• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Heroes Mafia: Day 7 ends! Nabe and Circus wins! Zen dies in end game!

HepAlien

Smash Rookie
Hep, what's your take on RR so far? Do you have any thoughts on his alignment or is he just uesless to you so far?
not sure. i don't want to give him a free pass just because it's tough to talk with him, but it doesn't make sense for a mafia member to have a post restriction that basically gives them an excuse to play passively, right? that's why i was curious about how often people fake them. if he's not faking then i think he's probably town. thanks for answering my question, btw.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Apologies. It's just that you're so scummy.

You're lying about the statement being made a in a jokey type of way. It was clear that you were just giving your thoughts straight out. We are talking about this post yes?
:urg:

I'm lying? I never said the post was a joke or that I didn't mean what I said in it. I just meant that it was supposed to be kind of funny. You see that run-on sentence where I kind of rambled off all my thoughts? That was supposed to be mildly amusing. And I can't even remember why that matters anymore. What's the point of this, Zen?

What would that matter at all... If two people could kill, that wouldn't change a thing I said... And it wouldn't be the goal of sk or vig to aim for town...
The thing is, I AM pressuring people I don't think is town. You're making it like a player can only talk to one player in this game at a time which is not the case. There's no waste of time at all seeing that it too like 3 posts out of 50 something.
That's at least the second time you have wrongly characterized what I'm saying to you. I did not say that you have to focus on one player and drill into them like a jackhammer and hope scum comes out before moving on to someone else. I simply said that interrogating a player like Beat, who is having no trouble expressing his thoughts, seems silly and pointless to me. We'll be able to feel a player like him out purely by virtue of watching the way he plays. I think questions are better suited to pressuring people who aren't talking, or having someone clarify something vague.

And the kicker is, I don't even care that much about this. I was just commenting on something relatively small and you blew it up into this big argument that leads nowhere. This is what I meant by mafia player masturbation.

Or you could wait more than a day or two into the game for him to post. Anyways.
What is wrong with pressuring a quiet player? This game has been going on for almost three solid days now and Rajam has provided little more than an "hola" so far. And honestly, the only reason I'm even looking at Rajam right now specifically is because I don't even know what the name of Kuz' hydra account is. I like looking at quiet players, especially on D1, because even if I can't find scum, I at least like to try and trim the fat if I can. Do you want to give me a reason for why I should leave Rajam alone? Even if he isn't scum, I still want to try and give him incentive to post some thoughts.

This was actually an accident. I guess my mind just somehow made the connection between circuses and clowns and playing with clownbot recently. But yeah I did mean you.
For what it's worth, if anyone's keen on referring to me by nickname, I've grown quite partial to "Jerkus."

Rajam

Smash Champion
Finally, I can start to play this game; I'll try to advance as quick as possible, and I've tons of posts to catch up, so sorry if I'm bringing old stuff. I'll go page by page (40 ppp)

Page 3:

Good question. Maybe Gheb, almost by process of elimination. I hardly know anyone here. I know Tom and Kev pretty well, but that doesn't mean I'm at all good at reading them, even when they're separated. Aside from that, I've been playing with Zen, Nabe, and Swiss in Royal Sleepover, so I might be able to read them better than the rest. Though Swiss is hydra-ing with someone, so who even knows? Overall, this one's going to take some feelin' out for me.

...Do Tom and Kevin really only post in pictures as Moriarty? I don't remember that being a thing. That is going to be hell for my scumdar.
I don't like this. Sounds like an excuse for future bad scum-hunt. Why would town say this outloud, specially at this so-early point of the game?

---

http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=12404137&postcount=139

Mm, check out Inception where Swords dragged me over the coals for useless lategame analysis. I'd like to know if we can expect Marvel claims later on and whether or not to trust them. Wouldn't put it past OS to have Marvel scum in some sort of crossover battle of awesome.

