• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

Q-Long

Smash Lord
It was MarioTehPlumber. He's an infamous youtube troll. He stepped forward via 4chan. He had a friend at ACP-PLV commission it to be produced as per his regular workflow. He had another person physically make the roster. His goal was essentially to piss off the entire internet at once and bring about as suffering as possible. He's a genuinely horrible and remorseless person, who is happy when people are angry or upset. But this is the behavior he has undertaken online for nearly a decade. The last time he messed with smash was buying up hundreds of rare amiibo in mass just so that fans couldn't have them. And that's just one of his many "exploits"
Wow I'm reading his twitter.

I wonder what is wrong with this guy.

He was trying prove a point, that nintendo would disappoint alot of fanbases, which he successfully did, but also he comes across as a massive asshole.

Also could he be sued by the guy who's name was on snapchat? Or was that is friend? Cause I'm guessing that guy was the insider.

AlliwantisIsaac

Smash Cadet
It was MarioTehPlumber. He's an infamous youtube troll. He stepped forward via 4chan. He had a friend at ACP-PLV commission it to be produced as per his regular workflow. He had another person physically make the roster. His goal was essentially to piss off the entire internet at once and bring about as suffering as possible. He's a genuinely horrible and remorseless person, who is happy when people are angry or upset. But this is the behavior he has undertaken online for nearly a decade. The last time he messed with smash was buying up hundreds of rare amiibo in mass just so that fans couldn't have them. And that's just one of his many "exploits"
No way... ok this makes me upset. What about the chad ganondorf guy. Was he in on it too?

?!?!?!

Smash Ace
Wow I'm reading his twitter.

I wonder what is wrong with this guy.

He was trying prove a point, that nintendo would disappoint alot of fanbases, which he successfully did, but also he comes across as a massive *******.

Also could he be sued by the guy who's name was on snapchat? Or was that is friend? Cause I'm guessing that guy was the insider.
This is the same guy who bought a bunch of rosalina amiibos and pretty much was one of the main reasons they got so expensive back in smash 4

He's a massive troll lol

Last edited:

pholtos

Smash Journeyman
I'm gonna give it some time before I figure out what I'm gonna do. Sleep... helped I think.

I do have to admit that the "adventure" mode seems pretty neat, the cutscene was nice. Got a bit of a laugh out of WFT and Snake despite my bad mood. And hey, I'm happy Pichu is back, was one of my favorites.

I say we band together with other highly wanted characters who got slapped in the face this direct with the AT treatment to get them upgraded to playable. It'd be nice if there was a new precedence, where Assists were the most likely to get upgraded to Playable, rather than characters who get added as literal advertisements.

I say Isaac, Skull Kid, Shadow, Waluigi, Black Knight, etc. fans band together to try to make the unlikely possible.

I say we not give up.

Clumsyzephyr

Smash Journeyman
In all honesty, I honestly found a lot of the info in the direct kinda disappointing. No trophies, Spirits doesn't seem all that interesting, weird online setup. I think it only made the disappointment in what characters were revealed and decomfirmed worse.

spinalwolf

Smash Apprentice
Yeah but at least Sakurai has mentioned why those 2 weren't playable. He won't say anything about Isaac
What are you even talking about? No where did sakurai ever mention the reasoning for why k.rool wasn't added to the roster previously unlike Ridley.

Gioka

Smash Journeyman
We just have to get louder and LOUDER as time goes on. As a composer I'll make it my duty to try to get some arrangements of GS music out into the world so even more people are exposed to it. If we all play our part, we can pull it off. The supporters of Ridley and K. Rool didn't give up and look where they are now. I will happily be repping Golden Sun on November 11th and I encourage everybody in this thread to do the same.
Do let us know, I will roll it around gladly! I don't have as much of a following, but my Cosplay page has around 1k likes so maybe it helps?
Do you guys think it still would've felt this bad had he been revealed as an AT in August instead?
Definitely not. It would have been a kinder way of presenting it, literally the problem was every day passing seemed Isaac was more and more possible taking into account the evidence, so a deconfirmation earlier on would have been taken with less rage.
I’ve decided that this is what I am going to do for us golden sun fans. If god is my witness, these are the tasks I will take upon myself to make the dream alive. I have believed in Isaacs inclusion for 10 years. Today I saw one of my favorite youtubers billybae10k get his heart broken. I only hope to god he’s okay. I’ve been in this fight for so long that I now know it’s going to take more than before for us to achieve this goal. I will prepare myself.
I’m the name of the golden sun I will

