• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

Plato Xaiver

Smash Journeyman
NNID
theplato90
Switch FC
SW-6928-3432-9787
I knew his name sounded familiar. That was a crazy time!
I question why he had $20,000 lying around to spend on Rosalina Amiibos which he then destroyed.

He tried to prove a point, but he gave Nintendo money in the process so who really wins here?

iam8bit

Smash Ace
The amiibo dude has NO CONNECTION WHATSOEVER to the Grinch Leak guys, he is an attention *****, so let's not feed him attention.
While I disagree that he has no connection to the leak, I do agree that he doesn't warrant the attention he clearly seeks either way.

Everything will be revealed soon enough, so we should just wait it out and see.

THE 6r

Smash Ace
NNID
6r$¢€£¥™©®
3DS FC
2981-7049-0538
Switch FC
SW-1195-6602-2525
While I disagree that he has no connection to the leak, I do agree that he doesn't warrant the attention he clearly seeks either way.

Everything will be revealed soon enough, so we should just wait it out and see.
The question though is how long? We've gotten absolutely nothing for the past 46 days. When are we getting something?

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink
I don't care what anyone thinks. This has been the best week ever for Smash speculation thanks to the Grinch Leak. It feels like watching an episode of CSI or something. Only difference is that I actually care about it.

DCavalier

Smash Apprentice
NNID
cavalierredeyes
Switch FC
SW 5638 2481 3507
Long time lurker here.
Just showing some support to you all guys cause we all want our boy Isaac to make it in.

Only a few weeks until the game comes out and maybe a week until everything is told in a 50-Fact type Direct, because we can be sure that Sakurai is going to do something like that.

Until then, stay strong folks.

clearandsweet

Smash Journeyman
I just love how chill this thread is, it's always been fun speculating with you all.
It would be a lot less chill if there wasn't a metric ****ton of concrete evidence all but ensuring that my/our most requested character for the past 15 years is probably going to be announced for Smash Bros in the next two weeks.

Pyzlnar

Smash Apprentice
Nah, I'm pretty confident the thread has been mostly chill even when the tide was not exactly on our favor.

One of two overly dramatic reactions here and there but nothing too crazy.

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
It would be a lot less chill if there wasn't a metric ****ton of concrete evidence all but ensuring that my/our most requested character for the past 15 years is probably going to be announced for Smash Bros in the next two weeks.
In addition to that innate fear that somehow that evidence is nothing because it's fake or something

100% team real btw. Isaac is my top newcomer choice:)

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
39 days left till release… It's been 46 days since Isabelle, and even more since last time we heard anything not newcomer related such as modes… I'm pretty sure it has to be either this week or next one at latest.

Zalaresh

Smash Apprentice
There actually may be 9 characters rather than 7.

Skull kid maybe... and someone between Shiek, Diddy, Luigi, and Ken.

KOS MOS?...

1540842923474.png

It seems plausible based on the fact that Shiek is further to the left from Ken. Why is this? Unless there is something to show off. I don't know if this was discussed earlier in the thread at all, but it's something to think about.

Last edited:

Flynn.Scifo

Smash Ace
What does Sakurai meant when he said news would be coming at a slower pace ? I mean how slower can it be ? The last piece of news we got since the smash direct was "just" Isabelle reveal a month and a half ago and the game comes out in about a month.

Dee Dude

“Never ask Dee for anything again”
3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
I’m sick of the main Ultimate thread...not only does it move too damn fast but there’s nothing to talk but get caught up in debates alongside the occasional sh*tposts.

I posted there for the first trying to speculate how all 7 would get revealed before Dec 7th which got ignored...

Anyway, if Isaac gets confirmed, I’ll try out Golden Sun for the first time.

Zalaresh Zalaresh Sorry to burst your bubble, but it’s just ROB.

Last edited:

Dihan

Smash Apprentice
What does Sakurai meant when he said news would be coming at a slower pace ? I mean how slower can it be ? The last piece of news we got since the smash direct was "just" Isabelle reveal a month and a half ago and the game comes out in about a month.
The news drought could be worse:

Q-Long

Smash Lord
I question why he had $20,000 lying around to spend on Rosalina Amiibos which he then destroyed.

He tried to prove a point, but he gave Nintendo money in the process so who really wins here?
I remember that guy but forgot his name and man, wish I had the money for that.

I’m sick of the main Ultimate thread...not only does it move too damn fast but there’s nothing to talk but get caught up in debates alongside the occasional sh*tposts.

I posted there for the first trying to speculate how all 7 would get revealed before Dec 7th which got ignored...

lol theyre a pretty bad thread

Nossnitro102

Smash Journeyman

That's why I never bothered to post there to be honest.
How do I mobile? :upsidedown: This is more difficult than I anticipated.

Clumsyzephyr

Smash Journeyman
If this is truly the amount of newcomers we have left, then it really confuses me as to why they'd slow down the pace.

