• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Heroes Mafia: Day 7 ends! Nabe and Circus wins! Zen dies in end game!

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Gheb what specifically about my play here is similar to sleepover? And how does it differ from my scum play as seen in say BIM3
Remember when I called you out on your "guru" play in Sleepover? Had I not been scum that game I would've legit thought *you* were scum for the way you play. BIM3 you actively tried to include yourself in all kinds of discussion something you'd never do when you are town and just do "your thing", no matter how dumb it is.

:059:

Rajam

Smash Champion
Page7:

ok. do you think your friendliness will get in the way of seeing clearly in this game? the hand your holding belongs to the person who currently has the most votes on them. does that bother you at all?
...Aren't you new at online mafia? Coaching is forbidden. It will be better if you tell us right away who is coaching you. OS will know anyways and it will be worse if you delay the confession too much

I have tried to get more votes on X1. I was told how bad I was, and then I was told to shut up. By more than 1 person, which makes it hard to argue against. I'm not going to try and convince more people to vote X1 again until I have more to work with, because it's clearly not happening atm.

Why are you giving up so early? new-town is a lot more stubborn on this kind of things. Hence you're not town, right?

As for Zen, I haven't seen anything inherently scummy, and I didn't think his post about X1 was bad, unlike everyone else, although I guess I'm kinda "biased", since I wanted votes on X1 before he made it.
Now, something I noticed while reading this post of Moriarty: http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=12407751&postcount=250
Went back to find certain post of BeatStick:

@Gheb

Touché

You weren't on the douchebag list, though.

w/e, enough off topic.

Guess I'll just wait for something else to work with.
I have been a moderator in several mafia games in a chilean forum, and I swear I have seen that kind of statement always posted by scum: useless commentary + "I'll wait for more things to happen". Serious tell imo. BeatStick leaning scum.

giraffelasergun

Smash Lord
Vote: Gheb
This is fine and a good place for votes atm.
I think baseless votes are a great idea!

Rajam-x1 scum team.
How did you make this connection, exactly?

Anyway in other news I think for now I'm going to drop the whole zen and beatstick thing because I don't think its really being helpful and I don't think zen or beat should be the lynch for today.

Hepalien, who do you think should be the lynch today?

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
OMG I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT HE'S TRYING TO SAY SOMEBODY PLEASE DECODE THIS MIRACULOUS GEM FOR ME BECAUSE OBVIOUSLY HE'S TRYlNG TO TELL US SOMETHING DEEP AND BY FIGURING IT OUT VICTORY SHALL BE OURS AS IT'LL DIRECTLY LEAD US TO THE MAFlA!

@Raj: I don't intend for people to read Inception; the summary I gave is sufficient for the point I was making. I also suspect that GLG knows some of what went on in Inception, as I often see him reading games he's not in.

thecallout.jpg

I kind of hate you for saying meta instead of gut and now saying that you meant gut but idrc. You're not scum. Circus/you is reminding me a lot of me/you from Fire Emblem; his last few posts seem to have pointedly handled you and only you. I'm not ready to call him scum like you are, because like I said in FE, IMO I'd have posted the same way as town/scum in that game. But it makes you town by comparison, and Circus really needs to start scumhunting because I'm not seeing it.

He seemed a little more serious when you attacked him, not entirely sure how I feel about it. In general he seems more serious talking to you this game. Like I said at the time, his reaction to you was different, but he has history with you; a game that (sort of) doesn't exist for example, where you pushed your case on him and he got seemingly agitated. I don't know his flip from that game though, so I don't know what it suggests.

In this game though, definitely a different attitude from Gheb. Vand's question of "when did Zen stop being scum to you" gets a "Who cares" from Gheb, which is alarming, and again very different from his attitude towards you which reads more like what I expect from Gheb. Like Gheb said before, he's said serious things to other people as well, but his tone towards you is different from his town towards Beat and Zen and everybody else.

Overall I do see a difference between his dealings with you and his dealings with everyone, I just don't know what it means re: his alignment yet. I don't like that he says he has no read on RR, despite saying that he's understood some of RR's points and that his understanding of those points is "enough for him", which implies he does have a read.

I'm not saying that I meant gut. I feel you're playing how you do as town and not as scum which is meta I think since I'm basing it off past experiences.

Vote: Gheb
This is fine and a good place for votes atm.

I'd be fine with making RR breaking his 'restriction' by posting some text. RR would only have to do this once, and according to this if he's telling the truth he'd only get a mod vote once, which goes away at the end of the Day phase.

I don't see the punishment for breaking this restriction to be any harsher then a mod vote (mainly from playing in OS's games before). RR do you object to this?

vanderzant

Smash Journeyman
Also announcing that I'm basically going to be fairly LA for the next 2 weeks. I will only have occasional iPad access between the 31 March - 8 April as I'm flying out for a swimming competition in Sydney. But I should still be able to post.

