• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunshine Coast| Smash "Currently looking for more players"

Hardpelicn

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0447-5409-6382
SUNSHINE COAST SMASH
Presented by Smashboards​

Everyone is aware that to become truly good at a game there always needs to be someone that is better than you are. To do just that, most players find themselves browsing an online community, hence Smashboards. Well aware of the current Queensland thread this thread will mainly be used for getting to know people in the area and organize meets​

Now it is likely that you have seen this poster around that Vyse kindly made for the community.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Current Task:
Is to get more people into the scene. Once a sufficient number of people are acquired we can start organizing meets/lan's
Current Smashers
At the moment all that I know of are,
Maxwalton
Main: ?
CaLibUr_1337
Main: ?
ProngedBurito
Main: Wolf

Everyone that joins this thread I am assuming are wanting to learn and get better at the game, as well as having fun and meeting new people.

If you have some gamer friends that you know of, mention Smashboards and it's awesomeness to try and make it a bigger scene.

Also feel free to distribute the poster around the coast, assuming you have permission from whomever's place your putting it up at.
---------------------------------

Any issues feel free to E-mail me or add me on msn. maxwalton69@gmail.com
Or phone on 0401785167

CaLibUr_1337

Smash Lord
may wanna fix some caps there :p anyway anyone interested in joining then yea just say so here. Tell your friends and we do need help for advertising besides here so if u can make something work then share your ideas and you will be that much more awesome.

Sirias

Smash Champion
I thought you quit smash, Max.

Nonetheless good luck with recruiting. c:
I know a few people that live, and LIVED there...
But I dunno if they play Smash. : D

SMASH IS GOI!

Hotdog

Smash Lord
Lol Vyse-versas, I see what you did there... crever...

l3oOkeR

Smash Ace
Not that i play smash AS MUCH as i use to but Kustom and i could go to Sunshine coast

Hardpelicn

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0447-5409-6382
I met up with some people that used to be keen on smash a while back and am currently trying to coax them into becoming slightly more competetive.

Though again at EB today I was questioned with things like.

Q. Is SSBB actually a competitive game.
A. Yes read the Australian section in Smashboards to see it's quite large.

Q. Is the C-stick allowed
A. Yes it's never been banned.
******* spectator* "0mg C-st1k nubs lolololololol!!!!!11!111"

Hotdog

Smash Lord
Tell them you can **** them without the C-stick, but if you don't get one of us to do it =D

D.J Cat

Smash Lord
Ok, I can bring 3 people (well 2 cause I'm one of them) to Max's on Saturday the 20th.
Possible staying over that night?
Not sure.
I see Hotdogs is already interested so it might already be organized, but, just putting it out there.
Thinking it will mostly be Melee. :)

Hardpelicn

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0447-5409-6382
Sorry double post bump, Had a talk to EB, gametraders and GAME's regional managers today and they said that they can advertise in their stores but some **** about not being responsible for anything and refuse to give a service other than advertising.

So it's ok. and hopefully more ppl will come play smash. :)

Hardpelicn

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0447-5409-6382
OK, Please sunny coast smash **** posted in here.
Any info regarding smash meets etc.

If anyone wants to call me to see if we can meet up and play a bit, I'm always keen.
And get in while school's slow.

PH. 0401785167
------------------------------------------

Can't believe someone actually saw the poster.
was so worth it.

------------------------------------------

PLEASE contact, I wanna smash. :p

Zero

Smash Hero
I'm going to be in the Sunshine Coast from Tuesday to Friday, and I'm interested in playing a little Smash with the locals. Any chance of meeting up with anyone?

CaLibUr_1337

Smash Lord
good news my friend and I have been saving money and have invested in LAN equipment and in the next month or two we will be hosting lans in the sunny coast. If any of u brissy guys ever wanna come down ill be happy to organise smash+other console stuff if the power will let me haha. Will update news on this asap

D.J Cat

Smash Lord
If any of u brissy guys ever wanna come down ill be happy to organise smash+other console stuff if the power will let me haha. Will update news on this asap
oohh, if this includes N64, I'd rather like the sound of that! :)
I bring my own N64s.
And controllers.
And TVs.

And of course we'll play heaps of Smash as well.

Hardpelicn

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0447-5409-6382
Exactly what I mean, I'll be coming to the monthly's etc assuming dj can go.
He's kinda my waypoint. as it's hard to go down in one day and return considering school and other annoying ****.

Hardpelicn

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0447-5409-6382
I don't dance -_-.

Anyway if we get this lan thing happening Cal then we gotta have smash64.
played last night then forgot how late it was :S

CaLibUr_1337

Smash Lord
k well we have tested equipment and happy to say that everything is pretty much ready. Just got to hire out a hall and complete out website which will have a registrations page. Won't be anything too flash. If anyone wants smash tourney's pm me and I can sort stuff out.

D.J Cat

Smash Lord
Hell yes.
I will drive some ****s down there too!

Also, after talking to a few people I realized there is a bit of love for Unreal Tournament (ie UT99/Goty Edition). This could be played too.
If not here then at Lansmash maybe we should try and get something there cause there'll DEFINITELY be some love there.

Smash in an exotic (Sunshine Coast is exotic!) location here we come!

CaLibUr_1337

Smash Lord
lol xXAroowXx we need to expand the community and sunnycoast has lots of potential imo. And I do come down and will continue to do so =p

Hughalicous

Smash Apprentice
Sunshine Coast is essentially my second home. I live in the Cotton tree caravan park most weekends/holidays and would be up for something. I can even bring dif (Pantsman).

PS, Sunshine Coast is definatly north, hence why us poor northsiders have such great access to it.

PPS, the sunshine coast is not exotic.

CaLibUr_1337

Smash Lord
rage still gotta get a few numbers for hall hire. I hate the waiting game,, I want my lan flooded with smashers and some leechers would be also cool haha.

I saw the poster still up in ebgames which is good. I hope to get a part time job there although hiring is a little quit atm.

CaLibUr_1337

Smash Lord
Hey I have rung a hall that we could use for a smash meet. On any Saturday it would cost about 75 bucks from 2pm and until 10pm. There is cheap accomodation in the area (which is Nambour Sunnycoast) also Max said he could host a couple of people and me and my friend may be able to host some people for the night as well.

The other option is on a Friday night sometime, there could be a smash meet at my friends house (which is big) and we can set up some tv's and wii's there and have it on all night until the staurday.

Anyways if interested just post and I can make something official if anyone wants it.

J-Birds

Smash Lord
75 that seems pretty cheap for a venue hire
Sounds good
QLD has so much stuff going on at the moment

D.J Cat

Smash Lord
I like it.
So, good housing options, but hey, I'd still drive home after 10, no sweat.

Also...
assuming there is some Gold Coast stuff on Sat, is a Sunday arvo SunSHINE Coast/North Bris meet possible anyone? Then Kong could make it! Maybe. :)

CaLibUr_1337

Smash Lord
Sun is not good for me unfort for me :( As for public transport u can get a train to caboolture then swapover to a Nambour train and once u get off the venue would be a 5min walk. If it's at my mates place it would be roughly 15min walk from nambour train station. I think there also Nambour trains from south brisbane occasionally but i cant guarntee it.

Top Bottom