Flynn.Scifo

Smash Ace
If this is truly the amount of newcomers we have left, then it really confuses me as to why they'd slow down the pace.
Maybe Sakurai wants to do like a big finale and reveal all the big stuff in one show. To be able to pull off a direct that surpasses the last one where we got 5 newcomers and so many incredible stuff you'll need at least the grinch leak.

Last edited:

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink
Ike was so hype. Man, the Brawl character choices were 10/10
I remember being extremely excited for Sonic to get in. Then got my hopes up for Isaac after. Didn't happen unfortunately. Still loved Brawl regardless. And now Ultimate is going to top that! Can't wait!

Aeon Lupin

Survival of the fittest
Ike was so hype. Man, the Brawl character choices were 10/10
That reminds me, which Smash do you guys think has the best set of newcomers? Not including 64, I'd say

1. Brawl
2. Ultimate (Probably 1 if the mural leak is real)
3. Sm4sh
4. Melee

Clumsyzephyr

Smash Journeyman
Maybe Sakurai wants to do like a big finale and reveal all the big stuff in one show. To be able to pull off a direct that surpasses the last one were we got 5 newcomers and so many incredible stuff you'll need at least the grinch leak.
Yeah, that does make sense. I just wonder why they'd wait until so close to release when leaks are more likely to happen. Maybe they were more confident this time around that it wouldn't?

Zalaresh

Smash Apprentice
Ah You're probably right. Rob is hard to see in this flipping blurry image.

Last edited:

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
The news drought could be worse:

Doesn’t really make the current situation better. Mostly because the community and expectations are only going to get worse from here on out, when Nintendo could very easily clear things up and set the ton of the conversation. At worst we’re like a week out from the Direct, so there’s no reason to care about just pulling it forward. It’s in their interest to do so regardless of the legitimacy of the leak. They officially announce what is happening and the conversation can’t proceed beyond that...

There’s also much more riding on this last Direct than in the past. At least there were much longer strings of newcomers to show for past games, but with people expectations all over the place, this Direct actually determines everything...

And Nintendo seems to be choosing to twiddle their thumbs on this. If it’s fake and they get a backlash, again, that’s their fault for not addressing things sooner. It’d be ****ty of the fans and leak supporters, but it’s ultimately up to Nintendo to control the narratives of their hype and releases.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
That reminds me, which Smash do you guys think has the best set of newcomers? Not including 64, I'd say

1. Brawl
3. Sm4sh
4. Melee
Hmm.

1. Ultimate (assuming the Grinch leak is real)
2. Smash 4
3. Melee
4. Brawl

I'm trying to think of a Brawl newcomer in particular that I got really hyped over and I'm sort of drawing a blank. Melee gets placed ahead of it just because it had a lot of core characters introduced. (and I just liked the characters introduced more)

In terms of characters I really loved.....

Ultimate (Inkling, Ridley, King K. Rool, Isaac, Banjo & Kazooie, Sort of Geno....it's largely because of his huge fanbase though)
Smash 4 (Shulk, Villager, Robin, Bayonetta)
Melee (Mewtwo) (There are a lot of really great picks in Melee in general though....and I appreciate it because it added many core characters like Peach, Zelda, Bowser etc and added interesting retro characters like Ice Climbers and Mr. Game & Watch)
Brawl (King Dedede, although that's more of a recent development, I don't think I cared about him during the brawl days)

If you want to know I'd probably put 64 above Brawl and below Melee. (but it would be pretty close to Melee)

Last edited:

FlintIke

Smash Journeyman
Honestly, if the leak is fake the leaker had to have planned a million steps ahead. He shouldn't be working to fool smash fans. He should be working in government cover ups.
Oh my god... IT ALL MAKES SENSE NOW!!! GUYS I'VE FIGURED OUT WHO THE LEAKER IS!!!

Last edited:

spaceperson741

Smash Cadet
Doesn’t really make the current situation better. Mostly because the community and expectations are only going to get worse from here on out, when Nintendo could very easily clear things up and set the ton of the conversation. At worst we’re like a week out from the Direct, so there’s no reason to care about just pulling it forward. It’s in their interest to do so regardless of the legitimacy of the leak. They officially announce what is happening and the conversation can’t proceed beyond that...

There’s also much more riding on this last Direct than in the past. At least there were much longer strings of newcomers to show for past games, but with people expectations all over the place, this Direct actually determines everything...

And Nintendo seems to be choosing to twiddle their thumbs on this. If it’s fake and they get a backlash, again, that’s their fault for not addressing things sooner. It’d be ****ty of the fans and leak supporters, but it’s ultimately up to Nintendo to control the narratives of their hype and releases.
I feel it's similar with ACP PLV. Their failure to address this paints them as unreliable, regardless of the validity of the leak. They will almost certainly struggle in the future due to a lack of an official statement by them. It's hard to trust a company that's so shady, yet clearly knows about the leak.

