• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

LegendOfDragoon

Smash Journeyman
So we can start counting out it being part of a new stage or something left behind by a Djin or AT. It seems to be it's own item. What if "Overworld" Psynergies such as Frost and Growth were made into items?
There's already precedent for that, like the cloak orb (Could replace the invisibility field), the frost gem, ect. Odd enough Growth isn't one of the utility psynergy gained in this way.

TheSpaceKing12

Banned via Warnings
NNID
IsaacForSSB4
3DS FC
2105-8706-4581
I think i've found CONCLUSIVE evidence for Team Real. But i'm only in phase 1 of this analysis.

THE 6r

Smash Ace
NNID
6r$¢€£¥™©®
3DS FC
2981-7049-0538
Switch FC
SW-1195-6602-2525

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
So a lot of people here are really just going to keep claiming that this leak is undeniably real huh? I mean, I could at least understand seeing the flaws and then deciding real while saying, yeah there were issues. But you cannot deny the leak is questionable.

I’m going to whole sale use my post in the Geno thread to give my very honest take on this:

Pros:
-Appears to be an actually printed item
-The renders for the new characters haven’t been found
-Characters moved around to accommodate new characters without too much issue, including the reuniting of the Mii Fighters
-PapaGenos insider
-Effort involved? (I’m giving this one though I just think it’s kind of a fact)

Cons:
-Extremely blurry image
-Background does not consistently match up with previous material showing the blank Battlefield
-The company Eric Bricard supposedly works for has no known connection to Bandai Namco or the Grinch marketing. Only Ubisoft, which again, is a fellow French company
-The real Eric Bricard has been contacted and supposedly knows nothing of the situation
-The original company claims that Eric Bricard has not worked for them since 2016
-Spawnwave’s insider
-Sakurai said don’t expect too many newcomers
-Sakurai said they might have been trigger happy and were slowing down the pace of reveals

Super Conveninet Stuff:
-Stills from a Snapchat video. So the original video no longer exists
-A Chadendorf post from a month ago that can’t possibly be connected or disconnected due to anonymity
-Supposed people who saw the SnapChat, but no proof
-A supposed graphic designer can’t fully obscure his name, which leads to a breadcrumb trail
-NDAs can conveniently be used in most situations

There’s just way too much for this to be undeniable. I don’t even think there’s enough to believe it at this point, but I won’t call that out at much. This all feels like people wanting this to be real and not acknowledging the horrible inconsistencies and conveniences of the situation in their decision making...

Isaac has a good enough chance without this dumb leak anyway.

Gurein

Smash Apprentice
But isn't Megaman simply just covering the crystal now?
Also not convinced by the sprout being a GS item, but as they say, BIG if true.

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
Megaman was moved up in the newest mural, showing the crystal. Before his blaster was covering it up.

Edit: Sorry, you had already cleared it up.

Something else that's interesting is that everytime a new character is introduced, all other characters are made smaller and moved upwards in order to create a sense of depth (like they are farther in the background) so that they can all fit into the exact same background.

In the leak however they are all the exact same size and height as the Isabelle leak. Take that as you will.

Last edited:

Xenigma

Smash Lord
NNID
Xenigma
I actually agree with this. It is quite crazy to believe someone decided to spend all this time on making this leak with no gain whatsoever. I do think this is a valid counterpoint, but...

It is just as hard for me to believe though that Nintendo decided to change parts of the background that don't actually change anything in the final product. This is the equivalent of a blind guy spending time, money and effort to paint the inside of his house red even though he has never invited anyone over and he can't see the walls himself. To me it's the same amount of crazy, lol.
It doesn't seem a stretch to me that artists with Nintendo would be the type to sweat the seemingly insignificant details because of the high quality level they're accustomed to producing, which in this case would mean altering the background image to allow the more important character art to stand out more before doing the final arrangement of the characters on top.

Related tangent: I briefly worked on charting songs for the Rock Band Network back during the days of Rock Band 2 and 3. While the artistry is arguably minimal, as you're basically just transcribing the song into some simplified charts in a MIDI file, a lot of the community members working on them were notorious perfectionists who would carefully work on every detail to make sure the charts perfectly matched the songs. I don't know how many people honestly appreciate how much work went into those songs, but I certainly took a lot of pride in making sure my output was at a very high level of quality, and I was heartbroken whenever I found something that made it to the official storefront that wasn't up to that bar. I'm no artist, but I bet anyone who works in games or movies or whatever else feels much the same way, and thus are liable to worry about the smallest details that may matter to no one else but themselves.

Last edited:

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
It doesn't seem a stretch to me that artists with Nintendo would be the type to sweat the seemingly insignificant details because of the high quality level they're accustomed to producing, which in this case would mean altering the background image to allow the more important character art to stand out more before doing the final arrangement of the characters on top.
I hope I don't sound rude but I am trying to make it very clear: You cannot make a character stand out more by changing something that is completely blocked by said character. The final product will look exactly identical once the character is on top of it. It's not professionalism, it's wasting time and money in something that will never be seen.