Become a competitive smash ultimate player with the name of Solar. I will cosplay as either Isaac or Matthew at each smash venue I go to and have my player tag in game be I.p (Isaac please) or Camelot!!!!

Make a social media following and become a supporting youtuber. I once had a YouTube channel of 10k subs a while back so I’m going to use my gift to rally people again. I want to get my voice out there on smash again.

Spread the word of golden sun more than I ever have. I will lend others my copies of the games and make fan art of the characters from golden sun to help the social media pushes like this one.

Finally I’m not leaving you guys here on smashboards. The past two and a half months of me being here were wonderful as you guys were so friendly and re kindled my past love for the series when I abandoned all hope during smash 4. And though we got what we hoped we wouldn’t today, I will fight. I came here for Isaac. I won’t leave without him.
I will support you fully. In case you ever need help, let me know, I am not an expert but I have cosplayed for a while and even if we are probably not from the same place whatever I can do to support, I'd love. Actually I was thinking on starting a collection of Golden Sun cosplays and keep cosplaying GS characters until we get a response.

TheBrainJem

Smash Hero
NNID
TheBrainJem
Last edited:
We can all play a part in raising awareness for Golden Sun. Whether it be cosplaying at a convention or even something small like having a Djinn keychain. Do something and show your love for the series. It will go a long way if we all do something.

I started remixing music solely because I was inspired by Golden Sun’s soundtrack. I’m thinking I’ll go back into it and post remixes on to the reddit smash boards whenever dlc speculations come around. There was a golden sun remix post that got over 2k upvotes within the first day and a lot of non GS fans expressed how great it was.

Find unique ways to show your love for the franchise without beating forceful. Whether it be a YouTube channel, creating art, remixing music or whatever.

TheSpaceKing12

Smash Journeyman
NNID
IsaacForSSB4
3DS FC
2105-8706-4581
By any chance do you have a link to the 4chan thread where he stepped forward?
Got a photo. No link though. I wouldn't go onto that website if my life depended on it. MTP is his usernames initials. Anyways how do we know it's him?
1- It was right after the direct
2-MTP is a known longtime user of 4chan, talks like one in day to day life too
3-He uploaded several videos around the time of the chad-dorf leak alluding to something "big" proceeding to delete them when the leak took off\
4-He continually badgered the every living crap out of any reporter or insider who came out against the leak
5-He made a series of videos parodying Chris and Billy, as he hates smash and videos related to them.
6-He is french, so having connections to someone who can have that done at ACP is not a stretch
7-He hates people enough to do it.

So even if this -anonymous- post is discrete. He has a motive, a mindset, and means to do it. Which together is more than enough incriminating evidence in a court of law.

Attachments

D

Deleted member

MariotehPlumber? Guy I think use to hate Miiverse.

Seems like not a big Nintendo fan.

That's fine he's a good guy my best to him entitled to his option and all.

Oh well lake done. I guess.

Last edited by a moderator:

TheBrainJem

Smash Hero
NNID
TheBrainJem
Anyway regarding Isaac, while personally I wasn't well aware of the character until recently, I can say I did want to see him in alongside Waluigi as the Camelot bros, really sad to see both get shafted. But I think both of them will get their chance as DLC should people speak up for them. I'm fairly certain there's gonna a ton of dlc for this game, so why not a few upgrades right?

