• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunset Shore Silhouettes (Check out my deviantart page for more characters!)

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
DK & Diddy updated. This fur... I swear. That feel when Illustrator crashes before you're ALMOST done and you decided not to save along the way. Odin save me

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
The rest of them are vector now, updated!

I'm going to finish up the shirt concepts soon. Here's a tease:

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
I don't know if anyone pays attention to this thread anymore, but I wanted to say that we're underway. I made my first sale today. :)

It was a Dr. Mario Travel Mug.

I'm so stoked about this you guys. You don't even freaking know.

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
I've added characters who were cut now! I did not give them pallet swaps but I may eventually.

I will do another one for Mewtwo when we get his official Smash 4 render.

Last edited:

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
Hey I can not see your "images" and I would like to download one from Zero Suit Samus, do you think you could send it on e-mail to me, or Facebook or Inbox (Zero Suit Samus on her Orange and Blue swim suit)
Just sent a conversation message.

HFlash

Future Physician and Sm4sher
NNID
HFlash
This is absolutely amazing. Great job! Wish I was as artistically talented as you

HFlash

Future Physician and Sm4sher
NNID
HFlash
Talented nonetheless. I wanna use the images for my signature but make em small like you have em. How would I go about doing this? (I'm an art noob so sorry in advanced lol)

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
Talented nonetheless. I wanna use the images for my signature but make em small like you have em. How would I go about doing this? (I'm an art noob so sorry in advanced lol)
You can just size them down in Photoshop if you have it. Or tell me which ones you want and I can do it for you.

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
I've now done Mega Charizard and Mega Lucario!

They have merchandise too!

I will most likely do other transformations like Giga Bowser as well, just not right now. :)

Last edited:

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
By the way- Today I went through and resized a lot of the Shirt designs... They should be much higher quality now. :)

Last edited:

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
I did another stage. I had to do something while waiting for my movie to download.

Foggy Fumes
(Donkey Kong Country Returns)

Yep, another silhouette-based DK level. This is the third one, this time going back to Returns.

A fairly simple level, actually. Two hanging, drop-thruable platforms up top are stationary. Two multi-layered platforms on either side of the stage lower as well as a hook platform in the center at the lowest. Well, most the time.

VVVVVVVVVVVVP!​

Every 30 seconds, the hook platform will retract up to a higher position on the stage! Touching the pointy part of the hook doesn't feel too good so be sure to avoid it... or be sure to launch your opponents into it! It's not like Rumble Falls's spike though, it'll launch at higher percentages but mostly it just damages and throws you back away.

And of course... like the original stage, you'll get Mr. Game & Watch appearing in the background on occasion to hammer some pipes around.

I'm really proud of this one, it's the first silhouette stage that's completely vector. :)

Music:
Sunset Shores - Donkey Kong Country Returns
Fear Factory - Donkey Kong Country Returns
FJ7X Fear Factory
Forest Folly - Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze
Frozen Frenzy - Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze
Frantic Factory - Donkey Kong 64
Rusty Bucket Bay - Banjo Kazooie

Schir

Smash Rookie
I have wallpapers now too. :)

Gallery is here!
Man, I am really not sure about that gradient on the wallpapers. I feel like they might look better if you kept more to the minimalistic style of the silhouettes, kind of like this:
Or this:
Possibly even this:

Either way, I'm really digging how these silhouettes look and I'd totally buy one of those t-shirts if I had any money.

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
Man, I am really not sure about that gradient on the wallpapers. I feel like they might look better if you kept more to the minimalistic style of the silhouettes, kind of like this:
Or this:
Possibly even this:

Either way, I'm really digging how these silhouettes look and I'd totally buy one of those t-shirts if I had any money.
I definitely appreciate your input. I'm definitely willing to let anyone who wants to do a wallpaper do it. I just thought it looked pretty good with the gradients

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
As an aside- I've started doing non-Smash Nintendo characters as well...

So far I've only done Donkey Kong and Fire Emblem Awakening- FEA still incomplete (but not for long!) I plan to take a break from FE after Awakening is done to do some other franchises and then I will return to it.

Check them out here.

Buy merchandise here.

My wife says that profits from selling shirts are my video game fund... And after the Direct the other day, I need to sell a lot of shirts. Lol.

