• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

Ninjaed

Smash Journeyman
Looking for stuff to share today, I found this:

https://twitter.com/OPeke_Z41R/status/1059574938464595968

Cruel Ruin! Even my sister who hasn't played the games for more than a decade instantly remembered what these 2 words meant and got flashbacks of it. (then she got flashbacks of Dullahan... sorry for reviving the nightmares sis). I'm curious as to what the other "coincidences" are. Do you guys know? Also, might be a good idea to retweet that one. Show Nintendo fans aren't blind to the nods at Golden Sun in Smash Ultimate.

D

Deleted member

Shoot so he did have some Golden Sun reference besides Isaac, and the spirits man is a genius.

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
Happy Golden Sunday, Adepts, here's to seeing Golden Sun rise again for us! It may have been a bit on the late side from my time-zone, but I did see plenty of Golden Sun on my Twitter timeline today, so I think we're on the right track for sure!

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
I'm celebrating Golden Sunday by buying and playing the game on my Wii U.

Saer2k

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Justin2k
3DS FC
1135-3138-2130
Switch FC
SW-1055-8581-7038
Happy Golden Sunday, I've been gone for awhile so I wanted to see how everyone is doing here.
Is there also any new information about Golden Sun at yet?

Happy Golden Sunday everyone! I made a sketch of sorts for the fun of it :)
That drawing is pretty sick, I coincidentally made one kinda similar to the one you made on my twitter.

Pinguino21v

Smash Ace
I always thought that Golden Sun could become like the Tales series of Nintendo.
If we compare Final Fantasy to Xenoblade, then Golden sun is the equal to Tales and i think a more action based entry would help raise the mainstream appeal.
Not that there is anything bad with turn-based RPGs but if we actually want this series to grow then we only have to look a Xenoblade.
I compared to Dragon Quest. More traditional RPG, known everywhere, but mostly in one part of the world (Japan for DQ, West for GS)

For Golden Sunday, I did my part on Twitter.

Huanchi

Smash Apprentice
Looking for stuff to share today, I found this:

https://twitter.com/OPeke_Z41R/status/1059574938464595968

Cruel Ruin! Even my sister who hasn't played the games for more than a decade instantly remembered what these 2 words meant and got flashbacks of it. (then she got flashbacks of Dullahan... sorry for reviving the nightmares sis). I'm curious as to what the other "coincidences" are. Do you guys know? Also, might be a good idea to retweet that one. Show Nintendo fans aren't blind to the nods at Golden Sun in Smash Ultimate.
mind blown

flois

Smash Rookie
This is literally my first post on these forums but I wanted to share my little contribution to Golden Sunday…

Frankly I didn’t grow up with Golden Sun, but man thanks to the hype surrounding smash ultimate I’m not gonna rest until Isaac is playable.

Yeah we all know he’s an assist trophy but who says ATs can’t be promoted to playable status??

Ninjaed

Smash Journeyman
Yeah we all know he’s an assist trophy but who says ATs can’t be promoted to playable status??
Thanks for your contribution! My one wish is that Sakurai is trolling us and Isaac is already in the works as a DLC character. What about the trophy? Changed to be Felix or Matthew instead of Isaac. Hooray for the internet and game patches! (my brain refuses to think about how unlikely that is)

Last edited:

Bladebreaker

Smash Cadet
I agreed until you said he stopped activrely playing games post NES era. That is straight up wrong. Sakurai plays games almost as much time as he spends making them. This is well documented by source gaming. And as for resonance with newer titles. He took a big interested in games like Minecraft, and Xenoblade 2. So that's also not much of a fair summation. The consideration of fan imput is fair. As stasitically they seemed to care more about the hardcore audience post brawl. But I can't make that call with certainty as the only big fan service picks in the base roster of smash 4 were little mac and megaman. I think they just do what they want all the way through.
I know he's played games since. I was thinking more along the lines that the NES era is what he's most nostalgic about. After that, I think his ability to just kick back and enjoy games for what they are, without his work getting in the way, became much more limited, so he's not as emotionally invested in some of the things a lot of the fans are nostalgic for.

