• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

pholtos

Smash Journeyman
"Isaac says no to going on a journey!"
"Isaac falls asleep!"
"Isaac says something!"
"Isaac makes an old man row!"
"Isaac sets off the eruption!"

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
I wondered how long I've supported Isaac overall and... it goes way back to 2012???:mad088:

Unbelievable... feels almost like I've fallen out since then, perhaps. But going strong on for 6 years now...

Hoo boy, I might have to take it a while in if Isaac actually appears.

Shoutouts once more for N3ON N3ON , I'll be here hoping dearly that today's the day.

Last edited:

JoyStar

Smash Journeyman
Dropping in from the Skull Kid thread to say I hope our celestial boys make it! May the Children of the Moon and Sun rise together in Smash victory!

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Last edited:

LegendOfDragoon

Smash Journeyman
I wondered how long I've supported Isaac overall and... it goes way back to 2012???:mad088:

Unbelievable... feels almost like I've fallen out since then, perhaps. But going strong on for 6 years now...

Hoo boy, I might have to take it a while in if Isaac actually appears.

Shoutouts once more for N3ON N3ON , I'll be here hoping dearly that today's the day.

A lot of people here, myself included, have been supporting Isaac since before Brawl!

Just 2 more hours now. I've been watching Man at Arms reforged to try and distract myself.

Plato Xaiver

Smash Journeyman
NNID
theplato90
Switch FC
SW-6928-3432-9787
In 2 hours we’ll finally know if our journey is complete. If Isaac isn’t the leading reveal istg...

Ninetales Commander

Smash Cadet
Today is the day people, today could very well be the day our beloved Golden Boy could finally step onto the Smash Bros Stage.
I remember when I got into Smash Bros, it was actually with Super Smash Bros Brawl and while I did enjoy my time with the game, it just didn't click with me but 1 thing I did love was Isaac getting an assist trophy and ever since then, I knew I wanted him to be playable.
Smash Bros 4 came and went and I will be honest; After Bayonetta was announced, a big part of me cried that it wasn't Isaac. However, that sadness could end up being a blessing in disguise because if there's any game I want Isaac in more, it's this 1. Everyone is here! And there's so much content! And the gameplay is looking amazing!
And what makes this even harder to bear is he actually has a shot! There's the Rathalos Image, The Growth Psynergy, and the fact that Ballot Heavy Hitters are straight up becoming playable! I mean we have Ridley for crying out loud! A Character that was deemed too big by so many people and yet still Sakurai decided to add him! If he's able to overcome the odds, our Golden Boy definitely can.
However, in the event that we get nothing, let's please not be down in the dumps, this game is already looking amazing and I absolutely cannot wait to play it on December 7th 2018. We need to forget the leaks, forget our expectations, and go into this direct and see what it has for us.
And in the event that Isaac and his stage does get announced, well we can throw the biggest party Smash Bros has ever seen!
All the best to all my my fellow Isaac Supporters! May the Golden Sun RISE!!

THE 6r

Smash Ace
NNID
6r$¢€£¥™©®
3DS FC
2981-7049-0538
Switch FC
SW-1195-6602-2525
Today's the day boys and girls! I'm so nervous, but also really excited! I can't wait to see what Sakurai has in store for us in this direct!

Katy Parry

The Only Zelda in Indiana
NNID
justysuxx
Okay. I got bored of ripping noobs to shreds with Ivy. I don't have the energy to stay excited when there's no challenge online this late.

1 and 50 minutes remain.

SundaeS

Smash Cadet
I just woke up and cant fall back asleep... There are only 2 more hours now before the direct and all my nervous energy is shaking out.

It seriously has felt like a blink of an eye to get here, but at the same time I know the wait was excruciatingly long. You guys were fun to hang out with too during this time.

I believe for our golden boi and I still hope for the best!!

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
I don't think I know what to expect out of this honestly.

I have my fingers and everything else crossed that the Grinch will end up being true.

