• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
So where does the GS fanbase go from here? Golden Sunday is a great start, but we need to do more. Are we doing Golden Sun events on release dates?

Golden Sun : August 1 2001 (Japan) November 11 2001 (NA) February 22 2002 (Europe)

The Lost Age: June 28 2002 (Japan) April 14 2003 (NA) September 19 2003 (Europe)

Dark Dawn: October 28 2010 (Japan) November 29 2010 (NA) December 10 2010 (Europe)

It would be great if we could do some special events in the future with special presentations. A video collaboration would be nice or a fanmade GS 4 animated trailer. Just a couple ideas I had. If we can pull the community together we will definitely drag Golden Sun back from the clutches of death.
We've talked about it a bit in the Discord. One place at least is for April 14th, though someone else proposed February 22 (which is a Friday, so we couldn't do a Golden Sunday that day obviously).

Nothing is finalized yet. Maybe we could do a mini event for Dark Dawn or something.

Jupiter Ivan

Smash Ace
That is just Isaac as a Chibi Ahaha! But I agree.

Again guys congrats and let's keep pushing for GS! I was planning on making some charms / Keychains to spread some GS love, aside from Isaac and Felix, who would you like to see on merch?
The Djinn, obviously. And if it does well enough. Why not the rest of the GS crew?

Other ideas for charms: The elemental Lighthouses, Sol Blade/Gaia Blade, maybe the menu icons for the different Psynergy. The list goes on!

Pinguino21v

Smash Ace

Again guys congrats and let's keep pushing for GS! I was planning on making some charms / Keychains to spread some GS love, aside from Isaac and Felix, who would you like to see on merch?
If you can send them in France, I'll take a lot of things.

You could do magnets of the lighthouses.

Edit: or Christmas things

Last edited:

Gioka

Smash Journeyman
The Djinn, obviously. And if it does well enough. Why not the rest of the GS crew?

Other ideas for charms: The elemental Lighthouses, Sol Blade/Gaia Blade, maybe the menu icons for the different Psynergy. The list goes on!
Love it! I will try to sketch some!
If you can send them in France, I'll take a lot of things.

You could do magnets of the lighthouses.

Edit: or Christmas things
I will be shipping internationally if I do make things <3 with two shipping options for different prices (to make it affordable)

QcSlayer

Smash Journeyman
What happened whit the rumored direct which was suppose to happen last week?
I want to know what Camelot is working on next.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
To those people on that article who think Isaac shouldn't be in because he, uh, looks too much like Link.

Excuse me what the f---?

Have you done a 20 second long google search into either character's design?

Do you realize that the colour of a character's hair doesn't effect if they get into the game or not?

Ugh.
If anything he looks most like Cloud, with the hair, JRPG look and the pose he holds his sword... but okay? Link? That one is new...

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Turns out to have either been false, or they got the date wrong.

If anything he looks most like Cloud, with the hair, JRPG look and the pose he holds his sword... but okay? Link? That one is new...
Blonde heroes all look the same, apparently. :rolleyes:

On what planet would one mix both of them up? Isaac never even wears green.

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink

As others have said, the Djinn and the famous weapons too would be awesome! Definitely the Golden Sun Symbol. Basically the Dark Dawn one without the shadow in the middle. I would get that in a heartbeat. I would love to get it as a keychain and a magnet for my car.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
There's been a rumor since late last month there'd be two Directs this month. It didn't feel right for there to be one last week, but a lot of rumors were reporting it. The updated rumors implied that it'd be just a Direct Mini last week.

In any case, there's definitely time now for a Direct late this month. Currently I don't predict it happening any time before Pokemon Let's Go.

Isaac: Venus Adept

Smash Lord
We still top 5 for most wanted DLC characters despite being an assist trophy.
https://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/...hbros_ultimate_character_hype_survey_results/

Last edited:

TheSpaceKing12

Smash Journeyman
NNID
IsaacForSSB4
3DS FC
2105-8706-4581
TheSpaceKing12 TheSpaceKing12 your video is brining up very good points. However, I don't agree with you comparing Isaac to King K.Rool.

Here's what's wrong with that comparision, and how Isaac lost ground based on this comparison.

-First of all. DKC is a legendary, 1st party owned, top 5 Nintendo franchise, possibly top 4 even only losing out to Mario, Zelda, Pokemon and possibly the Wii franchise consisting of the Mii Sport title, Wii fit and everything else Mii-related. It gets major attention from Nintendo, the DKC characters regulary crossing over with Mario, sharing a legendary arcade game with Mario as it's roots, and having major fan demand of returining which lead to the franchise fully returning to glory since Donkey Kong Country Returns.
-Donkey Kong Country has been ported many a times, every possible chance the game get's rereleased, they used. GameBoy Color? Had a DKC remake. GameBoy Advance? DKC trilogy remake. Wii Virtual console? DKC trilogy is on it. Wii U VC? Same thing. SNES Mini? DKC is on it.
-A HUGE FAN DEMAND that wanted King K.Rool return in the main franchise. The Kremling Kampain, reaching out to Retro / Rare employees.. such things. This also lead to massive ballot votes.
-Donkey Kong Country characters being in Smash Bros. since the first game, and Sakurai already being familiar with the franchise due to adding DK and Diddy Kong.

