• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Heroes

Virgilijus

Nonnulli Laskowski praestant
BRoomer
All right everyone, a brief summary. Four teams have made it to the city. However, if you are not one of them do not fret: time hasn't started for you until you actually begin. So when you do reach the city, you will reach it at the same "city time" as the others that reached it. That said, soon the ahead teams will have to wait up for the other ones to catch up (trust me on this). So while I will be on all day today, my main focus will be on the teams that haven't started yet. That doesn't mean the teams that have can't poke around a bit, but if you want to take a "break", feel free.

Also, I am keeping some stats on your teams. So far they are...interesting.

Also, I have uploaded the city on the first page as well as listing all the heroes for your convenience.

D

Death Boy

Since we have the day off, does anyone want to go to the Museum of Modern Art with me?
I've been meaning to check it out.

Virgilijus

BRoomer
As of now, all but one team has made it to the city. Hopefully that gets taken care of soon :)

Other than that, I will be on all day. So grab your teammate and find me! I'll be online all day.

D

Death Boy

Injuries sustained. Over.

My partner and I have made it into the city. We encountered no government resistance, but an unidentified man with powers. We believe him to be independent and not with a company. Not ours anyways. The man said he had nothing to do with the blast and confirmed attacking "normals".

More info to come after I find some first-aid. Everyone proceed with caution. Nothing is what it seems.

S

Stiller

So he was attacking "normals" or something causing the blasts were?

Virgilijus

BRoomer
As of now, all but three groups have progressed past the first stage. Hopefully the other three get on some time tomorrow :)

F

Fine China

Well, my partner and I made it inside the town.

We ran into a rather dangerous man. He seemed to have the power to cause anything he touched to explode. He was quite obviously hostile and dangerous, so I saw no issue with killing him. I did manage to kill him, but not without some serious effort. I plan to contact my agency to see if they have any more information about him.

The man I killed was also responsible for the destruction of the fallen building to the North. I'm not sure what his motives were. Although he seemed to take pleasure in the acts of killing and destruction, I do not think that those were his only motives. He mentioned that, "They had promised me some fun on this job." Obviously, there was some organization backing him, and probably many of the other superhumans in this city. Whatever is going on here, it is according to someone's plan.

S

Stiller

LFM - Trenchton - Healer and Tank and one other then we go!

A

Arawn

Well, my partner and I made it inside the town.

We ran into a rather dangerous man. He seemed to have the power to cause anything he touched to explode. He was quite obviously hostile and dangerous, so I saw no issue with killing him. I did manage to kill him, but not without some serious effort. I plan to contact my agency to see if they have any more information about him.

The man I killed was also responsible for the destruction of the fallen building to the North. I'm not sure what his motives were. Although he seemed to take pleasure in the acts of killing and destruction, I do not think that those were his only motives. He mentioned that, "They had promised me some fun on this job." Obviously, there was some organization backing him, and probably many of the other superhumans in this city. Whatever is going on here, it is according to someone's plan.
Hope that wasn't your partner I heard explode.

We also ran into a villain like this, who had a large sword and cut a child in half before our eyes before we fought her. She was very tough, but we thought quick and did a risky plan to catch her off guard. It ended with me loosing my left hand, but she is now nothing more then a pile of blood and flesh, so I consider it a fair trade off.

So yeah. I lost a hand. No casualties, though.

-Osseous-

Smash Rookie
Well, this was hard for me, but I've decided to do it.

I'm going to reveal peoples' alternate identities. Their name will have a link to their fake account.

Mediocre
Marshigio
Tom
Eor

Please don't hold this against me in the future.

S

Stiller

Nice try.

The "alternate" account were made in:
Medi- Joined '07
Marsh- '06
Tom- 7-13-08 (Credible, but that isnt it considering it has 23 posts)
Eor- Joined '01

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
Man I hate Eoraptor. Everytime I do a search for "Eor" he comes up

E

-Eidolon-

Radio Transmission to Heroes.

Hello, Gentlemen. Apologies for having to keep you all in the dark for so long, but as you will see later it was quite necessary.

