• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

?!?!?!

Smash Ace
Ridley failed to be playable 4 times. K rool 4 times. And We've failed 3. (4 if you count SSB4 DLC) I'd say this DLC round is our time to shine, if promotions can happen.
Yeah but at least Sakurai has mentioned why those 2 weren't playable. He won't say anything about Isaac

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I ain't gonna lie tbh. Although I wasn't a supporter. Seeing Isaac as an assist again did actually hurt me a bit. Not for me but to all of you. Because I can understand all his supporters pain in him not getting in. Although my boi K. Rool got in I can only imagine if it was him instead. That and from everything I read about Isaac. He really would had been a very fun character to play that I gladly would had tried out.

I'm again sorry for your loss guys. You worked so long and hard in trying to get your Golden Boy. None of you didn't deserve this...:(

Last edited:

FantastiqueFran

Smash Cadet
NNID
Haruki-KunST
Let me just say this: It's sad that once again, Isaac has been relegated to AT. However, I'll still give my congratulations to all the people who did get their favorite characters in Smash. I'm happy to see Ken and The Belmonts in the game, a new story mode, and overall the entire roster's back. That's something that I can at least smile about.

I'll wait until the DLC Fighter Packs are revealed. So yeah, I'm willing to wait until 2020. I mean, used Ultimate copies will probably cost less by then, so it's befitting that I'll wait and see. Hopefully, the DLC Fighters will be interesting ones, but I fear that they'll just be more 3rd party characters brought in only by advertisement value alone.

Although I have to admit that my hope for Isaac being in Smash has hit rock bottom, I'll still support him. This fanbase is perhaps one of the best fandoms I have ever had the honor of being apart of. You all are kind, chill, funny, and most importantly determined to spread the word. It's unfathomable of how this fandom was able to rally so many supporters during and after the Direct.

As I write this, it brings tears to my eye knowing how much love and support this game has.

Either to see Isaac in Smash as a playable character or just having a new Golden Sun game in general, the Golden Sun fandom remains undeterred as ever. You all have shown me that giving up should never be an option and to always have a glimmer of hope, no matter how small it may be.

And I'll continue to support Isaac. Count me in on the support. I will do my very best to keep @GoldenPsynergy alive on Twitter for as much as I can.

"The sun sets, but it will rise once more... Someday."

QcSlayer

Smash Journeyman
Was pretty hyped until I realized this was 1 year ago. Come on Golden Sun 4! Even a Golden Sun Trilogy would be hype.
One year ago they were working on a tennis game, but know they can do whatever they want.

If I remember correctly Camelot was recruiting one year ago, I just can't find the article.

After all they need a lot of peoples to make an RPG.

KoopaSaki

Smash Ace
Anybody thinking we should help the Waluigi guys out so assist trophy promotions could be more likely? Cause if that is successful and considering Camelot made Waluigi, don’t you think it could open the gate for Isaac as well?

?!?!?!

Smash Ace
Anybody thinking we should help the Waluigi guys out so assist trophy promotions could be more likely? Cause if that is successful and considering Camelot made Waluigi, don’t you think it could open the gate for Isaac as well?
If AT promotions are actually a thing (highly unlikely) then waluigi is definitely the first to be promoted

I would support them. Imo he was a more feasible Mario rep in smash than a piranha plant anyways

Jupiter Ivan

Smash Ace
One year ago they were working on a tennis game, but know they can do whatever they want.

If I remember correctly Camelot was recruiting one year ago, I just can't find the article.

After all they need a lot of peoples to make an RPG.
Well. It’s something to hope for at least lol.

Isaac in Smash was never my end goal to begin with. Mine was the revival of Golden Sun. I just hoped his inclusion as a fighter would be the catalyst to gun for a new Golden Sun game, but... well...

That being said I don’t think it hurts in the slightest to send formal letter to both Nintendo and the Takahashi bros. I would advise against being annoying tho. Don’t harass them. We need to be as kind as possible. We need to show that people care about this franchise.

That being said I wouldn’t get too excited at the prospect at this point in time. We’re still relatively small here. Numbers speak volumes when it comes to companies. And Nintendo’s no different. Obviously.

Tiymako

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Tiymako
3DS FC
3969-4335-6560
Switch FC
4983-0183-9411

Isaac in Smash was never my end goal to begin with. Mine was the revival of Golden Sun. I just hoped his inclusion as a fighter would be the catalyst to gun for a new Golden Sun game, but... well...

That being said I don’t think it hurts in the slightest to send formal letter to both Nintendo and the Takahashi bros. I would advise against being annoying tho. Don’t harass them. We need to be as kind as possible. We need to show that people care about this franchise.

