• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

zferolie

Smash Hero
So if Sakurai actually cared about that he wouldn't have added Chrom, or given Ganon sword moves. Because the roster has been finalized even before the August Direct. I honestly don't think he cares to much about the sword haters.
Yeah Good point.

My only other guess is if Isaac is an AT but we are still getting a Golden Sun character is if the playable is Matthew and the AT is Isaac. I could maybe see that

Katy Parry

The Only Zelda in Indiana
NNID
justysuxx
I'm so proud of everyone here. Keeping faith is hard.

But we have GROWTH. there is no doubt that is the growth spell.

Imagine if Isaac can create vines and climb them to combo or something. You create a Vine, up throw, clb the vine, and attack.

His grab will definitely be a tether grab with the hand. Down throw is pound, grab is catch. Forward is move, etc.

It would be incredible if djinn are an item and there's different variants of each element, just like in game.

Final smash is definitely judgment, or I can even see Odyssey as a final smash tbh.

His alt colors reference Alex, Felix etc.

Simon got in, K rool got in. Two characters that were presumed pretty much dead in their series...

Don't lose the light. One hour until I wake up my roommate and demanded he come downstairs to watch it with me. He's in the Geno boat, but we're in the Isaac ship.

I know most people are thinking Venus Lighthouse, but I could even see Mt Aleph as a stage, or the room with the elemental stars. Could you imagine =}

StrawHatX

Smash Lord
Yeah Good point.

My only other guess is if Isaac is an AT but we are still getting a Golden Sun character is if the playable is Matthew and the AT is Isaac. I could maybe see that
But Isaac is the iconic Golden Sun character and the one that was voted for in the ballot. Not to mention Dark Dawn is considered the worst of the bunch and the least successful.

I just find it hard to believe they would pick him over Isaac to be playable. I’d be fine with it though.

FalconFire93

Smash Lord
NNID
ZombieHunter93
3DS FC
0074-4291-3615
Switch FC
SW-5918-1380-7797
Coming over from the Geno thread to say that you shouldn’t lose hope and to stand strong and proud, I hope everyone’s wishes comes true. :grin:

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
I can't remember if I asked this, but does anyone know what the blog post numbers are looking like?

Anything strange going on with them?

Kalaam

Smash Ace
Get ready guys.
Isaac is in.
He'll climb up to the roster with the Growth item.
Let's hurry up and be here to welcome him.
Hype_thrusters.gif

Last edited:

MeatOfJustice

Smash Journeyman
1 hour left, can we still hit 750 before the Direct?

I'll cooperate: We've talked about what song we would like, but is there any composer in particular you want to have their take on any or a specific GS track?Personally, I'm not sure on what; maybe Yoko Shimomura on Elemental Stars or Jenna's Battle Theme?

Katy Parry

NNID
justysuxx
To be honest, I'd rather have the original tracks in, if possible. There's something about the original Jenna theme that is so perfect.

Kalaam

Smash Ace
Having Simomura's take on some golden sun tracks would be awesome, Jenna's theme would fit her style pretty well, but i'd love to hear her take on felix's or Walking Forward with Determination.

LegendOfDragoon

Smash Journeyman
1 hour left, can we still hit 750 before the Direct?

I'll cooperate: We've talked about what song we would like, but is there any composer in particular you want to have their take on any or a specific GS track?Personally, I'm not sure on what; maybe Yoko Shimomura on Elemental Stars or Jenna's Battle Theme?
I would like to hear the Zelda Composer with a take on Walking Forward with Determination

LegendOfDragoon

Smash Journeyman
Hey Billy, Drop your stream link?

I normally watch alone, but I don't want to be crying alone this time around if the best or worst should come to pass.

NNN

Smash Cadet
The long waiting since september may be worth if Isaac ends up being fighter #69. Good luck to him!!!!

Frosty Pops

Smash Journeyman
Ok guys I am on my first break, lunch is an hour and a half after the direct, I am at least gonna try to watch the juicy bits on my phone. I can't wait till after work lol

FlawedAI

Smash Ace
Alright folks. No matter what happens, it's truly been an honor hyping with you all. I hope every single fanbase is happy with what happens, but especially this one! :p

CheckmateChuck

Smash Journeyman
Whatever happens today, it's been amazing speculating with all of you. I'm glad to have been a part of this community for so long now and I can't wait for what the future has in store for us.

I'll see you on the other side.

Plato Xaiver

Smash Journeyman
NNID
theplato90
Switch FC
SW-6928-3432-9787
Plot twist: Isaac is an Assist Trophy and Matt is playable

The good ole Sakurai switcharoo

Quetzal77

Smash Journeyman
NNID
yomugo
3DS FC
1349-4940-0147
God, this is something.

Got the day off so my worry was that I would oversleep since I've been so tired this week.

But NO, on the contrary, I woke up hours ago and wasn't able to go back to sleep.

I cried once before at a Smash reveal, when Lucas came back as DLC. I don't know what will happen if Isaac is confirmed but it's going to be much worse than that, lol.

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
Well Isaac fans: this is it. I feel that Isaac and by extension Felix's fate will be decided today in the Direct and I look forward to it all the same. Because trust me: if I see Isaac or Felix appear on that screen, I am going to scream in excitement and joy at finally seeing him or them in. I can honestly already feel the excitement at this potential possibility, but for now we'll just have to wait and see. For now, see you all guys on the other side! :)

Here's my bingo card before I head off:

Bingo Card v3 November.jpg

Katy Parry

NNID
justysuxx
This is the song you need :happysheep:

Where. I haven't listened to the original in a long time. I actually just shed tears, seriously. Remembering fighting the star magician boss in my bedroom when I was young..

You know, this might sound silly, but, on October 31st, 2001, when I was nine, we we're rushed to the hospital, because my grandpa's cancer was at it's worse. I remember I wore a ninja costume, and I was so excited to show my grandpa.
My cousin Kirstie and I were the same age, and we played Super Mario World together when I'd stay over with her most nights. She had a growth spurt and was a lot taller than me. Eventually they were letting everyone in to see him, but because of how short I was at the time (6" now) the nurse decided it was best for me to stay in the waiting room with my family.
He died that morning, on November 1st, 2001. A couple months later, my mom bought me Golden Sun and my very own Gameboy Advance.
Since that day, since I've been an adult, I've always put my Christmas tree up November 1st.
I was called a sissy in school, because I cried a lot, and I changed schools often.
But Golden Sun, as sad as it may seem, was my friend. Issac was my friend. This group of four I spent countless hours with, falling asleep to the battle theme, falling off the wrong "slide" during a puzzle and having to back track...again. Missing the Djinn that was in the forest village, the one in the fence with no apparent way to collect it.
Since then, my mom herself developed breast cancer and won her fight.
I'm 26 years old now... the fact that this direct is on November 1st is certainly surreal for me.

This is why I have faith. I have actually prayed, to God himself. I start with "God, I know this might sound stupid, but, please let Isaac be in Smash. Please."

I have overcome so much darkness in my life, I know we all have. But that's why the Golden Sun symbolizes so much good in the world. That there's always light at the end of the tunnel. When one door closes, another opens. The sun will rise again.

It's more than a game to me. Isaac is more than just a character. It's my life, my memories...

Keep faith.

Top Bottom