Falgor

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3652-0587-5880
I'm in fear right now, but only because my Internet connexion is unreliable.
For the first time in months. The most important day of the year for me. Classic.

Anyway, I don't know if I'll be able to watch the Direct, well, directly, but good luck to all of you.
You're an Army of Adepts, and today, the Golden Sun will rise again!

Tonight, we dine in Vale!

Katy Parry

NNID
justysuxx
I love how others waiting for the direct, but all of us have been biting our nails for 12 years now ever since Brawl was announced.

Seoxys

Smash Apprentice
I love how others waiting for the direct, but all of us have been biting our nails for 12 years now ever since Brawl was announced.
Yeah this is literally my current mood

This time... THIS TIME.

He HAS to get in ! It would mean so much !

GO FOR IT ISAAC !

Last edited:

THE 6r

Smash Ace
NNID
6r$¢€£¥™©®
3DS FC
2981-7049-0538
Switch FC
SW-1195-6602-2525
It feels like time is going so, agonizingly slow right now. After all this heartbreak I, along with many of you, am at the edge of my seat.

I also visualized how Etika would react to Isaac, and, while I'm not a huge fan of the guy, the thought is glorious.

Last edited:

Icana

Smash Apprentice
It was eight years after Golden Sun: The Lost Age that we would see its sequel in Golden Sun: Dark Dawn bring new content, remixes, and expansion to the series.

If Isaac is in Smash Ultimate as a fighter with a stage, and brand new remixed music tracks of his series, it'll be once again the first time in eight years, since Dark Dawn, that Golden Sun got brand new content and renewed conversation, that could likely carry on through the duration of Smash Ult's life-span thanks to balance patches and the tournament scene. In fact, it's still possible to have Golden Sun content in the game without Isaac. We'll find out what that sprout item is very soon. Growth? Or something else? We'll see soon.

I agree with the Earthbound fan we just had post here. Earthbound/Mother is currently living on through Ness, Lucas, and the stages and songs of Mother being made for Smash. The Golden Sun's series' future is uncertain right now. Nothing would please me more than to see the series still show it's life through Smash.

C'MON ISAAC! Over an hour to go, peeps!

Last edited:

Plato Xaiver

Smash Journeyman
NNID
theplato90
Switch FC
SW-6928-3432-9787
Anyone else on that no-sleep grind? :^) Im gonna pass out after the direct is over, but until then Im way too hyped. In also unintentionally scared I’ll oversleep despite having like 5+ alarms set

pholtos

Smash Journeyman
Anyone else on that no-sleep grind? :^) Im gonna pass out after the direct is over, but until then Im way too hyped. In also unintentionally scared I’ll oversleep despite having like 5+ alarms set
My sleep schedule is currently all screwed up by sleeping 16 hours til 6 PM yesterday so :p

Xenigma

Smash Lord
NNID
Xenigma
I didn't sleep last night. I honestly thought I'd be handling this better, but here we are.

Did finally check out Billybae10K Billybae10K on YouTube: you've got one more sub from me on top of your 20k others. Glad the love for Isaac has had such a positive impact on your life!

D

Deleted member

I had a hard time sleeping last night, but that's also in part due to the fact that this afternoon I have a hearing with Social Security Administration over the verification over my legal status as a disabled person.

But, I managed to get a few winks... and dreamed about newspapers and Garfield.

Plato Xaiver

Smash Journeyman
NNID
theplato90
Switch FC
SW-6928-3432-9787
Honestly the best part about this is we’ll never have to look at that poorly drawn Smashified Render of Isaac. :^)

Katy Parry

NNID
justysuxx
Yes good, I have to work at 5pm and it's 8:40am. I've slept like, an hour maybe?

I woke up mid dream and sat up and shouted
"WHAT I LEARNED IN ALCHEMY TODAY IS-"

The elemental stars have alligned. Today is OUR DAY!

Last edited:

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Well, I likely wont be able to see it live, so I will be separating myself from the internet soon enough. Good luck, and let this direct be a good one!

Top Bottom