• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunset Shore Silhouettes (Check out my deviantart page for more characters!)

Abyssal Lagiacrus

Fly across the high seas and mountains
NNID
LugiaTheGuardian
3DS FC
2981-6257-4399
By the way, how does the F Zero sunburst look on the shirt? The Smash ones have less lines so I wondered how the other series sunbursts came out. I only have Smash Robin right now so I haven't had a chance to see
It actually looks pretty good for having so many lines. Can definitely tell that it's sunburst, just more of a sunburst than the Smash logo, heh.

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
It actually looks pretty good for having so many lines. Can definitely tell that it's sunburst, just more of a sunburst than the Smash logo, heh.

I'm glad it works, it was a thing in the back of my brain for a little while.

Will you send a pic of you and your friend tomorrow? Lol

Abyssal Lagiacrus

NNID
LugiaTheGuardian
3DS FC
2981-6257-4399
I'm glad it works, it was a thing in the back of my brain for a little while.

Will you send a pic of you and your friend tomorrow? Lol
I'll try and get a good picture when I can; we might put off our twin day until Friday or next week because I only have an 8 AM class tomorrow and then I'm coming back to my dorm for a nap :4iggy: But I'll definitely get a picture when we do :falconmelee:

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
I'll try and get a good picture when I can; we might put off our twin day until Friday or next week because I only have an 8 AM class tomorrow and then I'm coming back to my dorm for a nap :4iggy: But I'll definitely get a picture when we do :falconmelee:
Coolest of beans. I look forward to it

Last edited:

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
Do you think that a Yoshi Melee shirt would work?

Maybe this image:

It looks kind of weird. It's the type of image that could do with shading.

Melee Yoshi always looked really... off, to me anyway. He's very unnecessarily curvy in a lot of places, I had to simplify a few things, even then I dunno how much it works. But it's for you, so let me know if you like it.

Last edited:

Abyssal Lagiacrus

NNID
LugiaTheGuardian
3DS FC
2981-6257-4399
It looks kind of weird. It's the type of image that could do with shading.

Melee Yoshi always looked really... off, to me anyway. He's very unnecessarily curvy in a lot of places, I had to simplify a few things, even then I dunno how much it works. But it's for you, so let me know if you like it.

Do you think maybe adding his pupils would give him more personality, or does that make him creepier? Also do you think bringing out his open smiling mouth would be possible/look better?

It does look really good though (I'm a really big fan of Melee Yoshi's design)

Last edited:

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
Do you think maybe adding his pupils would give him more personality, or does that make him creepier? Also do you think bringing out his open smiling mouth would be possible/look better?

It does look really good though (I'm a really big fan of Melee Yoshi's design)
Uhhh....

It doesn't quite work..

Yoshi's always looked kind of strange. To be honest, in the end, the only way to not make him creepy would be to not have the green at all, and only have the spikes, saddle and shoes.

Abyssal Lagiacrus

NNID
LugiaTheGuardian
3DS FC
2981-6257-4399
Ah I see why you don't put the eyes on him. It's pretty funny that the more you put on Yoshi in this style, the creepier he gets

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
Okay... I said this was a mini-wave, and in truth, it did take a lot less time than usual because most of them are Yoshi recolors.

I've not even begun to really do Yoshi though. I'll have to do more colors like brown, white and orange. But I've tonight I did Smash 4 and Melee Yoshis in addition to Raphael, the Stork, Yoshi + Baby Mario, Yoshi + Baby Luigi, Poochy and Kamek.

Whew!

But I'm particularly happy with Raphael.

Abyssal Lagiacrus

NNID
LugiaTheGuardian
3DS FC
2981-6257-4399
Ayy Kevandre, just a disclaimer I kind of feel bad for this question because I know that they're hella complicated, but it's worth a shot because I love your style so much. Would 1 or both of these be possible?

If they are too complicated, please let me know. I don't want to force you to make these if they're too much.

And the icon behind be like

The first one is an Abyssal Lagiacrus, and the second one is just a normal Lagiacrus. I dunno if the second one isn't usable since it has a whole ocean and whatnot

Last edited:

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
Ayy Kevandre, just a disclaimer I kind of feel bad for this question because I know that they're hella complicated, but it's worth a shot because I love your style so much. Would 1 or both of these be possible?

If they are too complicated, please let me know. I don't want to force you to make these if they're too much.

And the icon behind be like

The first one is an Abyssal Lagiacrus, and the second one is just a normal Lagiacrus. I dunno if the second one isn't usable since it has a whole ocean and whatnot
It's.. Probably doable, though definitely the most complex thing I'd have done so far. I can probably give it a try but I've noticed that when I do super detailed they tend to not come out so well. But I'll try in the next couple days. I'm trying to work through Diamond & Pearl right now and then some older Fire Emblem games (Fire Emblem is far and away my most popular franchise)

Abyssal Lagiacrus

NNID
LugiaTheGuardian
3DS FC
2981-6257-4399
It's.. Probably doable, though definitely the most complex thing I'd have done so far. I can probably give it a try but I've noticed that when I do super detailed they tend to not come out so well. But I'll try in the next couple days. I'm trying to work through Diamond & Pearl right now and then some older Fire Emblem games (Fire Emblem is far and away my most popular franchise)
Wow man, I'm very appreciative that you'll give it a try. Definitely take your time, don't feel like I expect it in a set time. I'm appreciative that you're even doing it at all, thank you.

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
I never thought I'd actually have fans.

Hopefully that'll happen when I finally start making my games.

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
@ Abyssal Lagiacrus Abyssal Lagiacrus

The Sunburst was the part that gave me a headache! But in doing this stuff I actually learned a lot of useful things about Illustrator so thank you!

I've never played Monster Hunter so I'm not sure if this looks right or not, but I did my best. Let me know if there are any improvements you'd like me to make before uploading it to Redbubble.

I'm not certain if the regular Lagiacrus will look good because it's pretty much a uniform color. It's why I haven't done Princess Ruto, lol. Kirby and Jiggs were a pain too

Last edited:

Abyssal Lagiacrus

NNID
LugiaTheGuardian
3DS FC
2981-6257-4399
That's better; I hate to be such a thorn right now, but maybe a bit more towards the center and a bit bigger?

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
That's excellent! Thanks for doing this, it is my username for a reason, lel.
I'm just glad you like my stuff, yo. When I did this in the beginning I was like "People will think this is cool I guess" but I never thought I'd actually make money off of it. And it's fun! It was just Smash but now it's even slightly delved past Nintendo's franchises altogether!

http://www.redbubble.com/people/kevandre/works/14202056-abyssal-lagiacrus-sunset-shores

Abyssal Lagiacrus

NNID
LugiaTheGuardian
3DS FC
2981-6257-4399
Man that is going to make one dope shirt bro!

Ye, it actually makes me happy to wear these shirts because the designs are so cool.

Top Bottom