That being said I wouldn’t get too excited at the prospect at this point in time. We’re still relatively small here. Numbers speak volumes when it comes to companies. And Nintendo’s no different. Obviously.
Took the words right out of my mouth, let's work together to revive Golden Sun!! #BringBackTheSun #GoldenSun

Last edited:

Flynn.Scifo

Smash Ace
The plant ... the ****ing plant ... yea I’m still mad.
At least Incineroar looks cool and makes me want to cuddle him.

Also I’m sorry but Isaac AT don’t look that great imo and omg he still have that super annoying voice ! This is a nightmare...

Last edited:

Q-Long

Smash Lord
Camelot must have heard all of the hype. From the Rathalos thing to the Grinch Leak to the Sprout to the Polls to the sadness from this.

Also Felix for Smash. :B

TheSpaceKing12

Smash Journeyman
NNID
IsaacForSSB4
3DS FC
2105-8706-4581
Yes. Absolutely. Is there still a waluigi thread on smashboards? If yes, i'm going there and signing on as a supporter immediately.

xAquaCrystal

Smash Journeyman
Hello Isaac fans there was something I was thinking about. A idea I had in mind. I know both of our character suffer the same fate (Shadow). But I was wondering would you mind teaming up along with Shadow fans to get our two characters playable? I believe if we can all group up to let our voices be heard we may get some type of recognition. I know our two characters are different but I can’t feel the slap in the face that our two fanbases had to witness. This is just a idea you don’t have to agree with to this.

WarioJim

Smash Apprentice
I know it's sad about Isaac being an AT, but I urge you Isaac supporters not to lose hope. Keep asking for him, even though he's an AT, show your support and you may just get Isaac sooner than you think. (I've never played GS, but I don't like to see a fellow Smash community so down on itself.)

In fact, imagine this scenario: Isaac was made into and AT on purpose so that Sakurai could surprise players by revealing him as DLC, then replacing the Isaac AT with the similar looking Matthew instead.

Now that is an extremely unlikely idea and Sakurai already decided on the DLC roster, but I think the point I'd like to get across is that don't let AT status make you think it's impossible (after all, Sakurai made Piranha Plant happen). The series trademark was renewed somewhat recently and Isaac is the only AT that returned from Brawl (beside Gray Fox), so keep trying, never give up!

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Yeah I think I'm gonna head out of this thread for a good half year to full year. Character is gonna be MIA until then, but sometime in that span we can get the movement going.

QcSlayer

Smash Journeyman
Hello Isaac fans there was something I was thinking about. A idea I had in mind. I know both of our character suffer the same fate (Shadow). But I was wondering would you mind teaming up along with Shadow fans to get our two characters playable? I believe if we can all group up to let our voices be heard we may get some type of recognition. I know our two characters are different but I can’t feel the slap in the face that our two fanbases had to witness. This is just a idea you don’t have to agree with to this.

Sign me in, together we are stronger!

Q-Long

Smash Lord
The thing about waluigi is while there are alot of serious supporters

Alot of them were just memers and the memes spread and got alot of attraction. Everyone was in on the joke of picking on waluigi because hes the sort of guy to poke fun of.

Ookami Ryo

Smash Rookie
psst GS isnt only about Isaac dont forget it I'm still confident about a rep for GS (Felix) since there are a lot of big franchises that have been sidelined I cant see any old franchise get a newcomer at this point (FF XC and Bayonetta excluded)

Q-Long

Smash Lord
I think supporting character promotion by having the banner characters fanbases world together would be cool. Add the assist fanbases in there too maybe

Saer2k

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Justin2k
3DS FC
1135-3138-2130
Switch FC
SW-1055-8581-7038

This is true, I was devastated about Isaac being an Assist Trophy (which quite frankly broke me for a good few hours), but
I do think we shouldn't give up yet. If anything Isaac being an Assist would actually be in our favor, I mean, Sakurai cared enough to put him back in.
He was also given a greater upgrade than he had from Brawl. So we got first step down which is having Isaac in the game again, then our next step is to make our voice loud and clear. We could also maybe and help out supporting other assist like Waluigi, Ashley, Shadow and etc.

If he doesn't get in the game that's fine, as long as we make sure our voices heard then I'm certain that Sakurai will consider
him for the next Smash. So don't give up now guys, we are only taking baby steps into a much larger event (Like maybe a Golden Sun 4 ;)).

TappyBat

Smash Ace
I know it's sad about Isaac being an AT, but I urge you Isaac supporters not to lose hope. Keep asking for him, even though he's an AT, show your support and you may just get Isaac sooner than you think. (I've never played GS, but I don't like to see a fellow Smash community so down on itself.)

In fact, imagine this scenario: Isaac was made into and AT on purpose so that Sakurai could surprise players by revealing him as DLC, then replacing the Isaac AT with the similar looking Matthew instead.