Last edited:

?!?!?!

Smash Ace
Megaman was moved up in the newest mural, showing the crystal. Before his blaster was covering it up.

Edit: Sorry, you had already cleared it up.

Something else that's interesting is that everytime a new character is introduced, all other characters are made smaller and moved upwards in order to create a sense of depth (like they are farther in the background) so that they can all fit into the exact same background.

In the leak however they are all the exact same size and height as the Isabelle leak. Take that as you will.
I thought someone mentioned that olimar (next to isaac) was made smaller in the leak, there may have been others but olimar is the one I remember

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
I thought someone mentioned that olimar (next to isaac) was made smaller in the leak, there may have been others but olimar is the one I remember

Oh, sorry, I meant more in a general sense, I didn't actually check specific characters. Let me correct myself, if you look in my video when I switch between versions of the mural you can see the whole group of characters becomes smaller as a whole and all of them are moved upwards. Basically every time a new character is added, all other 60 chars move upwards and become smaller. That didn't happen in the leak, most characters are the same size and the same height from the bottom of the mural.

The reason this was happening was probably to make more space for the new characters, but that doesn't really mean anything to be honest, because if all characters fit they shouldn't need to make them smaller or move them upwards.

Last edited:

TheSpaceKing12

Banned via Warnings
NNID
IsaacForSSB4
3DS FC
2105-8706-4581
The banner on the website and the banner on the bus have a pixel length difference of 1 lol. And that could almost certainly be explained away by means of well...this being two different banners. The bus doesn't have Isabelle, the website does. However, what remains un-explained after a good 30 minutes in photo shop counting pixels, is how the crystal looks different.

Attachments

Xenigma

Smash Lord
NNID
Xenigma
I hope I don't sound rude but I am trying to make it very clear: You cannot make a character stand out more by changing something that is completely blocked by said character. The final product will look exactly identical once the character is on top of it. It's not professionalism, it's wasting time and money in something that will never be seen.
I don't think that's the case though. I'm looking at a darkened sky, simplified cloud layouts, and the apparent removal of the blue in the circles on the ground beneath the characters in front, among other details that aren't actually covered up. It's as though someone decided "This background is too complicated, simplify it" and set an artist to doing just that before putting the characters back on top again. Also, considering that background is also used behind the game logo in the leak, I don't think it's unfair to suggest that even the aspects otherwise hidden behind characters suddenly become relevant again. Considering that is, what, a day or two of an artists time to do, quite possibly someone from the marketing team in particular? That doesn't seem an unreasonable choice at all.

?!?!?!

Smash Ace
Could it be a mobile sprout from earthbound? Maybe not I guess, would probably make sense for that to be an AT like the ramblin' mushroom

Last edited:

Pwnapplez

Smash Ace
Psynergy could work like the screwattack. Hit the bubble get to use one of the few overworld psynergy if there is more then growth.

Still don't think it's a GS item. That could be that I just don't want to be disapointed. But things look good for Isaac and 50

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
I don't think that's the case though. I'm looking at a darkened sky, simplified cloud layouts, and the apparent removal of the blue in the circles on the ground beneath the characters in front, among other details that aren't actually covered up. It's as though someone decided "This background is too complicated, simplify it" and set an artist to doing just that before putting the characters back on top again. Also, considering that background is also used behind the game logo in the leak, I don't think it's unfair to suggest that even the aspects otherwise hidden behind characters suddenly become relevant again. Considering that is, what, a day or two of an artists time to do, quite possibly someone from the marketing team in particular? That doesn't seem an unreasonable choice at all.
Ah, I understand what you are debating right now. I agree with this, but I had chalked all of those changes up to "bluriness", "discoloration" and "distortion". I do agree that it would be a logical decision to make changes like that if they thought it would be too complicated.

The things I am talking about though have nothing to do with the ones that you are talking about. I was talking more so about missing islands, missing crystals, missing waterfalls, missing light shafts, missing clouds and such that are literally impossible to see in any of the murals because a character is standing in front of it.

We only know they exist because we found the empty battlefield render and unfortunately (and suspiciously) they are all missing from the leak.

The banner on the website and the banner on the bus have a pixel length difference of 1 lol. And that could almost certainly be explained away by means of well...this being two different banners. The bus doesn't have Isabelle, the website does. However, what remains un-explained after a good 30 minutes in photo shop counting pixels, is how the crystal looks different.
Megaman was moved upwards in the Isabelle mural revealing the crystal, in the K Rool and Ridley versions his blaster was covering the crystal. Also, unfortunately you can't really tell how many pixels an artwork has from a picture of it. You need the original artwork on your pc to know.

Last edited:

FlintIke

Smash Journeyman
Yeah now that mysterious item pops up... OH COME ON WHAT'S GOING ON?!