Frosty Pops

Smash Journeyman
I don't care about the Grinch Leak, MysticDistance just said what his souces have told him is the final base roster and Isaac is present in it anyways (plus most of the chars in the Grinch leak). I just want to know what his track record is in general to know how much I can trust him. So if there are examples of past times he's been right AND/OR wrong, I'd appreciate it if that's possible.

Just as a disclaimer, I'd move away from arguments like: "No one can prove it fake", because everytime someone brings up any good counter argument you guys just ignore it, at this point almost everyone trying to actually discuss the leak has given up. I don't think you guys can objectively talk about the Grinch Leak, you all just want it to be true way too bad and I understand the sentiment.
I have seen and heard alot of evidence for both sides. Like the guy who says they would remove stuff and change the picture coloring lighting etc. Because in a light up chandelier it has to be different than the actual poster to be able to show everything correctly. And about everybody who has shown how they can do this themselves, and everyone counterpointing everything someone else says until they are back to square 1. Saw the same thing with the ESRB leak. As Isaac evidence continues to accumulate I am now 95% sure of his inclusion. As for the grinch leak I am about 75% on it. The only thing that can actually settle it for me is even if we only get 1 reveal in a general direct, the character position and pose in the mural will tell us definitively how accurate the grinch leak is.

?!?!?!

Smash Ace

1. Brawl
3. Sm4sh
4. Melee
Idk how I'd rank the previous smash games but if the grinch leak is real then ultimate will BY FAR have the greatest set of newcomers. In my opinion at least

DCavalier

Smash Apprentice
NNID
cavalierredeyes
Switch FC
SW 5638 2481 3507

1. Brawl
3. Sm4sh
4. Melee
I am biased towards Smash 4 just because of Megaman and the fact that for the first time in the series we got Mario, Sonic, Pac-Man and Megaman in one game.

I really can't place the others in any order because they all brought their fair share of cool newcomers.

But if Isaac is indeed in Ultimate along with Geno, K.Rool, Ridley and friggin Banjo then I don't really see how can anyone say Ultimate newcomers aren't the best.

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink

1. Brawl
3. Sm4sh
4. Melee
Ultimate (If Grinch Leak is real) The
-Isaac, Simon, Shadow, K. Rool

Brawl
-Sonic, Wolf

Melee
-Mewtwo, Roy

Smash 4
-Cloud

Smash 64
-Link

Still can't wait for my dream team trio to be a reality (Link, Sonic & Isaac)!

Delta64

Smash Journeyman
Speaking of newcomers, what is your 5 person team for squad strike? (Bonus points for only using newcomers).

If this leak is real then mine will be: Ridley, Isaac, King K. Rool, Banjo, and Geno (in no particular order).
Edit:
Games with the best hype newcomers? Here is my list. (Ultimate is based off of what has currently been confirmed).
1. Brawl :metaknight:,:olimar:,:pt:,:toonlink:,:sonic:,:dedede:,:wolf:,:diddy:
2. Ultimate :ultinkling:,:ultridley:,:ultdarksamus:,:ultkrool:,:ultisabelle:
3. Melee :bowsermelee:,:mewtwomelee:,:zeldamelee:,:sheikmelee:
4. Smash 4 :4villager:,:4megaman:,:4littlemac:,:4bowserjr:

Last edited:

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
I was thinking about Incineroar.

I think there are a number of scenaros in which he could still be in the base roster or at least added very close to release.

For one thing these banners were being used for some sort of display right, so their purpose is for marketing and promoting the game. What makes them any different than the box art or that download card people could buy that didn't have every character on it?

If Incineroar were to get announced a few days before release (as either a base game character or as a free download on day one) then it would make sense that he wouldn't appear on any of the promotional material. (which presumably would already be in stores at that point)

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal

1. Brawl
3. Sm4sh
4. Melee
1. Ultimate - Excited for: Inkling / Isabelle / Shadow / Isaac Interested in: K. Rool / Ridley / Chrom / Dark Samus / Richter / Geno / Mach Rider
2. Smash 4 - Mained: Shulk / Ryu / Robin / Cloud Enjoyed: Villager / Mega Man Wanted to Enjoy: Palutina / Pac-Man / Little Mac / Rosalina / Lucina / Dark Pit / Bayonetta / Corrin / Greninja
3. Brawl - Mained: Sonic / Dedede Wanted to Enjoy: Meta Knight
4. Melee - Mained: Roy / Mewtwo

Arteen

Smash Lord
Oh my god... IT ALL MAKES SENSE NOW!!! GUYS I'VE FIGURED OUT WHO THE LEAKER IS!!!

The next Smash character will be... *scribbles into notebook* ...my favorite Pokemon, Incineroar!

Oh no oh no, wrong notebook!

Top Bottom