Consider this gal an Isaac supporter :)

tbuster766

Smash Journeyman
Got a photo. No link though. I wouldn't go onto that website if my life depended on it. MTP is his usernames initials. Anyways how do we know it's him?
3-He uploaded several videos around the time of the chad-dorf leak alluding to something "big" proceeding to delete them when the leak took off\
4-He continually badgered the every living crap out of any reporter or insider who came out against the leak
5-He made a series of videos parodying Chris and Billy, as he hates smash and videos related to them.
6-He is french, so having connections to someone who can have that done at ACP is not a stretch

So even if this -anonymous- post is discrete. He has a motive, a mindset, and means to do it. Which together is more than enough incriminating evidence in a court of law.
Wow that's really sad. Although I can find myself ironically agreeing with some of his points about Nintendo's marketing, insiders, and dlc choices (sorry but that direct got me to die a little on the inside) , if this is true it's sad that someone would spend enough time and resources to create an elaborate hoax for the reasons listed.

Edit: I wish ACP were able to make a statement of sorts to put this leak to the grave in that regard. I really feel bad for them after what apparently an employee did with his buddy to gain internet fame temporarily.

Last edited:

TappyBat

Smash Ace
Anyway regarding Isaac, while personally I wasn't well aware of the character until recently, I can say I did want to see him in alongside Waluigi as the Camelot bros, really sad to see both get shafted. But I think both of them will get their chance as DLC should people speak up for them. I'm fairly certain there's gonna a ton of dlc for this game, so why not a few upgrades right?

Consider this gal an Isaac supporter :)
i can't see them being kicked out of snowglobe hell and made playable in the same game at all. they don't even have full moves!

Sentinel07

Smash Apprentice
Trademark renewel, growth evidence, ultra convincing banner leak. Why couldn't they just cut him entirely and given us a bigger glimmer of hope? I'd rather he be removed than be a damn AT. I'm sorry to the other threads who wanted their character in but got shafted with the AT label, but seriously Isaac is the best candidate out of all to be made playable.

Why would sakurai make him an AT in brawl, cut him from smash 4 but keep the music, and then bring him back as an AT after seeing the smash ballot results? on top of that, "saving" his reveal until the final direct was just downright mean. All the highly requested characters that were teased for months and months only to be shown off as items that will be forgotten.
Which reminds me, we still don't know what that plant item is don't we?

Wouldn't it be such a troll move if it turned out to be Growth anyway after all this....

SuperNintendoKid

Smash Lord
Mariotehplumber is not new news to me as a sonic fan (he was always screaming about how every modern sonic game crap and only classic sonic is good, calls anything hentai including rosalina and sonic's long spikes in his modern design, buys several rosalina amiibos because he hates her and doesnt want her fans to be happy, and also lives in the same country as me, so on my behalf i apologize we have this guy) and honestly when he went out and said he did it, it did not suprise me that he would make something this elaborate, he really doesnt care about anyone else but himself

Last edited:

SPEN18

Smash Champion
Hey guys, I'm new here. Like many of you, I was pretty disappointed by the direct today and the roster in general. I've been following this thread and the speculation for quite a while now; I've read most of the pages in this thread since E3. Tbh, I wasn't really hyped at all with the initial reveal of the game; Smash 4 kinda took a lot of my aspirations for characters away. But then Ridley gave me a bit more hope for characters like Isaac to join the battle. Unfortunately, this did not come to pass, but this direct has really made me feel like I should come out of the shadows a little bit and show my support for the characters I'd like to have in the game someday.

Anyway, I first encountered Isaac and Golden Sun when I saw his assist in Brawl. I thought he was a really cool character and supported him casually until I finally played GS, which is now among my favorite video games. GS is one of those games that just gives you the right "feel." It's one of those games that dazzles with simple mechanics which provide an incredible amount of depth; it cuts out most of the "fluff" you see in a lot of RPGs. The world and story are among the more compelling ones I've seen in video games. It baffles me that Sakurai didn't consider a GS rep more seriously.