Now that is an extremely unlikely idea and Sakurai already decided on the DLC roster, but I think the point I'd like to get across is that don't let AT status make you think it's impossible (after all, Sakurai made Piranha Plant happen). The series trademark was renewed somewhat recently and Isaac is the only AT that returned from Brawl (beside Gray Fox), so keep trying, never give up!
matthew is a sticker.

LoopyBlack

Smash Cadet
Stopping by from the Black Knight thread our characters were deconfirmed simultaneously, we have a bond now to talk about why the AT reveal stung to literally everybody, myself included. Until now, we've had every reason to believe that Sakurai was prioritizing fan-requested characters. Ridley, Simon, K Rool, etc. With that in mind, Isaac seemed like a character that Sakurai would definitely prioritize. So when we saw the Isaac AT, we all collectively realized that Sakurai's priorities aren't anything close to what we thought they were. Before, we hoped that our enthusiasm was enough to get a character into Smash. Now? All those characters were unceremoniously deconfirmed. I feel like everybody is coming to terms with the fact that NONE of our characters are getting in. The roster is already great, but peoples' enthusiasm for the game is just drained now.

TappyBat

Smash Ace
Stopping by from the Black Knight thread our characters were deconfirmed simultaneously, we have a bond now to talk about why the AT reveal stung to literally everybody, myself included. Until now, we've had every reason to believe that Sakurai was prioritizing fan-requested characters. Ridley, Simon, K Rool, etc. With that in mind, Isaac seemed like a character that Sakurai would definitely prioritize. So when we saw the Isaac AT, we all collectively realized that Sakurai's priorities aren't anything close to what we thought they were. Before, we hoped that our enthusiasm was enough to get a character into Smash. Now? All those characters were unceremoniously deconfirmed. I feel like everybody is coming to terms with the fact that NONE of our characters are getting in. The roster is already great, but peoples' enthusiasm for the game is just drained now.
"taken from the ballot" my ass why bother trying next time too? everyone will just get thrown under the bus again casue he clearly doesn't care about anything but mario, pokemon and kirby! sobs

QcSlayer

Smash Journeyman
I think supporting character promotion by having the banner characters fanbases world together would be cool. Add the assist fanbases in there too maybe
Yeah the Grinch leak is almost what everyone wants, maybe we should a stick together to transform it into reality!

After all... Mr Grinch is the best thing that ever happened to smash!

Honest Slug

Smash Journeyman
I have to admit, that Isaac assist trophy was the single most painful moment I've ever had in Smash speculation history.

Clumsyzephyr

Smash Journeyman
Do you guys think it still would've felt this bad had he been revealed as an AT in August instead?

Last edited:

TheSpaceKing12

Smash Journeyman
NNID
IsaacForSSB4
3DS FC
2105-8706-4581
Did the grinch leaker ever come forward?
It was MarioTehPlumber. He's an infamous youtube troll. He stepped forward via 4chan. He had a friend at ACP-PLV commission it to be produced as per his regular workflow. He had another person physically make the roster. His goal was essentially to piss off the entire internet at once and bring about as suffering as possible. He's a genuinely horrible and remorseless person, who is happy when people are angry or upset. But this is the behavior he has undertaken online for nearly a decade. The last time he messed with smash was buying up hundreds of rare amiibo in mass just so that fans couldn't have them. And that's just one of his many "exploits"

Arsenal234

Smash Apprentice
I always felt like Isaac being playable was a means to an end (reviving Golden Sun), as opposed to the opposite. Regardless, the big goal for me is that we get a new Golden Sun game, that's what I want.
I know what you mean. To me I thought of it as Isaac getting into smash, and more people being familiar with him. Putting him as a playable character in smash gets him in front of millions of people. A good amount of people will look into the origin of Isaac, play Golden Sun and become new fans. With new fans (thousands potentially more) the GS community would ask Camelot for another GS game, this time the GS community would be backed with an army of fans, instead of a small band. With more people and a louder voice we could get a new GS game. It was really two birds with one stone in my eyes.

THE 6r

Smash Ace
NNID
6r$¢€£¥™©®
3DS FC
2981-7049-0538
Switch FC
SW-1195-6602-2525
I think this direct has given birth to a new movement, uniting the desperate ones that used to exist. The Grinch showed us how great the roster has the potential to be. We HAVE to keep being vocal. I know I sound like a broken record, but we should unify all those effected by the massacre to prove that this game can and should be more for the fans. I now get what Waluigi fans were saying; they were the first to realize that this game is Ultimate in name alone.