No one is gonna read a full game just to check a point. I've always found this pretty scummy since you're sending someone else to waste his time

Mhm. I'd just like a single player to claim Marvel though. Not a nameclaim or a role, just an indication that the other ones are present.

what? rolefishing detected

He says, circling the dice in his palm idly, a smile twitching to his lips.
My vote stays.

Who wants to be my Watson? The game is afoot.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
:urg:

I'm lying? I never said the post was a joke or that I didn't mean what I said in it. I just meant that it was supposed to be kind of funny. You see that run-on sentence where I kind of rambled off all my thoughts? That was supposed to be mildly amusing. And I can't even remember why that matters anymore. What's the point of this, Zen?
Yes it's true that your post overall was light and fun fun fun fun, but what you were saying were you true thoughts. You told DH that you saying that no one was really scummy was supposed to be humerous, but it wasn't. It was just a part of your humorous post, but it was still your thought. Saying that it was supposed to be humerous implies that you really didn't think that no one was scummy.

That's at least the second time you have wrongly characterized what I'm saying to you. I did not say that you have to focus on one player and drill into them like a jackhammer and hope scum comes out before moving on to someone else. I simply said that interrogating a player like Beat, who is having no trouble expressing his thoughts, seems silly and pointless to me. We'll be able to feel a player like him out purely by virtue of watching the way he plays. I think questions are better suited to pressuring people who aren't talking, or having someone clarify something vague.
Circus, I'm on you about it because you are bending something what I was doing into something that wasn't. Like you just said that I shouldn't interrogete beat. But it was a 2 measly posts out of all my posts this game. And even if I was questioning him, you're still wrong. It boggles me that you could argue something so wrong- that you shouldn't be looking at/questioning people who are talking. Your arguement is just wrong and scummy.
What is wrong with pressuring a quiet player? This game has been going on for almost three solid days now and Rajam has provided little more than an "hola" so far. And honestly, the only reason I'm even looking at Rajam right now specifically is because I don't even know what the name of Kuz' hydra account is. I like looking at quiet players, especially on D1, because even if I can't find scum, I at least like to try and trim the fat if I can. Do you want to give me a reason for why I should leave Rajam alone? Even if he isn't scum, I still want to try and give him incentive to post some thoughts.
There's no problem with pressuring inactives. But the game had just started and it was clear that Rajam was busy or something. You're saying that more people should have been voting him so he would talk but that truly IS a waste of time. We would have gotten nothing from that. We don't/didn't even know if Rajam is going to be an inactive player yet.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Are you not even going to try and explain why you think my line of reasoning is wrong? It feels like you're just screwing with me.

Vote: Gheb

I guess I'm missing something obvious, but it would be nice if you'd at least try to explain.
What's there to explain? It's a matter of opinion - you think it's important to find out what he wants to say, I think not.

BeatStick already said most of what i wanted to say, but i'll just add that i'm not really concerned with how good anybody is at this game right now. i was more just trying to get a bead on Red Ryu, see what he thinks is suspicious and why, blah blah blah. it doesn't really matter if he's right or not.
Then what's the problem? We all know who he is suspicious of.

Gheb, you seem to think Red Ryu is basically useless. would you support him being killed by a vigilante? not necessarily now, but in general.
Not before I think he's scum.

Why does this post make the assumption that people don't need to read RR?
I don't make that assumption. I'm saying that figuring his posts out will not get us any closer to the town's win condition.

:059:

Rajam

Smash Champion
Page 5 (and btw my last post was about page 4 and not page 3):

Rajam who would you lynch out of x1 and Mori if you had to choose now based on what has been posted? And why ofc.

Rajam what do you think of Vandy so far?

Rajam how many scum are in the game?

