• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

TempestSurge

Smash Ace
You know I keep trying to think of characters who would appear to make it obvious it's Isaac's trailer. And then it occurred to me, imagine the smash trailer logo playing and the first thing you see is Flint. Talk about knowing it's Isaac in the first five seconds lol.

And, oh boy, Isaac's trailer featuring Garet, Ivan, and Mia. Probs a pipe dream but it'd be so awesome.

Otherwise my mind just thinks Link will be in it but I did like that one Pokemon trainer idea. And shoutouts to Ike who probably won't ever get featured in a trailer over Marth lol

Undella2

Smash Journeyman
Why the doom and gloom all of a sudden?

What?

Is it 'cause one guy said something in a text post somewhere?

I thought we got over this type of stuff.

tbuster766

Smash Journeyman
If somebody could find things that Stealth accurately leaked other than "a DK character", it would be greatly appreciated.
This. As a matter of fact I'm more inclined to believe he's wrong considering the stuff he has said before from what I gathered.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
This. As a matter of fact I'm more inclined to believe he's wrong considering the stuff he has said before from what I gathered.
Literally the only character I know he's "leaked" accurately is Simon, though Verg takes credit. He was unusually confident in there being a Donkey Kong character, but I've seen no other evidence of him flawlessly predicting the roster as some have stated.

tbuster766

Smash Journeyman
Literally the only character I know he's "leaked" accurately is Simon, though Verg takes credit. He was unusually confident in there being a Donkey Kong character, but I've seen no other evidence of him flawlessly predicting the roster as some have stated.
Honestly that's vague all things considered. It kinda reminds me of another "square enix rep" by Verg himself :p

Golden Icarus

Smash Lord
In the interest of changing the subject, let's go back to an old chestnut: If Isaac is in the game, what would you like to see included alongside him? Personally, I've got two simple requests: a Golden Sun stage, and for Venus Lighthouse to be one of the tracks for said stage. Additional trinkets like a Felix echo, an assist trophy, or a boss would be nice, but if we get those two things I'll be very happy.
I’m pretty much right there with ya. A stage (preferably Venus Lighthouse) with loads of GS music to go along with it. Colosso, Saturos Battle, Isaac Battle, Walking Forward, Karagol Sea, Vale, Jenna Battle. The works. I don’t think I have one song in particular that I really want. Just...a lot, preferably.

Undella2

Smash Journeyman
What DD content would you all like to see within the GS representation?

Last edited:

FlawedAI

Smash Ace
Sorry if this is off topic, but what are everyone's opinions about the remix we got in brawl?
I think it's fantastic, but I really hope we see some real variety with the Golden Sun stage, since the remixes so far have been amazing and I really, really want to see someone like ACE take on Golden Sun (especially if it's as fire as Gangplank Galleon). Of course, Motoi Sakuraba should be the one doing the most, but some variety would be real nice.

Frosty Pops

Smash Journeyman
I think the wait is the worst part. It wont be too long now though. And I'm looking forward to finally seeing what the real deal is!

In a way it's a bit exciting because we're getting closer. I think the worst was the way up to here. (personally, at least)
Gonna guess by your pic you are rooting Shantae? If the leak is legit and that is the entire roster she will be my new #2 and I really hope she is a frontrunner for DLC!

tbuster766

Smash Journeyman
Nah that looks like little mac too me sorry champ can't fool us
But my friend's neighbor's uncle's wife's mom's sister's second cousin twice removed who works for nintendo said otherwise. I trust my inside sources.

Last edited:

Golden Icarus

Smash Lord
Sorry if this is off topic, but what are everyone's opinions about the remix we got in brawl?
It’s not my favorite. I also never really have been the biggest fan of the Final Boss theme and have always preferred Isaac’s battle theme to Felix’s. And the remix itself doesn’t really capture the essence of Golden Sun as much as I would have liked. It’s still a cool track to have though, of course.

tbuster766

Smash Journeyman
What DD content would you all like to see within the GS representation?
Personally I would like to have an Isaac alt where he's his older self much like Ike Por and Ike RD, but it seems unlikely personally.

Last edited:

Frosty Pops

Smash Journeyman
Nah, I'm pretty confident the thread has been mostly chill even when the tide was not exactly on our favor.

One of two overly dramatic reactions here and there but nothing too crazy.
Are you saying I overreact to stuff!?!?! Fight me bruh! No but seriously I am chill (check the name)

Undella2

Smash Journeyman
Personally I would like to have an Isaac alt where he's his older self much like Ike Por and Ike RD, but it seems unlikely personally.
Wouldn't Matthew as an alt work better when body shape is taken into account?

