• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super DSO 2! (aka DSO 12) - Saturday May 8th! - BRAWL AND BRAWL+ - Philadelphia, PA!

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
It's like extremely easy to change the number of jumps a character has lol. I've been able to do it since I started character hacking. Like Waluigi with 2 midair jumps.

GuruKid

Smash Ace
Charyzardz has no extra jumps in B+, apparently because

a) his jump coding is different from those of other chars, and they couldn't figure it out

b) he'd be too good with those extra jumps

I sad face too, because Charizard would be sooo pimp with extra jumps (you'd think with him being a dragon and all, he'd have that in the first place anyway) but not broken. Increased aerial mobility had to suffice, though, so that's what he has now...

Vex Kasrani

Smash Master
Charyzardz has no extra jumps in B+, apparently because

a) his jump coding is different from those of other chars, and they couldn't figure it out

b) he'd be too good with those extra jumps

I sad face too, because Charizard would be sooo pimp with extra jumps (you'd think with him being a dragon and all, he'd have that in the first place anyway) but not broken. Increased aerial mobility had to suffice, though, so that's what he has now...

Yes, however in Brawl-, he has like 3 extra airjumps. He also wouldn't be too good with the extra jumps :/

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
That's bull btw. I dunno if they just don't know how, or if they were just saying that to shut you up, but seeing as he has extra jumps in B-, it's obviously not that hard.

Chibo I'd say it's about 99% that we're coming to this, so go ahead and officially announce B+.

Vex Kasrani

Smash Master
That's bull btw. I dunno if they just don't know how, or if they were just saying that to shut you up, but seeing as he has extra jumps in B-, it's obviously not that hard.

Chibo I'd say it's about 99% that we're coming to this, so go ahead and officially announce B+.
My hero has spoken!

Me and Yes! got this in teams!

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
and now, Brawl+ is officially added

details in the OP

edit: another option would be to lower brawl+ teams to $10 per team instead of $10 per person to get more ppl to sign up. what do you guys think? Or do you want to keep it high to keep them big payouts $$$

For Brawl what do you guys want - MLG ruleset or The Classic Chibo set?

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Yea I'ma keep it at $20 per team for Brawl+, give em the full experience. Note that I would like to start Brawl+ doubles at 11:00am. I know it's a tad early, but I just want to make sure that there is ample time to run all 4 events comfortably.

I want to avoid having players who are entering both games to constantly switch back and forth between the games.

btw everyone confirm attendance on AiB: http://allisbrawl.com/ttournament.aspx?id=9481

GuruKid

Smash Ace
Suhweet, I'll be here for sure.

...really...?

for reals...?

Is you srs...?

angry-sad face

Veril

Frame Savant
Right. I wanted to shut Gurukid up, that's why I called and talked for like 3 hours on the phone while Blind and I were finishing up the character changes. If anything I want Guru to talk more and not less. As to the extra jumps, I've had people tell me its possible, that Eldiran knows how to do it, that its impossible, and that its not feasible for B+. What would you know about what's difficult or not? Don't even answer that; you don't know s***.

I didn't know how. Yeroc and Cape didn't know how.

...really...?

for reals...?

Is you srs...?

angry-sad face
Based on having spoken to Yeroc, Cape and other coders on this, I was told it wasn't a reasonable option. I don't know how B- coded it. I even asked a while back how it was possible and never got a real answer.

The changes I made to charizard were better than anything anyone was suggesting and Charizard's public reception has been very positive.

Also:

Charizard: + 1 jump vote results
Yes: OBM, Glick, Plum, Gurukid
No: JC, Karn, Viet, Cape, VaNz, blind, Yeroc, 5ive
Result: No.

In short, get ***** JC. Guru, if you want to talk to me about this... again, you've got my number.

OK, with that out of the way. This tournament is gonna be pretty pimp, and I'm gonna try and make it down.

Veril

Frame Savant
Oh Lobos ;p

Obv... more like B+ Philly tourney omg yay!

Blind is making me jealous with all the talk of the Chicago B+ scene.

I hope Yes! comes.

Veril

Frame Savant
I didn't think I was gonna be able to come since that saturday is open lab right before an anatomy lab practical... but there's one on the 1st as well so :D (narrowly avoids study Johns).

GeneralWoodman

Smash Lord
IF YOU WANT TO GO TO THIS TOURNEY WITHOUT SPENDING A DIME THEN PICK ME UP BECAUSE I WILL PAY FOR YOUR EVERYTHING!!!!!!*crazy look of desperation*

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
Oh Lobos ;p

Obv... more like B+ Philly tourney omg yay!

Blind is making me jealous with all the talk of the Chicago B+ scene.

I hope Yes! comes.
I'll be here, but you won't be seeing me using fox at all...awful character :p

I didn't think I was gonna be able to come since that saturday is open lab right before an anatomy lab practical... but there's one on the 1st as well so :D (narrowly avoids study Johns).
OMG i love anatomy. I'll bring my notes if I still have it.

edit: here this will help if you need it.

http://aesop.rutgers.edu/~divine/adamscorner.htm

Veril

Frame Savant
I'll be here, but you won't be seeing me using fox at all...awful character :p

OMG i love anatomy. I'll bring my notes if I still have it.

edit: here this will help if you need it.

http://aesop.rutgers.edu/~divine/adamscorner.htm
O.o

Thanks Yes! I might use that for the summer semester, when I'll be covering cardiovascular s***. Got my second neuroanatomy exam for this semester next week... neuroanatomy is definitely my favorite. Somehow the integumentary system got included on this test as well >.< wtf professor! w.e I've got an A atm so its all good.

As to Fox ;p he's better in this set than the previous due to the boundary adjustments, and I did a fair amount of data mining with him to see how much you said about him was actually true... I'd be more than happy to talk about that at the tourney.

Roxas215

Smash Lord
Before that you can watch me **** in doubles
Who you teaming with?

Anyway for all the b+ people coming. Is the set being used the final FINAL set?? I would like to get back into it but only if i know it's not going to change anymore.

Also i completely dropped peach in brawl+ Im focusing too much on her in vbrawl and i don't want to get the 2 mixed up. Probably going to main zss in brawl+

GuruKid

Smash Ace
Anyway for all the b+ people coming. Is the set being used the final FINAL set?? I would like to get back into it but only if i know it's not going to change anymore.

Also i completely dropped peach in brawl+ Im focusing too much on her in vbrawl and i don't want to get the 2 mixed up. Probably going to main zss in brawl+
Yeah, the most recent set (7.0) is the Gold codeset, meaning it'll be stable for a looong while. There is going to be a minor update soon, but only in regards to stages (new stages are being put in), boundary fixes, and fixes to some coding errors. The characters will remain the same, so practice up :-)

btw Philly are you still messing with Ivy?

Roxas215

Smash Lord
btw Philly are you still messing with Ivy?

Last time i played(which was about 4 months ago) I was messing with ivy. I know they made her dair useful for recovery and dsmash spiked. Her bulletseed was horrible though. Is ivy actually viable?(Solo ivy) I would love to use her for a secondary/Doubles. She's so fun! SH RL to fsmash was just too good!

I'll ask some of my crewmates if they feel like playing. Im like the only one who likes the game though lol. Teach me Ivy at DSO2!!!

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
It's either the CPU's horrible DI or they finally fixed ROB after they nerfed him in GSH2 or w.e set it was. He feels like he should be again thankfully.

Top Bottom