I heard that someone suggested it may be "hannenbow" related or whatever that stage in Smash Wii U was called, but I also thought of "Growth" at first glare...

Isaac seems closer and closer week by week...!!!!!

THE 6r

Smash Ace
NNID
6r$¢€£¥™©®
3DS FC
2981-7049-0538
Switch FC
SW-1195-6602-2525
Random thought that came to mind: What if the artist was just focusing on the character mural and not the background? That would explain the background differences. I know this could be unlikely, but it would seem plausible that someone would first focus on the characters before placing them on top of a simplified background before putting atop the more detailed background.

Edit: Words and stuff

Last edited:

Metocles

Smash Journeyman
So uh, how about that sprout item? Think it's a Golden Sun item or an OG one?
There's a very good possibility that it's a Golden Sun item. For one, the item shown has been compared to the healing item, but from what I see, aren't they two different colors of green? The healing item is a more light-colored green whereas the growth sprite typically has some more of a neon feel to it? The Golden Sun growth spots have this same kind of color palette. I know because I just replayed the first two games about a month ago.

I will not usually do this, but I'll link to a thread currently going on over in gamefaqs here, scroll down and look at posts 8-12. Someone's over-layed the two on top of one another and the resemblance is uncanny. Take it for what it is now. We're getting inundated with stuff now.

Last edited:

Xenigma

Smash Lord
NNID
Xenigma
Ah, I understand what you are debating right now. I agree with this, but I had chalked all of those changes up to "bluriness", "discoloration" and "distortion". I do agree that it would be a logical decision to make changes like that if they thought it would be too complicated.

The things I am talking about though have nothing to do with the ones that you are talking about. I was talking more so about missing islands, missing crystals, missing waterfalls, missing light shafts, missing clouds and such that are literally impossible to see in any of the murals because a character is standing in front of it.
I agree the latter seems odd, especially since those sorts of details would arguably look quite good in the version with the game logo over the background where they would actually be visible. I guess the way I see it is if you're already going to make changes around the edges to push the focus off the background and towards what's on top, it doesn't hurt to also take some time to edit the rest of the background that is normally hidden to ensure it all matches that design philosophy. Then you're covered if you reuse that asset for any other materials beyond that character mural.

Huanchi

Smash Apprentice
We are so freaking in this game bros. We did it reddit. All hail our lord and saviour Grinch

Last edited:

Flynn.Scifo

Smash Ace
If we consider this was gonna be an arm band or something, isn't that possible they made the background less detailed and flashy so the characters would stand out more on such a small object ?

Last edited:

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
Random thought that came to mind: What if the artist was just focusing on the character mural and not the background? That would explain the background differences. I know this could be unlikely, but it would seem plausible that someone would first focus on the characters on tip of a simplified background before putting atop the more detailed background.
The question then would be, why does he even have a different background? Why wouldn't Nintendo just provide him with the background they already made or why would they ask him to recreate the background anyways.

Psynergy could work like the screwattack. Hit the bubble get to use one of the few overworld psynergy if there is more then growth.

Still don't think it's a GS item. That could be that I just don't want to be disapointed. But things look good for Isaac and 50
I like this, I really want overworld psynergy represented somehow and this seems like a cool idea.

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
So if the leak is true we get:
  • Isaac
  • Ken
  • Chorus Kids
  • Banjo
  • Geno
  • Mach Rider
  • Shadow
Sounds good for a final roster count.
Ray - 01 Is cut.

And the lack of anything for anything for F-Zero feels like a middle finger for the grave known as the F-ZEro fanbase.

QcSlayer

Smash Journeyman
It's from Golden Sun guys, Ryukas (Discord) was the one to point out that the bubble was the one from Tret!!!!!

Isaac Confirm!!!
Isaac_unlock_Ultimate.png

Attachments

Last edited:

Metocles

Smash Journeyman
If we consider this was gonna be a arm band or something, isn't that possible they made the background less detailed and flashy so the characters would stand out more on such a small object ?
From what others have pointed out, it's actually not an armband but something that retailers commonly get to put on store displays for promotional items like games or movies. The upper portion has the glue and a tab + tab insert. You typically wrap it around a cylindrical display item. This, again, lines up with a manufacturer that prints out posters, boxes, advertising materials in different scales and measurements for various uses. Which is exactly what these two companies, Marina and ACP-PLV, do for a living.

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
If we consider this was gonna be an arm band or something, isn't that possible they made the background less detailed and flashy so the characters would stand out more on such a small object ?
Not just as an armband but also if it is truly gonna used as a light thing, you would need to alter a few things if they made characters or whatever less visible or less understandable to the viewer's eye.
1540426347084.png

FlintIke

Smash Journeyman
OH MY GOD 100% OFFICIAL EVIDENCE FINALLY!!!!! IT'S HAPPENING BROTHERS AND SISTERS <3 !!!!!!!!!

No but srsly that could be soooo huge. I will keep an eye on that footage. If they "change" anything in it.

Last edited:
Top Bottom