Last edited:

Abyssal Lagiacrus

Fly across the high seas and mountains
NNID
LugiaTheGuardian
3DS FC
2981-6257-4399
Jesus Christ these are beautiful, I'm definitely going to be looking at buying multiple shirts/hoodies next month when i get paid.

Will you be putting all alternate colors on the shop by chance? I'm already looking at the Iggy and the Mega Charizard X designs that are up there, but I'd love if these designs were available too, as they're the preferred alts of my secondaries.

Unless of course they're already up there, in which case I missed them.
Love what you're doing here, keep it up.

Last edited:

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
Jesus Christ these are beautiful, I'm definitely going to be looking at buying multiple shirts/hoodies next month when i get paid.

Will you be putting all alternate colors on the shop by chance? I'm already looking at the Iggy and the Mega Charizard X designs that are up there, but I'd love if these designs were available too, as they're the preferred alts of my secondaries.

Unless of course they're already up there, in which case I missed them.
Love what you're doing here, keep it up.
That's definitely something I can look into. I wasn't wanting to oversaturate the store with all the alternate colors, but I already had done it for a few of them so I can definitely add special requests no problem. :)

I will have to do it when I get home this afternoon though.

Abyssal Lagiacrus

NNID
LugiaTheGuardian
3DS FC
2981-6257-4399
That's definitely something I can look into. I wasn't wanting to oversaturate the store with all the alternate colors, but I already had done it for a few of them so I can definitely add special requests no problem. :)

I will have to do it when I get home this afternoon though.
Very much appreciated!

Last edited:

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
Very much appreciated!
Would you prefer the Smash Sunburst or Pokemon and F Zero ones?

Smash being in the current ones... Or these, which I will use for other characters both playable and not playable in Smash

Last edited:

Abyssal Lagiacrus

NNID
LugiaTheGuardian
3DS FC
2981-6257-4399
Would you prefer the Smash Sunburst or Pokemon and F Zero ones?

Smash being in the current ones... Or these, which I will use for other characters both playable and not playable in Smash

Hmm, I think I would prefer the Smash sunburst for Charizard,

but dear sweet mary jesus i need that f-zero sunburst for the good captain
Thanks for all you're doing, these are amazing

Last edited:

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
Beautiful, next month can't come any faster
Cool beans man. I picked up a Female Robin shirt and it was great quality too so you'll definitely like it.

Plus this is my entire fund for buying video games so excuse me if I'm a little pushy lol

Abyssal Lagiacrus

NNID
LugiaTheGuardian
3DS FC
2981-6257-4399
Cool beans man. I picked up a Female Robin shirt and it was great quality too so you'll definitely like it.

Plus this is my entire fund for buying video games so excuse me if I'm a little pushy lol
Don't worry about it, I'm very excited about these shirts and I'm glad for all the effort you're putting into it. And it helps that I enjoy helping people out too

--

@ Kevandre Kevandre Since you actually got a shirt, would you suggest getting a size or two bigger than what I need, or is the sizing pretty good?

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
Don't worry about it, I'm very excited about these shirts and I'm glad for all the effort you're putting into it. And it helps that I enjoy helping people out too

--

@ Kevandre Kevandre Since you actually got a shirt, would you suggest getting a size or two bigger than what I need, or is the sizing pretty good?
I'm of the opinion that you should always 1 up it, though ii didn't this time and it fits fine. But I probably will do bigger next time too

@ Meowser Meowser I'm sorry that's taken so long, I'll do him next, probably tonight.

Abyssal Lagiacrus

NNID
LugiaTheGuardian
3DS FC
2981-6257-4399
I'm of the opinion that you should always 1 up it, though ii didn't this time and it fits fine. But I probably will do bigger next time too

@ Meowser Meowser I'm sorry that's taken so long, I'll do him next, probably tonight.
To be fair, I enjoy my shirts to be roomy and loose, so going a size up would probably be ideal. Thanks!

(I also like Giga Bowser and might get that too hnnnnng)

:yoshimelee:

Last edited:

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
I'm waiting for my wife to get out of her hair appointment (going on two hours...) And then I'll get started on Giga Bowser when I get home as well as the next series I plan on starting.

Top Bottom