My name is Eidolon, and I have been the orchestrator of these fair events. I am thoroughly impressed that all of you have made it this far, excluding the poor Captain Basch who seemed to have been less capable than I had hoped. KevinM, I think his real name was. But alas, I digress. I used to be just like all of you; young, energetic and more than willing to fight. And I assure you that I did fight. However, one day I realized something...

Obsidius Rex, might I ask you who is the man you take orders from in your company? Death Boy, might I ask you the same? As you had no idea to realize, it is the same person: Virgilijus. I assure you it is no coincidence he is giving orders to both of you. And I bet he also added the additional objective of killing the other teams. And do you know why he would do something like that? To get rid of the weak. And for those that survive and become legends -respected and feared by the world- you would trust him...and listen to him with even more attentive ears. I would know; I used to work for him.

But during one fight, if fight is the right word for something that barbaric, I heard his voice on the correspondence of the man I just killed. They have always said knowledge is power, but it would be more aptly defined as ignorance makes you weak. And I learned.

In my time as a defector, I have ran into the most evil and sinister scum and villainy imaginable. But unlike your dear Virgilijus, they were idiots: when they killed, it was in plain site and with their own hands. And I told myself I would bring them all down. All of them.

And that is why I brought them here, to Trenchton. With the promise of unlimited death and destruction (and a challenge) at their fingertips there was no doubt that they would follow me. I will be the first to admit that the deaths they caused were tragic, and I wish that they could have been avoided, but it could not: their lives were a needed sacrifice to draw Virgilijus out of his shell. With such death and destruction turning the city into a hell, I knew that he would send many of you. And being the power monger that he is, he did.

I know that many of you are injured, but you have helped me greatly. By myself, it would have taken years to hunt down and kill each of the villains that you have killed. Not to mention the best way to be rid of the enemy's troops is to make them yours. And for that I both apologize and thank you.

But onto what is happening now. There are 13 of you in the city. And while I wish it were possible that all of you could join me, I am afraid that is not possible. There is one thing that I must give Virgilijus credit for: recognizing that weakness is inherently tied to the absence of morality. I am fully aware of many of your aspirations and must say that they intrinsically conflict with mine. If this were only one person, it might be overlooked...but it is not. So I tell you this: by the end of the day there will only be three of you left. I am not worried about their aspirations, as they are strong and are the last standing. And good always stands at the end. And I feel the need to reiterate something: only three will remain. If night comes and there are more than three of you alive, I will see to it myself that my prediction will remain a truth.

Also: to my splinter cell team. I apologize for what happened at your meeting: I assure you I did not plan for such things to happen. However, please proceed upon our current objective.

I will be waiting on the highest floor of the Capitol Building. Waiting...and watching.

Good Luck, Gentlemen.

Virgilijus

BRoomer
Don't listen to him: he's a rogue that has killed more people than you can imagine. He lied to his teammates when he was working under me and tried to convince them to defect along with him. These guys were the best of the best: true loyal patriots that were the driving force that overthrew the radical governments in the West and he killed them all. Not to mention he just let loose 6 villains that literally butchered the thousands of innocent people in the city, children not overlooked.

Kill him. Whatever you do... at all costs: kill him.

W

White Paw

Obviously it no longer matters who is STRIKE and who is STORM. Eidolon has made it clear that he will only allow three of us to live through this experience, and I am sure that Virgilijus will not intrude into the situation and attack Eidolon himself. So we all kill each other until three of us remain, or we all go to the highest floor of the Capitol Building and we kill Eidolon himself for allowing all of these innocent people to die by gathering all these villains. A plan which will be extremely complicated by the fact that it seems like there is a pair of super heroes that already work directly for Eidolon, his "splinter cell" team.

I dont know what you all plan to do, but I am not going to kill all of you. Whether Eidolon is guilty of mass murder here is up to you all, but obviously Virgilijus played both groups of us like fools, ordering us to kill each other.

I plan on walking out of the city and never returning. Virgilijus or Eidolon, if either of you send people after me, then I will kill them, and then I will kill you.

R

-Regulus

White Paw, if you are opposed to what Eidolon and Virgilijus has done, then walking out on us now is not what we need you to do.

