• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
So does the team switch thing in Golden Sun work like FNAF world where you can switch between two teams and if one faints the other comes out

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
One thing about Isaac’s AT that I noticed and didn’t really ever notice before, is how much shorter his hair is on the sides. Kind of a ****boi haircut of sorts. No wonder Mia and Jenna are all over him. It’s weird how a new character model can bring this out. He doesn’t have that kind of haircut in Dark Dawn anymore however. And I guess that makes me more a fan of Isaac’s Dark Dawn design.
So does the team switch thing in Golden Sun work like FNAF world where you can switch between two teams and if one faints the other comes out
You can switch characters from the main team to the bench team in the status screen when you open the menu. During battles you can also switch, but only once per turn. If all 4 characters are downed, the other party automatically takes over.

Last edited:

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
I was just wondering. If you had to classify each type in Pokemon as either Venus, Mars, Jupiter and Mercury where would you put each type?

Venus - Grass, Rock, Ground, Bug, Steel
Mars - Fire
Jupiter - Flying, Electric, Psychic, Ghost
Mercury - Water, Ice

Fighting, Dark, Normal, Fairy, Dragon, Poison

This is actually quite hard.... I guess you'd probably want to put the remaining in Mars and Mercury to bulk them out?

FlawedAI

Smash Ace
Man, #GoldenSunday is going better than I could've imagined! I've tweeted quite a bit, and I think we might be actually making some kind of impact! It's quite unfortunate today is also Veteran's Day in the U.S., huh...

Ninjaed

Smash Journeyman
I was just wondering. If you had to classify each type in Pokemon as either Venus, Mars, Jupiter and Mercury where would you put each type?

Venus - Grass, Rock, Ground, Bug, Steel
Mars - Fire
Jupiter - Flying, Electric, Psychic, Ghost
Mercury - Water, Ice

Fighting, Dark, Normal, Fairy, Dragon, Poison

This is actually quite hard.... I guess you'd probably want to put the remaining in Mars and Mercury to bulk them out?
Normal is without a type, so it'd be for people like Briggs who aren't Adepts.

Venus - Grass, Rock, Ground, Steel
Mars - Fire, Fighting, Dark, Dragon
Jupiter - Flying, Electric, Psychic, Bug
Mercury - Water, Ice, Fairy, Poison

Mars gets dragon for obvious reasons and dark because antagonists like Saturos & Menardi come from there.
I originally put Poison in Jupiter and Bug in Venus but with that set-up, Mercury ended up with the least of them (it was 5-4-4-3).

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I've been browsing seeing stuff on Twitter though I don't use the site.

Seems like a positive.

Give yourselves a pat on the back.

#GoldenSunday is rocking!

TappyBat

Smash Ace
Man, #GoldenSunday is going better than I could've imagined! I've tweeted quite a bit, and I think we might be actually making some kind of impact! It's quite unfortunate today is also Veteran's Day in the U.S., huh...
discord noticed us! I say it's going great even spite of veterans day!

TheSpaceKing12

Smash Journeyman
NNID
IsaacForSSB4
3DS FC
2105-8706-4581
This is the video i've been working on. I want it to be said that the majority of the things i've talked about here are in direct relation to my own observations, and thoughts. I've seen the attitude and mindset shift in the general direction suggested within the video. So perhaps you could call it obsolete. Though, I think it's still important to have a benchmark against which the community had felt prior to right now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eLTsG79O0f4&feature=youtu.be

Tetiro

Smash Ace
It is incredible! Huge turnout, fantastic art and even Discord supporting it? That is what I call one heck of a great start!

Pinguino21v

Smash Ace
It's the Armistice of the first world war for everyone.

DO PLANTS EAT THE SU
So it was a tease all along!

Last edited:

KoopaSaki

Smash Ace
Let us keep the momentum going. We will bring back the Golden Sun and get our Golden Boi into the fight!

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
If we can get Nintendo and Camelot to notice, am sure we'll be heard. Keep this up everyone!

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
To be honest, I did make (or attempt to make) an Isaac model back in High School and I'd love to show what I came up with in the end, but I am unfortunately unable to do so as the files don't seem to exist anywhere and I don't think I ended up saving them anywhere in particular.

I'm still glad to know Golden Sunday is going well especially with Discord's support.

Last edited:

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
HAPPY GOLDEN SUNDAY! MAY GOLDEN SUN COME BACK WITH VIGOROUS FORCE!