Rajam hi hi.
1.- X1. At first I thought he was leaning town for noticing BeatStick holding hands with you despite Beat is a new player, and allegedly new town-players have a strong distrust on everyone, nonetheless the holding-hands was immediate. But then, it was kinda odd how X1 followed that: instead of pressuring BeatStick for it, he said it was just dumb-BeatStick instead of scum-BeatStick, and left no pressure at all on him. Then, I read your points:

Why people should vote for x1:
x1 is pointing out useless observations that matter none. There's no objective behind his post here. He is simply stating things. There is nothing he would get from pointing out to Vanderzant, an experienced player, that his question sucked and then pointing out that his other question was good. Not only is this a universal type of tell, it is especially noticeable for x1.

I agree a lot with this. When I was scum in Tales of Symphonia I did this a lot: pointing out and commenting on irrelevant stuff just to look like I was helping and noticing things.

[Absolute Meta]x1 as a player feels no need or motive to post anything that he doesn't feel with progress the game towards catching scum. He's generally a lurking type of player and only posts things that that can progress towards his objective. As scum, x1 has no objective other than to look like he is paying attention. Therefore, he tends to points things out that don't matter at all. He figures that pointing out these things will give off the appearance that he is doing something, but really all it does is show that he has no goal behind his actions.[/Absolute Meta]

Now since people tend to have a problem relaying on irrefutable evidence of someone being scum i.e meta tells, I will continue on with the rest of his posts to show why he is scum based on more generalized/"reliable" scum tells.
I asked x1 a simple question: "why Gheb?" but here he shows signs of defensiveness like he feels the need to explain his actions rather than his opinion. He tells me that even if he is wrong, voting him will better his view of Gheb. This is an attempt to justify his vote. "Because he's already started getting all cute like he likes to do when he's scum." would have been just fine in explaining what his opinion on. But further adds in, feeling the need to add a subtle defense against his action as if he had done something wrong.

Agreed as well. X1 overreacted upon a simple question which he interpreted as some sort of accusation against him; this is also a tell.

X1 had just finished reading through. He should know that Rajam hasn't given any content. And he should also know that Rajam had just posted hola 11 posts above him. This question is so fake looking because it's such an obvious answer. And I know it's not meant to be rhetorical.

Yep. My post was very simple, but it was in spanish and with a pretty unique emoticon: ->
. It's hard to believe he didn't see it

Beat explains this here pretty well. x1 was trying to call Beat out on holding my hand because he is new makes very little sense. This is just x1 trying to paint something as scummy that's not even scummy. Furthermore:

x1 claims that his reason for pointing Beat out was not because he felt it was scummy but because he wanted to prevent others for thinking it was scummy. For one this is not how a townie plays. For two, he claims it is not defending when is in fact stating that he trying to prevent others from targeting Beat which is defending.
Again, agreed. Hard to believe that X1, noticing this weird thing on BeatStick about the hand-holding, let the opportunity pass instead of using it to pressure him

Lol @ Moriarty not even reading Zens post.
About Moriarty: I don't even understand some pictures, and I don't understand how he'll scumhunt and convince people with that playstyle. Easy way to play as scum also; I don't like it.

2.- I don't have yet an oppinion on Vand.

3.- There are 17 players. The most likely setup would be 4 scum, and 1 or 2 indies.

---

Consider my vote on X1. Since I don't know how the votecount is at the moment, and there could be more info in the next pages indicating someone else is scummier than X1 in the first 5 pages, I won't actually vote though.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Yes it's true that your post overall was light and fun fun fun fun, but what you were saying were you true thoughts. You told DH that you saying that no one was really scummy was supposed to be humerous, but it wasn't. It was just a part of your humorous post, but it was still your thought. Saying that it was supposed to be humerous implies that you really didn't think that no one was scummy.
No, it doesn't.

Circus, I'm on you about it because you are bending something what I was doing into something that wasn't.
No, I'm not. Please stop saying that I am.

Like you just said that I shouldn't interrogete beat. But it was a 2 measly posts out of all my posts this game. And even if I was questioning him, you're still wrong. It boggles me that you could argue something so wrong- that you shouldn't be looking at/questioning people who are talking. Your arguement is just wrong and scummy.
I am simply saying that streamlining the way you scumhunt would be helpful for everyone. That is all I'm saying.