I don't know what Isaac being an AT again means for the future of GS, but I'm here to say that I will continue to support his inclusion.

True Blue Warrior True Blue Warrior may I be added to the list of supporters?

MysticKnives

Smash Ace
"taken from the ballot" my *** why bother trying next time too? everyone will just get thrown under the bus again casue he clearly doesn't care about anything but mario, pokemon and kirby! sobs
I get the frustration but that just isn’t true

TempestSurge

Smash Ace
Haven't talked about this much earlier but another thing about Isaac getting AT'd that gets you down in the dumps is that if Isaac, who's one of the most popular unrepped Nintendo franchise to yet get in Smash can't even make it to playable status, then it makes it feel really futile to bother even getting behind support of some less popular ones. Like how now it's Saki's turn for his assist to disappear completely despite making the jump to 4 from Brawl when Isaac didn't.

That's really what I liked about the Grinch Leak, seeing three more new Nintendo franchises alongside Inkling. But seems like they do remain the only new Nintendo rep which takes me by surprise honestly. Not sure if I ever see myself getting heavily involved in any Smash speculation scene for another character after this crazy roller coaster with Isaac. You really can't predict Sakurai no matter what.

Last edited:

TheBrainJem

Smash Hero
NNID
TheBrainJem
i can't see them being kicked out of snowglobe hell and made playable in the same game at all. they don't even have full moves!
Well I'm pretty sure that most fighters during the development stage :p

I'm pretty sure they would be made from the ground up like other characters, maybe using the assist trophy models since both received new HD models this game

AlliwantisIsaac

Smash Cadet

There's a special kind of hell for these guys.

KoopaSaki

Smash Ace
Do you guys think sakurai and Camelot are now aware of all the demand and outcry Isaac has now? Cause after this, I’m only going to support Isaac more than ever. Smash just isn’t complete to me without him.

Clumsyzephyr

Smash Journeyman
Do you guys think sakurai and Camelot are now aware of all the demand and outcry Isaac has now? Cause after this, I’m only going to support Isaac more than ever. Smash just isn’t complete to me without him.
From how they showcased Isaac, it sorta seems like they do know.

TappyBat

Smash Ace
possibly. and they still won't do a damn thing

MacSmitty

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Seeker624
Switch FC
SW 1823 5909 5682
Mariotehplumber is not new news to me as a sonic fan (he was always screaming about how every modern sonic game crap and only classic sonic is good, calls anything hentai including rosalina and sonic's long spikes in his modern design, buys several rosalina amiibos because he hates her and doesnt want her fans to be happy, and also lives in the same country as me, so on my behalf i apologize we have this guy) and honestly when he went out and said he did it, it did not suprise me that he would make something this elaborate, he really doesnt care about anyone else but himself
Mariotehplumber? Now that's a name I haven't heard in ages.

Sentinel07

Smash Apprentice
Hello Isaac fans there was something I was thinking about. A idea I had in mind. I know both of our character suffer the same fate (Shadow). But I was wondering would you mind teaming up along with Shadow fans to get our two characters playable? I believe if we can all group up to let our voices be heard we may get some type of recognition. I know our two characters are different but I can’t feel the slap in the face that our two fanbases had to witness. This is just a idea you don’t have to agree with to this.
I'd be all for it. Heck, I was hoping Shadow would make it if Isaac didn't, since Shadow is my favorite Sonic character. :)

TempestSurge

Smash Ace
Since Sakurai is known to watch some reactions to character reveals. If he watches the Nintendo NY event one, there's a whole collective, 'Nooo!!!' at Isaac's assist trophy reveal.

So essentially:

Tyra.gif

But no, I am actually touched by how much people did want Isaac, I was wary of watching reactions in fear of the, 'Ha Ha he's just an assist!' type of reaction. I mean there's likely some of that somewhere but this makes you feel like maybe it is possible to turn this around, but of course I'm not holding my breath.

Top Bottom