Before that though I have an exam and 2 assignments due, so they take priority. But I will endeavour to at least post every day.

Beat!

Smash Master
Why are you giving up so early? new-town is a lot more stubborn on this kind of things. hence you're not town, right?
Generalizations and assumptions. Nice.
As for the case on X1, I could've either repeated the same, refuted arguments again, or I could've made up some BS points just to keep the case alive. I didn't think either of those options looked very good, so I dropped the case for the time being.
Did you want me to continue my case on X1 because you agreed with it, or was it only because it would've fit your idea of how beginners "should" play?

I have been a moderator in several mafia games in a chilean forum, and I swear I have seen that kind of statement always posted by scum: useless commentary + "I'll wait for more things to happen". Serious tell imo. BeatStick leaning scum.
Why are you making things so convenient for yourself? You're metaing me based on the playstyles of other beginners, making it impossible to respond properly to your points.

vanderzant

Smash Journeyman
OK, why is it weird then that I dropped it?

...because you really really thought Zen was scum yet never pursued it. Then you seemed to not consider it anymore. It's just like you were sheeping your vote on him at the time, yet you didn't have any reason to question him or push him to be lynched.

RF did the same thing too, except last time I checked he still thought Zen was scummy.

@Beatstick: Is there a reason you were looking at Taco Mafia?

I need to re look over Rajam/X1/Circus to see why people think they're scummy, because it's not really obvious to me.

giraffelasergun

Smash Lord
glg who do you think should be the lynch?

The connection is that they are both scummy.
Probably Kuz or DH, I can't really remember anything they've done right now and in fact has kuz actually posted since he voted everyone but you?

@OS: Request prod on Kuz if its allowed please.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
...because you really really thought Zen was scum yet never pursued it. Then you seemed to not consider it anymore.
And these things are worth pointing out because _____ ? Yes, my initial read on Zen was scum and now I have bigger suspects because - well - I had nothing to pursue Zen with. Since when is that a problem?

It's just like you were sheeping your vote on him at the time, yet you didn't have any reason to question him or push him to be lynched..
Or maybe I have and now I've changed my mind about it?

HepAlien

Smash Rookie
...Aren't you new at online mafia? Coaching is forbidden. It will be better if you tell us right away who is coaching you. OS will know anyways and it will be worse if you delay the confession too much
uh...wow. i don't know if i should be flattered or insulted by this. do you find me threatening?

Hepalien, who do you think should be the lynch today?
i think it's a little soon to be deciding something like that already. i will say that, so far, i have a bad feeling about Zen and Gheb, respectively, but that's really just based on the people that I have been talking lately. lots of people are unknowns for me right now.

#HBC | Dark Horse

Mach-Hommy x Murakami
Rajam,what games have you seen in which the "I'll wait for later" scumtell has been used?

GLG, do you have any scumpicks besides inacvtives?

Bean, at the time of when you had made that "I'll wait for later" post, hwy had you not tried to contribute discussion?

Mep, Rajam's 484 doesnt give off a good vibe. Aside form the part about the mulitple attacking, it mostly deals with meta, moreso newbie meta.

RR, got any better pics for your magic the gathering response?

Beat!

Smash Master
@DH

Um... what? I had been largely involved in discussions prior to that post. If you think my contribution up until that point was bad then that's one thing, but to say that I hadn't contributed at all is just wrong.

giraffelasergun

Smash Lord
@Red Ryu: Do you have anything other than bullying that relates to moriarty being scum?

@DH: Yes, I do have a few other scum picks. However, I'd rather not say who they are quite yet because I don't want them to start acting towny.

#HBC | Dark Horse

Mach-Hommy x Murakami
@bean

no, I meant the fact that you simply wanted to wait, instead of doing anything in, say, that post

@glg

And you would not take suspicion if they did?

Beat!

Smash Master
He hadn't made any more posts at the time. I had nothing to work with, and since I was pretty sure that repeating what I had already said would be pretty useless, I decided to drop the case until he posted again.

giraffelasergun

Smash Lord
@glg
And you would not take suspicion if they did?
I would, but its also still too early right now, and they could just change their playstyle anyway without me saying anything.

Basically, if I don't say anything and they still do what their doing what their doing now, then I'll call them out on it.

However, if I do call them out and their next post fixes the exact same thing I called them out, and so did all of their posts afterwards, it could be because I said something or they did legitimately change it and I just said it right before they changed their playstyle then I'd probably want to lynch them due to the change, even though I might not have caused the change.

Plus, if I do call them out on them it puts them in a situation where:
A)They change their playstyle, I think their scum for this.
B) They don't change their playstyle, I think their scum because they're doing something I think is a scum tell.

And I have no idea if that made sense.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Just posting a placeholder I will post sometime tonight, hadn't got in touch with Tom but I will do it myself.
This was more than a day ago. Should we still be expecting a post?