There's no problem with pressuring inactives. But the game had just started and it was clear that Rajam was busy or something. You're saying that more people should have been voting him so he would talk but that truly IS a waste of time. We would have gotten nothing from that. We don't/didn't even know if Rajam is going to be an inactive player yet.
It was not clear that Rajam was busy or something. I put my vote on him because he had yet to say anything and my vote wasn't doing anything yet. I thought that, at best, it might provoke him into getting into the game sooner and, at worst, it would do nothing. Unless Mafia has changed a lot in the year that I've been away, this should not be considered strange. Especially not for me.

Hopefully the brevity of my responses will help to put a cap on this fruitless discussion. I would like to focus on something other than how exhausted you're making me the next time I open this thread.

Unvote

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Rajam, since you pointed it out, what do you think x1 not seeing your post means? Like, you said that it's hard to believe he didn't see it. So what does that mean to you about him?

Rajam

Smash Champion
Page 6:

OH MY GOD YOU ARE JUST POSTING PICTURES THERE IS NO WAY THAT YOU CAN CONTRIBUTE TO DISCUSSION OR PROVIDE YOUR OWN OPINIONS OR ANY CONTENT AT ALL AND IT ALSO LIMITS YOUR SCUMHUNTING ABILITY AND THEREFORE I WILL VOTE YOU AND NEVER LET GO

wait what
I seriously think picture-posting is distracting. But before I go on I have a question for Moriarty:

How many games have you played with this picture-posting playstyle? Win-Lose ratio? Actually, please list all the games in which you've used this playstyle, your faction, and which faction won the game.

Same for RadicalFiction

Explain in detail why Zen's meta on X1 was bad meta. Why did you ignore the rest of the points? Was it because do you think Zen based ALL his points on X1's meta? What do you think of the tells Zen mentioned?

i am stating that his argument holds no merit because it is partly based on meta and also that i doubt he can prove that his meta is reliable and x1 is scum because he stated 4 people look cool atm because the other part of his argument states that x1 is scum because x1 thinks BS buddying is uneducated and that is both meta as well and also stretched out to hell by BS's repeated questions

So... you say the whole case of Zen holds no merit because part of it was based on meta? What about the part where Zen based his case on the tells he mentioned?

zen is gheb right about your statement? cuz he explained it and u didnt.

Red Ryu that question/answer is obviously outdated as i have given up. and kevin will probably be real sad @ me.
@ Moriarty and RadicalFiction (...and Red Ryu): I don't understand half the pictures you post. Explanations would be appreciated.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
it doesn't make sense for a mafia member to have a post restriction that basically gives them an excuse to play passively, right? that's why i was curious about how often people fake them. if he's not faking then i think he's probably town. thanks for answering my question, btw.
I think he's faking it tbh.

vanderzant

Smash Journeyman
Gheb, when did Zen stop being scum to you?

@Mod: What is the punishment for breaking a posting restriction? If it is a mod vote, are these votes permanent or do they go away after a number of Day/Night phases?

Beat!

Smash Master
Beat, have you gotten anywhere with "decoding" RR?
Well, I'm pretty sure I know what he said now (he just needs to confirm it), so yes?
Kind of strange question tbh. What would you have done if I had said no?

Gheb thinks it's pointless to interpret RR's posts. Do you agree with that?

#HBC | Dark Horse

Mach-Hommy x Murakami
You could have tried, but it probably wool have just been a waste of time.

Why are you not revealing what you think RR said?

Beat!

Smash Master
?

RF's interpretation (previous page) seems logical and is what I think he said. I don't have some other theory.