But, yeah, Adult Isaac would be cool to have too if they found a way to make it work.

tbuster766

Smash Journeyman
Are you saying I overreact to stuff!?!?! Fight me bruh! No but seriously I am chill (check the name)
Only way to settle the score now is to take it to final destination and SMASH!

Edit:
Undella2 Undella2 Honestly that makes much more sense, which is why I thought my idea was unlikely (especially when adult Isaac briefly was a member of the party in DD). It would be cool maybe if Sakurai gave a color scheme similar to DD Isaac with a Mathew alt option.

Last edited:

9Blades

Smash Ace
NNID
Venusboshi04
3DS FC
4210-4504-3290
Surprised no one has mentioned this while talking about stages.
Why not the Elemental Stars room from Sol Sanctum? It could be one large central platform, with a few smaller ones off to the side. The other ones could have statues containing the Elemental Stars randomly appear and collecting one would release a summon of that element (Similar to Midgar but with more control over what it is and who it helps)
Im totally not looking for an excuse for the elemental stars theme to be in the game

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink
Guys! I got word from my father's brother's nephew's cousin's former roommate who's an employee at Nintendo and told me that Ganondorf will be an echo fighter of Captain Falcon. Crazy, I know, but you can trust me on this.

Clumsyzephyr

Smash Journeyman
Guys! I got word from my father's brother's nephew's cousin's former roommate who's an employee at Nintendo and told me that Ganondorf will be an echo fighter of Captain Falcon. Crazy, I know, but you can trust me on this.
Won't believe it until I see video evidence

SirCamp

Smash Ace
What is even going on anymore? I can't keep track of any of this. I have no idea who Mystic or Stealth are, and now people are talking about someone named MTP in the general discussion topic? Anyone have a tldr for who these people are and why I should care?

Last edited:

Plato Xaiver

Smash Journeyman
NNID
theplato90
Switch FC
SW-6928-3432-9787
Are you trying to tell me some dumb racer from a dead franchise made it into Smash Ultimate? Pics or I won't believe it, I have insiders telling me Spongebob from Nickelodeon Kart Racers is our racing game representative. Patrick is an AT, Squidwards house is a stage.

THE 6r

Smash Ace
NNID
6r$¢€£¥™©®
3DS FC
2981-7049-0538
Switch FC
SW-1195-6602-2525
What is even going on anymore? I can't keep track of any of this. I have no idea who Mystic or Stealth are, and now people are talking about someone named MTP in the general discussion topic? Anyone have a tldr for who these people are and why I should care?
Mystic and Stealth are two supposed "insiders" who both vouched for the validity of some of the leaked content before later backtracking the same day. They, like many insiders, have gotten TONS of backlash and harassment over their claims and their backtracking.

Eagle

Smash Lord
nintendodirecgt.jpg

From 4chan.

Apparently whoever these guys are, they predicted the last two directs. Maybe our minds will finally be at ease.

tbuster766

Smash Journeyman
Mystic and Stealth are two supposed "insiders" who both vouched for the validity of some of the leaked content before later backtracking the same day. They, like many insiders, have gotten TONS of backlash and harassment over their claims and their backtracking.
It's cool and all that he supports Isaac, but I just can't seem to take him seriously after seeing how he got so defensive over others calling out his mistakes.

Last edited:

Metocles

Smash Journeyman
Mystic a.k.a. Spooky Mystic has worked in the past as translator on multiple projects, mostly JRPGs, that come over to the west. They jumped in on some of the Smash speculation recently and apparently has sources that have told him that the banner leak is fake but several characters being in is real. This was mostly just today with that, and he just had his twitter profile made to private. All in all, a very minor insider.

_Stealth has been around for a while. Talked about and leaked Simon Belmont before Vergeben did and several other things related to Smash and other games. He has also gone on record now for saying the banner leak is fake and has heard sources telling him notably that Isaac is not even after originally saying he was.

TL;DR insiders are just as confused as you are, there's no reason to trust them in the least. Just move on.

As far as MariothePlumber, a.k.a. MTP, he's taken credit for being the original Chadondorf poster on 4chan and also foreshadowed that this grinch leak would land at the anniversary that the ESRB leak did. He's very bombastic just like the Chadondorf post and curses like you might expect from the original grinch leak. He also is from Quebec so there's some vague connections there to perhaps being involved in this stuff. He's mostly a youtube content creator and rarely posts on twitter except for just recently. Basically, nothing concrete.

And there's nothing that really happened overall. Basically people saying things that can't be verified and right now aren't worth the effort to understanding the origins for now. The leak is still on neutral grounds and still awaits information from Nintendo or a Nintendo Direct itself.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Wasn't Stealth making fun of Verg less than a month ago about him not being a real leaker?

I mean, I can't feel sorry for the guy when he does something like that

Top Bottom