Donkey Kong Country was never comparable to Golden Sun honestly. Even DKC is handled poorly by Nintendo by Top 5 popularity standards..... Expecting Golden Sun getting a similar treatment to DKC, while it's not even getting the treatment it SHOULD'VE GOTTEN for decades is just... delusional honestly.

We all should do our best to make our demand for a new Golden Sun game be far more known. Twitter is great for getting this attention, I would join if I could tolerate Twitter, but I cannot. Camelot and Nintendo need to have Golden Sun in the back of their minds. Camelot even stated YEARS BACK: 'Want a new Golden Sun? ASK US!!' and we all didn't.....

If anything, we should celebrate the Isaac Assist Trophy honestly. Cause it's the best we've gotten since Brawl's AT status.
When my comparison to k rool was brought up. It wasn’t so in reference to the matter of legacy. Rather it was in reference purely to the smash side of things. Outside of smash, the legacy is unquestionable. K rool stomps Isaac, lmao. That wasn’t what I was suggesting. I was talking about how the K rool and Isaac support bases were similar purely in the context of smash. Characters tons and tons of people very vocally wanted. Being characters that many would call dead.

Last edited:

StrawHatX

Smash Lord
Off topic but Hollow Knight is in the top 50 most wantss Smash fighters wat?
It was just recently released on the Switch a few months ago so I’m sure a lot of people have it on their minds and liked the game. I don’t see any way The Knight makes it in as a playable character if Shovel Knight or Shantae didn’t though (assuming Shantae’s spirit deconfirms her).

Last edited:

KMDP

Smash Legend
Dammit I missed the event. Was sick all day yesterday and Saturday and I couldn't participate.

I'm just glad things worked out well for the event. Hopefully Nintendo takes notice.
I missed Golden Sunday as well.

Both because I've been sick the past few days, and also that I just plain forgot (I only really had the energy to frequent the main discussion thread the last few days, tbh).
I don't know if it has but thanks for sharing, learned many new things! And wow, didn't know the story and lore were referencing real world alchemy so much.
Yeah, it's actually something Pokémon and Golden Sun both have in common.

Seriously, there's a ton of references to Alchemy in Pokémon if you're willing to look for them, even from as far back as Gold and Silver.

Nimbostratus

Smash Journeyman
I missed Golden Sunday as well.

Both because I've been sick the past few days, and also that I just plain forgot (I only really had the energy to frequent the main discussion thread the last few days, tbh).

Yeah, it's actually something Pokémon and Golden Sun both have in common.

Seriously, there's a ton of references to Alchemy in Pokémon if you're willing to look for them, even from as far back as Gold and Silver.
Lol, I've only had enough energy to spend time anywhere but the main discussion thread. Every time I look at it, the General thread is full of constant talk about third parties like
Steve and Katalina
and leakers talking about how everything should count as a disconfirmation, including Spirits. Good for them, but it kind of seems like a depressing place for any first-party fans like myself. I'd rather than just wait and enjoy the game when it comes out than talk about that.
At least here I know there will be discussion here of something I'm actually interested in.

KMDP

Smash Legend
Lol, I've only had enough energy to spend time anywhere but the main discussion thread. Every time I look at it, the General thread is full of constant talk about third parties like
Steve and Katalina
and leakers talking about how everything should count as a disconfirmation, including Spirits. Good for them, but it kind of seems like a depressing place for any first-party fans like myself. I'd rather than just wait and enjoy the game when it comes out than talk about that.
At least here I know there will be discussion here of something I'm actually interested in.
You just have to come in at the right time.

The thread's been allowed to go on some wild tangents recently as well.

Frosty Pops

Smash Journeyman
:samus: If they aren't planning on doing a GS game solo perhaps they could make the NRPG (N is for Nintendo) and have characters from different franchises in it? Their library of characters is huge and it would be easier to implement alot of dormant franchises than a fighting game. I have been thinking about this for the past week and if done correctly could be a very interesting and awesome concept.

THE 6r

Smash Ace
NNID
6r$¢€£¥™©®
3DS FC
2981-7049-0538
Switch FC
SW-1195-6602-2525
:samus: If they aren't planning on doing a GS game solo perhaps they could make the NRPG (N is for Nintendo) and have characters from different franchises in it? Their library of characters is huge and it would be easier to implement alot of dormant franchises than a fighting game. I have been thinking about this for the past week and if done correctly could be a very interesting and awesome concept.
I mean, maybe? It seems like something that could, potentially force the big N to do something with those franchises when X character suddenly reappears, making the fanbase of their associated franchise more visible. I'm not sure that's a can of worms they want to open.