X1-12

Smash Champion
Gheb your saying that we should not bother decoding RRs posts, how then are we supposed to read him? You say decoding his posts won't get us closer to towns victory, explain this. Is there some way you know RR is town? If so explain, if not explain why its ok to give him a free pass? Why do you think his restriction is fake, and if its fake why does that not make him scum? Why would he fake it as town? Give reasoning for the random statements you are making. Why would a noob fake a really obvious post restriction? If it is fake what makes you think him faking it doesn't make him scum? Give reasoning for picking the three names you did in #455

@Nabe: Do you agree that Gheb got most serious/defensive when I attacked him, and do you think that's scummy from him? Do you notice that Gheb reacted differently when I pressured him than when Beat pressured him, and do you believe this has a bearing on his alignment

Overswarm

is laughing at you
@Mod: What is the punishment for breaking a posting restriction? If it is a mod vote, are these votes permanent or do they go away after a number of Day/Night phases?

Punishments for breaking any sort of restriction are privately told to the player if they are told at all and may or may not be unique.

If a player receives a MOD vote as a punishment, those votes go away at the end of the Day phase unless otherwise stated.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Gheb your saying that we should not bother decoding RRs posts, how then are we supposed to read him?
Some of his points are obvious without decoding. That's enough for me.

You say decoding his posts won't get us closer to towns victory, explain this.
Already did.

Is there some way you know RR is town? If so explain, if not explain why its ok to give him a free pass?
I don't know if he's town and I never said it's OK to give him a free pass.

Give reasoning for the random statements you are making.
I am not making random statements.

Why would a noob fake a really obvious post restriction?
Why do you think his restriction is fake, and if its fake why does that not make him scum? Why would he fake it as town?
If it is fake what makes you think him faking it doesn't make him scum?
Dumb questions are seriously stupid.

Give reasoning for picking the three names you did in #455
Not at the moment. I'm still figuring things out.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Some of his points are obvious without decoding. That's enough for me.

Already did.

I don't know if he's town and I never said it's OK to give him a free pass.

I am not making random statements.

Dumb questions are seriously stupid.

Not at the moment. I'm still figuring things out.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
OMG I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT HE'S TRYING TO SAY SOMEBODY PLEASE DECODE THIS MIRACULOUS GEM FOR ME BECAUSE OBVIOUSLY HE'S TRYlNG TO TELL US SOMETHING DEEP AND BY FIGURING IT OUT VICTORY SHALL BE OURS AS IT'LL DIRECTLY LEAD US TO THE MAFlA!

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Then what were you saying?
I posted my thoughts, saying that I saw people doing things and getting at each others throats, but I didn't think that anyone looked scummy yet. Dark Horse apparently viewed that as me trying to act like I was adding to discussion, by posting some thoughts without a very helpful conclusion. I responded, saying that the post wasn't supposed to be particularly informative. I meant what I said, but I didn't post it in an attempt to look like I was contributing without actually contributing. It was mostly supposed to be entertaining. When I told Dark Horse that it was supposed to be somewhat humorous, that was just me trying to tell him that he was taking what I was saying too seriously.

Who cares.
Well, Vand clearly does. And now that you've reacted to the question like this, I do too.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
What does "when" mean though? Are you asking for a specific time or just an event / exchange that made me change my mind?

Moriarty

Tom|KevinM
Just posting a placeholder I will post sometime tonight, hadn't got in touch with Tom but I will do it myself.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
What does "when" mean though? Are you asking for a specific time or just an event / exchange that made me change my mind?

That's for Vand to answer. But personally, I'm more interested in why. From an outsider looking in, it looks like Zen just dropped off your radar for no reason after seemingly pinging like crazy. Do you still think Zen is scummy?

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
He's scummy but he is so as town too. I still consider him a suspect but he's so close to his play in Sleepover that I'm kind of willing to drop it for now and look elsewhere.

Maybe that also answers Vand's question.

#HBC | Nabe

Beneath it all, he had H-cups all along
Can't breathe, but the view is equal to the taste
@Raj: I don't intend for people to read Inception; the summary I gave is sufficient for the point I was making. I also suspect that GLG knows some of what went on in Inception, as I often see him reading games he's not in.

