and password also creates a AIM screen name.

When I looked, I could only find two AIM screen names in people's profiles. I added them, but I was hoping for more. Mine is in my profile, now. Also, my email address for this game is FineChina.0@gmail.com. Yes, the .0 is really part of the email address.

-Osseous-

Smash Rookie
Actually, the page to set up an AIM account is back up. I go by Osseous00, and I've added everyone.

Virgilijus

BRoomer
Just to make everyone aware: some one has already posted outside of this thread with their alternate account. I gave them one warning, but it's a blanket warning for all of you (since I had to sweet talk some higher ups into letting us do it on that condition). So be careful to log out of your alt account when you get out of this thread.

That said, only two people need to make their accounts and post before the game begins. Get cracking guys!

Virgilijus

BRoomer
All right, everyone is signed up! I'll finishing up every body's PM's and will send them out shortly. I will also make a big post (probably edit over the first one to make it easier to find) with all the maps. Also, feel free to get in contact with your partner (everyone has one, though I think some people don't know theirs yet) in a PM. But if you do, please CC the PM to me too just so I can keep tabs :)

The game should get underway later tonight! Yay! :)

D

Death Boy

My associate and I have landed in our drop zone. All is well.
Little resistance from the Government was met. Continuing towards source.

Over.

C

Captain_Basch

Coming in low and fast, my associate has remained quiet. Initial reports when we scan first.

W

White Paw

I'm fairly certain that we all have similar goals at this point, so if anyone knows what the explosion was, can you please fill everyone in. Thank you.

-Osseous-

Smash Rookie
Mi amigo and I finally made it to the city, is there anybody else here?

Anyways, we'll be investigating the city tomorrow, for reasons you'll find out later. It isn't likely we'll find out the cause of the explosion before then, though hopefully I'm wrong. We even asked someone important on our way here if they knew what was up, but it seems they were clueless too.

Virgilijus

BRoomer
Also, you CANNOT IM people that are not in your group.

I will tell you if people are in your group or not.

S

Stiller

I'm still waiting on my partner to get back from whereever so we can actually do something.

R

-Regulus

What has happened?

I would like to know what the explosion was all about.

S

Stiller

I saw/heard/fealt the explosion.

Tommorow should be fun. I have work around 530 central, so expect me bac 4-6 hours later.

Top Bottom