• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

?!?!?!

Smash Ace
Apparently some people have gotten notifications on YouTube for a Nintendo direct listing on the Nintendo YouTube account? I can't post the link atm but check source gaming's twitter

Sounds like something is happening very soon!

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
Apparently some people have gotten notifications on YouTube for a Nintendo direct listing on the Nintendo YouTube account? I can't post the link atm but check source gaming's twitter

It could be fake for all we know.

TappyBat

Smash Ace
but the tweet said the picture was cool and something about the website no "oh hey this remind you of anything?" or anything of the sort

PokiehlthePoet

Smash Apprentice
yeah, based on his reputation for giving obscure hints he i dont think hed say something like "what does this look like to you guys?" lol..

TappyBat

Smash Ace
Still think you're looking too far into that for something that probably isn't there. The trademark seems to have more going for it but that's just me.

Undella2

Smash Journeyman
I've come up with an idea to make Golden Sun dialogue better.

All you need to do is replace the normal GS font with the Mr. Saturn font from the Mother Games.

Obviously.

No, but seriously, if and when they do make another Golden Sun game, it needs to have a better dialogue system.

That was my main problem with DD, and to a lesser extent, the first Golden Sun.

(I still haven't been able to play TLA)

pholtos

Smash Journeyman
It hopefully is a reference in disguise, cause it surely looks like it... and talk about stringing along a large fanbase of a game with zero playables.

I think he realized he poked the golden sun beehive, so hopefully that means something good for our future.

?!?!?!

Smash Ace

This was confirmed fake btw

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
lol so much for that. I'm still expecting something this next week, based on the playlist + "new " removed from banner thingy. Hoping it finally happens… tired of his damn wait lol

DogManStar

Smash Ace
It's been a long time since the playlist update. I wonder if they waited or something because everyone expected news this past week? Honestly I don't know what to make of any of this anymore.

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
I just imagine they are watching every conversation going "Ok they expect info because of this, this, and this so better delay the info by a week"
And Sakurai is just rubbing his hands maniacally saying "Good. Good."

Last edited:

PokiehlthePoet

Smash Apprentice
Still think you're looking too far into that for something that probably isn't there. The trademark seems to have more going for it but that's just me.
well yeah it is speculation, you might want something concrete like a tm renewal or straight up confirmation, but thats just not what sakurai does aha.... hes always very obscure and likes to leave people on the edge of their seat

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
The trademark that was identical to the other, like, four that were renewed simultaneously?

TempestSurge

Smash Ace
but the tweet said the picture was cool and something about the website no "oh hey this remind you of anything?" or anything of the sort
I've been on team Rathalos tweet for the longest so won't reiterate what's been said a dozen times. But I don't see how Sakurai saying those exact words you mentioned would make a difference. We'd probably still be here debating that, 'No way is he talking about Golden Sun. Probably just talking about Monster Hunter or some other rpg, we're looking too much into it.'

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
I had a dream about Isaac getting into Smash last night. He had move as his b neutral but his up b kinda looked like Roys. (just with added earth effects instead of fire)

It was still exciting at least during the Dream.

TempestSurge

Smash Ace
I had a dream about Isaac getting into Smash last night. He had move as his b neutral but his up b kinda looked like Roys. (just with added earth effects instead of fire)

It was still exciting at least during the Dream.
My dreams about Isaac have surpassed my dreams about Ike (back when he was unconfirmed in 4 days). They're never cool an extravagant smash trailers, just weird mundane things like seeing him pick up items in Coliseum cause he's not allowed to participate in the fights. If he's going to be a random reoccurring dream, at least take me on a date or something, change it up lol.

Last edited:

IsaacOrRiot

Smash Rookie
The Isabelle reveal was around page 400.
So... another reveal at page 600 ?
That would be a crazy coincidence.

D

Deleted member

Doubt the thing being updated means anything. But I think we're getting something.

When is the next Direct? I'd say early mid November. I don't expect anything next week, If I'm wrong so be it.

Hopefully Isaac is coming in whatever is to come.

hustler713

Smash Apprentice
We're talking an experienced man in terms of Fanexpextations. He knew the GS Fanbase will immediatly be hooked by this picture. We also have a precedence of a similiar case with the red eyes Tweet preceding the K Rool Reveal.

Even though I'm 100% sure the Rathalos Tweet was a GS Reference, i still think it does not necessarily have to mean he is playable. What actually worries me is that a List of Assist Trophies was shown at the side of the screen.
It COULD be that Sakurai meant it in a way of saying "look which characters not an assist anymore!", but it could also be meant as "look who's an assist again!".

I'm still sure he is in. Sakurai seems to listen to Fans this Time rather than satisfying his own weird taste. Silence doesn't necessarily mean Rejection.

TempestSurge

Smash Ace
We're talking an experienced man in terms of Fanexpextations. He knew the GS Fanbase will immediatly be hooked by this picture. We also have a precedence of a similiar case with the red eyes Tweet preceding the K Rool Reveal.

Even though I'm 100% sure the Rathalos Tweet was a GS Reference, i still think it does not necessarily have to mean he is playable. What actually worries me is that a List of Assist Trophies was shown at the side of the screen.
It COULD be that Sakurai meant it in a way of saying "look which characters not an assist anymore!", but it could also be meant as "look who's an assist again!".

I'm still sure he is in. Sakurai seems to listen to Fans this Time rather than satisfying his own weird taste. Silence doesn't necessarily mean Rejection.
Isaac would have just straight up been in the actual picture if he wanted to show he was an assist again, doesn't make much sense to make this big hint over an assist character when he pretty much ripped the bandage off of other popular characters in the E3/August assist showcases. At this rate, Isaac will stick out like a sore thumb being shown off with assists like Infantry&Tanks, Chain Chomp, Magnus etc. just because most of the popular ones people were behind to be playable have either been deconfirmed already or actually made the playable roster.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

But those two months will feel like an eternity.
Especially since the last info dump was in August and it's more and more unlikely that we will hear anything in October.

You know... Sakurai said that every fighter will be announced before the release date, but maybe like Duck Hunt, the reveals for a character like that will be shown the day if release. Stupid thinking, I know, but anything is possible.

THE 6r

Smash Ace
NNID
6r$¢€£¥™©®
3DS FC
2981-7049-0538
Switch FC
SW-1195-6602-2525
Especially since the last info dump was in August and it's more and more unlikely that we will hear anything in October.

You know... Sakurai said that every fighter will be announced before the release date, but maybe like Duck Hunt, the reveals for a character like that will be shown the day if release. Stupid thinking, I know, but anything is possible.
My guess is that the latest they would realistically show the final character(s) would be last or second to last week of November. I think a launch day reveal would not be as impactful as one last big reveal right before the game comes out.

LegendOfDragoon

Smash Journeyman
The trademark that was identical to the other, like, four that were renewed simultaneously?
No, Golden sun saw massive expansions to their protections including smartphone data and smartphone cases. None of the other 3 received the same treatment. All the other ones were due as well, whereas Golden sun was renewed several years early.

Top Bottom