(Also hey everyone! Looks like Discord gave us some good attention! Golden Sunday needs all the help it can get! Keep up the conversation and talk about your favorite memories with Golden Sun!)

Is that a reference to something?

I can't help but picture Piranha Plant eating Isaacs head whenever I read that. (it's funnier than it sounds :p)
It's a reference to Discord's earlier tweeted which hinted at this tweet by now.

Though, i think it's a great meme that can be printed onto T-Shirts.

(Someone out there who makes T-Shirts....Make that **** happen!)

Last edited:

Huanchi

Smash Apprentice
HAPPY GOLDEN SUNDAY! MAY GOLDEN SUN COME BACK WITH VIGOROUS FORCE!

(Also hey everyone! Looks like Discord gave us some good attention! Golden Sunday needs all the help it can get! Keep up the conversation and talk about your favorite memories with Golden Sun!)

It's a reference to Discord's earlier tweeted which hinted at this tweet by now.

i would totally buy that shirt

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink
This is the video i've been working on. I want it to be said that the majority of the things i've talked about here are in direct relation to my own observations, and thoughts. I've seen the attitude and mindset shift in the general direction suggested within the video. So perhaps you could call it obsolete. Though, I think it's still important to have a benchmark against which the community had felt prior to right now.

Great video! I 100% agree! We truly lost what our main goal has always been. To make Golden Sun relevant (via new games, content, etc.). I think this Smash cycle was a huge wake up call to us about our main issue, which is, we are too quiet/not vocal and always go into hiding when a Smash cycle ends. If we truly want Isaac (or any GS rep) in Smash as a PC, we NEED to get Golden Sun back in the spotlight first. Get people to play the games, be vocal, show love and appreciation to GS, show Camelot and Nintendo that there is demand for a new game & content, and much much more. Isaac as a fighter in Smash will always be my end goal personally, but I know now it won't happen until we get GS back first. I will help the Sun rise again! I hope that many are ready to do the same.

StormC

Smash Hero
Seeing Discord's official Twitter give you guys a shout out is legitimately awe-inspiring.

I hope the sun rises again for Isaac and his series.

Last edited:

Sentinel07

Smash Apprentice
Honestly, I feel like that shouldn't be a problem. I celebrate our veterans as much as anyone else in the US does, but nothing says we can't celebrate something we love alongside it as well.

That's my opinion on it at any rate.

Last edited:

Pinguino21v

Smash Ace

I'm not an artist but I were, I'll do something like that.

[Piranha plant running to the right, looking hungry, tongue outside, nice curves] [The catchphrase] [Isaac running for his life, afraid, hands ahead]

D

Deleted member

#GoldenSunday has been a success keep it up.

Let Nintendo know we are standing tall, and Golden Sun should come back.

Someone needs to make a picture with Piranha Plant, chasing Isaac trying to chomp on him.

Last edited by a moderator:

Icana

Smash Apprentice

Nice video, and I think the criticism is fair. I'm currently playing Golden Sun with my nine year old nephew for the first time ever, and he's LOVING it. Makes me so happy. He's just learning how to read too. T_T

Tonight, I'm probably going to buy Lost Age on the Wii U e-shop, and then buy the Japanese versions of Golden Sun 1 & 2 since I own a Japanese Wii U as well.

D

Deleted member

Posting this on Twitter and Facebook. It's sorta a cap off to Golden Sunday. It's taken me about 3 hours to complete because I wanted to get the details right. Or... as good as possible given my skill level.

Isaac Golden Sunday 2018.jpg

Quetzal77

Smash Journeyman
NNID
yomugo
3DS FC
1349-4940-0147
It was amazing to see so many people talking about Golden Sun today! I don't have access to my GBA or my Wii U so I didn't plan on playing today, but reading stories other people posted made me really nostalgic. I found a way to play it and wasn't sure how it'd feel since it's been a long time since I played the GBA games (replayed DD about 4 years ago but it's a very different experience). Glad to say it's just as fun as I remembered and it made me really want these games on the Switch. I played up to getting into Vault and got a bit emotional at some scenes in the prologue. So many memories of these games came back to me today. It's really sad that this series has been neglected when it was so good and still has so much potential.

OpticalBlast

Smash Journeyman
A little late, but happy Golden Sunday, everyone! Here's an inked sketch I did of Isaac (and Flint).

better_isaac_inked.png
I don't really have anywhere else to post this (aside from my old DeviantArt account, I guess lol)

Top Bottom