• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

Louisacommie

Smash Apprentice
Your a true Mr grinch

You really are real

Isaac confirmed

Golden sun stage

More remixes

Get hyped

TheSMASHtyke

Smash Journeyman
Wait, Framingham State University? That's my alma mater! Too bad I don't drive, so I can't get there even though it's only about an hour's drive away... and my parents are away for the weekend, so they can't drive me...
FSU = Florida State University in this case. The event this all follows is for very relevant NCAA football games. Probably the hottest game of the weekend is Clemson vs Florida State University.

Sorry to disappoint.

Metocles

Smash Journeyman
I'm playing through it right now and I can't find a single sprout
You'll have to excuse this LPers annoying voice, I just found a random playthrough so I could find a sprite real quick because I was getting somewhat impatient trying to find one when I booted up my game as well.

Here, stop the video at 20:19 and you can see Dark Dawn's sprouts which are pretty different because it's fully 3D. Like I said, I lend much more credence to the originals in nature when they are more simplistic and match what we see here. Still the same color on the dungeon screens though so that's something.

NoOtherPersona

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4922-9697-9289
You'll have to excuse this LPers annoying voice, I just found a random playthrough so I could find a sprite real quick because I was getting somewhat impatient trying to find one when I booted up my game as well.

Here, stop the video at 20:19 and you can see Dark Dawn's sprouts which are pretty different because it's fully 3D. Like I said, I lend much more credence to the originals in nature when they are more simplistic and match what we see here. Still the same color on the dungeon screens though so that's something.
Thank you now I can stop playing also shameless plug buy ever oasis it's a good game please ❤ that goes for the people lurking in this thread too we know you watching

Last edited:

Jupiter Ivan

Smash Ace
huh. Just booted up DD so see the comparison first hand. It doesn’t have the bubble (of course) but aside from that, it kind of looks the item’s stem is curving to the left... the same goes for DDs growth icon... but it’s MUCH more pronounced.

(Puts on tin foil hat) what if we’re we have the right idea. But we’re looking at it wrong.

What if it IS growth. But not from TBS, TLA or DD?...

(Takes off tin foil hat)

But it’s probs something else entirely guys lol. I’d much rather put my faith in the Grinch leak as Isaac’s conformation than a random ass plant.

Xenigma

Smash Lord
NNID
Xenigma
I'll be honest, I don't buy that this is a Golden Sun item just yet. Sure, I can see the resemblance to Growth psynegy and the Tret arc in particular, but the fact that the Healing Field item already in Ultimate has a similar (if not identical) sprout icon on it says to me this apparent new item is related to that, especially given we have no reason to believe whatever build this was pulled from has any other new content. Interesting discovery, but it's not a smoking gun.

TheSpaceKing12

Banned via Warnings
NNID
IsaacForSSB4
3DS FC
2105-8706-4581
Now that I have the attention of 150 people, I would like to welcome you to the cult of Golden Sun. The last 40 hours is the first SERIOUS chance we've had in years. And I am so, so happy.

Jupiter Ivan

Smash Ace
Lol, this is funny because in the game, how this event happened is still a mystery. Didn't Ivan say that we may never know why these bubbles formed around them the time and place they did?
I always had a theory that it was Laurel that produced the shields.

Dionaea_floridensis

Smash Journeyman
I haven't seen any evidence besides the sprouts looking similar to suggest this is a GS reference. The Tret Bubbles aren't really selling me

QcSlayer

Smash Journeyman
I'll be honest, I don't buy that this is a Golden Sun item just yet. Sure, I can see the resemblance to Growth psynegy and the Tret arc in particular, but the fact that the Healing Field item already in Ultimate has a similar (if not identical) sprout icon on it says to me this apparent new item is related to that, especially given we have no reason to believe whatever build this was pulled from has any other new content. Interesting discovery, but it's not a smoking gun.
Nothing to do whit the healing field.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-DcuL7Xg11o&t=147s

At 2.25 we can see the item behing use whit a red arrow over it (beyongs to player 1) Since the arrow is grey the Growth psynergy beyong to no one. (What it looks before behing use).

So Growth in a psynergy bubble.

Last edited:

Smashmar2

Smash Cadet
You know what. I think I'm gonna take a break from being around here for a bit to just wait and see what happens. So many times I keep seeing the up and down roller coaster of hope being established only for it to die or be killed off. Of course we need to hype responsibly, I don't assume everyone is 100% sure that all of this info is true or that Isaac is even in, but honesty seeing all this is just depressing and so I'll just keep my stance at "Hopeful" and leave it at that, I pray we can all finally get on the other side of the wall and IF/WHEN Isaac is added; we can start talking about how we plan to go about playing him or something, basically; you guys stay awesome, but I need a break lol.

Dionaea_floridensis

Smash Journeyman
I don't think the Tret Bubbles really support the sprout case. I'm personally leaning towards this being an Animal Crossing item or a smash original item

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
I don't think the Tret Bubbles really support the sprout case. I'm personally leaning towards this being an Animal Crossing item or a smash original item
I don't know anything about animal crossing so can't comment on that but I don't think it's likely to be a Smash original item.

Last edited:

jweb23

Smash Journeyman
As an Animal Crossing fan there is no item like that unless they made Villagers Down Special into an item however...even assuming that could be the situation why is the orb around it? That orb references nothing in Animal Crossing.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
https://youtu.be/fzc_E_mFq2k
https://youtu.be/HpXmqvIEdzY

Had to divide video into 2 sections. Please just look at it with an open mind and look for objective arguments. Forgive me for my lack of professionalism or video editing, I don't know how to do that kind of stuff. Also I know one of my biggest faults as a person is that I over explain and talk too much in general, which I kind of do in the video.

Also I think I forgot to talk about the autofill on the video, lmao. I don't remember but that's because it's not even as important as the other stuff I talk about.
Late as ****, but kudos. Had to commend you on the video, quick and well explained. Not a leak killer (personally I think it makes a lot of sense to have many versions of the background for marketing purposes), but it shows how it could have very well been faked.

And then GoodGrief caught up with 7 pages of discussion, where apparently a second version of the mural showed up on the side of a bus, and Growth showed up as an item, and he thought ‘What the hell is happening?’

Dionaea_floridensis

Smash Journeyman
As an Animal Crossing fan there is no item like that unless they made Villagers Down Special into an item however...even assuming that could be the situation why is the orb around it? That orb references nothing in Animal Crossing.
Fair enough. I'm just trying to eliminate as many other possibilities. GameXplain also suggested that it might be a new food item?

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Animal Crossing tree saplings are not pure green, though. They have a brown stem, with the leaves being appropriately colored green or whatever the season is.

Dionaea_floridensis

Smash Journeyman
To be fair villager's sprout and this one look different. They're not connected.
Villager's sprout has a brown stem and this one has a green one. I can't remember off the top of my head if there are any other sprouts in AC with a green stem.

Last edited:

Delta64

Smash Journeyman
Man, this is crazy. A couple of days ago people in this thread were dying of boredom and then the Grinch set it on fire! And now we are looking at grass. I feel like I am going to wake up tomorrow and find people in this thread talking about another ridiculous topic that relates to Smash.

MeatOfJustice

Smash Journeyman
It's from Golden Sun guys, Ryukas (Discord) was the one to point out that the bubble was the one from Tret!!!!!

Isaac Confirm!!!
The bubbles weren't made by Tret, IIRC Ivan thought that the Psynergy bubbles were a body reaction of Adepts to prevent themselves from harm, like your body forcing you to stop holding your breath after a while.

Last edited:
Top Bottom