Rajam

Smash Champion
Page 8: (hopefully will end catching up by tomorrow at worst)

First, some technical doubts:

http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=12408480&postcount=288

What W.r.t stands for?

http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=12408535&postcount=290

Which was the image in this post?

---

I missed them.

I feel Nabe is town based off meta.
I feel Kuz is town because well I assume that the person he is hydraing with is playing his first game. Kuz decided to hydra after he saw others hydraing and after he had already received his role pm. If Kuz had gotten a scum pm I don't think he would choose this game to hydra/teach.

That's my basic personal reasoning. None of it is valid reasoning for other's opinions.

No, I'm trying to confirm you as town. Trust me you should answer.
That's all I needed.
First, think of another ways to clear ppl as town that doesn't involve rolefishing

Which is Nabe's meta for you to call him town? I haven't seen anything special on Nabe to call him town, and actually since he mostly ignored the X1 discussion I'm kinda suspicious of him

X1 also ignored the points you made on him and let the posts advance while the discussion focused mostly on BeatStick, you (Zen), Moriarty

Rajam

Smash Champion
Page 9:

That was a serious question?

No, not seeing anything scummy wasn't supposed to be humorous. The way I said it was supposed to be humorous. You're really wound up, guy.

@your 339: I'm not going to get into pointlessly dissecting your post, but there are a few things in here that I want to respond to.

First, you seem to be under the impression that the mafia is going to be the only one making kills at Night in this game. Considering it's a game by OS and it's relatively large, I think that's a foolish assumption to make.

Second, I didn't mean to imply that you were solely focused on BeatStick. My apologies. In fact, quite the contrary is true; you're all over the place. My point in bringing up the way you were talking to BeatStick was simply that I didn't think it was the best use of your time since BeatStick has shown that he's going to be contributing to the conversation regardless of questioning. His alignment will probably work itself more on it's own. That is why I think it is better to pressure people who are not talking, which is why my vote is on Rajam. And frankly, I've never understood why more people don't do this.

Lastly, just because I'm more interested in pressuring inactives doesn't mean I'm not paying attention to everyone else. I just don't think I need to directly interact with every player who posts in order to observe them and get reads on them. Maybe if my vote weren't the only one on Rajam, he would be more willing to talk.

I'm not trying to antagonize you, Zen. I just think this scattershot questioning your doing is unnecessary. And it forces a lot of the focus on the act of questioning itself rather than actually providing insight into any other players. It's mafia player masturbation. But maybe that just isn't my place to talk about. I don't have any dice, after all.

Will read the posts that ninja'd me in a moment.
I think Circus is shielding here on his pressure on inactives to excuse his lack of scumhunt. So far I read his posts as "pressure inactives (which btw has only been "Rajam and others", leaves a worthless vote around without making any specific question to those inactives) and looks as contributing" by discussing with Zen if town reads D1 are helpful or not

Changing my moral vote to Circus here

Some oppinion on players:
Zen is town
BeatStick is probably town after all. Moriarty is probably town as well

Circus is scum.
X1 is slightly scum. His post on page 9 made me feel better about him though

Will be watching if Dark Horse answers Zen's question or not

Trying to find out the motivations behind RF and Gheb's posts. Will be wary about eventual last-minute changes by RF hydra

vand is null

HepAlien is scummy

Nabe moved from scummy to townie

ehrm I don't recall other players. I guess they'd be null

Moriarty

Tom|KevinM
Yeah sorry Circus I ended up spending the rest of the night puking.

Thinking Rajam is scum because of all of his posts he barely took a solid stance and he wasn't really leaning on anything hard nor did it look like his page by page analyis was anything but taking up space.

Also don't like

RR
X-1
Zen.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Dark Horse: Scum
Rajam: Scum
Clown: Scum
X1: Scum
Hep: Scum
glg: Scum
Mori: Scum
Vandy: Suspicious
Gheb: lol

That's a lot of scum O_O

glg your reasoning makes no sense. If you don't say anything then you will never get anywhere. Explain now who it is you find scummy, why, and how it would have benefited at all for you to keep it a secret. This screams bs to me.

DH why aren't you voting? Or are you? I don't even remember who you think scum is. Enlighten me please.

Ryu I don't know what your gathering post is saying.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Dark Horse: Scum
Rajam: Scum
Clown: Scum
X1: Scum
Hep: Scum
glg: Scum
Mori: Scum
Vandy: Suspicious
Gheb: lol

That's a lot of scum O_O

glg your reasoning makes no sense. If you don't say anything then you will never get anywhere. Explain now who it is you find scummy, why, and how it would have benefited at all for you to keep it a secret. This screams bs to me.

DH why aren't you voting? Or are you? I don't even remember who you think scum is. Enlighten me please.

Ryu I don't know what your gathering post is saying.
10 Scum picks?

are you contributing or just being an *******?

Sorry OS guess I'll take my one warning :(

Top Bottom