flois

Smash Rookie
Thanks for your contribution! My one wish is that Sakurai is trolling us and Isaac is already in the works as a DLC character. What about the trophy? Changed to be Felix or Matthew instead of Isaac. Hooray for the internet and game patches! (my brain refuses to think about how unlikely that is)
Ha yeah we all know how Sakurai is a massive troll, so there is that small glimmer of hope that remains. And there's freakin' two Chroms in the game... okay, I'm just wishing thinking now, but that darn grinch leak gave us too much false hope lmao

Ninjaed

Smash Journeyman
"I am the shadow, the keeper of light. If you want the sun’s power, show me your own."

We sure will! #GoldenSunday

Last edited:

tbuster766

Smash Journeyman
Happy Golden Sunday, I've been gone for awhile so I wanted to see how everyone is doing here.
Is there also any new information about Golden Sun at yet?

That drawing is pretty sick, I coincidentally made one kinda similar to the one you made on my twitter.
Hehe that's awesome! Our drawings of Isaac's could be twins in that case ( even though they're depictions of the same person and all xD)

Last edited:

Ninjaed

Smash Journeyman

FlintIke

Smash Journeyman
Happy Golden Sunday everyone :D I already made some tweets to share my support with Isaac once more.
I hope Nintendo or Sakurai will notice our support for our Golden Boy so that we might expect something great in the future!

ZelDan

Smash Master
Happy Golden Sunday! Went ahead about the first 2 Golden Sun games on the Wii U eShop today. Don't know if I'll play them anytime soon but it's nice to have them on the Wii U since my GBA SP was getting a bit crummy anyway.

Last edited:

StrawHatX

Smash Lord
Happy #GoldenSunday everyone! Nintendo, I hope you notice that people want this series back.

Ninjaed

Smash Journeyman
That's a great idea and I'm all down for it. I wonder how we should go about doing that though, especially to get her attention.
That's the thing, I don't know. I would have otherwise. Maybe the forum would be a good place to start?

http://www.awkwardzombie.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=4&sid=e797b919503ab6c700bb561d5e88e35f

Edit: Never mind, I have better! Feel free to tweet her about Golden Sunday!

Email: katie@tiedrich.com
AIM: xTedHeadx
Twitter: katietiedrich

Last edited:

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Happy Golden Sunday everyone. :)

I've been tweeting a bit but I don't think I'll be finished my artwork until next week. So I posted a WIP. (my twitter account is @Dizzardo)

WaddleMatt

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 5950 1333 3717
Well, I've been working all afternoon to get this finished, but here's my contribution to #GoldenSunday!
I'll be retweeting everything about Golden Sun I can find! Let's make this event a success!
Glad to see you are helping us Billy, you are one of the reasons I became an Isaac supporter and I'm sure you will help us get noticed!!

FantastiqueFran

Smash Cadet
NNID
Haruki-KunST
Happy Golden Sunday all!

Haven't been around lately due to midterms and such, but regardless I've been drawing some Isaac sketches today as well as tweeting about it. Also, took me a while, but I finally found my copy of Dark Dawn alongside some of my other NDS games!

TheSpaceKing12

Smash Journeyman
NNID
IsaacForSSB4
3DS FC
2105-8706-4581
I have a video currently uploading about Golden Sun, or...more specifically what I think needs to be done. I expect it to be controversial, but I am gonna embrace that fact.

NessAtc.

Fukou Da...
NNID
nintenstar98
3DS FC
4699-7691-7794
Switch FC
SW-2476-6260-3913
So how successful would everyone say GoldenSunday has been?
So far, with how far reaching it's been, I'd have to call it a success. We've started getting negativity from it, so we've obviously made some waves.

Top Bottom