Yes but I do not know what those reasons are really. I just feel you are playing how you do as town and not how you do as scum. I guess because you're showing more involvement. And as scum you're an idiot.
thecallout.jpg

I kind of hate you for saying meta instead of gut and now saying that you meant gut but idrc. You're not scum. Circus/you is reminding me a lot of me/you from Fire Emblem; his last few posts seem to have pointedly handled you and only you. I'm not ready to call him scum like you are, because like I said in FE, IMO I'd have posted the same way as town/scum in that game. But it makes you town by comparison, and Circus really needs to start scumhunting because I'm not seeing it.

@Nabe: Do you agree that Gheb got most serious/defensive when I attacked him, and do you think that's scummy from him? Do you notice that Gheb reacted differently when I pressured him than when Beat pressured him, and do you believe this has a bearing on his alignment
He seemed a little more serious when you attacked him, not entirely sure how I feel about it. In general he seems more serious talking to you this game. Like I said at the time, his reaction to you was different, but he has history with you; a game that (sort of) doesn't exist for example, where you pushed your case on him and he got seemingly agitated. I don't know his flip from that game though, so I don't know what it suggests.

In this game though, definitely a different attitude from Gheb. Vand's question of "when did Zen stop being scum to you" gets a "Who cares" from Gheb, which is alarming, and again very different from his attitude towards you which reads more like what I expect from Gheb. Like Gheb said before, he's said serious things to other people as well, but his tone towards you is different from his town towards Beat and Zen and everybody else.

Overall I do see a difference between his dealings with you and his dealings with everyone, I just don't know what it means re: his alignment yet. I don't like that he says he has no read on RR, despite saying that he's understood some of RR's points and that his understanding of those points is "enough for him", which implies he does have a read.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
I'm not saying that I meant gut. I feel you're playing how you do as town and not as scum which is meta I think since I'm basing it off past experiences.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
X1 who else do you think is scum? You can't seriously plan to just tunnel Gheb all day. It's like you are trying (and failing at) OS' waste-towns-time scum plan from FE. Your recent post on Gheb is silly. And fake.

Gheb what specifically about my play here is similar to sleepover? And how does it differ from my scum play as seen in say BIM3

X1-12

Smash Champion
Zen take off your blinders. Are you seriously thinking Gheb is town?

I don't have any other real scum suspects atm, the closest would be RF because of how comfortable they are with doing seemingly very little. That and their #410 looks like an easy escape and doesn't fit with how they'd been playing. Suddenly saying they're ****ing around when all the posts before and after are in srs voice. Gheb is still by far the strongest scum read.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
@Radical Fiction:
I take your 404 to mean that Zen is your top scum pick, followed by X1 and then maybe me. Is this correct/still true, and do you think Zen and X1 are both scum together?

Vote: Kuz or whatever his hydra is

I'm scared you're using Zen's meta on you as an excuse to coast. Or that you have forgotten you're in this game. Got any thoughts on Zen/X1/Gheb relationships? If you haven't been reading, you have a lot to catch up on.

vanderzant

Smash Journeyman
He's scummy but he is so as town too. I still consider him a suspect but he's so close to his play in Sleepover that I'm kind of willing to drop it for now and look elsewhere.

Maybe that also answers Vand's question.

Just thought it was kind of weird that you dropped it, esp. since I don't remember you trying that hard to pressure him.

Punishments for breaking any sort of restriction are privately told to the player if they are told at all and may or may not be unique.

If a player receives a MOD vote as a punishment, those votes go away at the end of the Day phase unless otherwise stated.

I'd be fine with making RR breaking his 'restriction' by posting some text. RR would only have to do this once, and according to this if he's telling the truth he'd only get a mod vote once, which goes away at the end of the Day phase.

I don't see the punishment for breaking this restriction to be any harsher then a mod vote (mainly from playing in OS's games before). RR do you object to this?

Top Bottom