D

Deleted member

With Isaac being at number 5 and Rex/Pyra being at number 8 for most wanted DLC, I'm glad that people are starting to understand that the whole "AT/Mii Costumes/Final Smashes deconfirm characters" thing is just a fanmade rule

Last edited by a moderator:

Ninjaed

Smash Journeyman
With Isaac being at number 5 and Rex/Pyra being at number 8 for most wanted DLC, I'm glad that people are starting to understand that the whole "AT/Mii Costumes/Final Smashes deconfirm characters" thing is just a fanmade rule
Pretty amazing in fact that despite his assist trophy, Isaac took 5th place! Regardless of whether he makes it into Smash Ultimate, if Nintendo revives the series, that'd already be huge!

KoopaSaki

Smash Ace
Nothing yet but there should be one happening within the next few days I think. He still needs to talk about the direct
I just hope Sakurai brings the community to rest by claiming whether or not Spirits deconfirm the character or not as future DLC. I am still supporting Shantae deeply and I would not mind in the least if Matthew could make it in as DLC to promote a Golden Sun 4.

Tetiro

Smash Ace
I just hope Sakurai brings the community to rest by claiming whether or not Spirits deconfirm the character or not as future DLC. I am still supporting Shantae deeply and I would not mind in the least if Matthew could make it in as DLC to promote a Golden Sun 4.
It probably doesn't deconfirm a character. Because if it does, Sakurai just screwed a big amount of the DLC.

Geno, Golden Sun, Shantae, Dixie Kong etc etc. Unless it was marketing for future games (which would be kinda sucky), the characters he'd have to chose from would be very limited

Frosty Pops

Smash Journeyman
I mean, maybe? It seems like something that could, potentially force the big N to do something with those franchises when X character suddenly reappears, making the fanbase of their associated franchise more visible. I'm not sure that's a can of worms they want to open.
They wouldn't have to do it with everything obviously. But franchises that have been dormant for no reason at all (F-Zero, GS, etc.) would be great to represent in more than just Smash. Who wouldn't want a team of Fox, Samus, Isaac, and Captain Falcon wrecking some bad guys? Something like a dimensional rift where characters from different worlds and timelines all get thrown together. You could fight every big Nintendo baddie ever in one game, not to mention all of their minions.

ShadowYoshi04

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3067-9785-8173
It probably doesn't deconfirm a character. Because if it does, Sakurai just screwed a big amount of the DLC.

Geno, Golden Sun, Shantae, Dixie Kong etc etc. Unless it was marketing for future games (which would be kinda sucky), the characters he'd have to chose from would be very limited
Not necessarily. It's not that hard to think of 5 characters who aren't spirits or promotional.

TheSpaceKing12

Smash Journeyman
NNID
IsaacForSSB4
3DS FC
2105-8706-4581

Steve, katalina, slime or Sora, edlegaurd, koopa troopa or goombah. This is going to be hilariously bad. I’m just getting the popcorn ready to enjoy the show at this point

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink
Steve, katalina, slime or Sora, edlegaurd, koopa troopa or goombah. This is going to be hilariously bad. I’m just getting the popcorn ready to enjoy the show at this point
Kind of in the same boat as you. The real question is, who is going to be the first one revealed?

KMDP

Smash Legend
Not necessarily. It's not that hard to think of 5 characters who aren't spirits or promotional.
You know...

Why would ATs and Spirits disconfirm characters anyway?

Okay, hear me out. Look, in order to force it so that ATs and Spirits don't overlap with 1st Party (and some 3rd Party) DLC characters, those characters would have to not show up in any form whatsoever within the game (at least in the parts a normal player can see).

Let's say they were making (pulling a character we know is a spirit) Dixie Kong as a DLC fighter, when people get the game, fans will realise very quickly that Dixie is strangely missing from all parts of the game. This would immediately give away that they are doing something with Dixie (because she recently appeared in Tropical Freeze, so there's no way anyone would be justified in saying she's not important enough to show up or some claptrap like that).

This goes similarly with my thoughts on Isaac; let's say they're making Isaac as a DLC character, they would be justified in not including him as an Assist Trophy because he'll show up later, but that creates a minor problem; because of the general secrecy surrounding character inclusions, fans of Isaac will be left wondering where Isaac was had he not shown up as an AT, not only that, but there are Golden Sun spirits in the game (Felix and Matthew have been discovered), so if Felix and Matthew were spirits and Isaac was a no-show? That'd elicit a big "HMMMMMMMMMMM!" from the fans.

If Golden Sun didn't appear at all, then that'd send the wrong message to the fans (that Golden Sun isn't important enough to get into Smash).

What's better? Causing minor disappointment by introducing Isaac as an Assist Trophy before (hypothetically) DLC, or causing major disappointment (and/or rampant conspiracies) by not having him at all until (again, hypothetically) DLC? Not only that, but Isaac's appearance spurred Golden Sun fans to rally together to show their love for the franchise, which might not have happened if Isaac wasn't an Assist Trophy (because of crushed spirits).

I don't know, maybe I'm rambling.

MeatOfJustice

Smash Journeyman
Except Rex was "deconfirmed" by Sakurai himself. Remember when he said XC2 was too new to have been elegible for the Fighters Pass so he's giving us the costume?

Top Bottom