I hope you will reconsider your actions.

D

Density

Density here. I am leader of a rogue company that has been tracking Eidolon and Virgilijus. I'm afraid Eidolon's plan is true. I didn't want to reveal this until it was absolutely necessary, but it seems clear to me that now is the time to reveal our true motives. I don't want to kill the rest of you. But Eidolon is the source of the problems that each superhero company is having, including my own. We deal with Eidolon first, and Virg afterwards.

Eidolon doesn't know it, but he's a puppet to Virg. He thinks he's defected, but really he is going along with what Virg has been planning all along.

I know it sounds strange for you all to turn on your "boss," but think about it. What company sends rookie agents without a superior to guide them? What company allows agents free reign over what they do? What company pairs agents with other agents that have never seen each other or worked with each other?

It's all part of the plan... and we're the guinea pigs who they're trying to kill.

If your previous directive was to kill either STORM or STRIKE members, I urge you to rethink it. Virg has been keeping "stats" the entire game. What stats, you might ask? It's simple: a kill count.

What kind of sadistic superhero agency would log a kill count on their superheroes?

D

Density

Yes yes, I'm Heath Ledger.

Anyway, this is the crucial moment guys. I need you either with me or against me. I hope it's not the latter. You don't have to reveal your locations, but PM me if you're in.

E

-Eidolon-

There are now but 11 of you left.

Ranpu and Miss Twine have proven themselves incapable. I had not realized how shallow their character truly was. However, there is a silver lining to every cloud. Hopefully I will see more virtuous displays from the rest of you still capable. I also recommend that you make sure that you are one of the only three people left before visiting me. While I am always responsible for my actions I wish not to show you how serious I am about my ultimatum. Pray, do not give me the ample opportunity.

Your locations will be updated soon.

And Virgilijus, how does it feel to be evinced as the villainous puppet master? I am sure even your fellow annelids would look down upon you.

Virgilijus

BRoomer
You'll see just how loyal my men truly are.

Also, teams: Eidolon was one of the strongest heroes the company has ever known. From our records, he has never lost a fight, but don't let that let you lose hope: he still has weaknesses and if enough of you with varied enough powers find him you may be able to finally take him down.

And to any one that kills him, I will give you the keys to the world.

R

-Regulus

Argh....don't trust...Fine China...

He's trying to kill me and my partner now...

E

-Eidolon-

And then there were 10. I am pleased to see some of you taking the initiative; Fine China has learned from his mistakes somewhat posthumously. I do not recommend all of you following his final course of action.

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
If you kill someone, you should tell us their abilities

Virgilijus

BRoomer
Well, unfortunately I think the game will have to be canceled. I have tried to organize people being able to be online at the same time but it doesn't seem to be working.

So unless there is some massive surge of people coming back online, consider the game over :(

spam_master

Smash Rookie
why. don't we just reveal our characters groups but not powers, and post which group we want to fight and a location. I mean they don't really know who we are or our powers.

you could just say who is with who and who is where.

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
Since this is over, I have a question!

my partner was Pythag, and I told him that I though that the characters of virgilijus and Eidolon were the exact same, and it was just a big test. True or not?

Virgilijus

BRoomer
They were not the same character. Both were questionably the villain, but you could have chosen either side to be on.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
They were not the same character. Both were questionably the villain, but you could have chosen either side to be on.
Right, but the choices kind of sucked. We could have either

1.) Sided with Eidolon, leaving three of us alive max.

2.) Sided with Virgilijus, all teamed up to kill Eidolon, and the majority of us die because he would have some gamebreaking power.

Either way, like 1-3 people survive, especially with a serial killer out there LOL

edit - thats not to say the game wasn't fun. It was fun, but I didn't see White Paw surviving until end game simply because the power I had was kind of bogus... now if he were a giraffe.....

Ronike

Smash Ace
Yeah, it was kinda ironic, the serial killer killed me and my teamate, the splinter team... I was Ranpu.

Handorin

Smash Hero
I killed the serial killer. =D but his power was quite broken. I would not have beaten him if he had took a simple precaution before hand.

Top Bottom