Phoebe3315

Smash Apprentice
Anyone saying they aren't getting the game anymore because of Isaac being an assist trophy... That isn't going to result in anything. It would be better to try to let Nintendo know you want a new Golden Sun game, and/or Isaac in the next Smash. I know many of you have wanted Isaac for a long time, but still, the Golden Sun series is being represented with music, Isaac's assist, and probably spirits. That stuff in such a high profile game is sure to increase awareness of Golden Sun. I knew nothing about Golden Sun before Brawl, which caused me to buy Dark Dawn because I liked the music and Isaac's assist. Sakurai has talked about how a completely unique character takes months to develop; he can't include that many new characters each game. And if he wants to be able to throw in a WTF character like Piranha Plant every now and then, why shouldn't he be able to? He never promised to only include the most highly requested characters, in fact doing that could be bad for the game. I do think Isaac would be a really cool addition, but again, at least he is being represented in pretty much the best way a non-playable character can be.

Sorry if any of that comes across as harsh. My most wanted is Elma because Xenoblade X is one of my favorite games ever....and that game has no music, no assist trophies, no characters (that we know of, unless a generic Skell counts as a "character") represented at all, even as a spirit. Sakurai skipped right over it to talk about Xenoblade 2 as if X doesn't exist. Am I going to cancel my pre-order and boycott the game until Elma (or even any amount of Sawano music) is in? No...because I still love so many of the characters already playable and I'm willing to appreciate Sakurai's work regardless of whether he doesn't do everything as I'd like. That, and there will always be games among my favorites that have no representation in Smash. Always...

Jupiter Ivan

Smash Ace
The roster is already great, but peoples' enthusiasm for the game is just drained now.
Well... that’s what happens when you end off the last Smash Direct with an echo literally everyone expected, a fire cat no one wanted and a generic Mario enemy...

Ugh. I shouldn’t say no one wanted Inciniroar. I’m sure he had his fans. And I’m sure they’re ecstatic.

I guess I haven’t really expressed my thoughts on the newcomers yet... well... here we go.

Ken: yup Ryu echo. Not surprising in the least. I don’t have much to say, honestly.

Inciniroar: The only saving grace is his moves are kinda cool. But... ugh. Why him? Why not Decidueye? Hell, why not a ****ing Ultra Beast? I’m not the biggest fan of Sun and Moon, but a playable Ultra Beast would have been cool AF. But no. Gotta go with a starter because easy to recognize...

Piranha Plant: I... I... actually... kinda... like it... ugh... but I’d love it if the rest of the Direct wasn’t a slaughterfest of hopes and dreams. Unfortunately Kenciniroar and Isaac’s AT deflated any joy I could have possibly taken from something as ridiculous as a playable Piranha Plant. It also sucks it’s a limited time DLC. Does that mean we have to pay for it down the line? Or is it exclusive to preorders only? Eew.

KoopaSaki

Smash Ace
I’ve decided that this is what I am going to do for us golden sun fans. If god is my witness, these are the tasks I will take upon myself to make the dream alive. I have believed in Isaacs inclusion for 10 years. Today I saw one of my favorite youtubers billybae10k get his heart broken. I only hope to god he’s okay. I’ve been in this fight for so long that I now know it’s going to take more than before for us to achieve this goal. I will prepare myself.
I’m the name of the golden sun I will

Become a competitive smash ultimate player with the name of Solar. I will cosplay as either Isaac or Matthew at each smash venue I go to and have my player tag in game be I.p (Isaac please) or Camelot!!!!

Make a social media following and become a supporting youtuber. I once had a YouTube channel of 10k subs a while back so I’m going to use my gift to rally people again. I want to get my voice out there on smash again.

Spread the word of golden sun more than I ever have. I will lend others my copies of the games and make fan art of the characters from golden sun to help the social media pushes like this one.

Finally I’m not leaving you guys here on smashboards. The past two and a half months of me being here were wonderful as you guys were so friendly and re kindled my past love for the series when I abandoned all hope during smash 4. And though we got what we hoped we wouldn’t today, I will fight. I came here for Isaac. I won’t leave without him.

Last edited:

tbuster766

Smash Journeyman
It was MarioTehPlumber. He's an infamous youtube troll. He stepped forward via 4chan. He had a friend at ACP-PLV commission it to be produced as per his regular workflow. He had another person physically make the roster. His goal was essentially to piss off the entire internet at once and bring about as suffering as possible. He's a genuinely horrible and remorseless person, who is happy when people are angry or upset. But this is the behavior he has undertaken online for nearly a decade. The last time he messed with smash was buying up hundreds of rare amiibo in mass just so that fans couldn't have them. And that's just one of his many "exploits"
By any chance do you have a link to the 4chan thread where he stepped forward?

TeamFlareZakk

Making Super Smash Bros a more beautiful world!
Does Matthew have a support thread? I would like to try to go for him for DLC.. Hes pretty much our only hope for getting a Golden Sun character playable right now.

Last edited:
Top Bottom